Skyrim Special Edition or original Skyrim?

lambient1988

Skyrim is a problematic game, but I can game for countless hours. The issue with Skyrim for me is that it cripples modding the hell out of the game you want. it's varied and limited. It doesn't feel limitless. I can't expect 50 scripted mods I want for a certain play through to ever work because it's unrealistic. Not going to happen. So you have to choose and keep scripted mods limited. It's not fun and certainly took out the freedom in modding a game. And it certainly makes it less interesting when you have a certain setup that works and there is a really cool mod you want to use but may or may not fuck up your setup. But if you are lucky, because getting it to work for myself has been unpredictably lucky in many many occasions, odds are you are better off sticking with that setup and playing it very very careful. Otherwise it's back to the beginning.

Mod Organizer is a great mod manager, but it doesn't shield anyone from getting instability.

64bit version came out very late. Something I always felt should of been done from the start, not 5 years later. The 64bit doesn't matter to me much as is. If people want to enjoy it, it's up to them. I rather invest my time on Skyrim, or some other game that's fresh in modding to me. To jump to SSE just to take more screenshots of my character with a dumb down version of ENB, no thanks. No point making the jump. If I wanted to play the game all the way through, simple solution is not to install any mods except the unofficial patches and other patches and bug fixes just to get the game stable and play the whole game and DLCs. But I've already done that with mods.

Have you tried it?  I have almost 300 mods installed in SE and in over 300 hours played I have yet to see a single crash except during initial mod testing.  IMO, modded SE is already better than modded oldrim even if SKSE64 is never released and ENB is never developed any further for SE.  Oldrim crashed several times a day for me with half as many mods and eventually always became completely corrupted and unplayable.  After over 2000 hours played I've never actually finished the game because it always got corrupted before I reached that point.

I was talking about the instability with Skyrim, not SSE. I've never played SSE. I'm not all that excited about it anyways. I guess because it's the same game on a different engine. And because I know not all the mods I appreciate on Skyrim will be ported over. I can live with Skyrim as is with what I can do with it.

I'm more interested in TES6 and what will become of it. If it will be a voiced protagonist like Fallout 4 and ruin the TES franchise, or will BSG have learned from FO4 and keep the protagonist silent and not force us down with a back story that is not appealing to the RPG'er. And if the dialogue will remain the same as before.

I was talking about the instability with Skyrim, not SSE. I've never played SSE. I'm not all that excited about it anyways. I guess because it's the same game on a different engine. And because I know not all the mods I appreciate on Skyrim will be ported over. I can live with Skyrim as is with what I can do with it.

I'm more interested in TES6 and what will become of it. If it will be a voiced protagonist like Fallout 4 and ruin the TES franchise, or will BSG have learned from FO4 and keep the protagonist silent and not force us down with a back story that is not appealing to the RPG'er. And if the dialogue will remain the same as before.

So far there is no clear indication whenever TES6 is being worked on. The only official word from Bethesda is "we simply said we would make it eventually" (Pete Hines).  I don't think there is a point in speculating what is it going to look like, how is it going to function etc. 

Archived