Devious Devices Framework Development/Beta

Looks like you've got tags and devices backwards (the red/blue-highlighted cells contain tags, the entries below/right of them are references devices), but otherwise makes sense.

LOL, that's an artifact from when I went back and forth on how to organize those four times. All I can say is, thank gods for Excel's "transpose rows and columns" ability.  :D

I'll fix it. ;)

I've gotten a request to add this to the wiki. I would like to do so - and I promise to keep it current when new devices come out! - but I don't have the ability to create new pages on the wiki.

(for that matter, I don't know if it's possible to upload files to a wiki)

If it's not too much trouble, could I be allowed to edit the wiki and add this?

If you don't want to give permission for that (I really am trustworthy, I promise  :ph34r:  :dodgy: ) could one of y'all do so? I'll make sure to keep it current, and either post updates here or via PM, whatever works best.

If you simply don't want to clutter up the wiki with something I assume most people wouldn't find useful, I completely understand that too. :)

Fixed transposed tags/devices, and added Captured Dreams devices.

DD tag and device list.7z

post-462261-0-34833300-1492662619_thumb.jpg

post-462261-0-85358800-1492662613_thumb.jpg

post-462261-0-48616900-1492662624_thumb.jpg

There's been something that has been bugging me for a long time now.

I've mentioned this before (in the official topic), yet nobody's bothered to fix it properly.

In the DD Expansion, particularly the Black Ebonite Panel Gag, when worn half of it becomes the non ebonite version. I found this to be a problem with the armor addon for the gag. It links to the original non ebonite gag instead of the ebonite one.

I fixed it by making the changes to the file via TES5Edit.

I've uploaded the modified .esm file.

If there's a new update, then could you please use the edited one I have as a reference to fix the official one. Thank you.

Devious Devices - Expansion.esm

I have a question that's probably a really stupid one...

Is it possible to dynamically shorten and lengthen skeleton bones in-game?

For example, if you wanted to add a new armbinder like this:

You'd have to chop off the hands as normal, then animate the arms in a different position. And you'd have to do this for every new armbinder-type device (or every new device that requires any similar shenanigans) you want to add.

By altering the skeleton when the device is applied and then putting it back to normal when removed, you'd eliminate the need to have to do some extra work.

I was going to suggest something like the Amputator Framework, but all that does is replace the limb with an invisible armor piece, which would require taking up another body slot. And... I have the sneaky suspicion that any suggestion to change or add body slots  on items will probably put an angry mob at my door.  :D

If you could do that, I think it might simplify doing something like this:

attachicon.gif1.jpg

Or this one. You could just model the device to look like arms and legs but not have to worry about how to animate the limbs.

attachicon.gif2.jpg

not sure if it's the correct thing you are looking for. http://www.loverslab.com/files/file/3088-amputator-framework/ but i think it could work

I have a question that's probably a really stupid one...

Is it possible to dynamically shorten and lengthen skeleton bones in-game?

For example, if you wanted to add a new armbinder like this:

You'd have to chop off the hands as normal, then animate the arms in a different position. And you'd have to do this for every new armbinder-type device (or every new device that requires any similar shenanigans) you want to add.

By altering the skeleton when the device is applied and then putting it back to normal when removed, you'd eliminate the need to have to do some extra work.

I was going to suggest something like the Amputator Framework, but all that does is replace the limb with an invisible armor piece, which would require taking up another body slot. And... I have the sneaky suspicion that any suggestion to change or add body slots  on items will probably put an angry mob at my door.  biggrin.png

If you could do that, I think it might simplify doing something like this:

attachicon.gif1.jpg

Or this one. You could just model the device to look like arms and legs but not have to worry about how to animate the limbs.

attachicon.gif2.jpg

not sure if it's the correct thing you are looking for. http://www.loverslab.com/files/file/3088-amputator-framework/ but i think it could work

He did mention that one in the post you're replying to...

So I read the OP but I still dont understand what this framework is trying to achieve that the previous DDs dont already have.

from what i understand, it isn't about what wasn't here, but about what was here that shouldn't lol

a framework is supposed to give mods a way to have the same basis so they can all work together. it shouldn't decide for those mods what they can do or not with it, the difficulty etc...

the old framework use a system that decide how to lock and the difficulty of the devices to escape and all. but that's limiting a lot what the mods can do.

look at cursed loot. kimy is forced to write custom scripts for every devices that doesn't work the way devious device say it must...

the new framework will let mods authors decide more easily these kind of things.

Yups, that's our goal for this update. The last major release was very much focused on adding pretty toys for users to play with but it didn't add that much value to the framework itself. This time we're focusing more on the API side of things, as well as cleaning up and optimising our internal systems so that we can make the implementation of new devices easy not only for third party modders but also for ourselves.

Next up on our agenda is reworking the way arms restraints work, reducing it from 4 different components down to as few as possible. The current armbinder implementation doesn't lend itself well to expansion but with all the new arms restraints types in the pipeline (and even more planned) we need to first develop a system that doesn't drive me up the wall.

One problem I found with the elbowbinder is that it won't animate properly with only my hands disappearing and nothing else that is unless I save then load with the thing on. Curiously this particular armbinder has a different idle animation than what I set. Is that intentional? Never the less I'm stuck in position even when taking it off.

post-816100-0-93410100-1492813868_thumb.jpg

With current development build I have many errors related to libs_var from dd and dcur. Here is example:

[04/24/2017 - 01:01:43PM] Error: Unable to link types associated with function "ApplyPlugEffects" in state "" on object "zadPlugChargeableEffect".
[04/24/2017 - 01:01:43PM] Error: Unable to link type of variable "::libs_var" on object "zadTrainingEffect"
[04/24/2017 - 01:01:43PM] Error: Unable to link type of property "libs" on object "zadTrainingEffect"
[04/24/2017 - 01:01:43PM] Error: Unable to link type of variable "::libs_var" on object "zadArmbinderEffect"
[04/24/2017 - 01:01:43PM] Error: Unable to link type of property "libs" on object "zadArmbinderEffect"
[04/24/2017 - 01:01:43PM] Error: Unable to link type of variable "::libs_var" on object "zadActivateVibratorSpell"
[04/24/2017 - 01:01:43PM] Error: Unable to link type of property "libs" on object "zadActivateVibratorSpell"
[04/24/2017 - 01:01:43PM] Error: Unable to link type of variable "::libs_var" on object "zadBraEffect"
[04/24/2017 - 01:01:43PM] Error: Unable to link type of property "libs" on object "zadBraEffect"
[04/24/2017 - 01:01:43PM] Error: Unable to link type of variable "::libs_var" on object "zadYokeEffect"
[04/24/2017 - 01:01:43PM] Error: Unable to link type of property "libs" on object "zadYokeEffect"
[04/24/2017 - 01:01:43PM] Error: Unable to link type of variable "::libs_var" on object "zadGagEffect"
[04/24/2017 - 01:01:43PM] Error: Unable to link type of property "libs" on object "zadGagEffect"
[04/24/2017 - 01:01:43PM] Error: Unable to link type of variable "::libs_var" on object "zadShockVibEffect"
[04/24/2017 - 01:01:43PM] Error: Unable to link type of property "libs" on object "zadShockVibEffect"
[04/24/2017 - 01:01:43PM] Error: Unable to link types associated with function "OnVibrateStop" in state "" on object "zadShockVibEffect".

With stable build all is ok.

Mmmm it's probably the lock rework, a lot of code was changed. Do you also get those errors on a new game?

Also: new build up on the DDi repo! Bound Combat support added for Elbowbinder, BBYoke and Front Cuffs (although the latter two don't exist yet, don't try to look fro them ^^) as well as reworked the combat animations for Armbinder and Yoke.

The old animations were moved to the Cedec0 variant in the installer.

FNIS rerun required.

Yes, I started new game each time when searched source of errors.

Lastest dev build->new game->log contains errors.

Lastest official build->new game->no those errors. (I dint want to play game when log full of errors when new game started.

Edit:

with stable build i have someting like following (may be it helps):

[04/24/2017 - 01:21:35PM] [Zad]: adding tag Legs for Cuffs (Leather) (Legs)
[04/24/2017 - 01:21:35PM] [Zad]: adding tag Cuffs for Cuffs (Leather) (Legs)
[04/24/2017 - 01:21:35PM] [Zad]: adding tag DDi for Collar (Leather)
[04/24/2017 - 01:21:35PM] [Zad]: adding tag Short for Collar (Leather)
[04/24/2017 - 01:21:35PM] [Zad]: adding tag black for Collar (Leather)
[04/24/2017 - 01:21:35PM] [Zad]: adding tag Leather for Collar (Leather)
[04/24/2017 - 01:21:35PM] [Zad]: adding tag Collar for Collar (Leather)
[04/24/2017 - 01:21:35PM] [Zad]: adding tag DDi for Black Harness

New wrist restraint code is up. Obviously needs thorough testing. There is only one restraint in DDI making use of the new code right now - it's called "Armbinder Mk II" (you need to console it, it's not available in game). The old devices should still work like they used to, other than all wrist restraints now allow viewing the inventory. Using weapons or equipping armor should still be impossible, though.

New wrist restraint code is up. Obviously needs thorough testing. There is only one restraint in DDI making use of the new code right now - it's called "Armbinder Mk II" (you need to console it, it's not available in game). The old devices should still work like they used to, other than all wrist restraints now allow viewing the inventory. Using weapons or equipping armor should still be impossible, though.

ok, trying out the Mk II right now. it stop me from using weapons or equipping, and i can access inventory, no problem. i don't see any problem in the animation while walking etc...

when opening in the inventory, the menu says :

- put it on (its already on so i don't think that intended lol)

-Unlock (i have no key, but when clicking on it, it tells me that i try using the key without success; and trying again that i'm too tired... again i don't have a key)

- try to escape (seems to work correctly as far as i tested it)

in any case great work ^^

edit :

when i put it on, no menu at all, it just put it on, seems like it's not intended

Found a couple of problems.

The first is after removing a chastity belt and having high arousal (and the masterbate on removal is checked), no masterbation animation plays like it used to. Could you please look into and restore this?

The second is with the vaginal inflatable plug. I go to check up on it, then it just ends up sending my character over the edge as if I clicked the squeeze option.

EDIT: It seems that the bump pumps chance must've occured when this scenario happened. My bad.

This is with the latest version of this beta, and I have run FNIS (Have the latest version too).

EDIT 2: Found yet another problem. Before, you could have your followers equip DD items, but now I'm unable to do so. The dialogue boxes don't appear and they don't equip at all.

Edited by HyperonicX

Is it normal if straitjacket works like light verion of armbinder (like if i disable hardcore effects)? I can open inventory, but hardcore effect turned on

i'm not sure if it's intended that way, but since i began using the development DD, i can open inventory with all armbinders.

also i noticed something with the MK2 armbinder, once removed, the hands stay locked behind the character. even with equipping and using a weapon, once sheathed, the hands go back behind. i tried another armbinder just after that, and once removed it worked as usual. not sure what happened lol

From githubs development build change notes:

"

This makes it much easier to implement new wrist restraints. No more
extra quests and extra effect scripts. Wrist restraints now use the
exact same code every other restraint is using. They no longer prevent
viewing the inventory, but you still cannot equip weapons or armor while
wearing one. This gives wrist restraints much more flexibility, as they
now also can use the standard escape system, allowing things like
lockable armbinders or cutting out of them, even.

Old devices should still work the old way. The only change to them is
that they also allow inventory access."

lockable armbinders? hmm, who would implement such a thing I wonder lol.

will the old restriction system get replaced? i liked not being able to open the map. it gave a better feeling of being helpless and lost. also having the inventory restriction gave some nice spice, since you had to find something that can be used as a "tool" like a edge of chest to wiggle out stuff. yea im bad at describing things^^'

or does it really have to go for the greater good?

will the old restriction system get replaced? i liked not being able to open the map. it gave a better feeling of being helpless and lost. also having the inventory restriction gave some nice spice, since you had to find something that can be used as a "tool" like a edge of chest to wiggle out stuff. yea im bad at describing things^^'
or does it really have to go for the greater good?

well in term of restriction, thinking of reality, an armbinder isn't going to stop from looking at what's around you, so you'll know where you can go. so being able to see the map doesn't shock me. same thing with inventory. being able to see what is in it isn't that surprising in my opinion, as long as you can't use freely what's inside it lol.

what i love about the new system is that now i can use tab without having to worry about the pop-ups lol

will the old restriction system get replaced? i liked not being able to open the map

That restriction was always very easy to circumvent (you could access the map via the quest log), so it was a restriction only if you allowed it to. Letting it go won't really change much, tbh. What was changed really only affected the "out of character" interactions, like looking at the inventory, or the map. Your character is every single bit as helpless when tied as she has been before.