Black faces bug

@Khumak: (and anyone else whom found this subject matter interesting for them.)

I found this:

http://www.creationkit.com/index.php?title=Dark_Face_Bug

But it relies on Creation Kit's finesse which I don't have.

I discovered that the Diversity NPC Overhaul requires Apachii Hair which is no biggie since I no longer use the Seraphim textures' works which is the major reason why I have KS Haidos Lite. I going to try your suggestions first, before I make a dedicated time, ram space and risk taking  by fiddling around with my SSE's folder with my weak Creation Kit-Fu.

I will let you know the results of your suggestion even if its fails before trying anything else.

Minor correction to my previous post.  I had to stop using Tempered Skins for Males, it makes it so SOS Lite erections don't work but otherwise no changes.  You could probably put it before SOS but I think SOS would overwrite most of it's textures then.  I don't trust myself to use the creation kit without breaking things but people who know what they're doing might fix it with that.

• 4 weeks later...

Got an issue with some of my NPC's having black heads. 

I don't know when it started to happen but i can't get rid of it now. 

My Modlist: 

+Pride of Valhalla CBBE - Asgard
+CBBE meshes with Dwarven Leg. Armors
+Legendary Armors - Bikini Complete SSE V3.11
+Diverse Dragons Collection SE
+Swearing Mudcrabs Mod
-Vivid Weathers
+Alternate Start - Live Another Life
+20 percent More Perk Points
+Ordinator v808-1137-8-08SSE
+Immersive Patrols SE
+Smilodon
+Bandolier Bags and Pouches Classic SE
+Sneak Tools 0.6A
+Ambriel Black Blond Hair
+Ambriel Fully Voiced and Quest Version CBBE SE
+Immersive Citizens - AI Overhaul
+No BS AI Projectile Dodge (Magic and Arrows) - Immersive Projectiles Nondetection of Enemies
+Enhanced Blood Textures
+Skyrim Better Roads
+WATER SE
+Verdant 2.2 SSE Edition
+Tree LOD update SFO
+Skyrim Flora Overhaul SE v2.6a
+YALO SE Terrian LOD - Skyrim
+YALO SE Terrian LOD - Dragonborn
+YALO SE Terrian LOD - Dawngaurd
+YALO Alpha 2k SE
+True Storms Special Edition
+NSM - SMIM Patch
+NSM - Patch for Skyrim Special Edition (SSE)
+A. NSM - FULL PACK v.4.5.0 2K
+JK's Skyrim all in one
+Static Mesh Improvement Mod
-SMIM Special Edition 2
+2K Vanilla argonian male
+2K CBBE argonian female
+Semper Fi - FULL Replacer
+Killer Keos Skimpy CBBE V2-V3 Armor Replacer -Work In Progress- by Killer Keo
+DaggerCraftPackage
+Blue Blood Witch Armor
+Lolidia Follower
+Deadly Wenches
+Immersive Wenches -Apachii Hair version-
+Relationship Dialogue Overhaul - RDO Final
+Fantasy Soundtrack Project
+Immersive Sounds - Compendium
+Fine Face Textures for Men by Urshi Version II
+Female Facial Animation
+Bijin Wives v1.1
+Bijin Warmaiden High-resolution skin textures for CBBE
+Bijin Warmaidens v3.1.1
+Don't Show Headgears
+Ethereal Elven Overhaul
+The Ordinary Women v1.9 CBBE
+SG Female Eyebrows
+MikanEyes v2.5
+TEOB Elven Edition
+Eye of Beauty NPC eyes texture replacer
+The Eyes Of Beauty
-Color Mismatch Fix for Humans and Bretons
+ApachiiHairStylesOnNPCs
+ApachiiSkyHairFemale
+ApachiiSkyHair v 1 6 Full
+BodySlide and Outfit Studio - v4.0
+v1_3 Hotfix-68311-1-3
+KS Hairdos Renewal
-BodySlide and Outfit Studio
+Calientes Beautiful Bodies Edition -CBBE-
+RSSE Children Overhaul
-WSCO - Windsong Skyrim Chracter Overhaul
-WICO - Windsong Immersive Chracter Overhaul
+SkyUI - Ported Version 2.2 -Removed Warrning
-Ordinator v806-1137-8-06
+Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch
*Unmanaged: Dawnguard
*Unmanaged: Dragonborn
*Unmanaged: HearthFires

I tried disabling stuff like ordinary women, bijin, etc but nothing of that worked. 
My install directory of the SSE is clean, i am using MO for this. 
Anyone got any idea why this happens? 

Hi just some info I gleaned for anyone else watching this post

When using Bijin AIO after installing the other Oldrim Bijin files you must deactivate their esp in NMM apart from AIO - Bijin does not work with Oldrim CBBE in SSE at the time of writing. Also with Bijin AIO you must have the unofficial patch.

I have a tutorial on YouTube

I also notice some folks are using Windsong Wico, load order is very important when using Bijin AIO or RS Children

See the instructions here on UNP Body Renewal when using Windsong Wico under the Recommended Mods section on the page

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/1699/?

• 3 weeks later...

When using Bijin AIO after installing the other Oldrim Bijin files you must deactivate their esp in NMM apart from AIO - Bijin does not work with Oldrim CBBE in SSE at the time of writing. Also with Bijin AIO you must have the unofficial patch.

I use CBBE, Diversity, RS Children, all of the Bijin mods (SE version of Warmaidens, oldrim version of the others), and the Bijin AIO and they all work fine.  No dark face issues anywhere.  I also use the oldrim CBBE customizer for Sofia and that also works fine.  The newest version of USSEP does change facegen for a bunch of NPCs though so it causes the dark face issue with a lot of mods that have not been updated for the new USSEP.  I had to make my own patch for it.

I think the easiest way to do it is to go into SSEEDIT, filter for conflict losers, go to USSEP, and then copy each NPC to override as a new file.  Then you can drag and drop anything from your other mods into the override including all the facegen stuff from USSEP.  I was surprised how much stuff I had to do manually.  The autogenerated SSEEDIT merged patch will not do it for you.  The patch I ended up with resolves conflicts with all of the following and included a TON of NPCs:

Hearthfire

Dawnguard

USSEP

Cutting Room Floor

Apachii Hair

Diversity

RS Children

all of the Bijin mods

NPCs Protected Redux

Remodelled Armor

The Choice is Yours

I've haved this problem i success to fix it, i simply take a copy of the mod The Ordinary Women or the mod that you think is the problem but for me that this mod, opened it and delete all the file in the skyrim folder that they has the same name than the file of ordinary women, after that i've launched skyrim and bug was finally fixed!

• 6 months later...

sorry to necro this thread, but i also found a very simple solution which always worked on my computer and skyrim. occasionally i just didnt just had a black face, but a black body.

to make it short, not wanting to talk about the truckload of stuff i tried out, here is what worked: (seriously, just dont ask me why)

- shutdown your computer

- pull the power-plug so the computer has no meaning of getting power.

- press and hold the power-button for about 20 seconds, thats called a power-cycle.

after restarting the computer and skyrim, my face or body had its normal textures back.

a normal Restart didnt help, it had to be removing all the power, emptying all the capacitors or whatever, and that worked. it just worked right now again.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 11/8/2016 at 10:34 AM, dbruto99 said:

I had this issue as well and found that once I removed KS Hairdos that it fixed my problem. Not sure what to suggest other than that.

Same for me. After reading your post, I disabled Ks Hairdos (Lite?) and both parts of Tempered Male skins - SOS lite = normal faces on War maidens.

Re-activated (via NMM) both parts of Tempered male Skins/SOS = still have normal faces on War Maidens.

I'll try moving KS in the load order, because I can't remember if it was after the Binjin AIO esp, or not.

EDIT: I found that I had KS Hairdos Lite (from Beth Mod page) installed. Deleted it, and downloaded KS Hairdos SSE from Nexus. Installed and ran LOOT - which placed KS SSE below Binjin AIO = No war-maidens have black-face.

So, for me, the blackface with Warmaidens AIO was probably caused by using KS Lite instead of KS SSE.

• 2 months later...

Well this is annoying.  I moved some of my .esp's around like a previous poster suggested with bold faced markers in their list, an it cleared up my issue.  Apparently it was only a temporary issue, as black face has returned again.  I didn't add or remove anything nor did I move anything in the list order.   Such an irritating bug.

edited post (update)
Buuuuut, not as annoying as realizing overwolf overlay app was active.  An causing black face..... sigh.

I use the Improved Bards mod, the Ordinary Women mod, and Bijin's AIO mod., and had the dark face bug with the Ordinary Women mod.  What I did was reinstall Improved Bards.  Then reinstall Ordinary women,  Lastly reinstall Bijin's AIO mod.  And used LOOT to set the order.  Then I manually moved IB to load first than OW, and last Bijin's AIO mod.  As for the new CBBE.  Since I was using the old CBBE versions of the above mods.  I overwrote the body meshes with the new CBBE, and everything is working fine.  I do get the black face bug with 'Interesting NPC's'.  So far only one npc in the mod has the problem.  Also the Seranaholic and Valerica mods work perfectly with the new CBBE.

This works for me 90% of the time to fix this. Open SSE CK find the NPC that the bug is on highlight them and hit CTRL-F4 to save the facegen data. If that doesn't work the other 10% of the time open Xedit and resolve overwrite conflicts manually. Most of the time it is from hair packs conflicting with NPC overhaul mods.  

edit: Don't confuse with ALT-F4 that kills processes.

Archived