Scent of Sex - What next?

Scent of Sex - What next?  

526 members have voted

1. 1. Preference on New features to be added

• Increase the number of lines of dialogue
    • Integrate with other mods (please specify)
    • Add a "Prostitution" type of rule, including payments
    • Add a "Seduction" type of rule, including NPC to NPC preferences
    • Add the extra features that are in Death Alternative to SSX
    • Integrate with SexLife
    • Add "after sex" actions (add/drop clothes; alter HE, ST, MA; add magic effects; add/remove factions)
    • More control on items and clothes for stripping/dressing
  2. 2. How fast should I go?

• Why you did not released Version 1.5 yet!
    • Do it as quick as you can
    • Take your time, I prefer a stable mod
    • Better if you stop developing this mod

Hello, after releasing version 1.4b of Scent of Sex, I am planning to define what will be in the next version (V1.5)

For sure there may be other small 1.4x fixes, but they will not add new features, just bug fixes.

Please share your point of view, and also suggest for things you really like to be implemented.

In case you wish something that is not yet in the poll, just ask for it and I will add it (if feasible.)

Kind Regards,

The two mods I hope SSX to integrate with are Death Alternative (as alternative to Defeat, I think it's already done?) and Sexlife (sex trait system).

Tell me more, please.

What kind of integration can be done with Death Alternative?

What kind of integration can be done with SexLife?

The two mods I hope SSX to integrate with are Death Alternative (as alternative to Defeat, I think it's already done?) and Sexlife (sex trait system).

Tell me more, please.

What kind of integration can be done with Death Alternative?

What kind of integration can be done with SexLife?

I haven't played SSX since 1.2 and likely won't until it is available on SSE :D but I have been following the progress closely .

1. Can we now have bleed out based rules that play animation and then let Death Alternative take over?  Based on what I've read it sounds like SSX 1.4b already can do this.

2. SexLife has custom sex traits.  When I said integrate I actually meant "as alternative" :P   I guess SSX can achieve the same with custom factions and sounds like Sexlife traits are basically factions as well.  Someone has already gone through the trouble of setting up every NPC for Sexlife so I am wondering if SSX can take advantage of the already existed xml/json so we don't need to define 300+NPC x 10 traits combo and just use SSX to tweak "sex lives" instead of firing two very big mods concurrently.

I haven't played SSX since 1.2 and likely won't until it is available on SSE :D but I have been following the progress closely .

1. Can we now have bleed out based rules that play animation and then let Death Alternative take over?  Based on what I've read it sounds like SSX 1.4b already can do this.

2. SexLife has custom sex traits.  When I said integrate I actually meant "as alternative" :P   I guess SSX can achieve the same with custom factions and sounds like Sexlife traits are basically factions as well.  Someone has already gone through the trouble of setting up every NPC for Sexlife so I am wondering if SSX can take advantage of the already existed xml/json so we don't need to define 300+NPC x 10 traits combo and just use SSX to tweak "sex lives" instead of firing two very big mods concurrently.

I am intrigued with SexLife, but I don't know the mod. I will give a look.

About Death Alternative, I think SSX can already replace 80% of it. I will check if I can add the missing features (but in this case it will not be an integration but a replacement.)

Poll edited with the new two items.

Integration with SexLife sounds intriguing. That's a mod I've been tracking but haven't used it yet. I will try it out in my next play through.

As for SSX, I'd like to see more dialogue choices and possibly a way for us to input our own custom lines of dialogue. Also, a way to choose several possible lines and have them be selected at random when the rule fires would be awesome.

So, about SexLife: I agree with  zzz72w3r about the trait system (absolutely not because I contributed a little to it :P ). This would change some randomness of sex acts into something more "organized". I mean, when you make a rule about an NPCs getting together, you can exlude (with SLSL) things like incest, define whether a character is rather a dom or sub, etc. You can also exclude some people because they're faithful to their spouses or lovers. The big advantage is that most vanilla NPCs are already defined in .json files included with the mod (we used info from Wiki + our own experience with the game). Some characteristics about followers added by popular mods have been made, too. Of course, users can modify them as they see fit.

I've been using both SSX and SLSL and they sometimes complement each other (e.g. two lovers start sex triggered by SLSL, which in turn triggers a rule from SSX).

Unfortunately, some users have been saying they have problems with SLSL not working (it's either MCM not appearing, or no sex happens), so I'm not sure how many people would like to see that integration. But if it'd be optional, it should be great and I will be glad to have it. I suppose that Dooge (the author of SexLife) wouldn't mind such integration either.

So, about SexLife: I agree with  zzz72w3r about the trait system (absolutely not because I contributed a little to it :P ). This would change some randomness of sex acts into something more "organized". I mean, when you make a rule about an NPCs getting together, you can exlude (with SLSL) things like incest, define whether a character is rather a dom or sub, etc. You can also exclude some people because they're faithful to their spouses or lovers. The big advantage is that most vanilla NPCs are already defined in .json files included with the mod (we used info from Wiki + our own experience with the game). Some characteristics about followers added by popular mods have been made, too. Of course, users can modify them as they see fit.

I've been using both SSX and SLSL and they sometimes complement each other (e.g. two lovers start sex triggered by SLSL, which in turn triggers a rule from SSX).

Unfortunately, some users have been saying they have problems with SLSL not working (it's either MCM not appearing, or no sex happens), so I'm not sure how many people would like to see that integration. But if it'd be optional, it should be great and I will be glad to have it. I suppose that Dooge (the author of SexLife) wouldn't mind such integration either.

For sure all integrations will be soft integration.

Keep in mind that my mod works also if Arousal is not installed (but there are many bi-directional interactions.)

I will check.

Long time ago, there was also the idea to integrate with SexLab Sexual Fame Framework. (SLSF? SLSFF? SSFF? maybe?)

I lost contact with the author (too busy in building V1.4, two other mods that popped out from nowhere, by time consumed for a really major mod, moderating, etc.) so I never completed such integration.

Hi,

Just a thought...is it me or the top two choices are awfully similar if we consider the mechanic? NPC approaches another NPC for sex, maybe roll a dice to determine chance of success ("seduction" based on traits, and "prostitution" based on arousal?). Just to make them somewhat different...since "prostitution" has a post sex event i.e. gold payment...how about adding a post sex event to "seduction" e.g., kill chance toward the "victim" (or bleed out so that the player can finish the job, or force them to go sleep so that he'll be easier to rob)? Just an idea of course.

Thanks for reading.

Hi, Just a thought...is it me or the top two choices are awfully similar if we consider the mechanic? NPC approaches another NPC for sex, maybe roll a dice to determine chance of success ("seduction" based on traits, and "prostitution" based on arousal?). Just to make them somewhat different...since "prostitution" has a post sex event i.e. gold payment...how about adding a post sex event to "seduction" e.g., kill chance toward the "victim" (or bleed out so that the player can finish the job, or force them to go sleep so that he'll be easier to rob)? Just an idea of course. Thanks for reading.

Hi.

The "prostitution" mode was something like having a prostitution skill, with people coming to you in some circomstances (you or the followers), and asking for specific type of paid sex. You can offer sex, and this will work depending on your current level. Maybe with some surprises I already did for another two mods.

The "seduction" will work on a different mode, it will be dialogue based, to seduce the target to finally have sex. Also this logic is from another mod I am participating with.

And, why not, they can be run also by NPCs, not only by the player.

In all cases, I like your post.

Had another thought for something to put in: consequences. These are a set of events or buffs/debuffs that could be applied with a rule, such as leaving a character's stripped clothes on the ground, giving them a lovers comfort buff, equipping a special item, or even lowering health or skills after a scene(Such as after a vampire blood-sucking event). 

Had another thought for something to put in: consequences. These are a set of events or buffs/debuffs that could be applied with a rule, such as leaving a character's stripped clothes on the ground, giving them a lovers comfort buff, equipping a special item, or even lowering health or skills after a scene(Such as after a vampire blood-sucking event).

I like your ideas. Please formulate something, and it will be another option.

For me I think SSX would rather be a "random sex" type mod and light replacement for those "heavy" mod, like defeat or TDF.

But if SSX has an API for other mods will be fine, with the APIs modders could focus on storys and role-playing while SSX do the rest

For example,  dynamically import a rule to form an orgy party, then delete it to release the computing resource.

And I think feature like "In this cell, temporarily deactive all the rules, except balabala" will be useful for modders

I like your ideas. Please formulate something, and it will be another option.

Would "Add after sex effect options such as dropping clothes, draining health, or applying status effects" work for a line?

And I think feature like "In this cell, temporarily deactive all the rules, except balabala" will be useful for modders

That is already possible.

Would "Add after sex effect options such as dropping clothes, draining health, or applying status effects" work for a line?

"After sex options" is OK.

The definition of what can be possible after needs some work.

* Clothes: already possible, at least partially, and also wear some clothes after is already possible

* Alter health, stamina, magicka: that is a possibility

* Apply effects: difficult, because a list of effect has to be defined to allow the rules to select the effects

Integrate with other mods (please specify) - Ability/Rule/Action to initiate other scenes such as a bound whipping scene / equip/unequip scene for cuffs or something similar.

Technically this is not an integration.

And you can already do it with the current version (if you have Zaz and/or DD.)

What I'd love to see would be an option to equip a specific item before a sex scene plays, depending on the scene or at least on tags (I guess there are mods out there letting me give an animation a custom tag, right?). Sexlab Util sadly doesn't offer that and I don't really wanna learn how to script so I can do it on my own.  :P

Why I need that?

For this here.

I want to be able to equip a custom havok object tailored to the specific animation that's about to start.

edit:

Wait whaaaaa...

This is already in in v1.4

CPU, you're my hero!  :D

Oh boy, I'm kinda giddy right now.  :lol:

Integrate with other mods (please specify) - Ability/Rule/Action to initiate other scenes such as a bound whipping scene / equip/unequip scene for cuffs or something similar.

Technically this is not an integration.

And you can already do it with the current version (if you have Zaz and/or DD.)

Oh really, I haven't tried out the latest version, apologies.

What I'd love to see would be an option to equip a specific item before a sex scene plays, depending on the scene or at least on tags (I guess there are mods out there letting me give an animation a custom tag, right?). Sexlab Util sadly doesn't offer that and I don't really wanna learn how to script so I can do it on my own.  :P

Why I need that?

For this here.

I want to be able to equip a custom havok object tailored to the specific animation that's about to start.

edit:

Wait whaaaaa...

This is already in in v1.4

CPU, you're my hero!  :D

Oh boy, I'm kinda giddy right now.  :lol:

Wait. You can equip an "Armor".

But an armor is not an "Animation Object" (what you call a Havok object I suppose)

But if the Armor has HDT, then it is already done.

Nope, I mean the Havok Object we used to equip before attaching xml data to the body meshes themselves.

And that thing is an "armor" (meaning equippable object using a body slot), just that it's invisible.

Thanks again, man. Will write rules for the collision objects I make and post them in you rules thread. And of course I'll point people towards your mod since it will be a (soft) requirement for my HDT setup from the next version on. :)

"Take your time I prefer a stable mod"

The version prior to 1.4b worked if it was the only SL type mod. The moment I added SLA no sex would ever occur even on the simplest of rules.

Version 1.4b even by itself will not detect animations and so doesn't function at all for me.

I always test with new game with SL, SL Animation Loader and Alternate start. I set up SL and load anims, save and exit dungeon to camping in the woods. Save exit game load Scent, start game but no animations detected.

I LOVE the concept of this mod. It is very much needed. Please continue development. Thank you.

"Take your time I prefer a stable mod"

The version prior to 1.4b worked if it was the only SL type mod. The moment I added SLA no sex would ever occur even on the simplest of rules.

Version 1.4b even by itself will not detect animations and so doesn't function at all for me.

I always test with new game with SL, SL Animation Loader and Alternate start. I set up SL and load anims, save and exit dungeon to camping in the woods. Save exit game load Scent, start game but no animations detected.

I LOVE the concept of this mod. It is very much needed. Please continue development. Thank you.

If you had any problem with the current version, please post in the support topic of the mod itself.

It will be easier for me to track it and answer.

(I will not do it here.)

I had a hard time deciding but I went with more dialogue lines. Maybe also have more optional lines depending on how aroused you are?

Just an example:

arousal =< 50 "I'd like to get to know you more"

arousal => 50 "This is desperate times, get on your knees!"

Or.. maybe different lines depending on if you're friend/ally/lover etc? Since you can already raise the disposition, it would be nice to know where you stand with the npc with the help of these dialogues.

Just a thought ^^ 

----

Any chance with more rule start filter options? like adding an option to select a number ranging from 1-5.

For example if you set filters:

- Must see naked

- Arousal

- Time 

Then you set a number > 2

Which means rule only start if 2 of those conditions or more are met.

This might be a completely retarded question based on the current version of the mod (I'm planning on playing with it soon as I get time) but I know some form of Dialogue has been added.

Is this dialogue predefined? If so, how hard or even plausible would it be to implement dialogue that engages an action/rule scenario which can be changed by the user via a config file? (The dialogue)

Archived