Skyrim Special Edition or original Skyrim?

lambient1988

i was under the impression most of the big mods haven't been shifted over since SKSE was still inoperable for S:SE. I suppose at that point, we will see if there's a boom in mods (i think we are at the 2 month mark now). i personally have still only loaded S:SE up once and not once for the creation kit yet still.....just feels like I've already done this before, why would i do this again?

Some people are recoding around SKSE for the SSE versions, either dropping some minor features, or the SKSE code they had was so they can have an MCM.  Enai has recoded a lot of his mods (ordinator, summermyst, aurora, etc) for SSE.   Better Vampires was released for SSE, removing he MCM options (replaced with a spell to cast to set some values) and removing a couple of features that could not be coded around SKSE.  Chesko's big mods (Frostfall/Camping) have been converted to SSE.  Frankly, a lot of the mods that are waiting on SKSE can be coded around (possibly) and it's really the heavily MCM reliant mods (like SexLab) that are going to have the more difficult time.  Because even with an SKSE, doesn't mean that MCM will be converted to SSE.  Can you imaging SexLab without the MCM?

Figured I'd weigh in on this since I decided to see how the SSE modding was going...

I don't think we'll see a huge influx of new mods, and a lot of mods won't be ported from Original Skyrim.  This is simply because it's an old game now.  All the people who were excited about it did what they did many years ago, and most likely moved on or don't want to bother converting something because 'a new version' came out that made something not work.  The magic is up and over now, and that's ok. :)

I think there will be another big modder push when the next real version of Elder Scrolls comes out (and is moddable).

On the first point I'm inclined to agree. Skyrim is old by gamer standards and there are several mods still in widespread use that have been abandoned by their authors either because of a lack of interest and/or time or because there was no real reason to update them. It remains doubtful that SSE will materialize the flood of new mods that players--and likely Bethesda--are hoping for simply because the game is old hat, new engine or no.

On the second point I'm not so sure. I'll not go into why because that's a subject for a different thread.

If not for the whole permissions issue there would be a flood of stuff getting ported by people. So many mods won't be ported because the author's have moved on.

If people could convert a file to SSE anonymously on nexus and it shows as an extra file under the normal files as "SSE converted version - No User Support" and "This was a user made conversion of ____'s mod"; you would think people would be okay with it- but nope.

What is there to not like about having the same thing but running better on the same machines? Once the new SKSE comes out, I doubt many modders will bother with oldrim any more.

What's TO like at this point in time, really?

I mean, I get that it runs great, and has a good number of mods available for it at present. However, it doesn't have the mods I use to make Skyrim a truly rugged and dangerous world. Like Ely's Uncapper, enslavement mods, and various others that make Skyrim the world that many feel it "should" have been right from the start.

And I doubt the assumption that many modders will not continue modding the original holds much ground in reality. Truth is, it's HIGHLY unlikely that the SKSE that's offered for SE will function identically. Meaning a LOT of work will need to be done for the more script heavy mods currently available. Unless it's at least extremely similar, I doubt many of the biggest and most popular mods will be ported over by their original authors. Fact is, these authors have already invested massive chunks of time and effort. So we'll have to wait and see if they really want to repeat that, or if they're willing to pass the torch onto someone else who wants to invest the time and effort.

That said, I hope they do. But unfortunately for me, SE isn't quite there yet. I'm reasonably sure it'll get there, but at the moment, only time will tell.

We'll see.....

Trykz

Didn't you answer your own question? "What is TO like?" "Runs great and has a good number of mods available". The bar for a lot of other people liking it isn't whether or not the mods you like are available yet.

The stated goal from the SKSE team is to have as close to 1:1 compatibility with the original function set of SKSE as possible for the new extender.

The source code for many of the other key dll mods is available. And many of them are not big, complex pieces of code. It will take a fraction of the time it took to build them from scratch for the original author or someone else to update them and republish for 64bit.

The new SKSE is being worked on for it. As soon as that is out, the majority of oldrim mods will be able to be ported over.

if they get skse to work with sse, you will have to wait for a lot of other things to be work on (if someone do it)

161226072203882454.jpg

have fun waiting^^

A. Why would I have to wait for all of the mods you use? In fact, it runs so much better with mods than oldrim that I have enjoyed re-playing it for the first time in years. I had uninstalled the game and written it off honestly. SSE is the only reason I've given it another shot.

B. Many of those plugins are esoteric and not needed for many mods. Others are simple with source code available as noted above. Updating those scripts to 64bit isn't really a monumental task.

Crash Fixes and all memory management DLLs are not needed with SSE, because of DX11 and 64 bit. It's a question of whether or not we get HDT, NiOverride and utilities such as PapyrusUtils and MFGconsole. These aren't nearly as important as SKSE itself, but once we've had them, it's hard not to have them. Some of the better features of my mods rely on them.

Was NiOverride used for RaceMenu? If so, I'm pretty sure that will be available with the new extender. Maybe just with the functions built in.

That was my original point. The compiled old scripts work in the new game. The papyrus engine is the same. I guess the game itself can handle it better and give it more space to operate, but when it comes to limitations and problems within the scripting engine they will be the same. 

I'm in no way denying that SSE will perform better than Oldrim, my point was that people need to continue to be careful as always when installing script heavy mods. 

The fact that Oldrim compiled scripts run in the new game doesn't mean they won't run better.  This becomes pretty evident the first time you use a cheat to get all the materials necessary to build a Hearthfires home and go from workbench to workbench, using the <enter> and <Y> keys to race through adding all the furniture items.  The items appear at a faster rate and that's all scripting, a bunch of enable() function calls.  You'll see it when you start playing SSE.  The game is faster at everything.

It is my belief that heavily scripted mods harm only one thing, your ability to uninstall them and continue the same play-through.  Poorly scripted mods can harm almost anything.  But, heavily does not equate to poorly.  The game itself and all its DLCs are extremely heavily scripted.

I think we agree on the fact that the script engine is the same but it is used better in SSE and performs better. But I still think it is the weakest link in the chain and only time will show - after the new script extender is out.

The topic about "poorly scripted" mods is very important, but I rarely see it been discussed in a serious way. I haven't seen many discussions or tutorials about the "best practices". In fact I can recall only one - a discussion about the "best practices" part of the CK tutorial and it mostly focuses on low level coding considerations. 

It seems quite impossible to discuss the best ways to build more complex structures. I guess every mod author has their own understanding on how to write good code that comes from their previous experience with whatever language they are usually working with. Including their preferences about beautiful/elegant vs effective codding and their understanding in what is the best way to organize the code. 

In most programming languages there is the assumption that the computing power is cheap and expendable and the ideas for a "good code" rely on that. This is not the case with the papyrus scripts. And in addition the mods are just plugins that are supposed to work withing a system with other mods. This opens additional questions on how to isolate your changes in a way to not conflict with other mods but also not cause too much overhead. Topics like this are (almost) never discussed in a cool-headed factual way. 

Papyrus just isn't on the same level as "serious" languages that have gone through extensive planning, documenting, testing, etc. It's a build-functions-as-we-need-them hack of a language to help delegate to a team of quest builders for a handful of games. In my opinion, the "best practices" guide is the way that it was used by Bethesda. Which is very sparsely in short snippets. Not huge systems.

It's pretty cool that they opened it up for all of us to play with. But, I realized pretty quickly that it was always going to be a quagmire of uncertain conflicts, poor documentation and confounding limitations. After working with other languages, I just couldn't deal with it.

The solution I preferred was, with the script extender giving access to ScaleForm, you can just use Actionscript to do almost all of your coding and only rely on Papyrus for the bare minimum. That approach made a huge performance difference for 0Sex. If you were to try to translate what 0Sex does now into Papyrus, I'm not sure if it could be made to run.

I think more modders should look into that model. I guarantee that they would not regret it just in terms of how much better AS is to work with than Papyrus.

Figured I'd weigh in on this since I decided to see how the SSE modding was going...

I don't think we'll see a huge influx of new mods, and a lot of mods won't be ported from Original Skyrim.  This is simply because it's an old game now.  All the people who were excited about it did what they did many years ago, and most likely moved on or don't want to bother converting something because 'a new version' came out that made something not work.  The magic is up and over now, and that's ok. :)

I think there will be another big modder push when the next real version of Elder Scrolls comes out (and is moddable).

I'm sure that some mods will be left behind in the 90s.

But, we're already seeing a ton of "I got permission from the original author to port" mods. So, if the extender does use the same function set as SKSE, it should end up being pretty easy to port most mods over.

A. Why would I have to wait for all of the mods you use? In fact, it runs so much better with mods than oldrim that I have enjoyed re-playing it for the first time in years. I had uninstalled the game and written it off honestly. SSE is the only reason I've given it another shot.

B. Many of those plugins are esoteric and not needed for many mods. Others are simple with source code available as noted above. Updating those scripts to 64bit isn't really a monumental task.

a. many are waiting for the mods they use (they don't give a shit about the mods i use, like i don't give a shit about the mods you use)

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/68753-poll-whos-playing-and-whos-waiting-pc-version/

didn't switch to win8, don't have the limited to 4go problem, can live without 64 bits

only thing that could interest me in sse is how it handle cpu, 30% more performance, that could maybe justify the troubles of converting a load order in 2018 with the tes5edit convert plugin (doing that manually? too time consuming)

b. i'll let you take care of that no monumental task if some of those mods need an update then

a. many are waiting for the mods they use (they don't give a shit about the mods i use, like i don't give a shit about the mods you use)

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/68753-poll-whos-playing-and-whos-waiting-pc-version/

didn't switch to win8, don't have the limited to 4go problem, can live without 64 bits

only thing that could interest me in sse is how it handle cpu, 30% more performance, that could maybe justify the troubles of converting a load order in 2018 with the tes5edit convert plugin (doing that manually? too time consuming)

b. i'll let you take care of that no monumental task if some of those mods need an update then

A. The poll in your link counts 1000 people waiting. Meanwhile, USSEP has been downloaded over 672,000 times.

B. I doubt it will be necessary for me to do that given the massive interest in SSE that already exists.

I also started out skeptical about SSE (ask Migal). But, I was surprised by how much of an improvement it is when I tried it.

I also started out skeptical about SSE (ask Migal). But, I was surprised by how much of an improvement it is when I tried it.

you are comparing apples to banana

if i load vanilla skyrim, i have those 60 fps some care so much about

that won't make me play vanilla skyrim

take a closer look at npc mods if you care about performance, and don't forget grass mods, or trees

before

161230074203258737.jpg

after

161230064556441889.jpg

performance cost : -60%

161230064937488687.jpg

no wonder that was too much for my gtx 570 1280 mo before i optimise npc mods...

Didn't you answer your own question? "What is TO like?" "Runs great and has a good number of mods available". The bar for a lot of other people liking it isn't whether or not the mods you like are available yet.

No. You're comparing SSE to 32bit based on what are essentially vanilla benchmarks. With all that's available for 32bit Skyrim, it's simply too soon for you to be making the assumption that 64bit will be superior under the same conditions. Because you cannot possibly know how it will run with 200+ mods in the Data folder. Looking at the number of tech issue posts here and elsewhere, I'm not seeing much of a difference between now and what we saw 5 years ago with original Skyrim.

In any event, at this point I'm reasonably certain that vanilla 32bit Skyrim can look and run every bit as nice and well as 64bit with nothing more than a nice ENB. That said, the available mods are all that's left for comparison. So until we arrive at a suitable comparison point, there's simply no legitimate benchmark for comparison to assume that one or the other is "better".

The OP asked: SSE or original? So the ONLY legitimate answer is "it's your choice based on what you want the game to do". SKSE and sex mods? Then original it is. Vanilla gameplay with a few mods and good performance/stability? The go with SSE.

Until they can be compared side by side under equally demanding conditions, then there's really no "right" answer to the OP's question, other than "it's a matter of your own personal preference".

Trykz

you are comparing apples to banana

if i load vanilla skyrim, i have those 60 fps some care so much about

that won't make me play vanilla skyrim

take a closer look at npc mods if you care about performance, and don't forget grass mods, or trees

I'm not talking about vanilla SSE. I'm talking about SSE also loaded up with mods and ENB. Notice that many of the top mods available for SSE are simple ports.

No. You're comparing SSE to 32bit based on what are essentially vanilla benchmarks. With all that's available for 32bit Skyrim, it's simply too soon for you to be making the assumption that 64bit will be superior under the same conditions. Because you cannot possibly know how it will run with 200+ mods in the Data folder. Looking at the number of tech issue posts here and elsewhere, I'm not seeing much of a difference between now and what we saw 5 years ago with original Skyrim.

I'm not comparing vanilla benchmarks. I'm comparing how it runs WITH a bunch of heavy mods and ENB. Again, mostly the same mods ported over.

I've done enough modding in Skyrim to know that it is not too early to conclude that SSE offers a major improvement over the vanilla base assets, performance and stability.

Nobody has claimed that it is unbreakable. Just far and away more durable than old Skyrim.

In any event, at this point I'm reasonably certain that vanilla 32bit Skyrim can look and run every bit as nice and well as 64bit with nothing more than a nice ENB. That said, the available mods are all that's left for comparison. So until we arrive at a suitable comparison point, there's simply no legitimate benchmark for comparison to assume that one or the other is "better".

I can tell you with 100% certainty that you are mistaken on this point.

Unless you were on a machine with old hardware, the only way 32Bit Skyrim can run as well as 64Bit Skyrim with the same mods is via a better machine.

The OP asked: SSE or original? So the ONLY legitimate answer is "it's your choice based on what you want the game to do". SKSE and sex mods? Then original it is. Vanilla gameplay with a few mods and good performance/stability? The go with SSE.

Until they can be compared side by side under equally demanding conditions, then there's really no "right" answer to the OP's question, other than "it's a matter of your own personal preference".

It's true that if you want SKSE and sex mods, for now, you will need to stick with oldrim. And that is of course a perfectly valid decision to make.

However, there is nothing "right" about claiming that oldrim does or will run just as well.

I'm not comparing vanilla benchmarks. I'm comparing how it runs WITH a bunch of heavy mods and ENB. Again, mostly the same mods ported over.

I've done enough modding in Skyrim to know that it is not too early to conclude that SSE offers a major improvement over the vanilla base assets, performance and stability.

Nobody has claimed that it is unbreakable. Just far and away more durable than old Skyrim.

I can tell you with 100% certainty that you are mistaken on this point.

Unless you were on a machine with old hardware, the only way 32Bit Skyrim can run as well as 64Bit Skyrim with the same mods is via a better machine.

It's true that if you want SKSE and sex mods, for now, you will need to stick with oldrim. And that is of course a perfectly valid decision to make.

However, there is nothing "right" about claiming that oldrim does or will run just as well.

There's nothing "wrong" with it either. Especially if it's true. And for me, it is. Simple as that.

"Heavy mods"? Like what? LAL or somesuch? Texture packs? You're not comparing anything truly "heavy" until you're comparing SexLab, it's offspring and all their dependants, and countless other script heavy mods that truly tax Skyrim's engine for everything it's worth. I run "oldrim", as you call it, perfectly fine with 211 mods, of which 20+ are SexLab mods, every hair mod in existence, 25+ custom races (most of which I built myself), RaceMenu, and a plethora of basic stuff such as armor packs, worldspaces, player houses, and other odds and ends + ENB with nearly ZERO crashing issues at a steady 60fps on my Win10/64 I5 - GTX960 - 16GB rig. The game looks phenomenal (on Ultra settings), and runs smooth as glass. And that's what my reply to the OP, and subsequently my comment you quoted above, was based on.

I have no doubt that SSE will run better out of the box. However, how it runs with everything else, which is not yet all available for SSE, remains to be seen. Once I have a better sample of mods to test with, SSE will get it's fair shot. If I feel it's legitimately better, I'll gleefully say so. But if it's utter ass, I'll say that too.

But again, for now, it's all personal preference, and down to what you want from the game.

And I'll say this again: at this point, we're not seeing much of a difference between now and 5 years ago. People are still having issues with crashing and general stability, texture and mesh issues, and a whole host of other issues historically inherent to Bethesda games. So again, what exactly is "to like" apart from a matter of personal preference?

Trykz

I'm not talking about vanilla SSE. I'm talking about SSE also loaded up with mods and ENB. Notice that many of the top mods available for SSE are simple ports.

loading skyrim with 100 armors mods, 50 npc mods and a dozen climate/weather/smim whatever mods

it's not the same as loading skyrim with a dozen mods like enhanced blood, requiem, wet&cold, sexlab...

a lot of those mods need skse so you can't have them (or the stuff that need skse to work)

i use bodychange (don't like custom races), have mess with it to put doa, citrus, some v4 and v6 in those folders, without skse it's bye bye bodychange

it would take a few hours to switch to custom races, for an inferior system (having to showracemenu to switch to wet texture, glossy nif, wound texture...)

the dance mod i didn't keep? you need mcm to pick stuff there (i am still with the one with spells, mostly use that thing to compare animations)

it's also bye bye sexlab, many are using it here no?

what about requiem? have mess a lot with that mod, but don't know if it need skse

does the java thing work with sse esp?

it's when i saw negative resistance in the stat menu i found out stack dumps were a real problem

also find out some mods that mess with stats don't put it back to normal when they are done

does autohaverst or autostorage work with sse? it would be a waste to lose that

I think it depends how much play time you have with oldrim and how attached you are to SKSE mods. 

Personally, after 4 years of modding it,  I deleted everything Skyrim a couple of weeks ago because I just couldn't summon the enthusiasm to deal with the issues anymore, I've played the game in every conceivable way I can think of. I may return to SSE if SKSE beta releases in March and talented folks get around to porting over stuff like HDT soon after. If not, I probably won't. 

On the plus side, if I live long enough to see TES6, there's a pretty good chance it will fully  support VR natively. Now that's something to daydream over. 

i use bodychange (don't like custom races), have mess with it to put doa, citrus, some v4 and v6 in those folders, without skse it's bye bye bodychange

it would take a few hours to switch to custom races, for an inferior system (having to showracemenu to switch to wet texture, glossy nif, wound texture...)

Offtopic, Unique Character gives the PC a custom body. My Breton PC is a body and outfits generated in BodySlide.

Ontopic, as others have said, it depends on what you want to get from your game. I am greatly enjoying the stability of SE for now. I do miss the adult mods, but not enough (yet) to want to go through the major effort of sorting out the mess that is my Oldrim installation. I tried that a few times, but it was always back to SE so I could just play.

Offtopic, Unique Character gives the PC a custom body. My Breton PC is a body and outfits generated in BodySlide.

another one that know better than me what i should use?

if i feel like wearing an outfit not converted to the body i use, i just switch to that body, you can't do that with unique character

161231030016224350.jpg

161231030029797059.jpg

161231030039576432.jpg

something else you can't do, some outfits already have a helm, some clip with ring or amulet..., gave sbp ring, amulet and helm to body armor

can switch to body without those sbp if i want them to load

161231030029170011.jpg

and you can't unique character npc

161231032318208129.jpg

161231032309362719.jpg

there can be some fails

161231032301204385.jpg

sofia isn't supposed to be able to wear blacklotus with that dress

161231025941700341.jpg

it's an armor or a dress, not both (didn't bother with an unequip because skyrim isn't supposed to be able to load 2 sbp 49)

161231025957212574.jpg

loading skyrim with 100 armors mods, 50 npc mods and a dozen climate/weather/smim whatever mods

it's not the same as loading skyrim with a dozen mods like enhanced blood, requiem, wet&cold, sexlab...

a lot of those mods need skse so you can't have them (or the stuff that need skse to work)

That only makes sense if you play Skyrim with script mods and no non-script mods. Does anyone actually do that?

Also, it's not true that only SKSE reliant script mods are taxing. In fact, I would argue that most crashes and bogging down caused by scripts happened without any help from some SKSE plugin. And that is all already available in SSE. There already is a version of Enhanced Blood, Wet & Cold, Footprints, Open Cities, etc.

There's nothing "wrong" with it either. Especially if it's true. And for me, it is. Simple as that.

There is definitely something wrong with it because it is not true and claiming otherwise publicly is to spread bad information for people trying to make decisions.

"Heavy mods"? Like what? LAL or somesuch? Texture packs? You're not comparing anything truly "heavy" until you're comparing SexLab, it's offspring and all their dependants, and countless other script heavy mods that truly tax Skyrim's engine for everything it's worth. I run "oldrim", as you call it, perfectly fine with 211 mods, of which 20+ are SexLab mods, every hair mod in existence, 25+ custom races (most of which I built myself), RaceMenu, and a plethora of basic stuff such as armor packs, worldspaces, player houses, and other odds and ends + ENB with nearly ZERO crashing issues at a steady 60fps on my Win10/64 I5 - GTX960 - 16GB rig. The game looks phenomenal (on Ultra settings), and runs smooth as glass. And that's what my reply to the OP, and subsequently my comment you quoted above, was based on.

I have done a lot of modding. Textures and mesh upgrades along with aggressive ENB will slow a system a lot more reliably than script mods. To not call such a set-up "heavy" doesn't make any sense. It will slow even a Titan X machine. And it will do so on oldrim MORE than on SSE.

"perfectly fine" is a relative term. You may be fine with 10 FPS and enjoy taking screenshots. I'm pretty sure that most people want to mod while keeping the best FPS they can get.

I have no doubt that SSE will run better out of the box. However, how it runs with everything else, which is not yet all available for SSE, remains to be seen. Once I have a better sample of mods to test with, SSE will get it's fair shot. If I feel it's legitimately better, I'll gleefully say so. But if it's utter ass, I'll say that too.

It already outperforms oldrim by a large margin with mods that will undoubtedly be used alongside script mods. Are you saying that somehow SSE will run the script mods worse and somehow balance out that edge? That's just not how computer processing works. The edge we see with the current mods will always be an advantage toward handling whatever other load we stack on top of it with the same engine/hardware.

And I'll say this again: at this point, we're not seeing much of a difference between now and 5 years ago. People are still having issues with crashing and general stability, texture and mesh issues, and a whole host of other issues historically inherent to Bethesda games. So again, what exactly is "to like" apart from a matter of personal preference?

I don't know what "we" you are referring to. I can speak from direct personal experience with both.

While a stable build in oldrim could be reached, it required way more time, effort and headaches. SSE, modded to the hilt, required very little of that. Of course it can still be crashed and overloaded. But, it's a proportional difference. And it's not even close.

Also, it's not true that only SKSE reliant script mods are taxing. In fact, I would argue that most crashes and bogging down caused by scripts happened without any help from some SKSE plugin. And that is all already available in SSE. There already is a version of Enhanced Blood, Wet & Cold, Footprints, Open Cities, etc.

did i said something about scripts?

obis make the game pick bandits from x leveled lists instead of y (x is bigger than y), more stuff to do for your cpu, less performance friendly

perks of sic check options of the mcm menu to give -50%, - 25%, +25%, -50%.....

requiem give more random gear to guards, that may or may not be tempered, a health regen to trolls neutralised by fire damage, requiem mess with a lot of things, but a few of them are more performance friendly than vanilla, since reduced damage for low level -> bye bye

it's that kind of stuff i was talking about

as for scripts... the worse ones are the civil war scripts, unless you have broken scripts

Utterly fanatic about disliking SSE.. regardless of not using SSE.. if you played SSE with loads of mods you would see and feel the difference and how vacuous the arguments you throw against it really are. But.. with the logic of having no personal experience you still feel qualified to comment on every post comparing the two. Oh well, enjoy your 'perfect' oldrim.. lolz

Utterly fanatic about disliking SSE.. regardless of not using SSE.. if you played SSE with loads of mods you would see and feel the difference and how vacuous the arguments you throw against it really are. But.. with the logic of having no personal experience you still feel qualified to comment on every post comparing the two. Oh well, enjoy your 'perfect' oldrim.. lolz

utterly fanatic about liking sse... blabla blabla blabla

Whole reason why i am not plan to play SE anytime soon is that iam too lazy to move my mods and my character to SE. Too many custom assets and mods dependent on SKSE/RM

Its not really worth the hassle to waste my free weekend just to experience a quick loading bars and proto-enb, a properly optimized Oldrim works fine. At least in my case because all I do are just screenshots.

One day maybe, maybe.

did i said something about scripts?

obis make the game pick bandits from x leveled lists instead of y (x is bigger than y), more stuff to do for your cpu, less performance friendly

perks of sic check options of the mcm menu to give -50%, - 25%, +25%, -50%.....

requiem give more random gear to guards, that may or may not be tempered, a health regen to trolls neutralised by fire damage, requiem mess with a lot of things, but a few of them are more performance friendly than vanilla, since reduced damage for low level -> bye bye

it's that kind of stuff i was talking about

as for scripts... the worse ones are the civil war scripts, unless you have broken scripts

If not for SKSE dependent scripts, what is it that you think SSE can't already do?

SSE allows changing leveled lists.

OBIS is already ported to it. http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/4145/?

OBIS is in the SSE build I am using. And it runs better than it did in oldrim!

This is starting to feel like reading the book Green Eggs and Ham. :D

Few questions,

1. Which one is better for modding?

2. Will it ever receive the modding support Skyrim received?

3. Does SE have all the DLCs included in it?

4. After SKSE is out, will original Skyrim's mods work with the Special Edition?

5. Apart from retextures, are there any storyline or dialogue or any other differences in both the games?

There is definitely something wrong with it because it is not true and claiming otherwise publicly is to spread bad information for people trying to make decisions.

Again, No. There isn't. Re-read the OP's post, and perhaps you'll understand better what is being discussed here:

Question 1: which is better for modding?

Question 2: will it ever receive the modding support Skyrim received?

Question 3: does SE have all the DLCs included in it?

Question 4: after SKSE is out, will original Skyrim's mods work with the Special Edition?

Question 5: apart from retextures, are there any storyline or dialogue or any other differences in both games?

NONE of these questions are based on whether or not SSE is the more stable version of Skyrim. In fact, 3 of the 5 questions specifically reference mods and clearly questions the comparable moddability of both versions as a factor in deciding which to use. The mention of SKSE clearly points to an interest in some of the more "complex" mods. Your points are all from a single perspective: stability. A perspective the OP didn't even reference. And a subjective one at that. We get it. You're in love with SSE for it's stability above ALL else. Well, not all of us feel the same as you, and we expect more from our Skyrim install. Things that SSE simply cannot provide for us at this time. So lets answer the OP's questions based on what he actually asked:

1) Better for modding? Original Skyrim, hands down. But depending on what you want the game to do.

2) Mod support? Unknown at this time. Far too many variables to consider to make a realistic assumption. So again, Original Skyrim.

3) All DLCs? Yes, so on that point either works. Again, depending on what you want the game to do.

4) SKSE? Original Skyrim again. Unless you want to hold off for SKSE64 for SSE, and hopefully the mods you're interested get ported over.

5) Content difference? They're identical. So once again, it's up to what you want the game to do.

Those 5 answers clearly point to original Skyrim being the choice for the OP "IF" he doesn't want to wait, and "IF" he wants the game to do things SSE simply cannot do at this time.

As others have already stated, a proper Skyrim32 setup can look and run equally as well as Skyrim64. Mine certainly does.....

Trykz

Whole reason why i am not plan to play SE anytime soon is that iam too lazy to move my mods and my character to SE. Too many custom assets and mods dependent on SKSE/RM

Its not really worth the hassle to waste my free weekend just to experience a quick loading bars and proto-enb, a properly optimized Oldrim works fine. At least in my case because all I do are just screenshots.

One day maybe, maybe.

Completely reasonable and honest!

At least, when/if you do get around to moving over, you'll find that putting together a stable build is faster and easier than before.

Again, No. There isn't. Re-read the OP's post, and perhaps you'll understand better what is being discussed here:

That comment wasn't addressing the OP's questions. It was addressing your implication that it isn't clear whether or not there is a performance/stability improvement with SSE.

There is. And it does not serve well the OP or anyone else reading this thread to suggest otherwise.

NONE of these questions are based on whether or not SSE is the more stable version of Skyrim. In fact, 3 of the 5 questions specifically reference mods and clearly questions the comparable moddability of both versions as a factor in deciding which to use. The mention of SKSE clearly points to an interest in some of the more "complex" mods. Your points are all from a single perspective: stability. A perspective the OP didn't even reference. And a subjective one at that. We get it. You're in love with SSE for it's stability above ALL else. Well, not all of us feel the same as you, and we expect more from our Skyrim install. Things that SSE simply cannot provide for us at this time. 

I'm sorry. How does "which is better for modding?" not include stability?

The reality is that getting oldrim to work well with more than 100 mods is a pain that takes time away from simply enjoying the game. SSE dramatically shortens the time you spend digging through forums for answers and turning mods off and on and re-starting your game.

Will it receive the same support? How does "you don't know" mean that oldrim is the way to go? It just means that the answer is that it's not really known. That said, mods are being ported over and created for it at a very fast clip.

On SKSE, you don't even answer his question. He didn't ask which one has SKSE. He appears to already know that. He wants to know if oldrim mods dependent on SKSE will work on SE eventually. The authors of SKSE have stated that it is their goal to make oldrim mods that need SKSE to work with minimal-to-no updating. So, the answer is not "Original Skyrim again". It is "Most likely, yes. People are working on that right now."

As others have already stated, a proper Skyrim32 setup can look and run equally as well as Skyrim64. Mine certainly does.....

Unless your definition of "proper" is a build that uses lighter weight mods, then no. Your statement is not true. You run the same mods in SE and it will run better.

Anyone confused about this shouldn't be debating versions of a video game but googling information about what 32bit versus 64bit means.

another one that know better than me what i should use?

Well that felt like a very hostile reaction to what was meant as a friendly suggestion.

May 2017 be less edgy to all people of good will.

Archived