Centaur in the works, fully functional (update 04.05.2017 - nexus link pg 1)

XcOm04au

that one looks like it's just using the stock boar rider animations, so that is most likely limiting what the upper body size can be anyways.

You are correct.  That is actually how I first made a centaur myself over a year ago.  But I didn't like the way it looked or moved. 

Community question, what set of animations should I focus on next, the bow or the sitting?

Community question, what set of animations should I focus on next, the bow or the sitting?

i would think that any combat animations (Eg: bow) are a higher priority.

Agreed. I never sit in an actual playthrough, really. Besides, I don't think people plan on doing story quests with this kind of race. Going into the house in Riverwood seems kind of stupid as this race. xD

Okay, when I get back to the animations for them, I'll focus on the bow animations.

Might be a few weeks before I get back to their animations though. Just finished making a huge list of bug fixes and new creatures for BoT and I'll be having to do some animations for it for the V4.2 that is coming up in a week or so.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This mod got onto MxR's youtube!!!!

Really, I never saw a review for this.

On updates, I have already made 6 of the bow animations.  It's slow going because I'm trying to figure out why the new tails for the Gorgon/Tsaesci races physics won't work properly.  Just found out about skinnedmeshphysics, trying to learn about that to see if it would work for the tails.

@wishnot4 I know this is probably WAAAAYYYYYY too early to be asking you this, and I hate to only be bothering you, but would there be by chance cervitaurs? (deertaurs) You'd probably have to make another skeleton and rig for it... but I had been looking around and the closest I've been to my preferred character is my satyr gentleman. Thank you for even attempting making a centaur it the first place!

On the update front(and I'm terribly sorry for how slow I'm going) I've made half the bow animations.  Hopefully they'll be done in the next few days and we can update the mod.

@hibiscusUnicorn,

If you know anything about rigging, you could weight the dear body to that of the horse skeleton and then assign that new mesh to the centaur.  In princible you could possibly make several differen version of the centaur by rigging other quadreped animals to it.

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry, I would have finished the bow animations weeks ago, but several things came up.  It's been kind of hectic with my team right now.  Was supposed to be teaching someone how to make animations so they could help with the work load, but it doesn't look like it's going to work out. And I've been in a funk lately and haven't been able to make any animations for almost a month now.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/21/2017 at 2:01 AM, wishnot4 said:

Sorry, I would have finished the bow animations weeks ago, but several things came up.  It's been kind of hectic with my team right now.  Was supposed to be teaching someone how to make animations so they could help with the work load, but it doesn't look like it's going to work out. And I've been in a funk lately and haven't been able to make any animations for almost a month now.

That really sucks. Don't get too demotivated though!

You have a lot made. So just gotta keep adding to it. You have a great framework it looks like. Slow and steady, or quick spurts with some lulls. As long as something is getting done.

18 hours ago, CatterHatter said:

That really sucks. Don't get too demotivated though!

You have a lot made. So just gotta keep adding to it. You have a great framework it looks like. Slow and steady, or quick spurts with some lulls. As long as something is getting done.

I hope to get back to it, but I'm having an issue with my 3ds max, can't seem to use my 3ds max 2012 any more and I'm not sure if my rig will work on my 3ds max 2010.  My max 2010 is so buggy that I almost never use it.

• 1 month later...

Is it theoretically possible to have a playable centaur race that can also be ridwable?  Yeah, I know it'd be a ton of work, just curious if it's theoretically possible.  Maybe some combination with the shared-ride mod.  I recall an oblivion playable centaur race that seemed to work really well... 

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry guys, still can't use my 3ds max 2012 and haven't gotten around to digging out my old comp to see if I can save the animation rig file to a 3ds max 2010 format.  Also, I recently discovered that I could model, actually make models from scratch. And yes, we have plans to hopefully add rideablity to the centaurs.  We just don't know yet how to go about it.  I'm thinking that we'd have to create a quest dialogue option for it.  But at the moment, my team's leader is still out of contact, so I've been making models for the Blood Bound mod team and someone who asked me to make a Molag Bal statue.  Interesting point of fact, I learned that I can rig my Molag Bal to the draugr, add the tail bones to the draugr skeleton and give the tail behaviors like that of the Khajits and Argonians. So, that's something cool.

32 minutes ago, wishnot4 said:

Sorry guys, still can't use my 3ds max 2012 and haven't gotten around to digging out my old comp to see if I can save the animation rig file to a 3ds max 2010 format.

probably not, AnubiSs2167 once tried to give me a werewolf rig that was made in 2012 and i could not load it in 2010.

Archived