Devious Devices Framework Development/Beta

1 hour ago, Kimy said:

By the standards of a person who will never ever commit to ETAs it was about as precise as it gets! :tongue:

Committing to ETAs only leads to half-assed rushed jobs or missed schedules requiring apologies and there will still be those who are inevitably pissed off because you didn't do a half-assed rush job so please don't ever change to giving them.

3 hours ago, WaxenFigure said:

No one has yet figured out how to add more perk trees, to have a "new" perk tree some existing perk tree has to be replaced.

Hmm, but there are alternative approaches

Please have a look at Chesko's Campfire mod https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/64798 .

He implemented a complete tree system in an impressively immersive way :classic_biggrin:

The point is: it IS possible.

9 hours ago, WaxenFigure said:

No one has yet figured out how to add more perk trees, to have a "new" perk tree some existing perk tree has to be replaced.

Is it possible to add perks to existing trees? The speech skill tree could have Gag Talk nodes placed in it. One or more of the combat trees could have bound combat nodes in them. The lock picking tree could also have a few devious tings added to it.

UnEvenSteven that leg binder looks awesome and I would love to see it added.

If a devious perk tree is added, it could create an incentive to remained bound for a while if experience for that tree is only gained through bound actions.

A few ideas for bound perks:

Combat Branch

Bound Combat: Bound combat damage is increased by 1% per level.

Heeled Combat:  Bound combat damage increased by 20% while wearing heels (does not apply to pony boots).

Vigorous Combat: You fight with all your might increasing bound combat damage by 10% but the extra movement may cause your bindings to tighten up so much that struggling out of them becomes impossible. (In combat on every hit there is a small chance that a randomly selected worn restraint will get a critical struggle failure [perhaps show message to the player when this happens?] ).

Mitten Magic: You learn to cast spells while wearing mittens but the mittens absorb 30% of the magic cast to power its lock shield for 4 hours. (30% increased magic cost for all spells and every time a spell is cast the lock shield is reset to 4 hours). 

Combat Removal: You try to twist your body so that your straps and locks take the blows from your enemies. There is small chance that a worn restraint is damaged enough to fall off but there is also a small chance you damage a lock so badly it can only be removed by a blacksmith or combat. (does not effect quest items).

Escape Branch:

Nimble Fingers: Your lock picking chance is increased by .25% per lock pick skill. (Max increased chance is capped at 25%).

Aggressive Picking: You apply more force in your lock picking attempts. 10% grater chance to pick successfully but if you fail there is a 50% your broken pick will be stuck in the lock.

Methodical Picking:  You probe every point in the lock looking for a weakness. 10% grater chance to pick successfully but if you fail there is a 50% the lock shield will reset for 4 to 8 hours.

Steady Struggle: Your struggling chance for escape is increased by .5% for every 10 points of stamina. (Max increased chance is capped at 25%).

Aggressive Struggling: You apply more force in your struggling attempts. 10% grater chance to struggle out successfully but if you fail there is a 50% your bindings to tighten up so much that struggling out of them becomes impossible.

Blade skills: Your cutting chance is increased by .25% per One Handed weapon skill. (Max increased chance is capped at 25%).

Celestial Assistance: (Once a day power) You call to the heavens for help! There is a 25% chance a ghost will appear and remove your bindings, a 25% chance nothing will happen, and a 50% chance the gods will spite you and reset the lock shield on all your items for 48 to 60 hours. Note: the ghost will not remove quest items or items protected by an active lock shield.

Speech Branch:

Talented Tongue: Experienced with a gag, you are more likely to be understood by others. (One or more levels on this perk)

Vulnerable Allure: 20% Better prices while visibly bound but shopkeepers are 20% more likely to keep you that way by gifting you extra restrains or stealing your keys.

Pleading Eyes: You have mastered the helpless look and people are more likely to feel sympathy and remove your gag but there is now a small chance people will blindfold or hood you instead. (Does not work if wearing a blindfold or hood).

Misc Branch:

Pony Girl: While wearing hooves you move 20% faster but now have a 20% to be staggered when hit.

Slave Girl: While wearing a slave collar and a restrictive restraint (armbinder or yoke) bandits and forsworn are unlikely to attack you.

Service Girl: You have become an expert at servicing men and they will tip you for your service but there is a small chance they will gift you a restraint as well. (Tip size is random, small chance for a big tip).

I'm sure others could come up with far more creative and devious perks. I like the idea that most perks give both a benefit and a draw back. Perks involving key finding and breaking chances would be good too.

On 2/17/2018 at 7:21 AM, SirCrazy said:

UnEvenSteven that leg binder looks awesome and I would love to see it added.

If a devious perk tree is added, it could create an incentive to remained bound for a while if experience for that tree is only gained through bound actions.

A few ideas for bound perks:

Combat Branch

Bound Combat: Bound combat damage is increased by 1% per level.

Heeled Combat:  Bound combat damage increased by 20% while wearing heels (does not apply to pony boots).

Vigorous Combat: You fight with all your might increasing bound combat damage by 10% but the extra movement may cause your bindings to tighten up so much that struggling out of them becomes impossible. (In combat on every hit there is a small chance that a randomly selected worn restraint will get a critical struggle failure [perhaps show message to the player when this happens?] ).

Mitten Magic: You learn to cast spells while wearing mittens but the mittens absorb 30% of the magic cast to power its lock shield for 4 hours. (30% increased magic cost for all spells and every time a spell is cast the lock shield is reset to 4 hours). 

Combat Removal: You try to twist your body so that your straps and locks take the blows from your enemies. There is small chance that a worn restraint is damaged enough to fall off but there is also a small chance you damage a lock so badly it can only be removed by a blacksmith or combat. (does not effect quest items).

Escape Branch:

Nimble Fingers: Your lock picking chance is increased by .25% per lock pick skill. (Max increased chance is capped at 25%).

Aggressive Picking: You apply more force in your lock picking attempts. 10% grater chance to pick successfully but if you fail there is a 50% your broken pick will be stuck in the lock.

Methodical Picking:  You probe every point in the lock looking for a weakness. 10% grater chance to pick successfully but if you fail there is a 50% the lock shield will reset for 4 to 8 hours.

Steady Struggle: Your struggling chance for escape is increased by .5% for every 10 points of stamina. (Max increased chance is capped at 25%).

Aggressive Struggling: You apply more force in your struggling attempts. 10% grater chance to struggle out successfully but if you fail there is a 50% your bindings to tighten up so much that struggling out of them becomes impossible.

Blade skills: Your cutting chance is increased by .25% per One Handed weapon skill. (Max increased chance is capped at 25%).

Celestial Assistance: (Once a day power) You call to the heavens for help! There is a 25% chance a ghost will appear and remove your bindings, a 25% chance nothing will happen, and a 50% chance the gods will spite you and reset the lock shield on all your items for 48 to 60 hours. Note: the ghost will not remove quest items or items protected by an active lock shield.

Speech Branch:

Talented Tongue: Experienced with a gag, you are more likely to be understood by others. (One or more levels on this perk)

Vulnerable Allure: 20% Better prices while visibly bound but shopkeepers are 20% more likely to keep you that way by gifting you extra restrains or stealing your keys.

Pleading Eyes: You have mastered the helpless look and people are more likely to feel sympathy and remove your gag but there is now a small chance people will blindfold or hood you instead. (Does not work if wearing a blindfold or hood).

Misc Branch:

Pony Girl: While wearing hooves you move 20% faster but now have a 20% to be staggered when hit.

Slave Girl: While wearing a slave collar and a restrictive restraint (armbinder or yoke) bandits and forsworn are unlikely to attack you.

Service Girl: You have become an expert at servicing men and they will tip you for your service but there is a small chance they will gift you a restraint as well. (Tip size is random, small chance for a big tip).

I'm sure others could come up with far more creative and devious perks. I like the idea that most perks give both a benefit and a draw back. Perks involving key finding and breaking chances would be good too.

@SirCrazylove your ideas, I have an idea for an bound combat system.

For fighting while bound maybe set it so that the damage you do is proportional to how horny you are. So it'll be a buff of some sort, For example :

Masochist/pain-slut : Taking damage increases arousal proportionally. 

Aroused desperation : The more aroused the player is, the more damage will done per attack while bound , the risk and reward of this would be that there will be an incentive to get aroused to do more damage, but if arousal hits 100 the player will begin to orgasm and will therefore be unable to fight back until orgasm ends, so its a double edged sword really. The player will have to get arousal as high as possible, then avoid taking damage while dealing damage. 

Any plans for adding an armor ignore list for the device hider?

For example, Bikini Maiden bra's use slot 32 mostly, same with catsuits and zipsuit for example in DD.
I have chastity belt's and bra's, piercings and corsets/harnesses hidden so they don't show up for zipsuits and catsuit, as they should.

So this also unfortunately applies to the bra's from Bikini maiden, and so it doesn't show corsets and belts while wearing only a bra :classic_wacko:

This makes me either disable and enable the hider everytime or just live with just wearing bra and magically invisible corsets haha.

What I would love to see in the near / distant future, is a page in the DD MCM where I can add the current equipped armor, that when equipped disables the device hider until the item is unequipped, which re-enables the hider.

I would assume that it kinda works similar to the SOS armor reveal option, but I know I am completely wrong :classic_tongue:

5 hours ago, SpaceHamst3r said:

Any plans for adding an armor ignore list for the device hider?

For example, Bikini Maiden bra's use slot 32 mostly, same with catsuits and zipsuit for example in DD.
I have chastity belt's and bra's, piercings and corsets/harnesses hidden so they don't show up for zipsuits and catsuit, as they should.

So this also unfortunately applies to the bra's from Bikini maiden, and so it doesn't show corsets and belts while wearing only a bra :classic_wacko:

This makes me either disable and enable the hider everytime or just live with just wearing bra and magically invisible corsets haha.

What I would love to see in the near / distant future, is a page in the DD MCM where I can add the current equipped armor, that when equipped disables the device hider until the item is unequipped, which re-enables the hider.

I would assume that it kinda works similar to the SOS armor reveal option, but I know I am completely wrong :classic_tongue:

You can use xEdit to tag an armor with a keyword that includes "NoHide" in its name to disable the device hider for it. You can either create your own keyword or use the one from DDi ("zad_NoHide").

21 minutes ago, chaimhewast said:

You can use xEdit to tag an armor with a keyword that includes "NoHide" in its name to disable the device hider for it. You can either create your own keyword or use the one from DDi ("zad_NoHide").

Damn, I was well aware that there was some keyword for it, but couldn't find it at all.
This does the job perfectly, thanks :smile:

23 minutes ago, chaimhewast said:

It would still be nice to see this in the feature, but I have no idea how hard it would be to implement or if people apart from me would actually want this.

I had an idea for a new item for a while now, finally decided to suggest it here in case somebody looks for inspiration. 

An anal hook attached to a collar. Counts as plug, no special treatment necessary. Might require a key, though. Walking/running animations where the head or whole back is forced back a bit would be awesome but i guess too much work.

A few quick notes: I think for a/the version after 4.1 the device hider system is in dire need of an overhaul, especially after Corsets and Straitjackets got added. The reason being, that for some equipment pieces you want to hide different pieces, e.g. I want to hide bras when wearing a Steel Armor, but I don't want to hide them when I'm wearing an open straitjacket.

I think, that the menu should show a list of equipment you have configured (plus a generic/standard configuration) and by selecting that equipment you can specify which slots to hide. If a user wants to deviate from the generic config he simply adds the equipment to the list and configures the slots. Example: By default i want to hide arm cuffs, bras, piercings, straitjackets and collars when wearing a chest armour piece. However when i'm wearing a fur armor with bare torso I only want to hide bras and piercings. This would also allow to declutter the device hider menu and would also solve @SpaceHamst3r's problem in one fell swoop.

Note on perks and bound combat:

I think changes, other than slight balancing improvements, to bound combat should wait until a perk has been implemented. Although Kimy is reluctant to add new dependencies, I think Campfire seriously bring something to the table. Not only does it give you an easy way to add new perk trees, it also gives you an easy hook into progression, respec and refund. It also offers a way to place static items and combine new items out of already existing items.

On ‎2018‎-‎02‎-‎23 at 2:00 AM, Nazzzgul666 said:

I had an idea for a new item for a while now, finally decided to suggest it here in case somebody looks for inspiration. 

An anal hook attached to a collar. Counts as plug, no special treatment necessary. Might require a key, though. Walking/running animations where the head or whole back is forced back a bit would be awesome but i guess too much work.

Hehe if someone made the art assets for that, I'd put it in Shout Like a Virgin real fast.

I'm fairly new to Lover's Lab and I've only been using the Devious Devious framework a few weeks.  I really like a lot of this and I thank the developers who worked on it.  A few areas seem like they could use a little love though, so I found this discussion and I'm offering a few constructive suggestions for consideration. 

Key Breakage.  I've never had a key break in real life, but in the game this happens with some frequency.  In my game, keys are rare and precious items, and I really do not expect them to break, ever.  I definitely don't need a key sink.  (I'm wondering how a craftsman could stay in business making shoddy goods.  When a master comes home after a long day and has the key break when unlocking his slave, he's going to be pissed.)  

I browsed the forums and saw the suggestion to adjust the difficulty slider down to get around key breakage.  Unfortunately, for me, that's like using a hammer to fine-tune a watch.  I want struggling to escape to be difficult, and I like the challenge I get with the difficulty set where it is.  I just don't want keys breaking.  Suggestion:  Add an option to MCM to turn off key breakage.  This is in line with current major games like XCOM 2, which have one difficulty setting but many toggles for various features that players might not want.  As it stands, I have to save before using a key and reload if it breaks, which really pulls me out of the game and feels unnecessary.  (Very minor point, but the breakage message says "when it try to turn it, it suddenly breaks" rather than "when you try to turn it".)

Blacksmiths  Presumably these devious devices are crafted by blacksmiths, and can be removed by them for a fee.  I'd like to be able to approach one for help removing restraints.  Maybe he'll help, maybe he'll rape or enslave me, or maybe just laugh, but that seems like a reasonable thing to be able to try.  I found one mod that attempted to do this, but it was pretty old and worked so poorly (at least with the current version of the framework) that I quickly had to remove it.  Right now my only option if I'm truly stuck is to approach the Master in the Captured Dreams Shop, who's rather finicky.  It just seems like there should be a generic way to seek help (with a reasonable risk of negative reaction) from vanilla game characters.  So I'd like to suggest a way to approach a blacksmith for help.  

44 minutes ago, HexBolt8 said:

Blacksmiths  Presumably these devious devices are crafted by blacksmiths, and can be removed by them for a fee.  I'd like to be able to approach one for help removing restraints.

With Devious Device Helpers a blacksmith will remove some items, with or without a key, for a fee.  Your player's follower will also remove the same items but a key is required.  This mod is not exactly what you are looking for and is still under construction.  I will prevent key breakage from stopping your game progression though.

Thanks TurboNerd, I'll keep on an eye on that mod as it progresses.  I personally don't use followers, and the blacksmith option (to me) seems too tame, as I saw no chance that a pervy blacksmith might take advantage.  It would allow my game progression to continue on key breakage though, and that's good. 

3 hours ago, HexBolt8 said:

Blacksmiths  Presumably these devious devices are crafted by blacksmiths, and can be removed by them for a fee.  I'd like to be able to approach one for help removing restraints.  Maybe he'll help, maybe he'll rape or enslave me, or maybe just laugh, but that seems like a reasonable thing to be able to try.  I found one mod that attempted to do this, but it was pretty old and worked so poorly (at least with the current version of the framework) that I quickly had to remove it.  Right now my only option if I'm truly stuck is to approach the Master in the Captured Dreams Shop, who's rather finicky.  It just seems like there should be a generic way to seek help (with a reasonable risk of negative reaction) from vanilla game characters.  So I'd like to suggest a way to approach a blacksmith for help.  

You can get something like you want from cursed loot, although if I recall, it's merchants (not blacksmiths) that you can ask there. But the risk of rape, more devices, or worse* is there.

*Worse= covered in devices and dropped of somewhere random, and needing to get back. There's also 1 or 2 other options I can't remember for the "worse" bit.

Yeah I looked at Cursed Loot, and while it has some features that I really like quite a lot (flash bang traps look fun), it also has a bunch of stuff baked in that I don't want and that can't be turned off or ignored.  So besides the frustration of having a metal key break, it just felt weird that no one in the world sees a person in restraints and has the least desire to help.  Cursed Loot would help with the second issue, but it would also alter my game in ways that I just don't want. 

Thank you for the suggestions though, I appreciate the attempts to help. 

6 hours ago, HexBolt8 said:

I'm fairly new to Lover's Lab and I've only been using the Devious Devious framework a few weeks.  I really like a lot of this and I thank the developers who worked on it.  A few areas seem like they could use a little love though, so I found this discussion and I'm offering a few constructive suggestions for consideration. 

Key Breakage.  I've never had a key break in real life, but in the game this happens with some frequency.  In my game, keys are rare and precious items, and I really do not expect them to break, ever.  I definitely don't need a key sink.  (I'm wondering how a craftsman could stay in business making shoddy goods.  When a master comes home after a long day and has the key break when unlocking his slave, he's going to be pissed.)  

I browsed the forums and saw the suggestion to adjust the difficulty slider down to get around key breakage.  Unfortunately, for me, that's like using a hammer to fine-tune a watch.  I want struggling to escape to be difficult, and I like the challenge I get with the difficulty set where it is.  I just don't want keys breaking.  Suggestion:  Add an option to MCM to turn off key breakage.  This is in line with current major games like XCOM 2, which have one difficulty setting but many toggles for various features that players might not want.  As it stands, I have to save before using a key and reload if it breaks, which really pulls me out of the game and feels unnecessary.  (Very minor point, but the breakage message says "when it try to turn it, it suddenly breaks" rather than "when you try to turn it".)

If you are ambitious, have time to spend and/or are a SkyProc wizard you could make your own patch.

If you fire up Creation Kit, Select open and then double click on DDx, DDi, DDa, etc. and open them up, you can go to "Items", "Armor", "Devices", then type "Inventory" into the filter you will get a long list of device types.  Double click on an inventory device.  Then select the script and click Properties in the "Scripts" box.  You will get a list of properties fed to the script by the device.  Among them are "BaseEscapeChance", "CatastrophicFailureChance", "CutDeviceEscapeChance", "KeyBreakChance", "LockAccessDifficulty", "LockJamChance", "LockPickEscapeChance", "RepairCooldown", "RepairJammedLockChance", and "UnlockCooldown" which allow you to fully tailor each device.  Yes, each and every device.  Now you know why I haven't done it myself.  :smile:

SkyProc uses the Java programming language.  So perhaps you could write a loop to patch them all the same way, but I've never used SkyProc so I don't know what it's limits are.

Bug Report

If someone is belted and wearing a restrictive corset then zadLibs.GetWornDeviceFuzzyMatch (akActor, zadLibs.zad_DeviousCorset) will return "none".

Just to be clear, it works as expected when the player is not belted.

On investigation I found that tmpZRef.deviceRendered is always returning the zad_restrictiveCorset_scriptInstance even when the rendered device (due to equipped belt) should be zad_restrictiveCorsetChastity_scriptInstance or zad_restrictiveCorsetChastityOpen_scriptInstance.  Then "akActor.GetItemCount(tmpZRef.deviceRendered)" returns zero because a different version is rendered.  Note that whether the item is equipped is already tested three lines above.

Code snip from zadLibs.psc:

If kForm.HasKeyword(zad_InventoryDevice) && (akActor.IsEquipped(kForm) || akActor != playerRef)
    ObjectReference tmpORef = akActor.placeAtMe(kForm, abInitiallyDisabled = true)
    zadEquipScript tmpZRef = tmpORef as zadEquipScript
    if tmpZRef != none && tmpZRef.deviceRendered.hasKeyword(kw) && akActor.GetItemCount(tmpZRef.deviceRendered) > 0
        retval = kForm as Armor
        breakFlag = true
    Endif
    tmpORef.delete()
EndIf