Black faces bug

I guess nothing is 100% certain with esp's, sorry it didn't work.

Hairs should't be a problem unless they replace something though, i use 6 big hair mods including KS and the only problem they cause is making showracemenu take ages to start up. :) this was even before i got the skyproc patcher.

How did you use your patcher? Did you manually use it or did you use it with MO?

Edit: Modified to .bat so it doesn't insta close. I get this message: 

Could not reserve enough space for 972800KB object heap

No idea what it means. 

It's provided with a run.bat file that i use from it's folder at Data\SkyProc Patchers\NoButchWalk

If you have java set up correctly you can probably just start ffdammit.jar without the bat file but i assume it's there for a reason. :)

I installed it manually, i don't use a mod manager to run the patcher, only to put the generated .esp file last in the load order (Well actually i've set up LOOT to do that for me automatically now ;) )

Yeah i tried it manually now. Ran the patcher, got the .esp but nope still blackfaced. Thanks anyway though

In normal Skyrim,

When you use multiple mods that effect the same NPC character's face.

You have to realize that two things are done to change the NPC face.

#1 The ESP points to specific changes,

#2 The mod comes with specific changes to the meshes and textures which then overwrite the games files structures for that NPC.

When you then use another mod that makes changes to the same NPC we then see load order issues resulting in "face bug"

This is very common and I had thought well known.

Basically you have the wrong ESP loading later in load order and its looking for specific information that now is only going to work with a different esp.

Guest Shrapnelist

I play on intel hd 520 graphics and skyrim older one running 40 fps smooth with great look but on special edition it takes longer to load, the characters all have blueish spots or visual just glitches kind of stripes all over them and it is very annoying. also my fps is around 30 or less which is horrible. It wouldve been better if they had just made the original skyrim 64 bit so it could use more than 64gb ram, new skyrim is shit imo

I play on intel hd 520 graphics and skyrim older one running 40 fps smooth with great look but on special edition it takes longer to load, the characters all have blueish spots or visual just glitches kind of stripes all over them and it is very annoying. also my fps is around 30 or less which is horrible. It wouldve been better if they had just made the original skyrim 64 bit so it could use more than 64gb ram, new skyrim is shit imo

it's easier and faster to convert skyrim nif to fallout nif, that reversing some changes to the engine

what does your intel hd 520 have to do with your inability to install mods rights?

as usual, conflict between what there is in the load order and the nif

probably, since you didn't bother posting a screen

and those glitches kind of stripes probably a mod that replace textures with ones that aren't uncompressed

I changed my Loadorder now, moved Ordinary Women below Bijin etc and moved mods like Mikan Eyes and SG Eyebrows above them. Will test it after my shift ends and report back. 

What me and Gameplayer mean is that it's not enough to simply adjust load order if the mods come with custom texture and mesh alterations, you also have to install the files themselves so they overwrite eachother in the correct order which means uninstalling the mods and then installing them in the correct order with your mod manager.

If not, one mod could be using the other mod's texture and mesh alterations, which cause the faces to become messed up.

Gameplayer: I think a lot of players who haven't modded much before and maybe haven't touched Skyrim for years found a reason to try it out with the release of Skyrim SE, trying to explain all this i realize that it's not as straightforward as it feels when you've been doing it for ages. :)

Also, the way Skyrim mods interact with eachother and mess up stuff in the game is really weird sometimes hehe, especially when it comes to faces.

Just for example sake, (having spent a bit of time over the last week on such things), the following load order in terms of face changing things seems OK for me, (apart from a non descript children I haven't fixed yet). Those in Bold in this load order effect faces and are placed in the order, (and loaded in that order for textures - because some were unpacked from 32bit bsa's). Scoped bows, (in italics), overwrites face records of certain characters so should be above them. Anyway it works for me. (Honestly it would be way easier for me if MO worked properly for SSE rather than NMM - ho hum).

Skyrim.esm
Update.esm
Dawnguard.esm
Hearthfires.esm
Dragonborn.esm
ApachiiHair.esm
ApachiiHairFemales.esm
ApachiiHairMales.esm
Campfire.esm
Inn Girls Resources.esm  <-------------------------------------
Lanterns Of Skyrim - All In One - Main.esm
TERAArmors.esm
NPCs of Dibella - Resources.esm <-------------------------------------
RSkyrimChildren.esm <-------------------------------------
AP Skyrim.esm
arnima.esm
Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch.esp
RSChildren - Complete.esp <-------------------------------------

RSChildren_PatchUSSEP.esp <------------------------------------

Cutting Room Floor.esp <------------------------------------
Cazy Hairs-by zzjay.esp
AK- Buyable Paintings and Pictures.esp
3DNPC.esp <------------------------------------
Elemental Destruction.esp
Ordinator - Perks of Skyrim.esp
Elemental Destruction - Ordinator Patch.esp
Immersive Sounds - Compendium.esp
Demonika.esp
SkyTEST-Settings.esp
Skyrim Chocolate - No Cooking No Perks.esp
HarvestOverhaul_Redone.esp
HRO_OrdinatorPatch.esp
Tanning And Smelting Experience.esp
Combat Evolved.esp
TrueBrows.esp
TrueEyes.esp
Immersive Wenches.esp <------------------------------------

Deadly Wenches.esp <------------------------------------

LoreWorthyBandits.esp <------------------------------------
Thunderchild - Epic Shout Package.esp
SkyTEST-RealisticAnimals&Predators.esp
Holidays.esp
Inconsequential NPCs.esp <------------------------------------
Run For Your Lives.esp
Darkwater Crossing.esp
Shor's Stone.esp
Immersive Patrols II.esp
Ivarstead.esp
Kynesgrove.esp
Whistling Mine.esp
Karthwasten.esp
Soljund's Sinkhole.esp
AKSkyrimUnderground.esp
Raven Rock.esp
Retching Netch Seating.esp
SofiaFollower.esp
Storefront.esp
Better Vampires.esp
VampireLordPerksExpandedBVComp.esp
BloodthirstVampireFeeding.esp
WerewolfPerksExpanded.esp
Populated Forts Towers Places Legendary.esp
Populated Dungns Caves Ruins Legendary.esp
ScopedBows.esp  <--------------------------------------------- Note this changes certain key characters to have bows, (but for some reason includes their body layouts as well), and therefore should be loaded before fancy face changing stuff.
ScopedBows_ArrowTweaks.esp
ScopedBows_EagleEyeTweak.esp
NudeYngvildSpirits.esp
NPCs of Dibella.esp <------------------------------------

Prettier Bandits.esp <-----------------------------------

BijinAIO_SSE-3.1.1-SV.esp <------------------------------------

Hott Interesting NPCs.esp <------------------------------------

Hott Vampires 2.esp <------------------------------------

Hott Witches.esp <------------------------------------

HousecarlsAreTanks.esp
HousecarlsAreTanks-HF.esp
forgottencity.esp
Apocalypse - Magic of Skyrim.esp
Ars Metallica.esp
Solsthdungeonpack.esp
BetterQuestObjectives.esp
BarenziahQuestMarkers.esp
DiverseDragonsCollectionSE.esp
LrsamwaysExpandedSkyrimWeaponry.esp
More_Silver_Weapons.esp
Thief skills rebalance for Ordinator.esp
Search and Destroy.esp
VioLens SE.esp
VioLens SE - Book Menu.esp
WetandCold.esp
WheelsOfLull.esp
HoldBorderBanners.esp
Man Those Borders!.esp
ExpandedCarriageService.esp
CarryOnSkyrimBenAsFollowerV2.2.esp
blackreachrailroadnew.esp
The Paarthurnax Dilemma.esp
Forgotten DungeonsSSE.esp
iNeed.esp
AKHHAlternateRoute.esp
dD - Realistic Ragdoll Force - Realistic.esp
dD-Increase Fall Damage.esp
Imperious - Races of Skyrim.esp
KS Hairdo's.esp
OblivionJailSystem.esp
skyBirds_SSE.esp
Optional Starting Spells.esp
Skyrim Alchemy Fixed - Ordinator.esp
Rebalanced Leveled Lists.esp
You Hunger.esp
You Hunger Brutal Leveled Lists.esp
You Hunger No Lootable Crops.esp
SkyrimCoinReplacerRedux.esp
SCRR Coin Weight.esp
Remodeled Armor - Underwear.esp
Remodeled Armor - Vanilla Replacer.esp
Remodeled Armor - Vanilla Replacer - Dawnguard.esp
Remodeled Armor - Vanilla Replacer - Dragonborn.esp
TrXArmor - Stand Alone.esp
KWs Sublist Vanilla.esp
KWs Sublist TrXArmor - Stand Alone.esp
manny_eyeglasses.esp
Merged Books.esp
SummonableChest.esp
Tera Armor Level List.esp
TERA Weapons.esp
ElementalArrows.esp
A Month of Internet Depravity Weapon Pack.esp
Second Month of Internet Deprivation.esp
StaffVariety.esp
DrSKnapsacks.esp
DrSMeadKegPack.esp
LightArmorClothing.esp
Equippable Tomes.esp
Equippable Tomes - Campfire Add-On.esp
Thief Friendly Skeletons.esp
Cliffracers_Solstheim_SSE.esp
WildHerdsOfSkyrim.esp
IHSS.esp
Horse Texture Replacer.esp
SolitudeTempleFrescoes.esp
Immersive Artwork v1.2.esp
dD - Enhanced Blood Main.esp
dD-Larger Splatter Size.esp
Celtic Music in Skyrim - Combat.esp
Celtic_Music_In_Skyrim_SE_Dungeon.esp
Celtic_Music_In_Skyrim_SE.esp
When Vampires Attack.esp
Wildcat - Combat of Skyrim.esp
NoLeveledItemRewards.esp
Facelight.esp
ThievesGuildTrapDoor.esp
whiterun spruce by revan1199.esp
OldHroldanRuins.esp
skysan_icicle.esp
notice board.esp
BHTNF.esp
DustEffectsSSE.esp
TrueStormsSE.esp
DarkerNights.esp
RealisticWaterTwo.esp
Realistic Water Two - iNeed.esp
Quieter Dungeons and Caves.esp
more idle markers.esp
TLE Recommended.esp
Disable Fast Travel SE.esp
Simple AUA.esp
CookingAlchemy.esp
ServicesAssets.esp
AltarsDontCureDiseases.esp
Merchants and Citizens Have No Lockpicks.esp
Craftable Locpicks - 5.esp
Patch - Inconsequential NPCs - RS kids.esp <------------------------------------

Patch - Interesting NPCs - RS kids.esp <------------------------------------

RSChildren_NonPlayableOverride.esp <------------------------------------

XPMSE.esp
dD-No Spinning Death Animation Merged.esp
FNIS.esp
Alternate Start - Live Another Life.esp
MERGED PATCH.esp
Scarcity - Less Loot Mod.esp
Scarcity - 6x Loot Rarity.esp
Scarcity - 4x Merchant Item Rarity.esp
Bashed Patch, 0.esp

As I said just for example. Also not entirely sure the whole built in black face thing is strictly true in all circumstances, because I've changed load order after looking in SEEEdit and reloaded to have the faces become OK. So I suspect it's more not getting the assest loaded in the right order with their respective .esp's.

(Honestly it would be way easier for me if MO worked properly for SSE rather than NMM - ho hum).

It actually does. There is even a plugin to make it recognize SSE

But okay i understand what you guys mean. Seems like i do have to uninstall and reinstall them. 

What i did in the past was to install apachii npc, then ordniary women and then Bijin. I guess i will try switching ordinary women and bijin.

Edit:

So i went ahead and removed every single character changing mod i had. Then i reinstalled them, one after the other, checkign my loadorder etc aaaand npc's are still blackfaced.  

If someone thinks i am too stupid to do it right: I do have teamviewer. 

One thing that wasn't brought up is that overhaul mods from old Skyrim that edits NPC's can cause all kinds of problems in Skyrim SE regardless of how you install them so make sure your overhauls are made for SSE and/or try to track down the problem by disabling those that are not.
Ordinary women work fine and Bijin works great with the new All-in-one mod for SSE, all old hair assets are fine for me so far but i've had some old overhauls (I mess around a lot with old mods) that add them to NPC's do everything from messing up the appearance of individual NPC's to crashing skyrim completely. I've had no success trying to fix this with the CK and xEdit at all so i just use what works without conversion.

I've recently had the same problem, anything that adjusts an NPC or follower can cause the problem - I've had one with a pink face as well - Freyane - but I fixed that by adding a missing texture and updating a nif file (although I can't release her as a follower for some reason) but then I am using an original save game to test add on's.

The three I had were 'UFO (skyrim bsa unpacked)', 'House Carls have lives' and 'Bijin All in one 3.1.1' they all change bits and having them in any other order resulted in black faces for some followers.

Some of the missing armors are simply because skyrim doesn't like the nif file - Emfy underwear  resulted in large coloured triangles and it's halo was a black ring but a quick import and export in outfit studio fixed them. There's new util on Nexus - 'SSE nif optimizer' which might do the same thing but in a command line.

Make sure you use LOOT first an then move nobutchwalk.esm so it's the very last mod loaded, it has to be after bashed patch as well if you use it.

Also make sure the face option is enabled in the skyproc patcher

Seems like i didn't get it to work then. I added the .bat like they described it, ran it but not much happened afterwards. I also have no .esm. 

I had this issue as well and found that once I removed KS Hairdos that it fixed my problem. Not sure what to suggest other than that.

KS? Damn, will try that but it would be a shame if i had to get rid of it. I really like the hairstyles. 

I've found out that the KS Hairdo's .esp does modify NPCs.  Remove them from the mod.

Make sure you use LOOT first an then move nobutchwalk.esm so it's the very last mod loaded, it has to be after bashed patch as well if you use it.

Also make sure the face option is enabled in the skyproc patcher

Seems like i didn't get it to work then. I added the .bat like they described it, ran it but not much happened afterwards. I also have no .esm. 

I had this issue as well and found that once I removed KS Hairdos that it fixed my problem. Not sure what to suggest other than that.

KS? Damn, will try that but it would be a shame if i had to get rid of it. I really like the hairstyles. 

I've found out that the KS Hairdo's .esp does modify NPCs.  Remove them from the mod.

My version doesn't have any NPC records at all, only head parts, i'm using the latest KS Hairdos renewal from Nexus:

http://www.nexusmods...im/mods/68311/?

I've found a pretty good way of dealing with multiple NPC overhauls. Even though i had some mods working nicely together, it doesn't take much to mess everything up with loose files when adding more and i think the problem is how the mod manager organizes files.
The main problem is the conflicting facegen files so i just converted all my mods' resources to BSA archives using the CK archiver and saved them with the same name as the esp. Now there is no way of the files overwriting eachother and they are always read according to the load order. The Bijin installers are too complex to put in BSA's but they are the only NPC mods with loose files so they don't conflict with any other files on the HD and they are supposed to have priority anyays.
So now i have UNO (KS Hairs), Ethereal Elven Overhaul, Ordinary Women and RS Children as BSA mods with Bijin AIO's loose files on top of them, all working great together. :)

• 1 month later...

The black face bug is an old problem that occurs when several mods edits the same NPC faces, there's no easy fix and often even mods that has nothing to do with NPC's edits them but i recently found a great mod called NPCProc (NoButchWalk) that works great with SSE:

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/73415/?

It's a SkyProc Patcher that was meant to fix so all females use female animations but as a bonus it has other functions, one of those is to fix the face miscolouring. It does this by using a list (faces.txt) where you can enter which facemod's esp should have priority.

It's the only thing that has ever worked for me, i now use a whole bunch of mods that changes NPC's without any faces problems for the first time since Skyrim was released. :)

It can be a bit complex to use if you're not used to this kind of patcher but once you get the hang of it it's easy. Instructions are on the mod page.

Any way to solve this without starting a new game?

I had ApachiiSkyHair. I removed but problems persists as mentioned by others. Maybe I have another mod that is causing conflicts? I also tried emptying the facegendata folder with no success.

My modlist:

0 0 Skyrim.esm

1 1 Update.esm

2 2 Dawnguard.esm

3 3 HearthFires.esm

4 4 Dragonborn.esm

5 5 Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch.esp

6 6 Campfire.esm

7 7 RSkyrimChildren.esm

8 8 ClimatesOfTamriel.esm

9 9 Falskaar.esm

10 a Cutting Room Floor.esp

11 b Immersive Sounds - Compendium.esp

12 c EnhancedLightsandFX.esp

13 d Realistic Lighting Overhaul - Major City Interiors.esp

14 e Rigmor.esp

15 f Immersive Citizens - AI Overhaul.esp

16 10 Realistic Lighting Overhaul - Minor Cities and Town Interiors.esp

17 11 WICO - Immersive People.esp

18 12 MagicalCollegeOfWinterhold.esp

19 13 Verdant - A Skyrim Grass Plugin SSE Version.esp

20 14 RealisticWaterTwo.esp

21 15 QaxeQuestorium.esp

22 16 Helgen Reborn.esp

23 17 Undeath.esp

24 18 OBIS SE.esp

25 19 DwemerColosseum.esp

26 1a Realistic Lighting Overhaul - Major City Exteriors.esp

27 1b Realistic Lighting Overhaul - Dawnguard Interiors.esp

28 1c Distin.esp

29 1d Realistic Lighting Overhaul - Dungeons.esp

30 1e Better Vampires.esp

31 1f RealisticNeedsandDiseases.esp

32 20 Ordinator - Perks of Skyrim.esp

33 21 GrandPaladinSE.esp

34 22 skyBirds_SSE.esp

35 23 MoonAndStar_MAS.esp

36 24 vaticidal.esp

37 25 SkyTEST-RealisticAnimals&Predators.esp

38 26 Hothtrooper44_ArmorCompilation.esp

39 27 Point The Way.esp

40 28 CultofAgnar.esp

41 29 SimplyBiggerTreesSE.esp

42 2a Clockwork.esp

43 2b Run For Your Lives.esp

44 2c SMIM-SE-Merged-All.esp

45 2d Ars Metallica.esp

46 2e DiverseDragonsCollectionSE.esp

47 2f AmazingFollowerTweaks.esp

48 30 Hothtrooper44_Armor_Ecksstra.esp

49 31 Realistic Lighting Overhaul - Weathers.esp

50 32 Realistic Lighting Overhaul - Dawnguard Weathers.esp

51 33 UnreadBooksGlow.esp

52 34 VioLens SE.esp

53 35 Vivid WeathersSE.esp

54 36 TrueStormsSE.esp

55 37 WICO - Immersive Character.esp

56 38 WICO - Immersive Dawnguard.esp

57 39 WICO - Wild Hunt Gears.esp

58 3a Realistic Water Two - iNeed.esp

59 3b Horse Storage.esp

60 3c Whistle.esp

61 3d IHSS.esp

62 3e Blowing in the Wind SSE.esp

63 3f Immersive Patrols II.esp

64 40 Immersive Wenches.esp

65 41 Song of Parkin-san.esp

66 42 Bloodworm.esp

67 43 SofiaFollower.esp

68 44 Phenderix's Magic Evolved.esp

69 45 Frostfall.esp

70 46 RealisticNeedsandDiseases_Frostfall Patch.esp

71 47 VioLens SE - Book Menu.esp

72 48 WetandCold.esp

73 49 Ivarstead.esp

74 4a Diverse Horses SE.esp

75 4b Horse Texture Replacer.esp

76 4c Better Horses 3.0.esp

77 4d WitchhunterPack.esp

78 4e Chesko_LoreBasedLoadingScreens.esp

79 4f TESGLoadingScreens.esp

80 50 SSE High Quality Music.esp

81 51 MharphinV2.0.esp

82 52 AKShadowsOfThePast.esp

83 53 RSChildren - ACK.esp

84 54 RSChildren - Complete.esp

85 55 RSChildren_PatchUSSEP.esp

86 56 Blowing in the Wind - RLO Major City Exteriors Patch SSE.esp

87 57 MCoW_ELFX.esp

88 58 OpulentOutfits_SSE-2016 AIO.esp

89 59 Dreamborne Islands.esp

90 5a Skyrim Flora Overhaul.esp

91 5b RuniosRing.esp

92 5c jurgholm.esp

93 5d WheelsOfLull.esp

94 5e RSChildren - PlayableHairPatch.esp

95 5f AmeNoMurakumo.esp

96 60 notice board.esp

97 61 blackreachrailroadnew.esp

98 62 ForgottenCity.esp

99 63 ajd_lochnessmonster_sse_pc.esp

100 64 iNeed.esp

101 65 Conan_Hyborian_Age.esp

102 66 ApotheosisDemo.esp

103 67 Civil War Extended.esp

104 68 The Paarthurnax Dilemma.esp

105 69 AKTheLostDwemerCastle.esp

106 6a moonpath.esp

107 6b Apocalypse - Magic of Skyrim.esp

108 6c Blowing in the Wind - SMIM Merged All Patch SSE.esp

109 6d In the Time of Need.esp

110 6e Gildergreen Regrown.esp

111 6f DanBullMod.esp

112 70 BOTI.esp

113 71 IcePenguinWorldMap.esp

114 72 Civil War Commander.esp

115 73 BarenziahQuestMarkers.esp

116 74 dD - Enhanced Blood Main.esp

117 75 Spells Emit Light.esp

118 76 When Vampires Attack.esp

119 77 Vivid Weathers - Extended Snow.esp

120 78 Vivid Weathers - Extended Rain.esp

121 79 DisableHDREffects.esp

122 7a Imperious - Races of Skyrim.esp

123 7b Open Cities Skyrim.esp

124 7c Alternate Start - Live Another Life.esp

125 7d Immersive Citizens - OCS patch.esp

126 7e Blowing in the Wind - Open Cities Skyrim Patch SSE.esp

I guess nothing is 100% certain with esp's, sorry it didn't work.

Hairs should't be a problem unless they replace something though, i use 6 big hair mods including KS and the only problem they cause is making showracemenu take ages to start up. :) this was even before i got the skyproc patcher.

How did you use your patcher? Did you manually use it or did you use it with MO?

Edit: Modified to .bat so it doesn't insta close. I get this message: 

Could not reserve enough space for 972800KB object heap

No idea what it means. 

I'm a programmer, so I recognize what this means.  It's a memory error.  

Considering how you modified some sort of batch file, it seems that you also have a technical background yourself.  Did I answer your question, or did you already know that this might be a memory problem but was asking for something more specific?

• 4 weeks later...

I had the black face issue after installing immersive wenches and the patches for Apachii Hair and KS. Each Wench had black faces. I have just uninstalled the patch files and left the main Immersive wenches file loaded. Seems to have worked. No more Black faces on the wenches. Although they now only have normal Skyrim hairdos, I can suffer as the face colous now match their body colours :)

Don't know if that'll be of help to anyone else.

• 2 weeks later...

Did we ever find an answer to this? I recently installed quite a few mods myself for Skyrim SE. Lydia's face is now brown and she has purple hair. She's actually pretty terrifying to look at. Luckily I installed the "Jenna" mod and found her. She's much better looking than Lydia anyway. But I've still got black faces everywhere. Including the Jarl of Whiterun. Nasty!

I just started loading up my SE install with mods and decided to start by following this Skyrim S.E.P.T.I.M. guide for SE: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/2846/?

So far so good, but I have run into a few things including the dark face issue.  In my case the thing that seemed to cause it was Diversity.  I resolved it by moving it below all of my face/body mesh/texture replacers.  Now faces match bodies.

Well i installed LOOT which is supposed to configure my mods in the correct order, but that didn't seem to fix this problem at all. Also, after playing for a week without any CTD's all of the sudden the game started to CTD every time I got into combat. I hadn't installed any new mods in a couple of days when that started happening. So that was weird and I still haven't figured out why it worked fine and then started CTDing after working fine for a week. The other problem I have is that my follower Jenna has somehow lost her head. Now when I use the flower girl options, she's totally visible. But when she's fully clothed, her head is missing. Her helmet is empty.

It's rather frustrating because i was having no issues at all and my computer is a beast and can handle everything I throw at it, so I'm pretty sure it's not a Vram problem or gpu/cpu problem. I'm planning on installing Wrye Bash tonight when I get home and maybe that will help with the problems. Maybe I'll try S.E.P.T.I.M.and see if it is an improvement over LOOT. I'll let you know if anything improves. 

Hello, I'm also experiencing this black face bug problem and need some advice on my next attempt on fixing it.

MY CURRENT SITUAUTION WITH THIS BLACK FACE BUG ANOMALY:

I'm currently experiencing the Black face bug with some of the Vanilla-based NPCs that are managed by AOI Bijin system and had tried both the manual overwriting of textures and meshes folders and creative load order 101 to no avail.

I'm thinking of giving the Skyrim Mods Optimizer (SMCO) the nod to get in there and see what it can do about this blackface bug but that utility comes with warnings and I do trust warnings; especially those posted by the mod's author(s).

Yet when the author's efforts to explained how to avoid or when the author's English isn't great; I will definitely seek for more information first before applying such a program on experimental basis. As for the instructions given at the SMCO and the note there about the NIF Optimizer (which would have been my next try in fixing this problem) coupled with author given as the way to resolved the "why is this caution warning here" sounds scary enoiugh that even looking for examples for assurance on what the right way of doing it and the things you don't do with this utility program concerning the black face bug.

I'm bringing my question here because my Skyrim Mod Engine's dephts is more suitable than inappropiate to discuss here than at that other site which harbors too much judgment to be entitled a name in a post on this website by me: (or was that the other way around and its just me?)

This Is My Dovahkin Adventuring Playground Make-up

00 Skyrim.esm

01 Update.esm

02 Dawnguard.esm

03 HearthFires.esm

04 Dragonborn.esm

05 unofficial skyrim special edition patch.esp

06 RaceCompatibility.esm

07 sse - optimized textures (xp).esm

08 cutting room floor.esp

09 RaceCompatibilityUSKPOverride.esp

0A dd - realistic ragdoll force - realistic.esp

0B fpsboost.esp

0C big_kill_moves_sp0.esp

0D amazingfollowertweaks.esp

0E Ordinator - Perks of Skyrim.esp

0F Simple Two-Handed Rebalance.esp

10 staffxp.esp

11 merlinsarsenal.esp

12 smarter combat ai.esp

13 dovahkiin_keep.esp

14 immersive wenches.esp

15 sofiafollower.esp

16 aigis.esp

17 berserkerherculesnpc.esp

18 Schlongs of Skyrim - Light.esp

19 beltfastenedquivers.esp

1A Alduin78_StarWars.esp

1B gargoylusarmorlagrie.esp

1C molten glass armor_sa.esp

1D aimtrue.esp

1E BloodWitchArmor.esp

1F ebonyarchmagearmorlagrie.esp

20 banditry_furarmor.esp

21 Capes&Cloaks.esp

22 FurSet by keung.esp

23 Opposite Gender Animations Fix.esp

24 BijinAIO_SSE-3.1.1-SV.esp

25 specialeditionfollowers.esp

26 OGAF+USSEP Patch.esp

27 ks_hairdo's_lite.esp

Bijin Warmaidens.esp

28 capable housecarls.esp

Bijin NPCs.esp

Bijin Wives.esp

Serana.esp

Valerica.esp

29 SGEyebrows.esp

2A icepenguinworldmap.esp

2B essentialhousecarls.esp

2C sharkrevealeffects.esp

2D FNIS.esp

2E perkpointsperlevel.esp

2F DibellasCompulsion-NudeSpell-1-1.esp

30 skintone2.esp

31 1poundbones.esp

32 an adventurer's abode.esp

33 SexLab-AmorousAdventures.esp

34 helgenhouse.esp

35 breezehome basement.esp

36 FlowerGirls SE.esp

37 apocalypse - magic of skyrim.esp

38 elemental_staffs.esp

39 apocalypse - cheat chests.esp

3A FlowerGirls SE - IW Patch.esp

40 widescreen_skyui_fix.esp

3B FlowerGirls SE - Amorous Patch.esp

3C thunderbirdarmor.esp

3D FNISspells.esp

3E rebalanced leveled lists.esp

3F Sit Anywhere.esp

05 unofficial skyrim special edition patch.esp

41 XPMSSE.esp

42 alternate start - live another life.esp

43 relationship dialogue overhaul.esp

44 rdo - aft v1.66 patch.esp

=====================================================

ALSO IN MY SSE DATA FOLDER THAT MAYBE RELATED TO THIS BUG ARE:

Nudes - FavoredSoulMeshes-Erescted Version (for only overwriting BMR 2.33's asset slots; making a stable patch for an better aesthical Flower Girls/Better Male Remesh patch)

Better Males Remesh 2.33 (All asset slots are overwritten manually by Nudes - FSM-EV)

UNP Female Body Renewal (Currently these textures and meshes files resolved as been overwritten manually where it conflicts with Fair Skin Complexion and AIO Bijin.)

Fair Skin Complexion (Currently these textures and meshes files resolved as been overwritten manually where it conflicts with AIO Bijin only. It also in most parts overwrites SG Eyebrows so the SGE can do what its title says only.)

SkyUI 5.1

QD Inventory SSE

=================================================================

BASICALLY THE STAND-ALONE MODDED FOLLOWERS PRETTY MUCH COMES WITH THEIR OWN MESHES AND TEXTURES AS FILES OR WEIGHT NUMBERS AND THEY RECIEVES THEIR ARMOR AND WEAPONS FROM THE STAND-ALONE MODS I WOULD DOWNLOADED EXCLUSIVELY FOR THEM WHICH IS PROBABLY WHY I HAVE NO BUGS SHOWING UP ON THEM. 

MY QUESTIONS:

Have any of you tried the SMCO found here where this link takes you to:

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/13529/?

and did it either fixed Blackface bug or did you find it simply expelled the bug completely?

Or have anyone here used the more simplified NIF Optimizer here where this link takes you to:

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/4089/?

and would it solve this Black Face Bug problem?

Also if you had, did it simply work without crashes (My present SSE mod engine set-up never crashed on me;) or is it really more trouble than its worth?

Or are these type of utilities programs is the wrong approach for this type of problem/bug?

As for now; I kinda starting to like the new Lydia's redguard babe look but as for some of the other NPCs; let's just say I'm growing tired of finding a new case here and there.

Thanks goodness its only catch effect on the vanilla NPCs or I would have been spending another whole day rebuilding my Skyrim mod's engine again.

For some reason Idolaf Battleborn is the guy I had the most problems with the black face issue.  All females and most other males I ran into had no issues.  So I used Alternate start to repeatedly tweak my load order and start a new game at the Bannered Mare in Whiterun until I finally got a setup where he looks right and SOS still works.  I have all of my Face/body replacers and customizers at the very bottom of my load order just before Alternate Start.  The order that works for me is:

Diversity (SE)

SOS Lite (SE)

Tempered Skins for Males - Nude Version (SE)

Bijin NPCs (Oldrim)

Bijin Warmaidens (Oldrim)

Bijin Wives (Oldrim)

Seranaholic (Oldrim)

Valerica (Oldrim)

Sofia Customizer (Oldrim)

Bijin AIO SSE - SV (SE)

RSSE Children Overhaul (SE)

CBBE (Oldrim)

Bodyslide (Oldrim)

Demoniac (Oldrim)

Beards (SE)

All faces and bodies match now, no neck seams, SOS works, no black faces.  I swear I spent all day moving this crap around before I finally got an order that works.  I even managed to corrupt one of my save games moving stuff around repeatedly and then saving instead of starting a new game initially.

Archived