Wonder Body, what's your opinion about it pro and con?

Ordas Turul

I recently found this bodymod on nexus. Personally I find it more appealing than CBBE, and the creator of it have even solved some issues, that are still present with CBBE. It has though a relatively 'big' problem. No bodyslide, so in short it has it's own converted armor and clothing for the game, but it's less customisable and porbably there won't be many additional armor or clothing created for it... at least for now.

So what is your opinion about it?

(To give credit where credit is due :D)

Wonder Body by Astralify 

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/19516/?

I think it would have been more convenient if it had been released as a nude body outfit rather than asking people to uninstall CBBE. If it's designed to be stand-alone (such as it's request for the unique body mod), then implementation as an equipable outfit would have worked better.

Personally, I think it's the best option available and I'm happily giving it a go.

EVB was my favourite of the other options, though sadly that seems to have been deleted now along with Leito's nexus account. CBBE of course does allow that freedom to design your own shapes, but I could only ever bring myself to use it for the player character. Lack of dismemberment (also an EVB problem) was a great pity but it wasn't the end of the world. Unfortunately, the UV incompatibility doing what it did to the back of the head of every female NPC in the game kind of was, so I jumped through a few hoops to get it working just for the player, which meant she couldn't wear most of the vanilla outfits. I'm sure there must be a significant upside to using the UV maps Caliente decided to go with, but the downside killed it for me.

Wonder Body ticks the boxes I'm interested in. I've never been one for the extreme body proportions, so the WB options are fine. Could certainly do with a touch more muscle tone, less pristine textures, and maybe a slightly more malnourished look if realism is the goal, but the author has said more shapes are in the works. Quality of what's there so far is great. Dismemberment is definitely working fine. The vanilla outfits all look well-fitted with one exception of a pre-war dress that isn't wearable except by a few prologue NPCs and currently has wrist gaps. The author says that will be corrected in the next version. Mod outfits made for the vanilla shape will apparently work with it as well. The only issue might be with the legs texture, so anything that covers those should be fine.

So far, though, this looks like the body replacer I've been waiting for. I'm looking forward to seeing how it develops and hope it gets some traction.

I recently found this bodymod on nexus. Personally I find it more appealing than CBBE, and the creator of it have even solved some issues, that are still present with CBBE. It has though a relatively 'big' problem. No bodyslide, so in short it has it's own converted armor and clothing for the game, but it's less customisable and porbably there won't be many additional armor or clothing created for it... at least for now.

So what is your opinion about it?

(To give credit where credit is due :D)

Wonder Body by Astralify 

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/19516/?

I actually find it less appealing than CBBE but that's because for me it doesn't fit with the whole thematic of the game, for a start the raiders and everyone who's living in the wasteland they wouldn't all be skinny girls with flat asses, they'd have definition and a little bit of mass, it also has less of an impact on the main player (being female obviously) who despite being frozen not long after giving birth (so would still technically be on the juicy side of womanhood) is still portrayed as a slender woman with the ass of a nail file (by that I mean flat), I'd say without much conviction since I haven't tested this mod and have no desire to do so, that it retains it's dismemberment simply because it's the vanilla body redone (I could be wrong and welcome anyone to prove me wrong)

I saw that and downloaded it but.. the no bodyslide bothers me alot also. I spent alot of time creating the body I use  but that one is very sexy to look at though... maybe for npc's?

No for npc's simply based off my reply above,  literally every female is always moving, in the wasteland you move or you dead, and nobody who moves that much is gonna stay that trim and not get some definition or at the very least some muscles in the gluteus maximus.

As an aside, I'm not knocking the work done by the author, it's a huge undertaking, and I respect the time and effort they have put in.

I just feel that these things need working on, and it needs to have an option to customize it to the players liking, since gaming now-a-days is all about customization.

...since gaming now-a-days is all about customization.

Exactly. I spent ages setting up an ESP to randomize 63 different body presets to my settlers so they spawn with entirely different and beautiful bodies. At any given time I carry twenty out of 120 different presets in my inventory to either switch my own body or that of my settlers as I wish.

The concept of uninstalling CBBE, which gives me that kind of power and flexibility, to install a single preset just doesn't make sense. It's a huge step back no matter how worthy the single body template is.

To be polite: this body is realy useless and it may cause something like "body war"

To be honest: CAN'T YOU F**KING BIT*HES JUST STICK TO ONE body type?

Reasons why this body is worthless:

1,The body itself use less triangles than CBBE.

2,The body doesn't support bodyslide.

3,The body use the terrible vanilla UV

4,The body doesn't change the weight painting

Dismemberment? the FFB has already solve the problem, while outfit dismemberment will still need bodyslide and Cell's work.

Even a F**K foot fetish try his best to use the CBBE UV, can't we just use the cbbe UV?

...since gaming now-a-days is all about customization.

Exactly. I spent ages setting up an ESP to randomize 63 different body presets to my settlers so they spawn with entirely different and beautiful bodies. At any given time I carry twenty out of 120 different presets in my inventory to either switch my own body or that of my settlers as I wish.

The concept of uninstalling CBBE, which gives me that kind of power and flexibility, to install a single preset just doesn't make sense. It's a huge step back no matter how worthy the single body template is.

Acturally there has been a plan that conver bodymorh system to FO4, then each NPC could have there own body preset

Personally, I love it. Ditched CBBE for it and never looked back. Then again, I'm not a fan of monstrous tits like so many people here seem to be.

That's kind of a cursory response, I'm sorry I'm trying so hard to work out what on earth your trying to say here, your comment suggests that CBBE by default gives every female character monstrous tits, which is blatantly untrue.

The generalization that many of us here like "monstrous tits" is very subjective, I am sure many many others are not using CBBE for the option to create tits so big that you can't see your damned feet, we use it because it is the most highly customizable body mod around with the bodyslide mod, which may I add will be used further down the line for Wonder Body, as stated by the author on the mod page and in the comments section.

I think nearly all people using it, will use it because of the dismemberment. If i interprete the answer on nexus correctly even the representives of CBBE don't think they can realy solve that problem and that's driving the people away. I guess as soon as they solve that problem nearly all normal replacer are dead.

I like it when people try and start a situation for no reason, when they clearly don't know what they're talking about just to shit on something randomly. Maybe I'm in a bad mood, but I feel like the somewhat aggressive comments people made on the body are uncalled for.

- Literally no one is stopping anyone from creating morphs for it, no one. Just bring it into Bodyslide or your software of choice and start working on the morphs for the body, also theme has nothing to do with the body from here? I mean, it's like saying "I don't like tits" when all you wanted to say is "I like butts" in thread full of tits made by tits for tits, it's so random. The body is lacking in morphs, that's it, I fail to see why this is such a 'disaster' for some people, UNP and CBBE exactly started out like this.

- No, this won't create body-wars c'mon now, it's about as silly as saying Starbucks' green cups started a War on Christmas because they aren't made red for the jolly season. Also, I fail to see why people worship CBBE so much when there is nothing special about it, it just got lucky to be included as base package in BS2 because dimon99 (the guy for UNP) dropped out of the modding scene like a meteor drops out of the sky. A series of fortunate events are what made CBBE into the standard, and why the standard still needs UNP morphs.

- Talking of CBBE, OK, lets go at it why it's technically not as great as people claim. The base vertex of the model hasn't been clean for a while (before finishing or exporting a model you have to do a couple of thing to 'clean' up the model, so that when say your animator, rigger or anyone else in the pipeline gets the model, you don't end up with weird shading/rouge vertex issues). There are even a few places on the body when lines are offset for no reason when symmetry should be key to the basics of a body model, not to mention the ridiculous proportions of the body that seems like the poor girl is lacking a spine, only serve to exacerbate the issue (breasts also don't look like balloons).

- The UV is bog standard, there is literally nothing magical or special about, people like to mention that it's more 'space optimized', but what they fail to mention is that it's only space optimized for feet, nothing else. I mean you guys do realize there is like 2 large areas on the Vanilla UV's that aren't used, and simply unfolding a separate island for the feet is all you need, right? Lets not forget about UV normalization, you either scale the UV islands 1:1 to keep texture consistency OR 1:2 for smaller areas (like feet having more detail) but that isn't optimization or quality work, that is what artist believes should be best, and having a set of UV's that looks like a computer unpacked isn't optimized. There is a reason 4K textures are needed on CBBE, so lets not beat around the bush (pun intended). CBBE UV's are outdated, period.

- Speaking of feet, has anyone even taken 5 seconds to look at them? They're distorted and broken, almost like gravel, the nails especially are bad in this regard and while I do appreciate realism, there is a reason feet are in games are designed with some space between them, it's so if an artist wants to preview socks on them or create extra assets around them, they can. Feet being 'closed' together comes at the last part or if feet aren't the detailed enough to validate the quality (like Dark Souls 1-2). Also, the UV's for the feet are terrible, we have progressed eons in unpacking tech for your Max and Mayas, yet people still insist on unpacking with planar mapping when most people in the industry use LCSM. Once again, outdated why? It takes literally 5 minutes in Blender, Max or Maya to fix the issue with todays tools, even with a couple of free tools.

- Triangles =/= Quality, I would like to know who was it that started this silly notion that 'moar polies sovles problemos!', because they don't. If you don't have a proper TOPOLOGY or proper SKINNING, then no amount of polygons will save your model, period. CBBE suffers from this greatly, I already talked about this in the Animation thread, about the collapsing of the butt, lack of bend on the knees and other such stuff, and it seems like having 40K polies didn't solve any of this. Also, guess what? If you don't have the BASE model of the body (the cage/non smoothed body) then all you're doing is making it harder for yourself to update the body, fix issues or allow people to create assets for it, not to mention fix the UV. Being triangulated also doesn't help anyone, till today I'm confused as to why the FBX files that were provided to the community by Cal. were not only had issues, but also in triangulated with some questionable decisions in export settings. No offense, but no one wants to steal a retopologized DAZ body model, people will instead steal the original DAZ model. There is a reason game developers use localized topology instead of muscle topology, it's because game engines don't have real-time muscle physic modifers. It's been like this since the first release of CBBE in UUNP style and we still have the silly little issues where if you morph CBBE to the vanilla shape of the body, there will be seams, I'm not sure why.

- Weighting isn't an issue (sarcasm), because CBBE and BS2 already have anemic tools for weighting, it's nothing compared to Maya or Max (which will tied in second point below) and they use a normal projection. They are not better then the vanilla weight at this point, and once again, too many polygons only serve to increase the issue if you don't have the base model to reference your weight from, which seems to be the issue that CBBE currently has. All of this is an issue, because people have to use the little anemic tools in BS2 called ZAP to do the entire culling things for clothing. Removing parts of the body under clothing is supposed to be technically easy and quick, with clean edges to cut around, so that you cut out most amount of 'excess fat' while keeping the metaphorical meat intact, this is especially a problem with tight clothing around the shoulder area and weight, good lucking using less polygons on your clothing without having polygon sticking out on your halter-top, even with ZAP because weighting and other things will make sure you character has a couple of polygons going rouge on your yoga pants and shirt.

CBBE got lucky because the author was active during the times that BS2 was picking steam and bodies were focusing on progress to physics and such, people preferred the 'linear' design of the body and UV's with physics, that's it. If UNP had been kept up to date, and was active, then the it would have been the new standard at this point (although honestly, both of them technically are outdated at his point, and require a serious revamp that isn't about throwing more polygons on the screen or UV's unpacked with a robot).

I personally don't have an opinion about Wonder Body, but it seems like the author has a background in art related to games or 3D, because they're doing everything right so far from a technical stand-point (they even have/planned for denser polygons on the model). I'm not a fan of the nails (they're attached to the body, I personally would have preferred detachable nails) and I think the feet could stand to be cut and put in their own UV island, but apart from that, they're already quite a large ways ahead from CBBE (I mean CBBE still doesn't have a vagina or a butthole, it literally takes 30 minutes to add a vagina or a butt on a prefab model if you have access to the base model so either CBBE already started falling behind or we will get a UNP 2.0 in the next couple of months, I mean seriously, is the original CBBE base model lost or something and no one wants to admit they can't update/fix it anymore?).

Also, guys, the model just came out, it's not going to magically make every single piece of item support it, thats not how the real-world works.

i will not lie, i Love this mod, the meshes are great, and the details are fantastic, te seams are invisible, and if you have a good head texture neck seam is invisible too, all of that would be more than enough to me to say that is far best designed than any other body alread released, this is the pros.

but of ourse have the cons, for more detailed and cool textures i cant take the idead they look like a cg and kind of plastic, i was looking and think its because the normal and specular, but the most down is how annoyng is to convert mods to him i give it a try and no success to get a good conversion, im not a pro, but i always did that to other bodys like jb, evb.

and just to finish this, i see no reason to players start telling how the modder should have done his mod, not all modders do a mod to everyone tastes, but a mod will always have someone who wants it. this is what i like diversity so if i dont like one i use another, no one ever says that a player should be stucked with one body mod only, or that all modders should do mods to one body only.

and sorry the english, not my native language.

@Acornus

to simply summarise ... yeah the CBBE model is not the best (i realy hate a couple of missing "details" like proper rips) but it had/has one of the best supportive and active modder(s) getting it running. I also like the UNP mesh much more but only CBBE offered an easy to change model as they supported it with bodyslde, realy well.. how many month did UNP need to get a working bodysilde version running. (How are the morphed results meanwhile ?) ... and that is the reason why CBBE is such a success .. easy to adope to your personal task.

e.g For a comple of months i builded my own body via Blender .. but i got soooo sick to always do the same task over and over to get the model into Blender and out into Skyrim again (Especialy the supid NIF editing) that i stoped that and simply used CBBE.

For me the inverted (athletic) triangle body type with narrow hips and poorly defined waist doesn't look very appealing, especially when the char on stage is everything but slim (and tall), the optimum for this body type. No comment on pussy and anus 'quality' of my CBBE char 'cause I got my own two (and a gf as well), there are thus no in-game close-ups needed. Every man is free to have such a need though.

Have fun!

Guest Katherlne

For me, all custom body useless right now. Look on cloth and armor mods, there just one-two a good quality cloth/armor. Another 90% just a recolors and remade of vanilla cloth/armor or just some mix of all of them. And no sex mods yet. Right now in F4 no space for a good body, especially in gameplay. Maybe only for  sreenshots or clips.

About WB... I like it. I like shape, proportions, nails, fingers, all body. Can't wait to see breast physics and pubic hair system with 3d pubic hair. Oni have 3d PH mod, but long time no update and work only with vanilla hair.

Archived