Kimy

Devious Devices Framework Development/Beta

3 hours ago, Kimy said:

This could be. I didn't test it with that feature. Can this be reproduced, or was it a one-time glitch?

Well, so far, it happens every time Dollmaker makes enemy surrender and equips heavy bondage. It doesn't happen when heavy bondage is applied to already surrendered enemy through dialogue. And it doesn't happen when just normal items are applied - though, maybe in this case enemies just recover from flight when reentering combat. Tried "Havok fix" and fps limiting - didn't help, either I did it wrong, or it actually isn't relevant. It certainly needs more testing - but I deem it as an edge case, that happens with one weapon from one mod - and not a mod that we test right now 😃 So, it would probably go as a bug for DCL - and even then, I'm not sure it isn't linked to weapon type - maybe switching Dollmaker to short sword can mitigate a problem.

The Sex Animation Filter menu is still blank for me, this is on a new game with the recent Beta 8. I even tried saving, exiting the game, restarting the game and loading the save to see if the menu would appear but it was still blank.

However the animation filter does appear to be working again. Quick testing with Match Maker I checked Arm/Elbowbinders, Yokes, Pet Suit, Cuffs and Prisoner Chains a few times each. All seemed to be selecting appropriate bound sex animations. Only oddity was still getting bound oral animations while my character was wearing a ball gag but her other two holes were accessible (no belt).

14 minutes ago, UnEvenSteven said:

However the animation filter does appear to be working again. Quick testing with Match Maker I checked Arm/Elbowbinders, Yokes, Pet Suit, Cuffs and Prisoner Chains a few times each. All seemed to be selecting appropriate bound sex animations. Only oddity was still getting bound oral animations while my character was wearing a ball gag but her other two holes were accessible (no belt).

Some Gags like those used on the Prison or those from Sanguine's Debauchery and some other Mods are made to allow Oral even if don't looks like.

21 minutes ago, UnEvenSteven said:

The Sex Animation Filter menu is still blank for me, this is on a new game with the recent Beta 8. I even tried saving, exiting the game, restarting the game and loading the save to see if the menu would appear but it was still blank.

The file for the config script in the beta 8 package is dated last friday... Maybe @Kimy included the wrong version of the file?

19 hours ago, DeWired said:

Well, so far, it happens every time Dollmaker makes enemy surrender and equips heavy bondage. It doesn't happen when heavy bondage is applied to already surrendered enemy through dialogue. And it doesn't happen when just normal items are applied - though, maybe in this case enemies just recover from flight when reentering combat. Tried "Havok fix" and fps limiting - didn't help, either I did it wrong, or it actually isn't relevant. It certainly needs more testing - but I deem it as an edge case, that happens with one weapon from one mod - and not a mod that we test right now 😃 So, it would probably go as a bug for DCL - and even then, I'm not sure it isn't linked to weapon type - maybe switching Dollmaker to short sword can mitigate a problem.

Yeah, I will put it on DCL's bug list. Good find, though! :)

EDIT: Nevermind. I don't think I can fix this on DCL's end. But I guess checking for whether or not a NPC is in combat before calling UpdateWeight() would solve the problem just nicely, and not just for DCL.

23 hours ago, LazyBoot said:

The file for the config script in the beta 8 package is dated last friday... Maybe @Kimy included the wrong version of the file?

I forgot to copy it to the release archive, yes. *blushes*

Here is the complete version:

Devious Devices 5 LE Beta 1 To Beta 8a.7z

8 minutes ago, Kimy said:

I forgot to copy it to the release archive, yes. *blushes*

Could happen to anyone. 👍

Kimy,

are there any plans to seperate the Bodyslide files from the main install files at all ? i mean DD supports, umm UNP, CBBE, 3BBB, and not sure what else (Bhump, 7B maybe ?) it would be probably better to have people pick the bodyslide files they want rather than downloading everything in one shot, and possibly make it easier for you to set up the main archives when the time comes, would it not ?

and DDEquip, will it be redundant or for those of us who like the textures, still be useful with DD5 ?

and umm, one last thing.. i'm a bit embarrassed to ask to be honest, but i've struggled for 2 days now and so i swallowed a bit of pride and decided to ask here for a bit of help, from anyone really. would you or someone mind posting a screenshot of the DD5 MCM menu please ? (not all the individual menus, just the menu showing the sub-menu titles).

reason i ask is.. well i'm not young, and my mind sometimes goes. and you know those moments when you're thinking of something that you know is important, and you get like a half-second distraction and then you're like "wtf was i just thinking about" ? yeah.. that was 2 days ago now.. so if someone could post that screen, it would help me remember i hope. and i thank you ahead of time.

13 minutes ago, YojimboRatchet said:

would you or someone mind posting a screenshot of the DD5 MCM menu please ?

Spoiler

image.png.bff780f7fb97dd404ac8e5dbfe728206.png

15 minutes ago, YojimboRatchet said:

are there any plans to seperate the Bodyslide files from the main install files at all ? i mean DD supports, umm UNP, CBBE, 3BBB, and not sure what else (Bhump, 7B maybe ?) it would be probably better to have people pick the bodyslide files they want rather than downloading everything in one shot, and possibly make it easier for you to set up the main archives when the time comes, would it not ?

Conversions other than the ones provided by DD are totally unofficial. Honestly, the persons who released them didn't even talk to me first, so there is that. My stance is that I will add support for body mods other than UUNP and CBBE only if a new body mod becomes significantly popular. Niche body mods will not be added or catered to in any way. There are just too many of them. If a new body mod takes over a large enough market share one day, I will pull in the existing conversion (if any) to the official DD download, so that people can install them from the main release. Mind you that any such conversion would need to cover the other popular DD mods providing custom meshes too, so it would be a lot of work.

15 minutes ago, YojimboRatchet said:

and DDEquip, will it be redundant or for those of us who like the textures, still be useful with DD5 ?

In the long run, DD Equip would need to move to the new device picking implementation in DD5, but for the time being, it should be able to register and pick its devices just fine. I don't use DD Equip myself and never have, so I can't say if it would need further changes than that. But I haven't seen any reports about any breakage with DD5 so far.

Hopefully this is okay but here's a preliminary test for a consolidated SliderGroup for the DD Framework. The goal is to be able to build everything for DD by only selecting a single group in BodySlide and running Batch Build. Right now you may have to select several groups to build everything and it's possible users might not select all the groups needed to build everything required for DD.

DD Framework CBBE.xml DD Framework UUNP.xml

Drop these into your Skyrim\Data\CalienteTools\BodySlide\SliderGroups folder. In BodySlide the only group you should need now is DD Framework CBBE or DD Framework UUNP, obviously depending on the body type you're using. Non-HDT and HDT options should still appear when you run Batch Build.

The best way to test the new, singular SliderGroup file is either with a clean install of the DD Framework and before you've built anything or you have manually cleaned the DD .nif files out. I did check a fair number of devices in-game, both CBBE and UUNP, and checked the various device folders for any missing .nifs but more people checking if everything was built is very helpful.

The only thing I didn't include at the moment is the Beast Race Refits, those still need to be built separately for now.

Kimy, did you find the time to check the modified gag nif's I posted a few pages back? If it needs some things adjusted let me know so they perhaps are in time for DD5's release :) 

1 hour ago, UnEvenSteven said:

Hopefully this is okay but here's a preliminary test for a consolidated SliderGroup for the DD Framework. The goal is to be able to build everything for DD by only selecting a single group in BodySlide and running Batch Build. Right now you may have to select several groups to build everything and it's possible users might not select all the groups needed to build everything required for DD.

DD Framework CBBE.xml 17.15 kB · 0 downloads DD Framework UUNP.xml 29.17 kB · 2 downloads

Drop these into your Skyrim\Data\CalienteTools\BodySlide\SliderGroups folder. In BodySlide the only group you should need now is DD Framework CBBE or DD Framework UUNP, obviously depending on the body type you're using. Non-HDT and HDT options should still appear when you run Batch Build.

The best way to test the new, singular SliderGroup file is either with a clean install of the DD Framework and before you've built anything or you have manually cleaned the DD .nif files out. I did check a fair number of devices in-game, both CBBE and UUNP, and checked the various device folders for any missing .nifs but more people checking if everything was built is very helpful.

Fantastic. If they're confirmed working, they will go right in! :)

1 hour ago, UnEvenSteven said:

The only thing I didn't include at the moment is the Beast Race Refits, those still need to be built separately for now.

That's actually good, because Beast Race is an optional component of DD. People might or might not have it installed, so a separate slider set makes 100% sense! :)

1 hour ago, naaitsab said:

Kimy, did you find the time to check the modified gag nif's I posted a few pages back? If it needs some things adjusted let me know so they perhaps are in time for DD5's release :) 

Ooops, need to have a look at these, still! :)

4 hours ago, Kimy said:

Yeah, I will put it on DCL's bug list. Good find, though! :)

EDIT: Nevermind. I don't think I can fix this on DCL's end. But I guess checking for whether or not a NPC is in combat before calling UpdateWeight() would solve the problem just nicely, and not just for DCL.

Actually, now that I've dug deeper - yes, you can, and no, I don't think this is a combat problem. I've looked into Dollmaker script, and now I strongly believe the problem is in iteraction between libs.PlayerRef.PushActorAway(t, 15.0)  and  akActor.UpdateWeight(0). After commenting out first one, I've not seen this flying bandit problem once. So - this is in dcur_restraintsonhitEff.psc, line about 36. Also, disabling UpdateWeight in combat would not fix it - because non-heavy bondage equips happen without pacifying, and lead to same problem.

I think i've encountered a bug/glitch when i try to use any of the DD contraptions my charater is stripped naked even if she is wearing cursed stuff (or anything at all even other devices) wich afaik should not be able to be removed.

Is this a bug or is it intentional or did i do something  wrong?

Question, will it be possible to enchant restrictive gloves/boots/corsets in the future? cause they don't appear to be enchantable rn.

7 hours ago, Kimy said:

In the long run, DD Equip would need to move to the new device picking implementation in DD5, but for the time being, it should be able to register and pick its devices just fine. I don't use DD Equip myself and never have, so I can't say if it would need further changes than that. But I haven't seen any reports about any breakage with DD5 so far.

The scripts are a bit tricky to follow, but I'm only seeing calls to register DDe's devices as generics in DDe. All the device selection seems to be done inside the mod itself.

@Kimy Definitely need to give a couple of days at least to see if any reports appear regarding invisible devices when building devices with the new SliderGroup file. I'll do some more testing myself with the CBBE version since at the time of this post more have downloaded the UUNP version.

Now that the filter works again it also breaks NPC-NPC scenes again if they wear any plugs. Means one gets stuck in a solo animation while the other just stands there, often the scene never finishes unless User debugs the situation.

The new straitjacket/catsuit combo gets regularly unequipped and equipped during NPC-NPC action thus breaking the scene.

If the PC wears plugs no sexlab scene is possible, only a short solo animation for the PC and a solo animation for the NPC that also gets stuck like the NPC-NPC scenes.

Workaround would be to deactivate the filter, but that seems not be possible anymore (DD 8a), means DD 8 worked better because the filter didn't work.

I think i've encountered a bug/glitch when i try to use any of the DD contraptions my charater is stripped naked even if she is wearing cursed stuff (or anything at all even other devices) wich afaik should not be able to be removed.

Is this a bug, is it intentional or did i do something wrong somewhere?

2 hours ago, donttouchmethere said:

Now that the filter works again it also breaks NPC-NPC scenes again if they wear any plugs. Means one gets stuck in a solo animation while the other just stands there, often the scene never finishes unless User debugs the situation.

The new straitjacket/catsuit combo gets regularly unequipped and equipped during NPC-NPC action thus breaking the scene.

If the PC wears plugs no sexlab scene is possible, only a short solo animation for the PC and a solo animation for the NPC that also gets stuck like the NPC-NPC scenes.

Workaround would be to deactivate the filter, but that seems not be possible anymore (DD 8a), means DD 8 worked better because the filter didn't work.

Have me a log of such a scene?

18 minutes ago, titlover123 said:

Is this a bug, is it intentional or did i do something wrong somewhere?

Depends on the setting of the furniture device. Some are set to remove all clothing, for others it should just remove all restraints that aren't compatible with the device. For most devices, that's any wrist restraints or suits.

Don't worry about the "removal". It won't break a thing and the restraints will be back upon release from the furniture device.

19 minutes ago, Kimy said:

Depends on the setting of the furniture device. Some are set to remove all clothing, for others it should just remove all restraints that aren't compatible with the device. For most devices, that's any wrist restraints or suits.

Don't worry about the "removal". It won't break a thing and the restraints will be back upon release from the furniture device.

How do i see the settings of a contraption? i don't think i've ever seen the instructions for them anywhere.