Devious Devices Framework Development/Beta

Hello

I have a small problem
If I put on a latex catsuit I have an invisible body how can I remove this mistake

Body Mods Installed

CBBE

Pretty Face CBBE

Bodyslide and Studio

XP32 Maximum Skeleton

Demoniac- High Quality Glossy Female Body Texture 2K

collar, blindfold, handcuffs, leg cuffs, heels, gag, work 100%

Nipple Piercing, Latex Catsuit, Leather Dress, comes an invisible body

Sorry for Bad English Translate by Google

24 minutes ago, Schranza21 said:

Hello

I have a small problem
If I put on a latex catsuit I have an invisible body how can I remove this mistake

Body Mods Installed

CBBE

Pretty Face CBBE

Bodyslide and Studio

XP32 Maximum Skeleton

Demoniac- High Quality Glossy Female Body Texture 2K

collar, blindfold, handcuffs, leg cuffs, heels, gag, work 100%

Nipple Piercing, Latex Catsuit, Leather Dress, comes an invisible body

Sorry for Bad English Translate by Google

you need to batch build the outfits in bodyslide and outfit studio application

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys. I am having trouble with the sexlab animations. When the character has a chastity belt on...and when a sex animation is to play ....vaginal sex animations play. And while the character is gagged ...they can still perform blow jobs. This wasn't the case earlier for me. I do have sex lab animation filter on in the MCM. And is GagSFX still required ? Cause when I was playing without it...the character still moans normally despite wearing a gag. When I installed GagSFX ...then gag sounds would play properly. 

Any advise would be awesome. Thanks guys.

On 3/6/2019 at 11:10 AM, tuxagent7 said:

Hi @Kimy

I read on your patreon that you will integrate zaz 7 stuff in devious device and i think it is a good idea.

I have a question : With this integration will i be able to uninstall zaz 7 and still play with mods like Sexy bandit captive that need zaz as a dependencies ?  I hope so, it is the only mod left that i use that still use zaz 7 as a requierements

Oopps, I somehow overlooked this.

The answer is no, any existing dependency on ZAP will still be a dependency on ZAP. However, legacy mods should find it comparatively easy to switch to 100% DD if they desire, as the necessary changes can be made largely automated, using xEdit scripts.

41 minutes ago, Kimy said:

Oopps, I somehow overlooked this.

The answer is no, any existing dependency on ZAP will still be a dependency on ZAP. However, legacy mods should find it comparatively easy to switch to 100% DD if they desire, as the necessary changes can be made largely automated, using xEdit scripts.

Will you include these xEdit scripts for modders with the DD + ZaZ integration?

• 3 weeks later...

Can anyone explain to me what the DeviousSuit keyword is supposed to signify? Or more generally, when a developer would check for it?

I expected it to be on ... suits ... basically. So I thought it would always signify some kind of all-enclosing suit.

But it turns out it's also on thinks like breast yokes, hobble dresses, and straightjackets.

I guess that the purpose of this could be to signify devices that create "all-over body incompatibility" with other devices ...

In which case, you could theoretically check this, and if it's set, you can quickly establish that it's not safe to add a body-slot DD item, even if slot contention would allow it? Basically, if there's a suit keyword, you can't add another suit (which also means a hobble-dress, or a straight jacket)? 

If so, why isn't it set on items like the chain harness? Which would also block/interfere-with suits or hobble dresses?

If it isn't a pure-suit signifier, and it isn't a general body incompatibility signifier, what does it signify?

Is it simply because a chain harness isn't supposed to interfere?

But they do interfere - or at least look really wrong - especially with the nipple chains - or mittens - combined with (say) a hobble dress.

(Chloe has a yoke, plus chain harness with mittens in DCL, and it looks very strange indeed).

6 hours ago, Lupine00 said:

Can anyone explain to me what the DeviousSuit keyword is supposed to signify? Or more generally, when a developer would check for it?

I expected it to be on ... suits ... basically. So I thought it would always signify some kind of all-enclosing suit.

But it turns out it's also on thinks like breast yokes, hobble dresses, and straightjackets.

I guess that the purpose of this could be to signify devices that create "all-over body incompatibility" with other devices ...

In which case, you could theoretically check this, and if it's set, you can quickly establish that it's not safe to add a body-slot DD item, even if slot contention would allow it? Basically, if there's a suit keyword, you can't add another suit (which also means a hobble-dress, or a straight jacket)? 

If so, why isn't it set on items like the chain harness? Which would also block/interfere-with suits or hobble dresses?

If it isn't a pure-suit signifier, and it isn't a general body incompatibility signifier, what does it signify?

Is it simply because a chain harness isn't supposed to interfere?

But they do interfere - or at least look really wrong - especially with the nipple chains - or mittens - combined with (say) a hobble dress.

(Chloe has a yoke, plus chain harness with mittens in DCL, and it looks very strange indeed).

I believe it's used on items that replace the body (uses slot 32)

12 minutes ago, LazyBoot said:

I believe it's used on items that replace the body (uses slot 32)

Thanks. I guess that matches up to how it's used.

The downside of that is that having a keyword is probably most valuable to a modder for dialogue checks, but as the kinds of item this one are attached to are functionally diverse, so it's not useful for dialog checks at all.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Kimy said:

34 brand new rope restraints

:classic_happy:? ?   ?

Errrm, wait! *awkward silence*

... eeeehmm :classic_blush: ... I meant ... SMUT! IMMORAL FILTHY SMUT! Yes. That what I wanted to say. :classic_blush:

Edit: :classic_huh:Where would I find them? The github tells me that the last update was a few weeks ago. Am I looking at the right place ? ?

My totally personal wishlist for DD 4.anything:

(1) Clean up flaky slotting on hoods and gasmasks - NIFs not matching AAs, AAs with inconsistent slots, some hoods not in hair slot, etc.

(2) Self-repair function on dual/conflicting equipped devices:

e.g. If you have more than one device in a slot (some will not be properly equipped of course), the excess eventually cleanly unequip themselves - with priority for quest items being the one that is the final winner. This check could run on a fairly slow timer.

Sure it would be nice if we could stop multi-equip happening in the first place, but I don't believe the DD design makes it very easy to solve equip race-conditions.

(3) Ability to manually purge DD items from a selected NPC via MCM, including quest items, because NPCs probably shouldn't be carrying quest items.

(4) A keyword that means the item is a "catsuit".

Because the existing suit keyword is just for anything in the BODY slot - and so currently you have to find catsuits by a subtractive process (it's a suit, but it's not a hobble dress, and not a pet suit, and not a breast yoke).

(5) A keyword that means the item is a "mask" - and conceals identity, many hoods would have this, as well as actual masks.

Imagine if things you did in a devious mask weren't necessarily blamed on you?

Or SL Adventures "thane immunity" might not apply if you're masked?

Or if the dehumanising aspect made NPCs treat you worse?

A handy keyword is the first step on this journey.

(6) Rebalance item weights.

Currently, they're highly idiosyncratic. Some armbinders weight more than full suits, some supposedly heavy and encumbering full-chain sets weigh almost nothing, and so on.

Use a consistent system so that there's a 'base weight' for a class of item like a catsuit, or a corset, and then apply a moderate scale factor for the material its made of, so that metal items are overall heavier than leather or rubber. This avoids Kimy having to think about how much an item weighs, because there's just a simple calculation that gives a guide value, that might be tweaked. Look in a spreadsheet - it says ebonite armbinder wt = 1.5 - so all ebonite armbinders weigh 1.5, and we know that's always less than leather armbinders that weight 2.25, or whatever Kimy decides.

Items that really need this include the chain sets that say they weigh you down, but weigh less than some armbinders.

A lot of small items should probably have weights much less than 1, because a full set of vanilla clothes only weighs 1.

This would  help when DCL keeps filling your inventory with devices that result in you being pinned to the ground immobile due to the weight of them. A full set of bondage gear - hood, blindfold, gag, corset, armbinder, rubber-suit, collar, arm cuffs, leg cuffs, slave-boots, ankle-shackles - should only weigh a few pounds unless some items are solid metal - certainly shouldn't rival or exceed a full set of leather armor.

You can end up carrying a lot of these things, and the times I find my character suddenly frozen to the spot by an excess of corsets and armbinders are ... all too frequent.

Yes ... I know unique items in mods will be different, but those are quite rare, apart from DCL, which presumably would conform...

Too much work?

If that's the only obstacle, I'll edit them for you and you can merge in Tes5Edit.

(7) MCM menu to remove specific items.

Let those than want to be "hardcore" lock this feature off so they can't use it.

For the rest of us, allow selective repair of problems that are spoiling the game.

The strip everything, end-all-quests approach is sometimes useful, but it's a blunt instrument, and sometimes doesn't so much fix the game as end it.

(8) Spreadsheet of all standard DD items - for modders to use as a reference - with a column per keyword, weight, material type, slot, etc.

Yes. This would be a huge chore to make.

Huge. Probably the easiest way is to write a Papyrus script to spit out a CSV.

I could do that myself actually. Hmm...

2 hours ago, Lupine00 said:

(5) A keyword that means the item is a "mask" - and conceals identity, many hoods would have this, as well as actual masks.

Imagine if things you did in a devious mask weren't necessarily blamed on you?

Or SL Adventures "thane immunity" might not apply if you're masked?

Or if the dehumanising aspect made NPCs treat you worse?

A handy keyword is the first step on this journey.

I completely agree with the mask keyword idea. I've got a few personal mods that would greatly benefit from this idea.

I know I said this before. There needs to be an option to set the NPC slots less than 5. It isn't like people have 5 restrained npcs at the same time all the time. Just seems like a handful scripts that could be better used elsewhere.

17 hours ago, Darkpig said:

I know I said this before. There needs to be an option to set the NPC slots less than 5. It isn't like people have 5 restrained npcs at the same time all the time. Just seems like a handful scripts that could be better used elsewhere.

The slider used to be a minimum of 0, but it was changed to a minimum of 5 because 'everyone should have a PC that's able to support it.'

Here's the GitHub commit where it was changed, if you want to compile your own copy, without the limitation.

Increased number of NPCs processed by DD

On 5/11/2019 at 3:34 PM, Hylysi said:

The slider used to be a minimum of 0, but it was changed to a minimum of 5 because 'everyone should have a PC that's able to support it.'

Here's the GitHub commit where it was changed, if you want to compile your own copy, without the limitation.

Increased number of NPCs processed by DD

Thanks. Ah. I was kind of hoping to avoid scripting. The last time I tried to compile a script lets just say Creation Kit was being a bugger.

Yeah I'm at a loss here.

On 5/10/2019 at 9:19 PM, worik said:
On 5/10/2019 at 2:19 PM, worik said:

Edit: :classic_huh:Where would I find them? The github tells me that the last update was a few weeks ago. Am I looking at the right place ? ?

Did you make sure to change the branch from master to development in GitHub?

3 hours ago, Lordmasonworth said:

Did you make sure to change the branch from master to development in GitHub?

The development branch doesn't list any changes after 2018 either.

I have yet to test out the cloned files from the development branch as my current playthrough has to be non-lewd atm, but as soon as this playthrough is done and certain mods are uninstalled, I'll begin testing.

On 5/11/2019 at 2:45 AM, Kimy said:

All rightie! The public development phase of DD 4.3 has official begun with the merger of 34 brand new rope restraints, made by Tin! Check them out, they look awesome! :)

@Varelia: PM sent!

where may I see these new rope previews? :3