NOTICE: The new site is now moved to the original www.loverslab.com URL. The site may be up and down during this transition and there is still some tweaks and setup going on, so you may experience the occasional broken link, visual oddity, and other such errors. 

If you notice anything any particular that's broken or have any suggestions or comments, please post them in the following thread: http://www.loverslab.com/topic/87535-new-site-questions-comments-and-suggestions/

The old site will remain accessible for the next week via the URL http://old.loverslab.com

Sign in to follow this  
Rektas69

Merging armor/outfits into one mod

Hi! Do you know why some parts of the armors become invisible when they are merged? Is a serious problem! and I had not noticed it until I checked all the merged armors ... heck! it was too good to be true!  :(

you merge xx and zz to xz esp

you wear xxyyyyyy, 01yyyyyy and zzyyyyyy

game can no longer find xxyyyyyy and zzyyyyyy -> bye bye those armors, you have to craft xzzzzzzz and xzzzzzzy to replace them

Hi! Do you know why some parts of the armors become invisible when they are merged? Is a serious problem! and I had not noticed it until I checked all the merged armors ... heck! it was too good to be true!  :(

Please help with this! 

Normally what I do when this happens is unpack the original file and copy and past the meshes/textures folders into my new merged armour pack, that normally sorts its out for me, if it does not then it might be worth checking the old mod to see if that worked before.

For that reason was very strange for me that some parts of the armors were invisible, because I always check a mod before merging and all worked perfect before merging.   :(

I placed the folder of textures and meshes from the armors inside the merged file but it did not work, the armors are still invisible, any other advice? 

you merge xx and zz to xz esp

you wear xxyyyyyy, 01yyyyyy and zzyyyyyy

game can no longer find xxyyyyyy and zzyyyyyy -> bye bye those armors, you have to craft xzzzzzzz and xzzzzzzy to replace them

I really do not understand what you mean, but I've created the armor in the forge and it does not work, they remain invisible.

For that reason was very strange for me that some parts of the armors were invisible, because I always check a mod before merging and all worked perfect before merging.   :(

I placed the folder of textures and meshes from the armors inside the merged file but it did not work, the armors are still invisible, any other advice? 

Do the invisible armours come from a mod that uses a bsa to store stuff? If it does try unpacking the bsa, if you use mo though you could also try going into archive tab and seeing if the new merged mod has bsa files linked to it and then activating them if they are not.

Do the invisible armours come from a mod that uses a bsa to store stuff? If it does try unpacking the bsa, if you use mo though you could also try going into archive tab and seeing if the new merged mod has bsa files linked to it and then activating them if they are not.

Some armors in the merged file contain stuff extracted by the program from a bsa, but the strange thing is that those armors work perfectly and the armors that do not have stuff extracted from a bsa ... have invisible parts. I do not know what else to do.   :(

Some armors in the merged file contain stuff extracted by the program from a bsa, but the strange thing is that those armors work perfectly and the armors that do not have stuff extracted from a bsa ... have invisible parts. I do not know what else to do.   :(

Right, try extracting all the stuff from the various bsa used by the merged armour, do not forget to delete the unpacked bsa though, and see if that sorts it, as it seems those still using the bsa are not working correctly for you, if that does not sort it then I have no idea what is going on.

Right, try extracting all the stuff from the various bsa used by the merged armour, do not forget to delete the unpacked bsa though, and see if that sorts it, as it seems those still using the bsa are not working correctly for you, if that does not sort it then I have no idea what is going on.

Nope, is the other way ... Files with bsa work perfectly, while some files without bsa do not work well. Do you say that I have to remove the armors that load bsa and test the merged file without it? 

Nope, is the other way ... Files with bsa work perfectly, while some files without bsa do not work well. Do you say that I have to remove the armors that load bsa and test the merged file without it? 

why don't you just load tesedit to take a look at those armors in your merge esp?

and while you are it, check for errors the merge esp, if you didn't did that to original esp... tesedit don't copy paste errors

why don't you just load tesedit to take a look at those armors in your merge esp?

and while you are it, check for errors the merge esp, if you didn't did that to original esp... tesedit don't copy paste errors

I am not an expert girl in this kind of things but I will try it!

The program to merge files does not find any type of error, what difference is there between that program and TES5Edit? 

The program to merge files does not find any type of error, what difference is there between that program and TES5Edit? 

falskaar have an error in navigation mesh info

some missing door or whatever, don't know, don't know either where the ctd zone is

if you try merging that mod, your will have navigation mesh info until the error, then nothing

and the merge esp will be ctd paradise in falskaar worldspace

merge plugin it's a tesedit plugin

using it without checking what you merge can be merge, it's just asking for troubles

falskaar have an error in navigation mesh info

some missing door or whatever, don't know, don't know either where the ctd zone is

if you try merging that mod, your will have navigation mesh info until the error, then nothing

and the merge esp will be ctd paradise in falskaar worldspace

merge plugin it's a tesedit plugin

using it without checking what you merge can be merge, it's just asking for troubles

TES5Edit does not find any type of error in the merged file, I do not know what else to do.   :(

Oh no ... I never merge complex mods like Falskaar, only clothes, armors, accessories and weapons.

About the only thing I can think of now is to load the problem armour into nifskope, check the texture paths then check to see if the files required are actually where the meshes think the paths are, you would be surprised at the number of time they do not match after merging, thought why is something that is kinda odd, especially if they worked before merging.

About the only thing I can think of now is to load the problem armour into nifskope, check the texture paths then check to see if the files required are actually where the meshes think the paths are, you would be surprised at the number of time they do not match after merging, thought why is something that is kinda odd, especially if they worked before merging.

Nifskope it's a program like Body Slide and Outfit Studio? 

How do I solve the problem in case that it was the problem?

Another question ... how do Bodyslide armors are merged? Do you have to include the folder Caliente Tools inside the merged file or just the textures and meshes? By example for this armor  https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-rIpqF0mResM3F6ZHFsYWF2dVU/view

Greetings.

Another question ... how do Bodyslide armors are merged? Do you have to include the folder Caliente Tools inside the merged file or just the textures and meshes? By example for this armor  https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-rIpqF0mResM3F6ZHFsYWF2dVU/view

Greetings.

Yep, nifskope is a program for dealing with surprise surpirse nif, its on nexus and it has just been updated, well recently anyway. Start it up and choose load file then navigate to where the problem armour is, you can find it's nif name and path from the armor add on in ck or it should be findeable from xedit, though where it is there I am not too sure.

And yeh just add all the caliente tools folder for the armour to the merged pack and providing they already worked, they should now still work.  Do be aware though you can end up with some big merged armour packs, most of mine are of about 50 armour mods and all their bodyslide files and tend to be around the 3-4gb size each.  If you use nmm that can from what I am aware be a potential problem as from what I have read does not like large files, in that case it might be better to pack all the meshes in one file all the textures in another, the bodyslide files in another, and add the merged esp to which ever pack you want to.

Though you could keep the bodyslide stuff seperate, and just add that as another mod, as I know the book of iron  and steel pack at one point had a download of about 300mb for the main file but the bodyslide for it was nearly 2gb.

Whether you add the bodyslide files to the main merge or keep them seperate and add all the bodyslide files for the merge into one bodyslide merge pack is pretty much up to you, at one point I ran both cbbe and a uunp setup for various reasons, so had the bodyslide files for each armor with the armour pack in question and named with the body type, mainly for easy when installing stuff and sorting it.

Greetings.

Yep, nifskope is a program for dealing with surprise surpirse nif, its on nexus and it has just been updated, well recently anyway. Start it up and choose load file then navigate to where the problem armour is, you can find it's nif name and path from the armor add on in ck or it should be findeable from xedit, though where it is there I am not too sure.

And yeh just add all the caliente tools folder for the armour to the merged pack and providing they already worked, they should now still work.  Do be aware though you can end up with some big merged armour packs, most of mine are of about 50 armour mods and all their bodyslide files and tend to be around the 3-4gb size each.  If you use nmm that can from what I am aware be a potential problem as from what I have read does not like large files, in that case it might be better to pack all the meshes in one file all the textures in another, the bodyslide files in another, and add the merged esp to which ever pack you want to.

Though you could keep the bodyslide stuff seperate, and just add that as another mod, as I know the book of iron  and steel pack at one point had a download of about 300mb for the main file but the bodyslide for it was nearly 2gb.

Whether you add the bodyslide files to the main merge or keep them seperate and add all the bodyslide files for the merge into one bodyslide merge pack is pretty much up to you, at one point I ran both cbbe and a uunp setup for various reasons, so had the bodyslide files for each armor with the armour pack in question and named with the body type, mainly for easy when installing stuff and sorting it.

The largest merger of armor I've made is 20, and that Merged file it's my problem, I have checked all the armors, and only 2 do not work correctly. I will put some pictures of them. 

The first armor and the cape, do not present any problem, so I do not know what is wrong with them. The second armor have a problem, except by the arms and legs, when open it in NifSkope the armor looks totally different as it should look in the game, I do not know how to fix it. The armor or body also has a kind of extra meshes in the vagina and nipples, it's strange.   :wacko:

Okay, I will try to merge BodySlide files, Your tips on merge armors with HDT HighHeels System, Were successful! so I believe you! thanks!   :)

post-230150-0-78554300-1485707675_thumb.png

post-230150-0-04417400-1485707685_thumb.png

post-230150-0-61521600-1485707691_thumb.png

post-230150-0-10616500-1485707702_thumb.png

post-230150-0-50182800-1485707711_thumb.png

post-230150-0-42992100-1485707725_thumb.png

post-230150-0-92248400-1485707736_thumb.png

The largest merger of armor I've made is 20, and that Merged file it's my problem, I have checked all the armors, and only 2 do not work correctly. I will put some pictures of them. 

The first armor and the cape, do not present any problem, so I do not know what is wrong with them. The second armor have a problem, except by the arms and legs, when open it in NifSkope the armor looks totally different as it should look in the game, I do not know how to fix it. The armor or body also has a kind of extra meshes in the vagina and nipples, it's strange.   :wacko:

Okay, I will try to merge BodySlide files, Your tips on merge armors with HDT HighHeels System, Were successful! so I believe you! thanks!   :)

Hmm, my first thought about the first armour is that it has requirements from another armour mod that are not in your merge, might be worth checking that out, some mash-ups do this, in that the have their own meshes and textures but sometimes require textures from another mod that is not included in the mash-up for whatever reason.  Usually permissions and such being the main problem.

The second one which armour is it? It could be that it does not use a normal body and when you build it with bodyslide you replace the problem meshes with working ones.

As to the bodyslide side of it, if any of them ask you to overwrite existing files then pause, if its only for the me folder names then its ok but if its asking to overwrite files then take a look at the bodyslide files as that may mean you have the same armour in it multiple times, possibly with different esp names but the meshes and textures and therefore the bodyslide files being the same name, its not common but it does happen, I have done it a couple of times.