Are you planning to add any elf presets?  If I remember right, it didn't have any the last time I checked it out and I usually play an elf.

If you play as an elf then you should probably use Ethereal Elven Overhaul.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

How do you know what happened? :P I've reinstated it now, normal service has resumed, etc. And the mod was still available here at all times.

Oh I apologies, I quickly assumed that :(

I saw your comment on someone's preset mod in nexus, that happened to previously edited YOUR preset then published it as his/her own without crediting you. That person edited his post in nexus as below:

"I had my preset originally based upon one of R246 presets from his mod. I took his first preset and changed a few slider values after that. His first Breton race preset also used a non-vanilla nose and cheeks that was included in his mod. R246 decided to remove his mods from the nexus which made my preset not look right because the nose it was referencing was missing. So I switched the closest approximated vanilla nose instead. Hence the revision number on this mod. The nose and cheeks were pulled from ECE (Enhanced Character Edit) and I may look into doing something similar."

That person deleted your comment, I don't know if that was under your acknowledgement. And thus the reason why I thought you removed your preset mod.

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I have used your presets to make a lot of PCs (thanks, I really like the looks). Yesterday, I decided to try to move to ECE, so I followed your instructions and completely uninstalled the version of your presets I was using (1.5.1). Of course, what then happened was that the faces of all my PCs using your presets (a lot of them) changed -- big ugly noses and different mouths. Reinstalling the mod restored them to their normal beauty.

My question is, if I uninstall your mod and then put your tri files back into the character assets folder, will that mess up ECE when I install it?

Thanks

6 hours ago, shizoozy said:

My question is, if I uninstall your mod and then put your tri files back into the character assets folder, will that mess up ECE when I install it?

It'll totally mess with ECE I'm afraid. It'll actually complain about the TRI being outdated. I posted some CME slot saves of the presets on my Nexus R246 FP page. Or somewhere on LL there's a link to Nisetanaka's CME slots.

You can use RM64 Alpha and R246 FP, but any .jslots you save will be tied to old ECE TRI to work (you can disable R246 Female Presets.esp after you saved any faces you want).

Edited by R246

Thanks for this. I guess I'll have to learn how to export and import faces. I notice that a couple of followers I made from my PCs keep their faces even if R246FP is removed so presumably generating .npc files from the current faces would be a good starting point. Hmmm... more research. I do find that having only recently 'discovered' modding, I am spending a lot more time finding out how to change the game than I am playing it.

3 hours ago, shizoozy said:

Thanks for this. I guess I'll have to learn how to export and import faces. I notice that a couple of followers I made from my PCs keep their faces even if R246FP is removed so presumably generating .npc files from the current faces would be a good starting point. Hmmm... more research. I do find that having only recently 'discovered' modding, I am spending a lot more time finding out how to change the game than I am playing it.

I don't think generating .npc exports is of much benefit, unless you intend to add presets to R246 Female Presets.esp. Ultimately you want to get away from plugin based presets and use a flexible system like RM or ECE which allow dynamic loading and saving of presets in their respective .jslot and CME slot presets.

Ningheim Race with RM gives a custom race that has access to ECE morphs in RM. You could save R246 presets using RM to .jslot and load that into Ningheim Race. The only issue with this is that RM64 alpha doesn't yet have a working slider to change the head from Nord (or whatever) to Ningheim, but in theory you can edit the .jslot manually with Notepad++ and change it there, or load the .jslot into Oldrim RM32 with Ningheim installed and change the head to the correct race with the working slider and resave the .jslot.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Hey! If i could get some assistance, i am getting this error but cant figure out why.. Installed xp32 with ece compatibility

model:Data\Meshes\actors\character\character assets\faceparts\femaleheadmaskrightsidechargen.tri raceName:Breton
    ERROR: failed to refresh Player face.
    ERROR: invalid targetTri or unmatched vertexNum. (Data\Meshes\actors\character\character assets\femaleheadchargen.tri)

what is ECE 0.86 ? some old version of ece? i am using latest se version i guess thats the reason?

18 minutes ago, fenkrik said:

Hey! If i could get some assistance, i am getting this error but cant figure out why.. Installed xp32 with ece compatibility

On 12/11/2016 at 10:45 AM, R246 said:

I advise removing R246 Female Presets or R246 Concept prior to installing ECE.

• 5 months later...
On 4/25/2018 at 8:17 AM, R246 said:

Hello, I'm not sure if I'm in the right place but I'm hoping to maybe get some help. I'm using your presets but I'm having trouble with  my makeup overlays. My makeup that I'm using is barely visible in regards to eyeliner and eyeshadow. It's as if they are almost misaligned or something. To preface it, I use CBBE Slim, ECE, and Bijin. I hope I can get some help. I've looked all over and can't find a solution. Thanks!

here's a link to my problem https://imgur.com/a/IgkIq7P

36 minutes ago, Pru said:

Hello, I'm not sure if I'm in the right place but I'm hoping to maybe get some help. I'm using your presets but I'm having trouble with  my makeup overlays. My makeup that I'm using is barely visible in regards to eyeliner and eyeshadow. It's as if they are almost misaligned or something. To preface it, I use CBBE Slim, ECE, and Bijin. I hope I can get some help. I've looked all over and can't find a solution. Thanks!

here's a link to my problem https://imgur.com/a/IgkIq7P

Don't hate me if I say this is easy, but this is easy :P

Tintmasks! I use makeup tintmasks from Pure skin.

textures\actors\character\character assets\tintmasks

33 minutes ago, R246 said:

Don't hate me if I say this is easy, but this is easy :P

Tintmasks! I use makeup tintmasks from Pure skin.

Wow, thanks for responding. I didn't think anyone would. First off, let me say that I absolutely LOVE your presets. I specifically bought SE just to use your preset for this playthrough, so thank you for that! Second, it doesn't seem to easy to me >.<. So I downloaded makeup overhaul from fair skin and I can kiiiiind of see a little bit of difference but not much. I am just perplexed. The only other tintmask I have is from immersive wenches. I'm not sure what you mean with

33 minutes ago, R246 said:

Should I download pure skin's makeup for better compatibility? What do you think is the best skin mod to go with your presets? I've tried mature which i thought made me look old-ish, fair skin made me look like casper the friendly ghost lol, and valhalla was just kind of meh lol. bijin i look like a supermodel, but so does every other bitch in the game now too (using diverstiy) lol

So I looked at pure skin and it looks like it has a FOMOD. With that can I just install the tintmask/makeup or do i have to install the whole skin? (i'm such a newb i know) >.<

2 hours ago, Pru said:

Wow, thanks for responding. I didn't think anyone would. First off, let me say that I absolutely LOVE your presets. I specifically bought SE just to use your preset for this playthrough, so thank you for that! Second, it doesn't seem to easy to me >.<. So I downloaded makeup overhaul from fair skin and I can kiiiiind of see a little bit of difference but not much. I am just perplexed. The only other tintmask I have is from immersive wenches. I'm not sure what you mean with

Should I download pure skin's makeup for better compatibility? What do you think is the best skin mod to go with your presets? I've tried mature which i thought made me look old-ish, fair skin made me look like casper the friendly ghost lol, and valhalla was just kind of meh lol. bijin i look like a supermodel, but so does every other bitch in the game now too (using diverstiy) lol

So I looked at pure skin and it looks like it has a FOMOD. With that can I just install the tintmask/makeup or do i have to install the whole skin? (i'm such a newb i know) >.<

I use Pure (darker variant, from the new SE version), but with Bijin normalmaps. I doubt Pure FOMOD will allow only makeup installation, generally some skin textures are considered "default" and will be installed regardless. You'll just have to extract the Pure tintmasks and either zip them up as a standalone mod install, or manually place them in the tintmasks folder, or install Pure skin and makeup.