Skyrim Special Edition or original Skyrim?

lambient1988

Few questions,

1. Which one is better for modding?

2. Will it ever receive the modding support Skyrim received?

3. Does SE have all the DLCs included in it?

4. After SKSE is out, will original Skyrim's mods work with the Special Edition?

5. Apart from retextures, are there any storyline or dialogue or any other differences in both the games?

There is definitely something wrong with it because it is not true and claiming otherwise publicly is to spread bad information for people trying to make decisions.

Again, No. There isn't. Re-read the OP's post, and perhaps you'll understand better what is being discussed here:

Question 1: which is better for modding?

Question 2: will it ever receive the modding support Skyrim received?

Question 3: does SE have all the DLCs included in it?

Question 4: after SKSE is out, will original Skyrim's mods work with the Special Edition?

Question 5: apart from retextures, are there any storyline or dialogue or any other differences in both games?

NONE of these questions are based on whether or not SSE is the more stable version of Skyrim. In fact, 3 of the 5 questions specifically reference mods and clearly questions the comparable moddability of both versions as a factor in deciding which to use. The mention of SKSE clearly points to an interest in some of the more "complex" mods. Your points are all from a single perspective: stability. A perspective the OP didn't even reference. And a subjective one at that. We get it. You're in love with SSE for it's stability above ALL else. Well, not all of us feel the same as you, and we expect more from our Skyrim install. Things that SSE simply cannot provide for us at this time. So lets answer the OP's questions based on what he actually asked:

1) Better for modding? Original Skyrim, hands down. But depending on what you want the game to do.

2) Mod support? Unknown at this time. Far too many variables to consider to make a realistic assumption. So again, Original Skyrim.

3) All DLCs? Yes, so on that point either works. Again, depending on what you want the game to do.

4) SKSE? Original Skyrim again. Unless you want to hold off for SKSE64 for SSE, and hopefully the mods you're interested get ported over.

5) Content difference? They're identical. So once again, it's up to what you want the game to do.

Those 5 answers clearly point to original Skyrim being the choice for the OP "IF" he doesn't want to wait, and "IF" he wants the game to do things SSE simply cannot do at this time.

As others have already stated, a proper Skyrim32 setup can look and run equally as well as Skyrim64. Mine certainly does.....

Trykz

Once again, your giving a biased and false assessment of what the OP asked. 

On the following:

1. Better for modding: 100% SE.. far superior overhead, far more stable and no amount of saying "well mine runs fine" washes, because you know that is not the case for the vast majority of new players. You have to do all kinds of tricks and spend many 10's of hours just tinkering to get stable setup with Oldrim.

2. Mod Support: More and more mods are being written for SE, SKSE64 is planned for March beta release. SE All the way here again.

3. You would need to purchase the legendary edition or buy the DLC's for Oldrim. NOT true for SSE.

4. If those mods do not get ported, they are worthless and will be superseded. Modding is all about doing things better, if you want to go with that mindset then SSE is the guaranteed future.

Go on, please keep telling us how 32bit is better than 64bit.. it's entertaining..

I find it amusing that some of you guys are still duking it out over what amounts to semantics when the OP has already long since declared that they are happy to stick with oldrim until SSE catches up.

All this to and fro is meaningless if the impetus for authors to move to the new engine isn't there, regardless of when SKSE64 is out of closed alpha. Sure, in theory SSE is a better platform, but if it turns out that Skyrim modding has long since peaked, well there's a distinct likelihood that SSE will never be as remotely fertile a place to be as oldrim was. 

"More and more mods are being written for SE"  - For authors like enaisiaion there's no point in developing mods reliant on SKSE  because they want cross-platform reach. Most authors who have bothered to come out of the cold to port previously dormant work are probably doing so because their potential audience has been reinvigorated, albeit temporarily. We don't know that this will continue when SKSE64 comes out, but there's a good chance that many authors of SKSE-based mods won't bother to revisit their work, in which case we're depending on others to take up the baton. 

We should bear in mind that the golden era of Skyrim modding occurred on a 32bit platform that has always been horribly unstable and largely ill-suited to perform the tasks mod authors demanded of it, hence the myriad of tools we've all grown very accustomed to using in order to keep it from shaking itself to bits. At this stage in the game's life, I'm not sure that we'll ever see that level of creative impetus again. 

On the following:

1. Better for modding: 100% SE.. far superior overhead, far more stable and no amount of saying "well mine runs fine" washes, because you know that is not the case for the vast majority of new players. You have to do all kinds of tricks and spend many 10's of hours just tinkering to get stable setup with Oldrim.

2. Mod Support: More and more mods are being written for SE, SKSE64 is planned for March beta release. SE All the way here again.

3. You would need to purchase the legendary edition or buy the DLC's for Oldrim. NOT true for SSE.

4. If those mods do not get ported, they are worthless and will be superseded. Modding is all about doing things better, if you want to go with that mindset then SSE is the guaranteed future.

Go on, please keep telling us how 32bit is better than 64bit.. it's entertaining..

No. Once again I gave an answer based on what the OP actually asked. He's asking the questions now. Not in March. Not to mention he's got near 600 posts here. So on your point 1, he likely already knows the rigors of setting up a stable Skyrim32. His questions about SKSE based mods clearly indicates that. On point 2, you're speaking as if all modding for Skyrim32 has ceased. It hasn't, and certainly never will. On point 3, it's a $10 difference on Steam. Pretty nominal if he doesn't want to wait for the more advanced mods like SexLab. Point 4 is just pointless opinion. If a mod doesn't get ported, it will be for any one (or many) of a number of reasons. But certainly not simply because it was "worthless". Perhaps their authors are no longer modding Skyrim. In which case "superseded" will translate into "stolen and ported anyway" if permissions aren't first acquired. Modding is NOT "all about doing things better". Modding is all about what interests the modder. Modders mod games for themselves, first and foremost, to make their own game experience more enjoyable, and to share that experience with others of like mindset.

My very first reply in this thread very clearly conceded that Skyrim64 would obviously offer better stability over Skyrim32. So what's truly entertaining, is watching how vigorously some of you fanboys choose to use that already conceded point to validate your opinion that Skyrim64 is better overall.

And that's the cruxt of it. Neither or either is "better" subjectively. Because once again, it depends on what you want the game to do.

Trykz

On the following:

everyone can read what the op asked...

as for why this thread became the same crap as the racemenu vs ece threads, cbbe vs unp threads, cot vs x threads, water vs x threads...

not everyone pick the same thing, but the thing everyone pick is always the best

just for lol

1. what make you think the ones that weren't able to make a stable load order before sse, will be able to make one with sse?

took me weeks to do that 2 years ago

if mod a give an immersive armor to a npc, and mod b give a new head to a npc, you need a patch to have both edits, sse don't change that

2. switching to sse now to wait for march? euh... why not just wait march?

3. legendary cost less than sse (but it no longer give you sse for free, wrote something about that in the pre release thread, yet some have bought legendary to... not get sse for "free")

4. many mods are abandonned... modder won't come back to port it to sse... that don't make those mods worthless...

there will be a tes5edit convert plugin for that... easier and faster than looking for a sse version of all your load order...

I find it amusing that some of you guys are still duking it out over what amounts to semantics when the OP has already long since declared that they are happy to stick with oldrim until SSE catches up.

The subject of differences between platforms is worth discussing beyond the personal needs of the OP. There could be other people asking the same questions that want more info than he did before making a decision.

But, really, my main motivation here is in wanting others to try it for themselves! I started out with similar skepticism. But, am glad I took the time to try it. For anyone who has spent time modding Skyrim, I think it's at least a must-try thing, even if your favorite mod isn't there yet.

All this to and fro is meaningless if the impetus for authors to move to the new engine isn't there, regardless of when SKSE64 is out of closed alpha. Sure, in theory SSE is a better platform, but if it turns out that Skyrim modding has long since peaked, well there's a distinct likelihood that SSE will never be as remotely fertile a place to be as oldrim was. 

It is already proven that modding in SSE is in high demand.

USSEP has been downloaded well over half a million times. Converting SKSE to SKSE64 is a huge task that has been taken on as a priority over an extender for the much newer Fallout 4.

Even if no new mods are authored in SSE, simply enjoying the hard work that was put in on oldrim in a faster, more stable and easier to mod game is good, right?

"More and more mods are being written for SE"  - For authors like enaisiaion there's no point in developing mods reliant on SKSE  because they want cross-platform reach. Most authors who have bothered to come out of the cold to port previously dormant work are probably doing so because their potential audience has been reinvigorated, albeit temporarily. We don't know that this will continue when SKSE64 comes out, but there's a good chance that many authors of SKSE-based mods won't bother to revisit their work, in which case we're depending on others to take up the baton. 

Why would people be reinvigorated by non-SKSE mods and then suddenly not care about SKSE64 mods?

The current situation has shown that relying on others to take up the baton is working very well. Go look at the top files for SSE. A large number of them are ports completed by someone other than the original author.

We should bear in mind that the golden era of Skyrim modding occurred on a 32bit platform that has always been horribly unstable and largely ill-suited to perform the tasks mod authors demanded of it, hence the myriad of tools we've all grown very accustomed to using in order to keep it from shaking itself to bits. At this stage in the game's life, I'm not sure that we'll ever see that level of creative impetus again. 

That is probably true. And solving that problem is why I think that Bethesda should make a more complete API that is based on what modders end up needing. That way, there would be more cross-game compatibility and communities wouldn't get stuck waiting for extenders and other tools.

But, all that said, SSE doesn't need to revive the golden age to be a success. Simply running a lot of mods faster, more stable and pain-free is a win for those who continue to mod.

My very first reply in this thread very clearly conceded that Skyrim64 would obviously offer better stability over Skyrim32. So what's truly entertaining, is watching how vigorously some of you fanboys choose to use that already conceded point to validate your opinion that Skyrim64 is better overall.

And that's the cruxt of it. Neither or either is "better" subjectively. Because once again, it depends on what you want the game to do.

Nobody is criticizing the choice to use either platform. The criticism comes in when it is implied that there is not a substantial technology advantage with SSE. You have not consistently conceded that and that could be confusing to people just now learning about modding.

1. what make you think the ones that weren't able to make a stable load order before sse, will be able to make one with sse?

took me weeks to do that 2 years ago

if mod a give an immersive armor to a npc, and mod b give a new head to a npc, you need a patch to have both edits, sse don't change that

What makes me think that they will be able to make a stable load order with SSE is that it is WAY easier to do. I've done this with both. Working with SSE is way more plug and play. The number of mods that will cause problems and require troubleshooting is dramatically reduced.

2. switching to sse now to wait for march? euh... why not just wait march?

Nothing wrong with that. I was planning on that myself. I installed it out of boredom one day. Modding it went so smoothly and it ran so well that I ended up getting re-hooked to the game and have now nearly completed a play-through and refined my mod build along the way.

I'm now happy to have that base established and can gradually add SKSE mods when they become available.

4. many mods are abandonned... modder won't come back to port it to sse... that don't make those mods worthless...

there will be a tes5edit convert plugin for that... easier and faster than looking for a sse version of all your load order...

Value is in the eye of the beholder. Yes. But, I think the point is that the most popular mods are getting ported over quickly and you can make very good builds with just those.

Anyway, happy new year to everyone.

Nobody is criticizing the choice to use either platform. The criticism comes in when it is implied that there is not a substantial technology advantage with SSE. You have not consistently conceded that and that could be confusing to people just now learning about modding.

What more is there to concede? At this point, you're just mincing words. And again, you're using words to describe something that at this point, is very subjective. I don't buy the whole "substantial technology advantage" at all. Why? Because we're talking about a Bethesda game here. And Bethesda has historically never taken full advantage of any potential in anything. And once again, stop ignoring the fact that we're not seeing much difference between Skyrim32's launch and Skyrim64's launch. Both have had very shaky starts, and neither runs as smoothly for everyone as you'd like to imply.

If you really want to be honest with those just coming into the modding scene, then tell it like it really is:

"It's a Bethesda game, and it could go either way. Good luck!"

Which is not what you're doing. The evidence to the contrary is right here in the SSE tech support thread on this forum, and countless others all over the web. So just tell it like it is, and stop ignoring that fact like SSE is the greatest thing since sliced bread.

When you mod Bethesda games, then it really can go either way. Maybe it'll be great. Or maybe it'll be crap. Or maybe, just maybe, it'll be somewhere in between that you can at least be satisfied with. You just have to weigh the options, and carefully consider your hardware's capabilities.

Trykz

Crash Fixes and all memory management DLLs are not needed with SSE, because of DX11 and 64 bit. It's a question of whether or not we get HDT, NiOverride and utilities such as PapyrusUtils and MFGconsole. These aren't nearly as important as SKSE itself, but once we've had them, it's hard not to have them. Some of the better features of my mods rely on them.

Was NiOverride used for RaceMenu? If so, I'm pretty sure that will be available with the new extender. Maybe just with the functions built in.

I believe NiOverride is how RaceMenu did bone stretching/scaling, which is probably why Expired started including it with RaceMenu.  I don't know this for a fact, but it seems logical.

There were node manipulation functions that came with SKSE for Oldrim, but those functions were separate from what came with NiOverride.

What more is there to concede? At this point, you're just mincing words. And again, you're using words to describe something that at this point, is very subjective. I don't buy the whole "substantial technology advantage" at all. Why? Because we're talking about a Bethesda game here. And Bethesda has historically never taken full advantage of any potential in anything. And once again, stop ignoring the fact that we're not seeing much difference between Skyrim32's launch and Skyrim64's launch. Both have had very shaky starts, and neither runs as smoothly for everyone as you'd like to imply.

If you really want to be honest with those just coming into the modding scene, then tell it like it really is:

"It's a Bethesda game, and it could go either way. Good luck!"

Which is not what you're doing. The evidence to the contrary is right here in the SSE tech support thread on this forum, and countless others all over the web. So just tell it like it is, and stop ignoring that fact like SSE is the greatest thing since sliced bread.

When you mod Bethesda games, then it really can go either way. Maybe it'll be great. Or maybe it'll be crap. Or maybe, just maybe, it'll be somewhere in between that you can at least be satisfied with. You just have to weigh the options, and carefully consider your hardware's capabilities.

Trykz

You haven't established it as a fact that we're not seeing much difference between the two. Referencing some anecdotal troubleshooting threads really says nothing. If that is your measurement of fact, it really explains a lot about how you have arrived at your current position.

You don't buy that there is a technology advantage. But, then you claim to have ceded that there is. Make up your mind. And have you tried the games to compare personally?

I have. And the notion that there isn't a huge difference is really laughable.

I'm not sure what motivation you think I would have to promote SSE dishonestly? Do you think that I work for Bethesda or something? I AM telling it like it is, honestly, based on my knowledge of software development, computer processing and direct personal experience.

I encourage anyone reading this, including yourself, to stop guessing and just try for yourself. I am confident that you will be just as pleased as I was with the upgrade, even if you don't want to admit it.

Crash Fixes and all memory management DLLs are not needed with SSE, because of DX11 and 64 bit. It's a question of whether or not we get HDT, NiOverride and utilities such as PapyrusUtils and MFGconsole. These aren't nearly as important as SKSE itself, but once we've had them, it's hard not to have them. Some of the better features of my mods rely on them.

Was NiOverride used for RaceMenu? If so, I'm pretty sure that will be available with the new extender. Maybe just with the functions built in.

I believe NiOverride is how RaceMenu did bone stretching/scaling, which is probably why Expired started including it with RaceMenu.  I don't know this for a fact, but it seems logical.

There were node manipulation functions that came with SKSE for Oldrim, but those functions were separate from what came with NiOverride.

Yeah. I remember messing around with two different sets of node manipulation functions. For legacy compatibility, they will probably need to incorporate both sets of functions again. But, my guess is that they will all be built into the extender rather than as a plugin. Either way, I believe that RaceMenu is one of the main mods they are targeting for conversion. So, we should be good to go with that.

I'm not sure what motivation you think I would have to promote SSE dishonestly? Do you think that I work for Bethesda or something? I AM telling it like it is, honestly, based on my knowledge of software development, computer processing and direct personal experience.

I encourage anyone reading this, including yourself, to stop guessing and just try for yourself. I am confident that you will be just as pleased as I was with the upgrade, even if you don't want to admit it.

you don't have much to say despite your knowledge of software development, computer processing and direct personal experience

if sse is so good, why do you waste your time promoting it here instead of playing it?

that's to get more people to switch to get more stuff done faster (was the same with fallout 4, skyrim, morrowind...)

i am too busy updading sexlab to bother with sse anyway

1701030841488532.jpg

170103084133947162.jpg

wops, above 500

checking what to keep and what to not keep will keep sofia busy some time^^

170103084300225166.jpg

you don't have much to say despite your knowledge of software development, computer processing and direct personal experience

if sse is so good, why do you waste your time promoting it here instead of playing it?

that's to get more people to switch to get more stuff done faster (was the same with fallout 4, skyrim, morrowind...)

i am too busy updading sexlab to bother with sse anyway

I don't have much to say? And here I was thinking that I have already said more than it is worth.

I am happy with the improvement and just want others to have the same experience is all.

I have been playing SSE a lot lately. Not sure why writing some forum posts would suggest otherwise?

I couldn't resist taking SSE for a modded run so I've basically followed the septim guide plus a few STEP mods - 130 odd mods/ 80 esps. Leaving aside that I'm not running the really meaty stuff like HDT and ENB (performance in all presets I tried was hideous), there's a lot to like. Put it this way, I'm seeing graphic fidelity and overall performance that pleases me a ton more than a similarly modded oldrim. 

Unmodded Oldrim was a bitch to get running right on this rig, and I'd had it built especially for it too. I've been through some decent upgrades since then, but my experience of running it has never really been smooth, no matter what I did.

SSE is pretty much buttery smooth right out of the gate by comparison. That strongly suggests to me anyway, that it's going to be a substantially better foundation to build on. For anybody not bothered about the lack of SKSE, HDT, Nioverride etc, I can't see a remotely compelling reason not to make the jump - it's just a nicer experience all round.

In fact, if I cared about oldrim enough I'd seriously contemplate running a dual setup - SSE for general play, Oldrim for sexy time. 

I don't care about SSE one bit. That's NAWT what I want.

Winner of more than 200 Game of the Year Awards, Skyrim Special Edition brings the epic fantasy to life in stunning detail. The Special Edition includes the critically acclaimed game and add-ons with all-new features like remastered art and effects, volumetric god rays, dynamic depth of field, screen-space reflections, and more. Skyrim Special Edition also brings the full power of PC mods to consoles. New quests, environments, characters, dialogue, armor, weapons and more – with Mods, there are no limits to what you can experience.

I'm not asking for a new Morrowind. Just give me some new DLC like Dragonborn, Bethesda. I don't need your "god rays" and other crap.  grateful TES Fan

Heavily modded Oldrim has Sexlab, 0Sex, nicer graphics. But it crashes every 20 minutes, sometimes fails to load saves and its very choppy(framerate is very unstable).

With SE you can actually enjoy the game without dozens of hours tweaking and tinkering. Framerate is a lot smoother, it hasnt crashed on me yet in 130+ hours. Too bad Bethesda didnt fix same old bugs(physics, glitchy water) :/

Heavily modded Oldrim has Sexlab, 0Sex, nicer graphics. But it crashes every 20 minutes, sometimes fails to load saves and its very choppy(framerate is very unstable).

With SE you can actually enjoy the game without dozens of hours tweaking and tinkering. Framerate is a lot smoother, it hasnt crashed on me yet in 130+ hours. Too bad Bethesda didnt fix same old bugs(physics, glitchy water) :/

So you are saying your heavy modded Oldrim is crashing and requires more tinkering than your relatively unmodded SSE... 

Who would have thought?

I myself have noticed that it is more probable for me to fall on the ground and I need to pay more attention to my movements when carrying heavy stuff around compared to when I go around with only my dinner plate in hand. 

Oldrim should not crash every 20 minutes. Every 5-10 hours I can understand if it is really heavily modded. If all the mods are correctly installed Oldrim can run extremely well. It is not fair for users to blame the game for their failure to mod it correctly. And I said earlier here it is not fair and is pointless to compare modded Oldrim and SSE now, when there is no script extender and many many mods are unavailable for SSE.

Also the whole discussion in all the pages is a bit offtopic if you consider that it is on LL - if you want to run (most) of the mods on this site then you have only one choice.

I myself have noticed that it is more probable for me to fall on the ground and I need to pay more attention to my movements when carrying heavy stuff around compared to when I go around with only my dinner plate in hand. 

Nice analogy - for another discussion that doesn't involve modding the Creation Engine. 

I think the answer to this initial question (SSE or SOE [skyrim Original Edition]) comes down to this:

If you are talking VANILLA SSE vs SOE - use SSE.  No reason to use SOE in this case - the SSE expanded memory use (64-bit) will hide most of the inherent problems of Skyrim and it's engine, and the (slight) visual improvements to SSE make it the better choice.  Again, this is for VANILLA SOE vs VANILLA SSE.

However, since most people are on LL because of mods (not necessarily sex mods, but just any mods), the answer can be based on these simple questions:

0)  First, list your "must haves" mods?  Then answer the next questions.

1)  Can you live without bouncing boobs?

2)  Do those "must have" mods require SKSE/MCM?

3)  Do those "must have" mods that require SKSE/MCM have adequate replacements for SSE?  Mods like Better Vampires, Wintermyst, Frostfall, Campfire, etc have SSE versions.

4)  Do those "must have" mods that do NOT require SKSE/MCM have adequate replacements for SSE?

If the answer to 1 is "no", use SOE.  One and done in this case.  Until some version HDT  is available for SSE, the "bouncing" requirement will make SOE the one to use.

If 2 is "yes" and 3 is "yes", use SSE.  (note the highlighted word:  adequate)

If 2 is "yes" and 3 is "no", use SOE

If 2 is "no" and 4 is "yes", use SSE.  (again, note the highlighted word:  adequate)

If 2 is "no" and 4 is "no", use SOE.

For me, until a suitable SKSE64 and MCM replacement are done for SSE, I won't bother with SSE for any long term play.  I may play SSE periodically when other mods get converted, and Acdale has done a new version of the ADEC body which is what I prefer to use, so that's a "plus" for SSE in my case.  Otherwise, I've gotten SOE fairly stable and my "must haves" include SexLab.  So for me, 2="yes" and 3="no", so I use SOE.

NOTE:  I did not take into account ENBs as I never used a full ENB for SOE.  I use ENBBoost for the memory, which would not be needed for SSE.  So for some, there may be a 1.5 question about ENB in SOE vs SSE (1.5 - can you live with the current changes from ENB for SOE vs ENB for SSE), but I won't go into that one.

So you are saying your heavy modded Oldrim is crashing and requires more tinkering than your relatively unmodded SSE...

Who would have thought?

Oldrim should not crash every 20 minutes. Every 5-10 hours I can understand if it is really heavily modded. If all the mods are correctly installed Oldrim can run extremely well. It is not fair for users to blame the game for their failure to mod it correctly. And I said earlier here it is not fair and is pointless to compare modded Oldrim and SSE now, when there is no script extender and many many mods are unavailable for SSE.

Also the whole discussion in all the pages is a bit offtopic if you consider that it is on LL - if you want to run (most) of the mods on this site then you have only one choice.

You will laugh, but unmodded Oldrim did crash quite a lot too and required a lot of tweaking ini files just to look decent. And even without enb and any mods it sometimes drops 20-30fps for no reason. Not the end of the world, but wouldnt call it smooth.

Also, Im not new to modding and know how to install mods properly. I just refuse to create a win7 partition just for Skyrim.

And I said earlier here it is not fair and is pointless to compare modded Oldrim and SSE now, when there is no script extender and many many mods are unavailable for SSE.

I don't agree with this.

Script extenders are not needed to make script-heavy mods. SE already does have several script-heavy mods on the first page of the top files list.

It is perfectly valid to compare their performance with scripted and non-scripted mods.

I don't agree with this.

Script extenders are not needed to make script-heavy mods. SE already does have several script-heavy mods on the first page of the top files list.

It is perfectly valid to compare their performance with scripted and non-scripted mods.

nope it's not valid to compare apples to bananas

not sure what you call script heavy mods anyway, it's not the size or the number of scripts that have an impact on performance

if you use sic, when a creature spawn, it's given active effect x or perk x, that have a lot of effects

effect 1 is load if difficulty is 0, effect 2 is load if difficulty is 1, effect 3 is...

scripts have the same stuff, performance impact is... a joke (game run that in what? 0.000000x seconds?)

what have an impact on performance, it's to have 3 falmers with variant textures, instead of 3 falmers that use the same texture

to have 3 more bandits to spawns, because it's unlikely they will have the same armors as the ones already there

to load a breath effect in front of mouth of npc because weather x is load

to run some broken scripts here and there, that take 0.0000x seconds to try to do something it can't do, so it take 0.00000x seconds again, and again, and again.... until the cpu is so busy with that there's not enought left for the rest, that don't happen because of the number of scripts or their size, but because they are broken, script from mod a don't work with edit from mod b

not sure what you call script heavy mods anyway

Well, you gave a few examples and I pointed out that those mods are already available in SE.

it's not the size or the number of scripts that have an impact on performance

Which supports my point. A script extender is not needed for SE to utilize scripts that can bog the game down.

In fact, the extender makes some mods more efficient. Not less.

For me, SE runs significantly smoother that Oldrim. I run quite a few mods, 140 or so, and Oldrim was always choppy and I would CTD regularly. In SE I haven't CTD once and the game runs lostly like a top, with a few small exceptions. I have a pretty good rig either way. Also, SE looks so much better than Oldrim. Once all my favorite mods get converted (and a lot already have), SE will be far better than Oldrim in every way.

Archived