Devious Devices Framework Development/Beta

So in 4.0, it seems the following animations were removed from zadlibs:

DDZaZAPCArmBZaDS01
DDZaZAPCArmBZaDS02
DDZaZAPCArmBZaDS03
DDZaZAPCArmBZaDS04
DDZaZAPCArmBZaDS05
DDZaZAPCArmBZaDS06

I was using them to manually force the player to animate for a short 'scene'.

Is there anything to replace these animations that would allow me to manually make an NPC animate? I'm not seeing one in libs but that's probably my failings

30 minutes ago, Verstort said:

So in 4.0, it seems the following animations were removed from zadlibs:

DDZaZAPCArmBZaDS01
DDZaZAPCArmBZaDS02
DDZaZAPCArmBZaDS03
DDZaZAPCArmBZaDS04
DDZaZAPCArmBZaDS05
DDZaZAPCArmBZaDS06

I was using them to manually force the player to animate for a short 'scene'.

Is there anything to replace these animations that would allow me to manually make an NPC animate? I'm not seeing one in libs but that's probably my failings

I don't think we have these specific animations anymore but since they were taken from ZAP in the first place, you can probably still find them in ZAP (minus the DD prefix)

Also I recommend debug.SendAnimationEvent instead of PlayIdle for playing animations. It appears to be more responsive and less prone to failing and you don't need to create properties for animations called this way, just refer to them by their FNIS names as strings.

I found a bug in zadEquipScript.psc (on line 370) preventing the removal of anal plugs from npc NOT wearing an open-backed belt.

Current code:

if npc.WornHasKeyword(libs.zad_DeviousBelt) && DeviceRendered.HasKeyword(libs.zad_DeviousPlugVaginal) || (DeviceRendered.HasKeyword(libs.zad_DeviousPlugAnal) && !npc.WornHasKeyword(libs.zad_PermitAnal))

Looks like some missing ()s is causing the "zad_permitanal" keyword to be required in order to remove any anal plugs from npcs.

I'm fairly certain the code should look like this for the intended result:

if npc.WornHasKeyword(libs.zad_DeviousBelt) && (DeviceRendered.HasKeyword(libs.zad_DeviousPlugVaginal) || (DeviceRendered.HasKeyword(libs.zad_DeviousPlugAnal) && !npc.WornHasKeyword(libs.zad_PermitAnal)))

EDIT: After thinking about it some more... What this code is trying to accomplish is actually completely inconsistent with how open belts work in other situations.

You can't add either type of plug to npcs as long as they are belted, regardless of "zad_permitanal" or not. Same goes for the player character, with removal also blocked for both types of plugs (also regardless of "zad_permitanal" keyword)

7 hours ago, LazyBoot said:

I found a bug in zadEquipScript.psc (on line 370) preventing the removal of anal plugs from npc NOT wearing an open-backed belt.

Current code:

if npc.WornHasKeyword(libs.zad_DeviousBelt) && DeviceRendered.HasKeyword(libs.zad_DeviousPlugVaginal) || (DeviceRendered.HasKeyword(libs.zad_DeviousPlugAnal) && !npc.WornHasKeyword(libs.zad_PermitAnal))

Looks like some missing ()s is causing the "zad_permitanal" keyword to be required in order to remove any anal plugs from npcs.

I'm fairly certain the code should look like this for the intended result:

if npc.WornHasKeyword(libs.zad_DeviousBelt) && (DeviceRendered.HasKeyword(libs.zad_DeviousPlugVaginal) || (DeviceRendered.HasKeyword(libs.zad_DeviousPlugAnal) && !npc.WornHasKeyword(libs.zad_PermitAnal)))

EDIT: After thinking about it some more... What this code is trying to accomplish is actually completely inconsistent with how open belts work in other situations.

You can't add either type of plug to npcs as long as they are belted, regardless of "zad_permitanal" or not. Same goes for the player character, with removal also blocked for both types of plugs (also regardless of "zad_permitanal" keyword)

Weird, I thought we fixed it ages ago. Okay we'll look into it again.

2 hours ago, a626943491 said:

Some equipment texture missing occurred when I upgraded DDI DDX and cursed loot 4.0 and started a new game.It never happened in the old version.Help please...

"Some textures missing" is not helpful at all n_n Please be more specific?

1 hour ago, Princessity said:

Weird, I thought we fixed it age ago. Okay we'll look into it again.

"Some textures mising" is not helpful at all n_n Pleae be more specific?

Well,for instance,the initial belt acquired in cursed loot LAL add-on start , heavy gag and obsidian equips.It occurred not only in old version save game,but also in newly started game.

Should I reinstall NetImmerse Override and try again?

20171229200152_1.jpg

20171229200222_1.jpg

20171229200352_1.jpg

6 minutes ago, a626943491 said:

Well,for instance,the initial belt acquired in cursed loot LAL add-on start , heavy gag and obsidian equips.It occurred not only in old version save game,but also in newly started game.

20171229200152_1.jpg

20171229200222_1.jpg

20171229200352_1.jpg

That is an issue with missing textures not a NIO or mesh problem. Any time items look like that it usually means the textures are missing or in the wrong place.

10 minutes ago, a626943491 said:

20171229200152_1.jpg

20171229200222_1.jpg

20171229200352_1.jpg

Hmmm... These textures should be included in Cursed Loot. Could you try reinstalling it?

My game has been wantonly unstable  since I updated to the lastest version of the devious stuff. To the point where the game was freezing and crashing far more than even vanilla skyrim should. I think I nailed it down to either captured dreams (which I did install for the first time after I updated.) or EtaC (which I've always used in oldrim.). I've pulled both and reverted to the prison cell save and will try again today...

I am looking forward to seeing whats new and trying some new settings, but it's not an auspicious start.

Hi, I've been using the latest DD mods with Captured Dreams for many months now and never had any stability issues. Same with ETaC. Actually, I doubt there are any things in DD that could cause crashes unless you overload your game engine by demanding too much from it. DD is quite resilient but, particularly when used with many NPCs, can have a performance impact so tread lightly if your game is heavily modded and don't put every Whiterun NPC into a hobble dress, armbinder, plugs and belt (or whatever).

2 hours ago, Wonko486 said:

I've pulled both and reverted to the prison cell save and will try again today...

That method only works if the prison cell save never had the two mods which you removed in it. Otherwise, the results will be the same as when removing them later in the game. If the mods in question were part of your load order for that "prison cell" save (which really is just another savegame as far as the game is concerned), then you should really start a new game (by pressing the "NEW" button on the main menu). Most mods and the main game itself initialize stuff right at the beginning and that then stays baked into your savegame no matter what.

Also, for further troubleshooting please upload a log and your load order.

Oh, I keep a "clean" save with only the game core (and LAL, obviously.) from just after character creation. While I would lose progress, at least I don't have to remake the character entirely, but usually end up having to stop by the face sculptor at some point to tweak things. Makes it easier to revert and saves me from having to completely wipe and restart... I've done more than enough of that already.

Edit: I was completely off the mark. Seems like a big part of my problem was an old cut of submit. I upgraded for  submit and DD, and much smoother, much cleaner, much more stable. It did freeze when I went to level my character so something is still off, but still better than it was.

We're all very busy with holiday stuff on *shudders* the other side of the screen ^^ I'm finding some time to respond in support threads and collect reported issues but neither me nor Kimy are able to work on mods at the moment. But we are keeping track of bug reports and will start addressing them as soon as we escape the high-security new-year-madness straightjacket n_n

6 minutes ago, Princessity said:

We're all very busy with holiday stuff on *shudders* the other side of the screen ^^ I'm finding some time to respond in support threads and collect reported issues but neither me nor Kimy are able to work on mods at the moment. But we are keeping track of bug reports and will start addressing them as soon we escape the high-security new-year-madness straightjacket n_n

Maybe get yourself a nice and cozy dungeon. Put that other-side-of-the-screen in that lovely spot and tell them "now, be nice, behave, or else ....". Leave the chest with some devices open, lock close the door and enjoy the sudden peace  :classic_rolleyes:

On 12/30/2017 at 10:45 AM, El_Duderino said:

Also, for further troubleshooting please upload a log and your load order.

[12/23/2017 - 08:57:42AM] Papyrus log opened (PC)
[12/23/2017 - 08:57:42AM] Update budget: 1.200000ms (Extra tasklet budget: 1.200000ms, Load screen budget: 500.000000ms)
[12/23/2017 - 08:57:42AM] Memory page: 128 (min) 512 (max) 153600 (max total)
[12/23/2017 - 08:57:44AM] Cannot open store for class "DLC1TestPhilAtronach", missing file?
[12/23/2017 - 08:57:45AM] Cannot open store for class "ddunequiphandlerscript", missing file?
[12/23/2017 - 08:57:45AM] Cannot open store for class "ddunequipmcmscript", missing file?
[12/23/2017 - 08:57:45AM] Cannot open store for class "PF__0201313D", missing file?
[12/23/2017 - 08:57:45AM] Error: Unable to bind script PF__0201313D to  (0A01313D) because their base types do not match
[12/23/2017 - 08:57:45AM] Cannot open store for class "PF__02014174", missing file?
[12/23/2017 - 08:57:45AM] Error: Unable to bind script PF__02014174 to  (0A014174) because their base types do not match
[12/23/2017 - 08:57:45AM] Cannot open store for class "wispCoreScript_lyu", missing file?
[12/23/2017 - 08:57:47AM] Cannot open store for class "Display_ArmorHolderScript", missing file?
[12/23/2017 - 08:57:47AM] Cannot open store for class "Display_Weapon_Script", missing file?
[12/23/2017 - 08:57:47AM] Cannot open store for class "Display_SoulGem_Script", missing file?
[12/23/2017 - 08:57:47AM] Cannot open store for class "Display_MiscObject_Script", missing file?
[12/23/2017 - 08:57:47AM] Cannot open store for class "Display_MiraakScript", missing file?
[12/23/2017 - 08:57:48AM] Cannot open store for class "BYOWForgeScript", missing file?
[12/23/2017 - 08:57:48AM] Error: Unable to bind script BYOWForgeScript to  (2E0012CA) because their base types do not match
[12/23/2017 - 08:57:53AM] VM is freezing...
[12/23/2017 - 08:57:53AM] VM is frozen
[12/23/2017 - 08:57:54AM] Log closed

Skyrim.esm=1
Update.esm=1
Dawnguard.esm=1
HearthFires.esm=1
Dragonborn.esm=1
Unofficial Skyrim Legendary Edition Patch.esp=1
Falskaar.esm=1
ApachiiHair.esm=1
hdtHighHeel.esm=1
SexLab.esm=1
Devious Devices - Assets.esm=1
SexLabAroused.esm=1
Devious Devices - Integration.esm=1
Devious Devices - Expansion.esm=1
ZaZAnimationPack.esm=1
HighResTexturePack01.esp=1
HighResTexturePack02.esp=1
HighResTexturePack03.esp=1
RaceMenuMorphsCBBE.esp=1
RaceMenu.esp=1
RaceMenuPlugin.esp=1
Skyrim Immersive Creatures.esp=1
Summermyst - Enchantments of Skyrim.esp=1
Book of UUNP Iron And Steel.esp=1
Helgen Reborn.esp=1
Breezehome_Fully_Upgradable.esp=1
Skyrim Immersive Creatures - DLC2.esp=1
Captured Dreams.esp=1
Legendary Skyrim Crossbows.esp=1
Hothtrooper44_ArmorCompilation.esp=1
Run For Your Lives.esp=1
Deviously Cursed Loot.esp=1
Immersive Patrols II.esp=1
Prometheus_BeastSkeletons.esp=1
portal2mod.esp=1
DudestiaMultiMarriages.esp=1
Apocalypse - The Spell Package.esp=1
TheEyesOfBeauty.esp=1
Ordinator - Perks of Skyrim.esp=1
Apocalypse - Ordinator Compatibility Patch.esp=1
IcePenguinWorldMap.esp=1
ArgonianFins.esp=1
ArgonianTints.esp=1
Ars Metallica - Legendary Edition.esp=1
CalienteVanillaArmorTweaks.esp=1
FNIS.esp=1
FNISSexyMove.esp=1
Hothtrooper44_Armor_Ecksstra.esp=1
hothtrooper44_ArmorPatch.esp=1
Immersive Weapons.esp=1
KS Hairdo's.esp=1
Glowing Vampire Eyes.esp=1
Glowing Eyes.esp=1
SkyUI.esp=1
Book of UUNP - Textures.esp=1
The Eyes Of Beauty - Elves Edition.esp=1
Chesko_WearableLantern.esp=1
Devious Devices - BRRF.esp=1
DD - Interactions.esp=1
DD - BRRF_Patch - Cursed Loot.esp=1
DeviouslyHelpless.esp=1
CD - Female Embassy Guards.esp=1
SexLab Submit.esp=1
SexLabDefeat.esp=1
mslDeviousCaptures.esp=1
Alternate Start - Live Another Life.esp=1
Alternate Start -- New Beginnings.esp=1
Alternate Start - Live A Deviant Life.esp=1
Babette.esp=0

I read the papyrus log, and I seem to understand that it's VM freezing... but I couldn't tell you what VM is after examining my mods and load order.

7 minutes ago, Wonko486 said:

I read the papyrus log, and I seem to understand that it's VM freezing... but I couldn't tell you what VM is after examining my mods and load order.

That line just means that the game locked Papyrus's state, likely because a save was being made.

11 hours ago, Princessity said:

We're all very busy with holiday stuff on *shudders* the other side of the screen ^^ I'm finding some time to respond in support threads and collect reported issues but neither me nor Kimy are able to work on mods at the moment. But we are keeping track of bug reports and will start addressing them as soon as we escape the high-security new-year-madness straightjacket n_n

Ah, ok. It's usually the other way around for me, I'm too busy during most of the year to work on my own projects, and the holiday season is the only time where I can get some serious progress done.

12 hours ago, Princessity said:

*shudders*

true true :confounded:

Okay, turns out a new years eve spent at home (thank you 10 minute exposure time!) is good for something. I wiped, reinstalled and tripled checked all my mods and requirements. Seems like my problem WAS... captured dreams. But it was entirely my fault, I had the new version and old versions installed together as I had not properly read the install instructions.

I think this years resolutions will include "read more thoroughly".

Before I start delving into individual scripts, is there a reason I should be aware of why ALL of my custom device events fail to register with DDi 4.0?

They used to work fine in DDi 3.0 after a call to 'SendModEvent("zadRegisterEvents")'.

Now they are just ignored by the mod event and not present in the final registry.

45 minutes ago, skyrimll said:

Before I start delving into individual scripts, is there a reason I should be aware of why ALL of my custom device events fail to register with DDi 4.0?

They used to work fine in DDi 3.0 after a call to 'SendModEvent("zadRegisterEvents")'.

Now they are just ignored by the mod event and not present in the final registry.

What do you mean by "fail"?

Are you actually getting warnings in your papyrus log that they failed to register or nothing at all?

The last time anyone changed anything about the Event system was 7 months ago and we haven't touched it since then. It was... actually a merge from you. This one: 65cdd101c642e36319d296b087403fce387e9ba8 (compiled by Kimy in 908e1e68e4c0187e010bd29929bf411080d9a8c3)

25 minutes ago, Princessity said:

What do you mean by "fail"?

Are you actually getting warnings in your papyrus log that they failed to register or nothing at all?

The last time anyone changed anything about the Event system was 7 months ago and we haven't touched it since then. It was... actually a merge from you. This one: 65cdd101c642e36319d296b087403fce387e9ba8 (compiled by Kimy in 908e1e68e4c0187e010bd29929bf411080d9a8c3)

I remember that change and it was enough to make it work at the time, but something else happened since apparently.

I can see the custom events registered and loaded in my logs on game load, but they are immediately replaced by a reset of the event slot registry and a call to 'zadEventSlots::Maintenance()', which eliminates new events.

I will keep digging and figure out why DD wants to reset the event slot registry on each game load.

Edit: Turns out the issue is the check for None in the Initialize function of zadEventSlots. It should be looking for "" instead.

Function Initialize()
    If (Registry.Find("") <= 0) ; SkyrimLL - Disable if already initialized

I will change the code and request a merge.