Scent of Sex - What next?

Scent of Sex - What next?  

526 members have voted

1. 1. Preference on New features to be added

• Increase the number of lines of dialogue
    • Integrate with other mods (please specify)
    • Add a "Prostitution" type of rule, including payments
    • Add a "Seduction" type of rule, including NPC to NPC preferences
    • Add the extra features that are in Death Alternative to SSX
    • Integrate with SexLife
    • Add "after sex" actions (add/drop clothes; alter HE, ST, MA; add magic effects; add/remove factions)
    • More control on items and clothes for stripping/dressing
  2. 2. How fast should I go?

• Why you did not released Version 1.5 yet!
    • Do it as quick as you can
    • Take your time, I prefer a stable mod
    • Better if you stop developing this mod

I voted for some of the stuff but the feature that would make the mod a real winner to me would be something related to triggering rules through spells/magic effects. Stuff like:

• Adding a "Magic Effect" to the Participant Type options, which would work pretty much the same as the Faction one: selecting it will add a drop-down menu with the Active Magic Effects applied to actors in the current cell.

• It would also need a filter for the effect's caster, so we can restrict the rule to spells cast by the player, followers or anyone. Another useful filter might be one for the effect's magnitude, that way we could even specify if the spell was "strong enough" to trigger the rule.

This would allow us to create rules that emulate mods like Matchmaker or Enchantress, as we could for example trigger sex scenes with actors affected by Calm spells, make enemies affected by Fury spells rape their allies, Bend Will them into sex slaves... Hell, the possibilities ar eendless. We could have enchanted armors and weapons that trigger scenes when used, stuff like the Sanguine Rose to summon sex-hungry dremora, or why not, even Wabbajack people into weird sex. 

That paired with the "after sex" options in the poll related to magic effects would make it even more awesome, I believe.

I can check, and list, magic effects applied to actors.

So using a magic effect to trigger a rule is possible.

But there will be o info about duration or magnitude, because this info is not retained. (Difference between MagicEffect and AppliedMagicEffect.)

I am not sure about the caster. In all cases it will be really difficult to define a filter about the caster of a given effect inside a rule.

Not exactly one of the poll choices above, but since I'm here:

Is it possible (without too much trouble) to integrate some kind of MCM control feature over how long hostile NPCs stay calm if any of the stop combat choices was chosen for a rule? Something like "Stop combat - Player/Follower only - xx seconds". Not sure what time is set for stop combat internally right now, but my impression is that NPCs only re-aggro if you leave and return to the cell.

11 hours ago, Redswift said:

How about a soft integration to Beeing Female so you can start rules based on your menstrual cycle? 

I don't know yet. I have to check the mod.

9 hours ago, Starbrow65 said:

Not exactly one of the poll choices above, but since I'm here:

Is it possible (without too much trouble) to integrate some kind of MCM control feature over how long hostile NPCs stay calm if any of the stop combat choices was chosen for a rule? Something like "Stop combat - Player/Follower only - xx seconds". Not sure what time is set for stop combat internally right now, but my impression is that NPCs only re-aggro if you leave and return to the cell.

I think there is no easy way, after the pacification of NPC, to make them fully aggressive again. But I will check.

Changing the cell recalculates everything but I cannot really do the same. Again, I will check.

14 hours ago, CPU said:

I think there is no easy way, after the pacification of NPC, to make them fully aggressive again. But I will check.

Changing the cell recalculates everything but I cannot really do the same. Again, I will check.

Thank you for considering it. May I ask what method SSX is currently using to achieve the pacification in the first place, if and when a rule requires it? I may be wrong, but once upon a time WaxenFigure used a time restricted calm spell for SexAddict, I think. Defeat also has some way of regulating how long attackers stay calm until combat resumes. No idea if any of these ways could work for SSX (I confess I couldn't code 'Hello World' to save my life), please forgive me any overly amateurish assumptions.

17 hours ago, WaxenFigure said:

It's a festival of Cloaking spells and therefore Stack Dumps, I have it on my Avoid This Crap list.

I use the old v1.14 and that seems okay with NPC's switched off, the later v2.x versions are a different matter though and do seem unstable

On 1/9/2018 at 6:12 PM, CPU said:

My wishlist item is somewhat similar in that it involves how SSX works with hostile npcs.  Namely, I'd love it if SSX had the ability to trigger scenes between members of a hostile faction, but without pacifying any members and including the ability for the npcs to "break out" of the scene if they detect the player or enter combat.

The purpose of the rule would be to add some voyeuristic encounters in bandit/necromancer/forsworn camps, but it also could be used to great effect with the wenches series of mods that add female NPCs to the falmer/dwemer/draugr factions.  Currently such rules do work, but are extremely disruptive to immersion as the rule triggering will cause all hostiles in a cell to become passive to the player, even if the player/followers are not involved in the scene.  I just think it would be amazing if SSX rules could be created to cause hostile NPCs to "get busy" but still be a threat.

Sexy Bandit Captives has done an excellent job implementing the behaviors I'm thinking of in its bandit/captive scenes, and I believe much of the inspiration behind it comes from Aroused Creatures's method of handling scenes between enemy NPCs.

Of course, this is just a wishlist item, it may simply be that the way SSX functions at the base level doesn't allow for such interactions.  Thanks for taking suggestions again.

Hi. One thing I will add for sure will be the ability to DON'T pacify all actors.

But keep in mind that actors involved in a sex scene are "pacified" by SexLab.

My option will allow other actors around to stay aggressive.

45 minutes ago, CPU said:

Hi. One thing I will add for sure will be the ability to DON'T pacify all actors.

But keep in mind that actors involved in a sex scene are "pacified" by SexLab.

My option will allow other actors around to stay aggressive.

That would be a huge improvement to running the mod in dungeon environments, thanks.  Simply having the non-involved actors still be hostile would be enough for me to start running SSX in dungeons again.

I don't know the mechanics behind how Sexy Bandit Captives/Aroused Creatures allow for Sexlab scene interruptions on player detection and on taking damage, but I do know they aren't standard Sexlab behavior. 

• 3 weeks later...

What I would like to see is custom dialog options in the rules. Instead of the 4 or 5 preset ones we have now, we could add what whatever we want to say as well as replies. Maybe even have an option to have extended dialog for example an npc may approach the player or anyone else depending on the rules you have set and ask for sex. The response maybe "NO go away", then npc may ask or even beg for it or perhaps offer something like gold or items or whatever you define in the rules.

On 09/01/2018 at 3:12 PM, Redswift said:

How about a soft integration to Beeing Female so you can start rules based on your menstrual cycle? 

I would like to second this request, please.

More generally, getting the two mods to play nicer with another. Last time I've tried, I remember it being a headache for me, and it mostly ended as a failure unfortunately (because of my lack of knowledge in modding Skyrim still, not the fault of the mods, mind you).

I will try again, and hope to get it right next time. More integration would make my attempt significantly easier.

Thank you for the outstanding mod in any case, and asking us for feedback.

EDIT : Scent of Sex + SexLife + Beeing Female would really look good as a foundation/framework.

As I said before, this mod is awesome in how much control it gives for setting up rules, making a lot of other sex-starting mods obsolete.

Here are the options I personally think would be great improvements for it:

- Option to exclude the Player from being selected as an actor when sneaking and undetected (possibly as a general option instead of a rule option). Would help avoiding getting harassed by people you're picking off from the shadows.

- Rule option for hostility on denial (either starting a brawl or full-on combat), with an option to bypass starting a sex scene afterwards (so a mod like Defeat can handle it instead).

- Rule option to add a faction rank (and/or relationship rank) to NPC after sex. Possibly specifically after consensual/aggressive. Possibly temporarily, on a timer.

- More parameters for actor selection, such as Morality, or proximity of other actors (for example, blocking the rule when Guards are nearby).

• 2 weeks later...

I just discovered this mod, it's really nice work - ty for your efforts!

Personally, one feature I would REALLY like to see implemented is this: The ability to CHOOSE how the 'sex' is handled, either thru SexLab, OSex or neither - YES NEITHER! Instead have a 'play animation' option (simply play an animation which is optionally repeatable (plays in a loop) until the animation either ends on it's own or you 'end it' with spacebar or whatever). First off, I love SexLab and all the crazy mods that go with it - They're awesome, but it's also 'lacking'. OSex provides a much more 'intimate' type of animation sets and is also great, sometimes I want to use SexLab, sometimes I want to use OSex (I REALLY wish OSex would 'tie' into SexLab mods like aroused though, and I also really wish you could cum with it), but wrong thread for those complaints. My reason for wanting an animation option is simple. This mod has the potential for so much more. Integrating an animation option would begin that process to some degree. I don't always want to start sex, but every time I start a 'kissing' scene, if I don't abort the animation, they end up stripping down and screwing on the spot, when all I wanted to see was some kissing (while still clothed). Another example, not sure if this is an older animation or not, but I recently saw someone post a 'groping animation' of a guard walking up to a player and groping them. Again, sex isn't required for this, but would be awesome if this mod could handle simple animations also, because we could turn this into a rule and get groped while walking around in town.

One last request, after the 'scene' has ended, an option to 'brawl' the character would also be cool - So if you get groped, you can turn around and bunch the bastard in the nose, without fear of killing them or getting a fine (because a girl should be able to turn around and bunch the prick without getting fined for it - they didn't do anything wrong, it's not their fault they have nice tits and some assholes can't control themselves).

Bottom line, and what I'm mostly after is this: SexLab is missing on the 'cuddly' 'intimate' type of stuff, some people have been screaming for this over the years with very little attention. This mod provides a means to provide some of this. I'm STILL waiting for someone to make a damn mod that will make a boyfriend/girlfriend/follower cuddle up and sleep with you in a tent. I know campfire does this perfectly (kind of), but only for spouses, and half the time, even your spouse refuses to do it. Not to mention a simple boyfriend/girlfriend system. One where the boyfriend will fiercely protect their lover, freak out if they get raped, brawl any bastard to touches her or flirts with her, when relaxing near a campfire, they can walk up and cuddle the player automatically etc.. etc... So much potential here and no one seems to want to do it...

Anyways, just my two scents...  (Yes, that was a stupid pun and not poor spelling), thx again for the mod, really look forward to any future changes, this mod seems very stable, which is why I like it, it just has a good 'solid' feel to it.

Hi.

Brawling was already requested and will be done in a future version.

About 0Sex I probably will not integrate it (it APIs are not good for scene based animations, and also it will limit my possibility to move all code of SSX to a SKSE plugin to be way faster than today.)

Wow, such a quick reply - Personally, I could live without the OSex integration, but I REALLY hope you'll put some thought into being able to use a simple animation that can be also loopable (the loopable part might be the tricky part) - If you can't make is so a person can 'press space' to stop the animation, then maybe give an option for how many times the animation loops before it finishes, that would also be pretty good.

Thx again :smile:

8 hours ago, blippyp said:

Wow, such a quick reply - Personally, I could live without the OSex integration, but I REALLY hope you'll put some thought into being able to use a simple animation that can be also loopable (the loopable part might be the tricky part) - If you can't make is so a person can 'press space' to stop the animation, then maybe give an option for how many times the animation loops before it finishes, that would also be pretty good.

Thx again :smile:

That will not bee to complex to implement.

The problem that the user will need to define the AnimEvent to be played (for each actor), then I can just call the anim event.

But the user will need to find the animenvent names inside the FNIS files.

16 hours ago, CPU said:

But the user will need to find the animenvent names inside the FNIS files.

I think this would be more than suitable - Please do this! Then we could do simple things like walk up and kiss people/hug them, etc, without performing the full 'let's get naked' kind of situation. It would open a big door for people who like to role play. Also if you include brawling - set a flag for whether or not the animation will initiate a brawl afterwards (ie, maybe the person wouldn't like being kissed). Ya, it's overly simplified, but would probably come in handy I would think.

I have one final request though, that I'm sure many people would LOVE to also see implemented. During the animation, could there be an option for the 'animation' to ask if you'd like to sleep after the animation (but STILL stuck on the last frame of the animation). In this way, you could walk up to a follower, and 'snuggle' with them, and then fall asleep with them beside a fire or something. I've seen people ask in many threads for a feature like this. If you were to put an option to allow for this for each animation, I REALLY think you'd make every single one of those folks (including me) giggle with joy. Kind of like a 'sleep anywhere mod', but the user specifies the animation and whether or not it's paired with someone else - being paired with someone else is the clearly the defining point of all this however ;-P

Thanks again! 8)

I couldn't grasp this from the manual, but perhaps, if it isn't yet available, it could be interesting: the possibility to decrease the NPC disposition when the player is approached and says "No" in the dialogue (btw, other options besides "No" and "Yes" would be pretty cool, too).

Another thing would be an option to add NPCs confidence and morality values (http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Assistance#Confidence) as conditions for an interaction.

And lastly, what about the possibility of the rule be trigerred by a hotkey? You could press the "X" key, for example, and you would grope an NPC or play a teasing animation or whatever, and THEN the random chance for the NPC approval or not would be calculated.

Archived