Sounds like a great tool.  Is there a reason to use this if your game never crashes though?  Performance increases, etc?  Just curious. 

The only time I've had issues with my save files is if I start changing my load order and removing mods mid play through.  I've had that corrupt a few saves.  Does SE still have any of the same resource issues that Oldrim had like strings, etc?  I have way more mods installed in SE so far than I ever did in Oldrim and so far still have perfect stability.  I literally never crash.

Sounds like a great tool.  Is there a reason to use this if your game never crashes though?  Performance increases, etc?  Just curious. 

The only time I've had issues with my save files is if I start changing my load order and removing mods mid play through.  I've had that corrupt a few saves.  Does SE still have any of the same resource issues that Oldrim had like strings, etc?  I have way more mods installed in SE so far than I ever did in Oldrim and so far still have perfect stability.  I literally never crash.

Like they say... "If it ain't broke, don't fix it", i use it in Oldrim whenever i have a Quest Mod update. This isn't a mod for a performance boost in a otherwise good running game.

• 3 months later...

~~~~~FIXED~~~~~

I'm having a slight problem while trying to load a couple particular saves from one character. I try to load it with the Resaver both through MO and by itself for routine cleaning and it takes minutes to load and some don't even load. They just freeze and if I'm lucky it brings up a blank load error message. I have just let it be while loading a save. I tried to load the save and went and had a shower and made dinner and came back to the blank Load Error message.

This is a classic skyrim save. I am able to go back to previous saves from the same character and it loads up normally.

Nothing catastrophic just confusing.

I figured out the problem was I was running Java at 32 bit not 64 bit.

Edited by Indigojulze
3 hours ago, Indigojulze said:

~~~~~FIXED~~~~~

I'm having a slight problem while trying to load a couple particular saves from one character. I try to load it with the Resaver both through MO and by itself for routine cleaning and it takes minutes to load and some don't even load. They just freeze and if I'm lucky it brings up a blank load error message. I have just let it be while loading a save. I tried to load the save and went and had a shower and made dinner and came back to the blank Load Error message.

This is a classic skyrim save. I am able to go back to previous saves from the same character and it loads up normally.

Nothing catastrophic just confusing.

I figured out the problem was I was running Java at 32 bit not 64 bit.

Very large saves can use a LOT of RAM, due to some of the indexing stuff that ReSaver does to improve performance. One of Java's baffling deficiencies is that it can't handle allocating lots of memory with jumping through a bunch of hurdles, and even then Java 32 seem to top out at 1 gb.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
On 11/18/2019 at 3:39 PM, Lynche6669 said:

What if I have 571 non-existant form instances? I know I'm not supposed to remove these, but...that's a lot, and my game is buggy. I might just try it. I don't know.

A bit necro, but for any reader who comes along and wonders, I've deleted them a few times (~6 or 7) without any perceptible issues. I had one instance where I had around 3000.