Devious Devices Framework Development/Beta

18 hours ago, zenetx said:

I didn't mean to upset anyone.

Don't worry, I don't think you (you personally) upset anyone. This site has been faced with a certain amount of ridicule, slander and negatively opinioned reviews, be it on youtube, the gaming press in general, or whereever, so I totally understand that many here now don't see publicity as a necessarily good thing for this site.

Anyway, let's just keep doing what we're doing and produce, mod, and play with kinky stuff in Skyrim or whatever other game we may get our hands on. ?

As I got tumbleweed and crickets chirping on the regular DD thread, I'll repost this here:

I'm trying to correctly formulate functions that immersively determine whether vaginal or anal sex is blocked by devices.

Basically, I want to prevent running a scene in any situation where DD filter will stick its nose in, then discover there's nothing sensible to play and fallback to belted solo.

There seem to be various devices that can block access in practice:

• belt - obviously
  • harness - if it has the belt keyword
  • hobble dress - I don't think anything with the flag set has a hole for access, so AFAICS they are also vaginal/anal chastity devices (the non-topless ones block boobs too)
  • catsuit ... not sure about these ... could go either way so I'm going to say access is allowed
  • plug - if lockable - if you can't get the plug out, you can't get the dick in
  • inflatable plug - if inflated, victim can't remove it, so how can anyone else?

Did I miss anything?

DD itself has quite similar rules, so I don't think I'm out on a limb here.

So, a couple of things I'm unsure about:

Inflatable Plugs

There's a keyword for an inflatable plug, but once you find it, you need to know about the inflation state.

I take it that the global variables zadInflatablePlugStateAnal/Vaginal always have the inflation state for the player?

My question is, what should we assume about inflatable plugs in NPCs?

It looks like any code that checks inflation has to special case the player vs NPCs, and for NPCs ... just make something up? (I assume it's locked).

It sure would have be nice if the inflation state were also on the actor in StorageUtil, so you could get it for any actor.

Topless Hobble Dresses

There seems no way to detect topless vs not in keywords, yet the non-topless ones do block boob access, even if mods have not cared about it historically, it's apparent in the rendered model, and immersively appropriate. You cannot give a boob job in one of those dresses. Or maybe you can if your boobs are bigger than your head, but it depends a bit on the individual model. Wouldn't be very pleasant though, I suspect.

In any case, there could be other reasons we want to know the dress is topless.

It seems to only way to detect a topless hobble dress is to keep a list of the their Form IDs, and then you have to go looking through worn items. Very painful.

This seems a bit of an oversight. Did I miss a flag?

Addendum - found that the rope harness is also a hobble dress that violates my assumptions, it also lacks a distinguishing keyword, that might indicate its more open nature.

None of the pony tail plugs are lockable - lockable variations would be convenient, I think? (Or did I not find them?)

Bug report:

Iron ring gag: XX01F6C8 (render) XX01F6C7 (inventory) has a ring gag model, a ring gag description, but does not have ring gag functionality.

It blocks food/drink and does not permit oral.

The locking anal plug "Plug locking (anal) XX05c99A (render) appears to render as both an anal and vaginal plug (though it functions correctly as an anal plug only).

Also, the plug above, and its vaginal counterpart, present you with a "manipulate locks" dialog, but then do not have an unlock option in their menu - unless you actually have a key.

However, if you then gain a key, and attempt to unlock them, at that point, you get the message saying that "as you have manipulated the locks..."

I have a feeling this latter issue may have been reported before.

May have been reported, but something I have ran into with 4.2

1. before installing DDI4.2 I found it best to set all sexy move's options to default Pryor to installing or activating DDI4.2 >> No sexy move animations at all.

2. If I had and arm binder on, and changed the sexy moves animation to something else, My arm's would pop out of the arm binder with no hands.

3. If I set or changed the sexy moves animation before I put on the arm binder the arm's seem to stay in place just fine.

4. I can only assume that swapping the sexy moves animation while the arm binder is on may be causing a conflict with DDI animations somehow.

Just something I had encountered, and thought I would mention. It may have already been mentioned, if so I am sorry for mentioning it again.

I still need to test out whether or not bound combat is affected by Ordinator's unarmed perks.

EDIT: I do know that one of the perks (namely, the one that allows you to send elemental shockwaves from your unarmed attacks) works even with your hands bound, so I guess Ordinator's unarmed perks do affect bound combat.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey folks. Might not be the best place to post, but i didnt found any better, and its quite quiet here just ;)

I like to scale the the inflatable plugs as i think they are much to small. Could be double size i think. I tried in NifSkope, and even the scaling there worked, they dont get scaled ingame. I am not very familiar in NifSkope, and might have missed something there. So, anyone can help, or has a link to good tutorial? Using NifSkope 2.0 dev.  regards

6 hours ago, Hanshurtig11 said:

Hey folks. Might not be the best place to post, but i didnt found any better, and its quite quiet here just ;)

I like to scale the the inflatable plugs as i think they are much to small. Could be double size i think. I tried in NifSkope, and even the scaling there worked, they dont get scaled ingame. I am not very familiar in NifSkope, and might have missed something there. So, anyone can help, or has a link to good tutorial? Using NifSkope 2.0 dev.  regards

If I'm not wrong you can change the scale of ingame objects in the Skyrim Creation Kit

7 hours ago, Hanshurtig11 said:

If you edit in nifskope, you have to right-click the mesh and hit "Transform -> Apply", after you've edited it. Otherwise it'll just revert to its original scale when you save the file.

18 hours ago, GrimReaperCalls said:

If you edit in nifskope, you have to right-click the mesh and hit "Transform -> Apply", after you've edited it. Otherwise it'll just revert to its original scale when you save the file.

Hm, i did, rightclicked, transformed to scale 2 (says "operation can not be undone"), rightclicked again, clicked apply (again "operation can not be undone"), saved ... but no ingame result.

Tried with root node, single nodes, scale vertics, anything is fine in NifSkope, but no change ingame. sighs.. no idea why not.  regards

On 1/9/2019 at 10:40 AM, Hanshurtig11 said:

Hm, i did, rightclicked, transformed to scale 2 (says "operation can not be undone"), rightclicked again, clicked apply (again "operation can not be undone"), saved ... but no ingame result.

Tried with root node, single nodes, scale vertics, anything is fine in NifSkope, but no change ingame. sighs.. no idea why not.  regards

If you still haven't managed to get scaling to work you can use Outfit Studio.

This will be a simple, quick and probably bad written tutorial ?

First start Outfit Studio then navigate to File->Load Outfit->Browse. Locate and select the plugPumps.nif file, Don't worry about any other settings in the Load Outfit window right now, hit OK. The inflatable plugs will appear in the main window, hit the F button on your keyboard, a transformation tool should appear on top of the plugs. I should note the tool may appear far below the plugs, if this happens hit P once or twice and the tool should move to the plugs.

This is what you don't want...

Spoiler

NotWhatYouWant.png.74970fd74489aa8d74c2df77a1fd6a2e.png

This is what you want...

Spoiler

WhatYouWant.png.c8d9add4f9931e42e69af1c60485138c.png

To get a better idea of how large you want to scale the plugs it may be helpful to load the current body your game uses. Navigate to File->Load Reference->Browse and locate femalebody_0.nif (or femalebody_1.nif) and hit OK. The body mesh will now appear along with the plugs. To see the plugs better when you're scaling click on BaseShape on the right-side of the window, it may be called something else depending on what body you're using. Regardless of the body type the name will be colored green so you'll know that shape is the reference you've loaded. Now simply hit G and the body will turn into a wireframe version like so...

Spoiler

WireframeBody.png.da021043e8c118b59624dca9423009f1.png

You'll notice on the right side where it says plugInflVag:2 plugInflVag:1 plugInflAn:2 and plugInflAn:1. With plugInflVag:2 selected hold down CTRL and click on plugInflVag:1. This will select both parts of the vaginal plug so you can edit both together. Look closely at the transformation tool for a black cube in the middle, this is used for uniform scaling. The other cubes are used for scaling specifically in the X, Y, Z planes. Click and hold on the black cube and drag the mouse left-right (or up-down) until you reach the desired size. Something like...

Spoiler

ScaledUp.png.2d5ae7919536b355edb5aeeea3e687cd.png

You may have noticed the plug has moved up some depending on how large you made it. Simply click and hold the green arrow and move the mouse up-down to move the plug. It may help to select the body reference and hit G again to remove the wireframe and see how far you need to move the plug up-down. Like this...

Spoiler

MovedDown.png.2b49a9e23f21500593006b00b0b78848.png

You can follow similar steps for the anal plug, just select both plugInflAn:2 and plugInflAn:1 and scale/move to your desired fit. To check to see if the scaled-up plugs will clip with a chastity belt navigate to File->Load Outfit->Browse and locate beltPaddedOpen_0.nif (or beltPaddedOpen_1.nif). BEFORE YOU HIT "OK" BE SURE AND CHECK THE BOX "Keep other shapes". If you don't check off the box you'll just load the belt but the plugs and your work will have been removed!

If you need to you can adjust the height of the plugs so they don't clip with the belt...

Spoiler

ThatsNotGoingAnyWhere.png.c555a418cad1ecaf998111e75f20a16d.png

When everything looks good simply click on beltPadded:1 over on the right side and hit Delete on you keyboard. With the belt removed you're now ready for exporting. Navigate to File->Export->To NIF...

Spoiler

ExportTime.png.b2c2a3f88afb5bbb6868bbe1cfda228a.png

You can either overwrite the existing plugPumps.nif (create a back-up first!) or just name your scaled-up plugs something different and overwrite later.

I know it was sloppy but hopefully it was helpful.

13 hours ago, UnEvenSteven said:

If you still haven't managed to get scaling to work you can use Outfit Studio.

This will be a simple, quick and probably bad written tutorial ?

First start Outfit Studio then navigate to File->Load Outfit->Browse. Locate and select the plugPumps.nif file, Don't worry about any other settings in the Load Outfit window right now, hit OK. The inflatable plugs will appear in the main window, hit the F button on your keyboard, a transformation tool should appear on top of the plugs. I should note the tool may appear far below the plugs, if this happens hit P once or twice and the tool should move to the plugs.

This is what you don't want...

Reveal hidden contents

NotWhatYouWant.png.74970fd74489aa8d74c2df77a1fd6a2e.png

This is what you want...

Reveal hidden contents

WhatYouWant.png.c8d9add4f9931e42e69af1c60485138c.png

To get a better idea of how large you want to scale the plugs it may be helpful to load the current body your game uses. Navigate to File->Load Reference->Browse and locate femalebody_0.nif (or femalebody_1.nif) and hit OK. The body mesh will now appear along with the plugs. To see the plugs better when you're scaling click on BaseShape on the right-side of the window, it may be called something else depending on what body you're using. Regardless of the body type the name will be colored green so you'll know that shape is the reference you've loaded. Now simply hit G and the body will turn into a wireframe version like so...

Reveal hidden contents

WireframeBody.png.da021043e8c118b59624dca9423009f1.png

You'll notice on the right side where it says plugInflVag:2 plugInflVag:1 plugInflAn:2 and plugInflAn:1. With plugInflVag:2 selected hold down CTRL and click on plugInflVag:1. This will select both parts of the vaginal plug so you can edit both together. Look closely at the transformation tool for a black cube in the middle, this is used for uniform scaling. The other cubes are used for scaling specifically in the X, Y, Z planes. Click and hold on the black cube and drag the mouse left-right (or up-down) until you reach the desired size. Something like...

Reveal hidden contents

ScaledUp.png.2d5ae7919536b355edb5aeeea3e687cd.png

You may have noticed the plug has moved up some depending on how large you made it. Simply click and hold the green arrow and move the mouse up-down to move the plug. It may help to select the body reference and hit G again to remove the wireframe and see how far you need to move the plug up-down. Like this...

Reveal hidden contents

MovedDown.png.2b49a9e23f21500593006b00b0b78848.png

You can follow similar steps for the anal plug, just select both plugInflAn:2 and plugInflAn:1 and scale/move to your desired fit. To check to see if the scaled-up plugs will clip with a chastity belt navigate to File->Load Outfit->Browse and locate beltPaddedOpen_0.nif (or beltPaddedOpen_1.nif). BEFORE YOU HIT "OK" BE SURE AND CHECK THE BOX "Keep other shapes". If you don't check off the box you'll just load the belt but the plugs and your work will have been removed!

If you need to you can adjust the height of the plugs so they don't clip with the belt...

Reveal hidden contents

ThatsNotGoingAnyWhere.png.c555a418cad1ecaf998111e75f20a16d.png

When everything looks good simply click on beltPadded:1 over on the right side and hit Delete on you keyboard. With the belt removed you're now ready for exporting. Navigate to File->Export->To NIF...

Reveal hidden contents

ExportTime.png.b2c2a3f88afb5bbb6868bbe1cfda228a.png

You can either overwrite the existing plugPumps.nif (create a back-up first!) or just name your scaled-up plugs something different and overwrite later.

I know it was sloppy but hopefully it was helpful.

Wow, ths quite a nice help/explanation/tutorial ;)  Thx a lot. Even with the pictures ! Outfitstudio seems much better to use for this then NifScope.

Unfortunatly, i still have a problem.... after doing anything , and saved, my game crashes to desktop, when i "wear" the plugs, as soon as i close the inventory.

I have never used Outfitstudio before, so i may miss some basic settings ? like rootnode, skelton or something?

When i try out with the single plugs (not the set of two) game does not crash.. but scale does not happen. Are the singel ones and the set some kind of references for each other ?

So, i tried again in NifSkope. The plugset behaves very differnt then the single ones. The scaling of the plugset works this time. The scaling is shown in NifSkope real only after you hit "transform/apply", like someone mentioned before. If you use the single plugs , the scale shows allready when you just use the transform/edit.

This time, when i use the plugset instead of the single plugs, the scaling is brought to game.

Unfortunatly when i scale the plugset, they are shifted way out of the pelvis. And its hard to place them correctly again. That works much better within outfitstudio.

So i tried scaling with NifSkope, placing in Outfitstudio, reloading and saving again in NifSkope. But game crashes like i did all in Outfitstudio.

Well, seems there is some wired thing with the single plugs compared to the plugset. And i seem to miss something to make my outfitstudio export a proper file.

regards and thanx again for the helpfull explanation.

6 hours ago, Hanshurtig11 said:

Wow, ths quite a nice help/explanation/tutorial ;)  Thx a lot. Even with the pictures ! Outfitstudio seems much better to use for this then NifScope.

Unfortunatly, i still have a problem.... after doing anything , and saved, my game crashes to desktop, when i "wear" the plugs, as soon as i close the inventory.

I have never used Outfitstudio before, so i may miss some basic settings ? like rootnode, skelton or something?

When i try out with the single plugs (not the set of two) game does not crash.. but scale does not happen. Are the singel ones and the set some kind of references for each other ?

So, i tried again in NifSkope. The plugset behaves very differnt then the single ones. The scaling of the plugset works this time. The scaling is shown in NifSkope real only after you hit "transform/apply", like someone mentioned before. If you use the single plugs , the scale shows allready when you just use the transform/edit.

This time, when i use the plugset instead of the single plugs, the scaling is brought to game.

Unfortunatly when i scale the plugset, they are shifted way out of the pelvis. And its hard to place them correctly again. That works much better within outfitstudio.

So i tried scaling with NifSkope, placing in Outfitstudio, reloading and saving again in NifSkope. But game crashes like i did all in Outfitstudio.

Well, seems there is some wired thing with the single plugs compared to the plugset. And i seem to miss something to make my outfitstudio export a proper file.

regards and thanx again for the helpfull explanation.

Oh boy. That's a problem but I wouldn't have posted instructions if it crashed the game. Were you trying to use the same plugs in OS that you've already tried scaling in NifSkope? If so extract a new set of plugs from the DD Assets archive and try to scale them again but in OS only, no NifSkope before or after.

Since you're here using Devious Devices I'm assuming BodySlide and Outfit Studio are installed correctly. You have, at bare minimum, copied the CalienteTools folders in 00 BodySlide and 00 CBBE -or- 00 UUNP from the BodySlide archive into your Skyrim's Data folder correct?

I'm not sure about all the inner workings of OS but it will automatically load/apply the necessary bones required for the outfit you're loading. The plugs should only be using the NPC Pelvis [Pelv] bone.

I didn't think about this but since you mentioned you have never used OS before you may want to check it's settings. Open OS and navigate to File->Settings. See if the Target Game and Game Data Path are pointing to the right game and location. At the bottom in the section called "Reference Skeleton" make sure "File" is pointing to CalienteTools\BodySlide\res\skeleton_female_sk.nif. Then for "Root Node" make sure NPC Root [Root] is selected.

If you want to test some scaled up plugs then try the file I've attached. I just made them in OS and tested in-game with no CTD before writing this post. While in-game don't use the plug "Set", just try the individual vaginal and anal plugs.

plugPumps.nif

16 hours ago, Billyy said:

Just have to say these animations look awesome. As far as animations go the petsuit seems to currently have only two, idle and "walking". No struggle, aroused/horny or orgasm animations. These new petsuit animations will be a welcome addition whenever they (hopefully) get added to the framework.

1 hour ago, UnEvenSteven said:

Oh boy. That's a problem but I wouldn't have posted instructions if it crashed the game. Were you trying to use the same plugs in OS that you've already tried scaling in NifSkope? If so extract a new set of plugs from the DD Assets archive and try to scale them again but in OS only, no NifSkope before or after.

I tried it with the "fresh" files, allways do a backup before i edit something ^^

Since you're here using Devious Devices I'm assuming BodySlide and Outfit Studio are installed correctly. You have, at bare minimum, copied the CalienteTools folders in 00 BodySlide and 00 CBBE -or- 00 UUNP from the BodySlide archive into your Skyrim's Data folder correct?

I'm not sure about all the inner workings of OS but it will automatically load/apply the necessary bones required for the outfit you're loading. The plugs should only be using the NPC Pelvis [Pelv] bone.

Yes, Bodyslide is installed correct (so i guess OS is as well), and i use it since years (updating of course). And it seems the default settings are the right one.

I didn't think about this but since you mentioned you have never used OS before you may want to check it's settings. Open OS and navigate to File->Settings. See if the Target Game and Game Data Path are pointing to the right game and location. At the bottom in the section called "Reference Skeleton" make sure "File" is pointing to CalienteTools\BodySlide\res\skeleton_female_sk.nif. Then for "Root Node" make sure NPC Root [Root] is selected.

Anything is set as you describe. Is default i guess.

If you want to test some scaled up plugs then try the file I've attached. I just made them in OS and tested in-game with no CTD before writing this post. While in-game don't use the plug "Set", just try the individual vaginal and anal plugs.

plugPumps.nif

To be honest.. i am quite happy with the scaling you did :)  Guess i just keep that file. Sometimes things just wont work for someone^^

Some thing i noticed, the single plugs seems to be just a reference of the plugset, as they are scaled along with the set and appear scaled in game.

Ah, just read, you mentioned before. Well, any of them , singles and set work fine.

Many thanx for your effort and all the help !!! regards

15 hours ago, Billyy said:

Very nice work !! hope they will get implemented. thanx for the gift :)

15 hours ago, Billyy said:

That's amazing, I would really to see these implemented.

1 hour ago, donttouchmethere said:

yes we would use them with and without DD ?

I would like to see a SLAL version

It's interesting for non DD users too (looking at you ZAZ), because the animations would fit to other bondage items too (even other DDs like those arm/leg cuffs) ?

The Petsuit hides some pretty bad clipping of arms and legs being squished together. Not realistically usable without the petsuit.

On 1/11/2019 at 12:30 PM, Hanshurtig11 said:

I tried it with the "fresh" files, allways do a backup before i edit something ^^

Yes, Bodyslide is installed correct (so i guess OS is as well), and i use it since years (updating of course). And it seems the default settings are the right one.

Anything is set as you describe. Is default i guess.

To be honest.. i am quite happy with the scaling you did :)  Guess i just keep that file. Sometimes things just wont work for someone^^

Some thing i noticed, the single plugs seems to be just a reference of the plugset, as they are scaled along with the set and appear scaled in game.

Ah, just read, you mentioned before. Well, any of them , singles and set work fine.

Many thanx for your effort and all the help !!! regards

It's a shame you couldn't get it to work for you. If you want you could rule out potential issues with OS by loading something like another plug set and simply exporting without doing anything to the meshes. If the game crashes when you try using the file you've just exported then that would definitely point to an OS issue. You could then try a clean (delete the entire CalienteTools folder and it's contents) install of BS/OS and try again.

If the game doesn't crash after trying the file you've exported then load it in OS again and try scaling the mesh a little and export again. If the game crashes then it may an OS problem, try a re-install as described above.

If the game doesn't crash after the slight scale-up then load the file in OS again but this time load the body you're currently using as a reference and export again. If the game crashes then there may be an issue between OS and the body you're using. Load either a back-up or new file in OS, scale the mesh some and prepare to load a body for a reference again. However instead of trying the body you're using in-game try a Template this time. By default "From Template" and "CBBE Body" should already be selected, you could select "Unified UNP" from the drop-down menu if that's what you use. Don't use any BBP/HDT/XYZ versions for a reference. Export the file. If the game doesn't crash then that points to an issue with the body you were trying to use and OS.

If all this fails you may need to look around the description and comments section of the BS/OS Nexus page for a solution.

So if want you can try to follow these badly written instructions to track down the issue with OS or just ignore all of this and move on ?

Also, sorry Kimy and Mods! I know this thread isn't intended for discussing OS issues.