• 1 month later...

Yes i like the mod bit that crosses dont show in the settlement crafting menu the olny way for me to get one is through console commands and i cant change the parameters for the cross could you help me out i could be missing some stupidly obvious thing but not sure what the prob is

Yes i like the mod bit that crosses dont show in the settlement crafting menu the olny way for me to get one is through console commands and i cant change the parameters for the cross could you help me out i could be missing some stupidly obvious thing but not sure what the prob is

Probably other mod(s) you have overwrites menu entry. Try moving CRX mod up to load it before other mods (in plugins tab in NMM). There should be CRX menu entry in main menu.

• 5 weeks later...

I don't know if this is possible, but a Wooden Horse aka Spanish Donkey would be a great addition :)

I'm not planning to add this but I think it may be added to TD mod...

My version of Fallout is 1.1.29 should i update it to play this mod?

No, it shouldn't be required.

I don't know if this is possible, but a Wooden Horse aka Spanish Donkey would be a great addition :)

I'm not planning to add this but I think it may be added to TD mod...

My version of Fallout is 1.1.29 should i update it to play this mod?

No, it shouldn't be required.

Don't know why It couldn't work, same as torture device mod, get blank screen when loading saved game. wait for quite a long time and get CTD.

• 2 weeks later...

Excellent update, thanks a lot.

A couple of suggestions:

- is there a way to speed up all the animations a bit? They are fluid, however they would be more realistic if they were a bit faster. For reference, the outstretched arm shaking animation is quicker, and looks better / more realistic. I don't know anything about creating animations, but I suppose speeding up an existing one shouldn't be too much trouble

- the new pole (CR04) is fantastic, great to see the ankles nailed to the sides - would you like to make a secondary CR01 variant (the plain cross with no supports) with the ankles nailed to the sides too? Same pose as the pole, only with outstretched arms.

- a second suggestion about CR04: I can understand why you positioned the victim almost flush to the ground, however if you positioned them a little bit higher up the pole, it would give us more flexibility; as it is now, the only way to realistically have them a bit higher without floating the cross is to first build a vertical beam and then CR04 on top. On the opposite, if the victim was higher, then there would be no problem just building the pole deeper into the ground

On the topic of NMM, I had the same problem, the mod gets stuck into the "queued download" state. No problem installing manually.

Thanks!

Hey I love the mod and I haven't run into any bugs as of yet, however I was wonder what mod did you use to put those letters on the boards on some of the Crosses I couldnt find them on the CRX category, am I missing something?

Other than that, great job my dude. IM so glad to see people havent thrown away Fallout 4.

side note (not related to this thread): does anyone know when we will be able to get more advanced slavery mods like the ones in fallout NV or skyrim?

A couple of suggestions:

- is there a way to speed up all the animations a bit? They are fluid, however they would be more realistic if they were a bit faster. For reference, the outstretched arm shaking animation is quicker, and looks better / more realistic. I don't know anything about creating animations, but I suppose speeding up an existing one shouldn't be too much trouble

- the new pole (CR04) is fantastic, great to see the ankles nailed to the sides - would you like to make a secondary CR01 variant (the plain cross with no supports) with the ankles nailed to the sides too? Same pose as the pole, only with outstretched arms.

- a second suggestion about CR04: I can understand why you positioned the victim almost flush to the ground, however if you positioned them a little bit higher up the pole, it would give us more flexibility; as it is now, the only way to realistically have them a bit higher without floating the cross is to first build a vertical beam and then CR04 on top. On the opposite, if the victim was higher, then there would be no problem just building the pole deeper into the ground

On the topic of NMM, I had the same problem, the mod gets stuck into the "queued download" state. No problem installing manually.

Thanks!

Changing animation speed isn't that straightforward and requires some work as each animation must be exported to right format etc. so it would take some time to convert 25 or so. I am planning to create alternative poses for each cross (like one you suggested) so I try to make it bit faster and see if it looks better. Regarding CR04 position, again lot of work required so it is just better to use vertical beam - that's its purpose.

Regarding NMM installation - I am not sure at what point you download the mod using NMM. I always download mods manually from LL copy them into NMM F4 directory (for me it's \Nexus Mod Manager\Fallout4\Mods) and then activate/install mod using NMM.

Thanks for your feedback!

Hey I love the mod and I haven't run into any bugs as of yet, however I was wonder what mod did you use to put those letters on the boards on some of the Crosses I couldnt find them on the CRX category, am I missing something?

Other than that, great job my dude. IM so glad to see people havent thrown away Fallout 4.

side note (not related to this thread): does anyone know when we will be able to get more advanced slavery mods like the ones in fallout NV or skyrim?

Hi, letters are from official DLC (workshop I think) so are not part of CRX. You can stick anything to the boards that you can stick to the wall so if you don't have DLC you can get mod that adds some letters to the workshop.

Changing animation speed isn't that straightforward and requires some work as each animation must be exported to right format etc. so it would take some time to convert 25 or so. I am planning to create alternative poses for each cross (like one you suggested) so I try to make it bit faster and see if it looks better. Regarding CR04 position, again lot of work required so it is just better to use vertical beam - that's its purpose.

Regarding NMM installation - I am not sure at what point you download the mod using NMM. I always download mods manually from LL copy them into NMM F4 directory (for me it's \Nexus Mod Manager\Fallout4\Mods) and then activate/install mod using NMM.

Got it, thanks! Looking forward to the new poses, then! :)

In terms of speed, I am thinking about Leito's, as a reference - those move at natural speed, looking great. Not sure if that's of any help :)) (I really should be starting to learn something about animations...)

Some more ideas:

- when looking at the new poses, would you please look into having the "idle" / main head position with the head slumped down, instead of looking straight ahead? Like the one when the victim falls back down after stretching up/away, they slump their head down for a second. I think the head slumped down would be a more realistic pose

Something like this: https://staticdelivery.nexusmods.com/mods/130/images/45315-4-1348461250.jpg

(actually, the crucified animations from Fallout NV were excellent, too bad they can't be ported)

- I made a version of the hands spike sets that are positioned at the wrist, instead of the palm - I can share them on this thread, if you agree, again I think they are more realistic (actually, that's the historically accurate position) 

- perhaps this arms position would look good as an addition: https://cdn-prod.biblicalarchaeology.org/wp-content/uploads/BSBA110602000L-260x295.jpg?x10423

A couple of suggestions:

Thanks!

I managed to figure it out. It works perfect now. Good mod.

Got it, thanks! Looking forward to the new poses, then! :)

In terms of speed, I am thinking about Leito's, as a reference - those move at natural speed, looking great. Not sure if that's of any help :)) (I really should be starting to learn something about animations...)

Some more ideas:

- when looking at the new poses, would you please look into having the "idle" / main head position with the head slumped down, instead of looking straight ahead? Like the one when the victim falls back down after stretching up/away, they slump their head down for a second. I think the head slumped down would be a more realistic pose

Something like this: https://staticdelivery.nexusmods.com/mods/130/images/45315-4-1348461250.jpg

(actually, the crucified animations from Fallout NV were excellent, too bad they can't be ported)

- I made a version of the hands spike sets that are positioned at the wrist, instead of the palm - I can share them on this thread, if you agree, again I think they are more realistic (actually, that's the historically accurate position) 

- perhaps this arms position would look good as an addition: https://cdn-prod.biblicalarchaeology.org/wp-content/uploads/BSBA110602000L-260x295.jpg?x10423

Thanks for suggestions, thing with the head position is that it wouldn't look good with a bit longer hairstyle as hairs would collide with cross geometry.

Fell free to share spikes models here - then any one can replace default models. Again I am going to change the way spikes are added in the future by making it configurable and adding some random rotation, translation so every looks a bit different.

One thing I did notice - the PC doesn't seem to be animating correctly in this version. NPCs work fine, but when I use the cross I just kinda twitch in place. No problems with the old version.

Yes, I am aware of that - this is because way the animations are rendered changed from the previous version. PC only plays base idle animation but no 'flavors' because playing 'flavors' on PC moves PC to different position. I am going to find a way to fix it in next version.

You can enable flavors for PC if you have CK installed:

Open script CRXRestrainingWorkshopObjectScript.psc

Go to line 162

Remove last this part of the line:  && AssignedActor != Game.GetPlayer()

Thanks for suggestions, thing with the head position is that it wouldn't look good with a bit longer hairstyle as hairs would collide with cross geometry.

Fell free to share spikes models here - then any one can replace default models. Again I am going to change the way spikes are added in the future by making it configurable and adding some random rotation, translation so every looks a bit different.

I see your point about the long hair. True, there may be some clipping, hasn't disturbed me at all, never even noticed until you mentioned it. Please see a SS - angle of the shot is not great, but you can see the head slumping a little distance from the cross - it's a long ponytail from Azar and still quite far from the beam.

Attaching the repositioned spikes (hands) and a version of the script that defaults to spikes instead of ropes - not sure how well it works, noticed something weird about the damage, but haven't really tested it. (removed the scripts because of an error I made, the proper way to change the defaults is via properties, in CK)

post-1591796-0-30042900-1503820668_thumb.png

cr01sp_h.nif

cr02sp_h.nif

cr03sp_h.nif

cr04sp_h.nif

One thing I did notice - the PC doesn't seem to be animating correctly in this version. NPCs work fine, but when I use the cross I just kinda twitch in place. No problems with the old version.

Yes, I am aware of that - this is because way the animations are rendered changed from the previous version. PC only plays base idle animation but no 'flavors' because playing 'flavors' on PC moves PC to different position. I am going to find a way to fix it in next version.

You can enable flavors for PC if you have CK installed:

Open script CRXRestrainingWorkshopObjectScript.psc

Go to line 162

Remove last this part of the line:  && AssignedActor != Game.GetPlayer()

Perfect! Thanks!

This is a fantastic mod! I missed it, but DL it. Everything seems to work fine to me.

thank you again for your effort!

Wow! Are you the SkatingJesus from Deviantart? I love that work, amazing stuff!!

Yes,I am! :D

And thank you!

When I need to take a short break while creating 3D stuff, I like to send my Skyrim or FO4 heroines in the claws of monsters/falmers/BGandits/Guards, etc... :D

Yes,I am! :D

And thank you!

When I need to take a short break while creating 3D stuff, I like to send my Skyrim or FO4 heroines in the claws of monsters/falmers/BGandits/Guards, etc... :D

Dude, I even bought the full version Andaroos 2, Sofia is amazing and those facial animations are just priceless! Please, keep it up, great stuff! 

If you need some further "inspiration" by way of hangings, check out my sig and try out my hanging mod. Perhaps it would give you some ideas.

Apologies to Oakern, no intention of hijacking the thread, it's just that SJ's work is awesome, and I feel great having the opportunity to congratulate the guy.