40 minutes ago, Blaze69 said:

Maybe. Refitting hoods and helmets for the race is something I've thought about already, but my tests haven't been successful so far (aka I couldn't get them to look good. I may give it a try again in the future.

a starting point:

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/15927/?

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/22214/?

43 minutes ago, Kuroyami said:

Not entirely sure about permissions, and at least the first is a compilation sourced from other mods, but...

Bound Armory Extravaganza - the MCM version

Bound Blades Katana - with Bound Armory Compatibility

Second link looks just like it. There is no permission info on the page, but looking at the sword meshes, seems like the only difference with the vanilla meshes are some edits to the shader properties, so I should be able to replicate those edits without using the meshes from the mod (and thus prevent the need to ask for permissions and the possibility of the author not granting them).

I'll see if I can get it to work.

24 minutes ago, MadMansGun said:

Already know about the closefaced helmets mod. The problem comes from the head shape; having the back of the head match the human shape does help with hairstyles and with helmets/hoods that don't cover or obstruct the front of the face, but it causes trouble with any item that does (most notably closefaced helmets) :classic_undecided:.

Anyway, as I said, I'll look into it again at some point and see if I can get them to look good, and Nightro may do so as well.

On 9/8/2018 at 10:01 AM, Kuroyami said:

[...]

Managed to get it to work. Fume now uses her own custom Bound Sword spell that summons a katana. No fancy blue fire or fade in FX because that actually requires mesh edits I don't know how to do, but at least it glows blue-ish and is a bit translucent (like the vanilla Drainheart Sword). And it works, of course.

In other news, here's a bit of a sneak peek at the new female head, even if it's just to show that progress is still ongoing, lol.

DISCLAIMER: this is just a quick and dirty mockup of what the new head is meant to look like. It's still far from final, and the ingame mesh has several issues (most notably, the distorted fin "stubs" that clip into the new separate fins). At the very least, there will be some tweaks and shape changes to it, so again, just a rough mockup.

Spoiler

There are other things to do as well once the base shape is done, like cleaning up the morph files (the morphs for mouth and lips really don't want to play nice with the new shape), so unfortunately it may take a bit for the update to be finished. More on it as it happens.

1 hour ago, Blaze69 said:

Managed to get it to work. Fume now uses her own custom Bound Sword spell that summons a katana. No fancy blue fire or fade in FX because that actually requires mesh edits I don't know how to do, but at least it glows blue-ish and is a bit translucent (like the vanilla Drainheart Sword). And it works, of course.

In other news, here's a bit of a sneak peek at the new female head, even if it's just to show that progress is still ongoing, lol.

DISCLAIMER: this is just a quick and dirty mockup of what the new head is meant to look like. It's still far from final, and the ingame mesh has several issues (most notably, the distorted fin "stubs" that clip into the new separate fins). At the very least, there will be some tweaks and shape changes to it, so again, just a rough mockup.

Reveal hidden contents

Shark_Ref_1.pngShark_Ref_2.pngShark_Ref_3.png

There are other things to do as well once the base shape is done, like cleaning up the morph files (the morphs for mouth and lips really don't want to play nice with the new shape), so unfortunately it may take a bit for the update to be finished. More on it as it happens.

Lol, your not gonna show the pictures before your edited morph reference? Even if the eyes look uncanny, it still gives a clear image of the head fins.

On 9/8/2018 at 11:27 PM, NightroModzz said:

Lol, your not gonna show the pictures before your edited morph reference? Even if the eyes look uncanny, it still gives a clear image of the head fins.

My bad, you have a very good point about the fins. It's just... those eyes are creepy as hell. I don't know why, they are not badly done or anything (quite the opposite, probably took you quite some work to get the eyelid shape like that), but they just feel weird. The effect isn't as strong in the pics, though, specially with all chargen sliders at 0 and with no hair.

Anyhow, here are the other pics:

Spoiler

So, the suggestion has been made, quite a while ago, that Fume or Fumetsu is more of an assumed name, or something she was called, and it stuck. Well, obviously that means she has a different name, and now it is more official. I'm not sure it is going to be a spoiler for her related quest, but for those interested, you can learn of her real name in the blog. There is also a more in-depth backstory for her there too. 

Otherwise, a few of her more random lines.

Spoiler

F – [In Caves or Mines] Oh, do not tell me that is a spider right next to my...oh, right. No, they just twitch like that. 

F – [In Windhelm, ONCE] I'll admit, a good place for a spy would be among a group who seemingly has no interest in a conflict. 
         |
        F - But I think in this case, it is all in this idiot's head, and he is otherwise just waving...ah, who cares...

F – [In Windhelm] I swear, one idiot asks if I am cold...

F – [In Whiterun(Capital), ONCE] Something else about this bloody Civil War...

F – [In Whiterun] I'm going to love the look on that bard's face, if he sees me again...

F – [In Riften, ONCE] So I've heard this Black-Briar family has a lot of influence in this city...
        |
      [PC] So it seems.
             |
            F - That is not saying I plan to cause trouble for her, but I'm not walking on eggshells trying to avoid it.

[PC] [PlayerInThievesGuild] I'm not too worried about her. 
              |
             F - Neither am I. She can hire all the mercenaries she wants - it would only be wasted gold in the end.

[PC] [PlayerIsNightingale] Maybe, but I don't plan on letting her thumb control me.
             |
            F - Why would you? 

[PC] [PlayerIsNightingale] I'll respect her, at least.
             |
            F - Why...ah, yes. I get it. Some respect is due, but the rest, one must earn.

[PC] [PlayerIsTGMaster] You think I'm going to let her control me? Not a chance.
             |
            F - Sensible, but I would not take a job from her. Mostly because, I'd think it would be too personal.

[PC] [PlayerIsTGMaster] I will respect her, but that is all.
             |
            F - Why...ah, yes. I get it. Some respect is due, but the rest, one must earn.

F - [In Solitude, Docks - Close to Akario's ship and/or Akairo himself] Tch. Akario. What is he doing here?

F - [In Solitude, Docks - Close to Akario's ship and/or Akairo himself, PlayerAS-LAL-ABS-Selachii] Tch. Akario. What is he doing here?
        |
       [PC] Lending support to Skyrim? I know, it isn't too clear why.
             |
            F - Knowing him, it wasn't even the Council who had something to do with it. He organized it himself, though the Council certainly gave their blessing, as it were. 

[PC] I'm not sure, but I did come here with him.
              |
            F - WHAT. You are...Y...Fume no baka. I should have noticed.

(Not sure about the last one...she is basically calling herself an idiot.)

7 hours ago, Kuroyami said:

So, the suggestion has been made, quite a while ago, that Fume or Fumetsu is more of an assumed name, or something she was called, and it stuck. Well, obviously that means she has a different name, and now it is more official. I'm not sure it is going to be a spoiler for her related quest, but for those interested, you can learn of her real name in the blog. There is also a more in-depth backstory for her there too. 

The blog kept showing up in the "New/Updated Blogs" feed, so I was wondering what that was about. Her backstory is good, though I guess the most recent and relevant parts of it are meant to be revealed as part of her quest instead of as "background" info.

(Not sure about the last one...she is basically calling herself an idiot.)

Lol, seeing "baka" in this context gave me /r/tsunderesharks vibes.

7 hours ago, Blaze69 said:

The blog kept showing up in the "New/Updated Blogs" feed, so I was wondering what that was about.

It seems that part of it is a bit, odd. You would think that an entry would only show up in that section if you use the option to save it as if you just published it(i.e the Immediately option), but it seems to put it there even if you leave the original published date too.  

Her backstory is good, though I guess the most recent and relevant parts of it are meant to be revealed as part of her quest instead of as "background" info.

There is more to it, and perhaps what I wrote there is a bit more than I intended. Though that information will be conveyed in-game as well, since some might not actually read the blog, and a bit better to learn it there anyway. Though what is there for Fume at the moment, will likely be it, as far as the blog is concerned(save for what might go into the spoiler tags).

Lol, seeing "baka" in this context gave me /r/tsunderesharks vibes.

It could be that is completely wrong, so it might change. Otherwise, that is mostly a character trait I'd rather stay away from. Though that subreddit is indeed worth a look. 

Yep, I think I'll be re-writing this thing, at least for the Yiffy Age version. Referring to the Racial Phylogeny book, of course. 

Spoiler

After much analysis of living specimens, the Council long ago determined that all "races" of elves and humans may mate with each other and bear fertile offspring. Generally the offspring bear the racial traits of the mother, though some traces of the father's race may also be present. The majority of Tamriel's races seem to be divided along at least three lines, the races of Men, Elves, and the races such as the Argonians and Selachii. The races of Men(terminology derived from a long period of Akaviri rule), are based upon various Canines, while the Elven races are derived from Feline races, the Khajiit falling in this group, in spite of seemingly not being at all Elven. 

For the races of Men, you have the Nords, Imperials, Bretons, and Redguards. All note a perfect compatibility in creating offspring, though the only detriment to this, would be any kind of racial tensions between them. In spite of this, there have been some noted cases of offspring between them, at least suggesting these type of pairings are certainly possible. On another note, would be differences in genitalia. While for females the observations where seemingly common, and little to no difference was noted. However, for males, there is something of a variety. Some possessed sheaths, very similar to actual dogs, possessing a knot, while others had a penis very similar to records of Akaviri males, where there is no sheath, save for varying amounts of skin that covers the head or tip.

For the races of Elves, you have the Altmer, Bosmer, Dunmer, and Orsimer, along with Khajiit. They all similarly note compatibility in creating offspring, though it may be on a different level unlike with the races of Men, as some Elves might not exactly choose their partners based on race, but some level of superiority or class, though this behavior is not uncommon among the races of Men, either. Similar genitalia was noted amongst these races as well, with again females seemingly having a smaller degree of variation, while males again possessed some variance. However, while some where in possession of similar sheaths, their penises were barbed, with no knot. Alongside this, it seems the Akaviri influence includes Elves as well, and as such, some Elven males do indeed possess penises with so called "foreskin".  

It is less clear whether the Argonians and Khajiit are interfertile with both humans and elves. Though there have been many reports throughout the Eras of children from these unions, as well as stories of unions with daedra, there have been no well documented offspring. Khajiit differ from humans and elves not only their skeletal and dermal physiology -- the "fur" that covers their bodies -- but their metabolism and digestion as well. Argonians, like the dreugh, appear to be a semi-aquatic troglophile form of humans, though it is by no means clear whether the Argonians should be classified with dreugh, men, mer, or (in this author's opinion), certain tree-dwelling lizards in Black Marsh. 

Regardless, the Argonians still seem to have a similar variance among males, though with a singular addition. A sheath is still possible, though the penis within is not barbed, and perhaps like that of an actual lizard, in spite of the testicles being external. Argonians possessing a penis with a "foreskin" might have come from two sources, the Akaviri as mentioned above, or intimate interactions with the Selachii, more on this below. Additionally, it seems Argonians can possess an even more lizard-like penis, where such an Argonian has no external testicles at all, and their penis is hidden within a "slit", when not engorged due to sexual arousal. 

There is also the Selachii to note - a race bearing a similarity to the Argonians, but they appear as based on sharks, rather than lizards. Their physiology seems far more well documented, being quite open to share information about such a topic. Their bodies seem to possess scales similar to that of the Argonians, but they are much more fine, appearing very much like human skin to those not able to get close enough, and their skeletal structure is similar in form, save for the difference in the skull and the fact that they possess a tail befitting their possible ancestors, along with a fairly large fin that is at the middle of their back, which is able to bend when not swimming. Otherwise, it seems true that the Selachii are able to breed with the other races of Tamriel, though the result is almost exactly the same - the offspring depending on the mother's race. It is unknown if a child born as a result of such a union would inherit any traits from a Selachii father, or if a child born of a Selachii mother would inherit any traits from the father of a different race. 

Similarly to the other races of Tamriel, the reproductive organs of Selachii males have some variance, though it has been suggested that the source is entirely different. The Selachii believe that the more common appearance of a male penis, at least for their race, is a similar sheath to that of Argonians, though they see it has heavily changed from what their race might have originally possessed. Selachii males can also possess a penis with a "foreskin", though it seems they inherited this trait directly from Akavir itself, in that their race began seeing Selachii with such penises, before they left Akavir. They have also made it quite clear that, it is even possible for females of their race to be born with a penis, which they have, for the most part, culturally accepted. On a final note, is that other types of genitalia are possible for Selachii, though examples of this have not yet been documented by the scholars of their race.

More changes on this text certainly is likely. Not sure if I'll change any of the rest, but I might.

Sorry to bloat this topic but I finally found and fixed the weird issues I've been having with this mod. When installing it you NEED TO MAKE SURE THE MOD ESP'S ARE LAST IN THEIR LIST AS WELL, for some damn reason Mod Organizer was constantly placing them in the middle which is why I guess everything was going to hell. Seems to be working just fine now.  

2 minutes ago, FetchmetheBucket said:

Sorry to bloat this topic but I finally found and fixed the weird issues I've been having with this mod. When installing it you NEED TO MAKE SURE THE MOD ESP'S ARE LAST IN THEIR LIST AS WELL, for some damn reason Mod Organizer was constantly placing them in the middle which is why I guess everything was going to hell. Seems to be working just fine now.  

That doesn't really make sense, though. The main race master doesn't edit any vanilla records, so it doesn't really matter where it is in the load order as long as it loads before the plugins (that's also the reason why it's ESMified, as otherwise I would have to ESMify it each and every single time I wanted to use the CK). Thus, its position in the load order cannot effect the functionality.

As for the NPC plugin, it does include edits to vanilla records, so if you load it before other mods that edit the same records you may come across some bugs, but there isn't any reason for that to cause your issues either.

I'm completely baffled, but at this point I know the best course of action is saying "Okay" and being happy the bug is solved. Skyrim being broken as hell Skyrim, nothing new here, lol.

Some of Haru's dialog...

Spoiler

[PC] [Global - PlayerHaruTG=1, PlayerIsASelachii] So you grew up in Cyrodiil?
        |
       H - Yes. My mother hailed from our home in Black Marsh, and her brother is a member of the Elder Council. She sailed to Cyrodiil to visit him for a few weeks, and ended up meeting my father. 
              |
             [PC] Do you know the name of your...uncle, I guess?
                   |
                  H - Morimoto, Daisuke - at least considering the way some among my race consider names, that being family first, then your given name.
                       |
                     [PC] So do you share that family name?

[PC] Sounds like that might be in effort to have more clout with the Council?
                    |
                   H - I doubt that. My father did learn of my mother's family, but never tried using that connection to her advantage, as far as I am aware. But again, I seriously doubt she would do something like that

[PC] How well do you know the Selachii's language?
                     |
                    H - Fairly well. My mother insisted, just in case I ever traveled to Same-Shuto, or speak with Selachii not too versed in Cyrodiilic.

The conditional for it will likely change, as I'm still unsure how I want to implement this dialog(meaning his overall dialog) in contrast with his and Izumi's journals. Also, part of this dialog may, or may not define Haru's last, and thus family name, as suggested, but I'm not sure just yet. He also has some introductory dialog too, but it is fairly simple. 

A change to Fume's introduction dialog, at least one of the dialog paths, anyway.

Spoiler

F – Oi. I have to wonder, was it curiosity that brought you in here, or something else? 
       |
     [PC] (Optional) What?
             |
            F – So you just wandered into this Dwemer tower, and have no idea why?
                  |
                 [PC] Well, I was curious. So, yes.
                         |
                        F – HA. You and that Khajiit I so graciously “petted” last week. Or so he put it. Juvenile little pussy. 
                              |
                             F – [YiffyAge] A bit small and covered, but I don't mind that. Nor what he had interest in doing. Personally, I think we both enjoyed ourselves that night. 
                             F - [Vanilla] A bit small, but I don't mind that. Nor what he had interest in doing. Personally, I think we both enjoyed ourselves that night.
                                  |
                                  [PC] What do you mean?
                                          |
                                        F – Oh, please. Do not tell me you are that sheltered, to have no idea what I mean. Though I do not usually sleep around, so...
                                              |
                                             [PC] Do you at all, though?
                                                     |
                                                    F - Occasionally - since you asked. Not sure if you are interested, though.

A few parts of the "Gift of the Gods" story...

Spoiler

Himiko gently grabbed my hand, pulling me into the bed. She carefully forced my head between her breasts, which were of a size where my mature hands could not even hope to entirely grasp. I looked up at her, and she was smiling. I had seen this many times before, in spite of the fact that I knew she was always dealing with a lot. The reign of her father left our people in a state of chaos, even if he was the one to bring a kind of peace to our people. But Himiko still had a lot of work to do, when she took the throne herself. For years, even if many thing she did were seen as progressive, and moved us further towards the goal, sometimes it seemed as if she had done nothing, and problems still occurred. The foolish blamed her for it, but it was not always true that they were entirely wrong. Though whenever these things did happen, she took steps to ensure it would never happen again, or put in place measures so the damage would be far less. The very reason I ever met her, was because of what some called her "lack" of concern. 

Spoiler

He was not wrong. My father was the one who tended a garden full of these plants, trees, actually. The same one for which my name comes from. It was not exactly a rarity in Akavir, but the ones grown in certain villages by Selachii, were, special. Not just for their significance to our race, but also for their uses. At the time I did not know how this was done, but when specifically tended to, these trees bore beautiful flowers, whose petals had a variety of effects when eaten. Some of of them were aphrodisiacs, others were used to, temporarily cull the possibility for pregnancy in fertile females, while males would similarly be unable to bear a child with a female, as well as heightening their sexual pleasure. Some of this went over my head when it was explained to me, and then I had no need or really a want to sample these petals. But their value was in more than just these effects. They were sold in the capital, and supposedly our ruling family had strict laws regarding villages like mine, where they were meant to have constant protection. I did not learn until later, why my village lacked the usual guards that night, though it was in relation to something more nefarious going on in the capital, and Himiko was meant to be a victim of it, just as everybody else. The details were not known to anyone but those close to her, and I would not find out myself, for quite some time. 

Spoiler

The sword swing I saw, and dove under it, my blade finding the way through my attackers armor, piercing his side. My leg moved in such a way that he fell, and the blade came loose, spilling blood from the wound. I looked to the Selachii on the floor, and he looked up at me, coughing blood from his mouth as well. The noises I heard from the rest of the village was of no consequence. Perhaps there would be more that I would kill, perhaps there would be none, and I would die that very night. But at least I could say I was killed in a fight, and not any other way. 

Spoiler

But this was not a mercenary. The armor was too pristine, too new. It was black, with silver trim, and while it matched the designs of the armor that was common among our race, one thing was uncommon. A plate hanging around the collar, bearing the image of a red, rising sun. A symbol ushered into common use occasionally in our history, and it had been given new life with the beginning of our former King's rule, and even more so with the birth of his daughter, whom he named for this - our current Queen Himiko.

"Queen Himiko!" The soldier called out, and my eyes could do nothing but widen in shock. The soldier bowed to me, and turned to leave. Moments after she left, the one to enter my home, was...

13 minutes ago, TheLastKhajiit said:

I gotta ask, is gift of the gods going to a book in game, cause I wanna read more

As far as I know, it is indeed meant to be an ingame book. I may have to break it up into several volumes/parts like I did with Mizuno's journal already if it gets too long, because otherwise reading it becomes tedious (clicking a thousand times in a row ain't fun, not to say what happens if you exit at some point and want to pick it up from where you left), but it should be feasible.

40 minutes ago, Blaze69 said:

As far as I know, it is indeed meant to be an ingame book. 

That it is. Not exactly sure where it will appear in-game, but at this point, it most likely will be part of Gaku's collection.

It is currently 9 pages in the document, and it is at 3554 words. I do have some later parts already written, but there is likely going to be a lot more. 

What I think is going to be it for Fume's dialog that gives a lead-in for the Lost to the Ages quest.

Spoiler

[PC] [FumeIsAFollower, “Lost to the Ages” Not completed or started] You mentioned you had a job around here?
        |
      F – Oh, yes. That. Well...
            |
           F – I was approached by a Dunmer when I was staying in Solitude a week ago. He told me that he had an, associate of his go missing recently. 
                 |
                F – He was looking for someone to go find them, though honestly, his offered pay and his directions were, utter trash.
                      |
                    [PC] [(optional) Who was he looking for? 
                            |
                           F – Another treasure hunter like himself, or so it seemed. He was vague on much of the information, for some reason. He just gave me a book, which I skimmed through for the important details.

[PC - Linked] [Only if in the Reach] Is it in this region of Skyrim?
                    [PC - Linked^] Do you know where to go?
                           |
                          F – [Not in the Reach] Yes, a Dwemer ruin, in the Reach - close to that Dwemer tower I was staying in, and I believe there is an Orc stronghold very close by, as well. 
                          F - [IntheReach?, NotInReachwindEyrie] It is somewhere close to the Dwemer tower I was staying in, and there is an Orc stronghold nearby.
                          F – [InReachwindEyrie] Yes, a Dwemer Ruin – but clearly not this one. It should be somewhere close, though
                                |
                               F – I think the place is called...Ark...AH DAMMIT, just take this bloody book! [Gives Player “The Aetherium Wars”]
                                     |
                                    F – I seriously hate Dwemer names. 

[PC] (optional) You don't seem too enthused about this job.
                            |
                           F - I am not. Why? The coin may be good, but...
                                |
                               [PC] What is the problem?
                                       |
                                      F - Oh, just an insufferable Dunmer that clearly has fame and glory on his mind. No matter how hollow it might be, he likely wants it. 
                                            |
                                          F - Considering that, along with his vague directions, I certainly prefer tailing along with you, verses that idiot.

[PC] Do you not need the gold?
                                       |
                                      F - Honestly? No. 
                                            |
                                           F - But I would rather not take it from some pompous Dunmer who seriously acted like he was so above me. Some scholar with the balls to believe my reputation was ill-earned, due to apparently missing things that he expected. "You don't even have a sword!" He says. 
                                                 |
                                               F - It was all I had to not conjure it, and throw it at him

A bit of dialog for Khad...

Spoiler

[PC] You seem a bit, thin. No offense.
        |
       K - This one prefers a more, selective diet than most Nords would be used to, or comfortable with. Mostly consisting of fish, and little meat otherwise. Though occasionally, if offered, Khajiit politely accepts. Such as when dining with other Khajiit in the Caravan.
             |
            [PC] Is this by choice, or...?
                   |
                  K - Yes, though the influence is of importance. This one spent most of his childhood in the northern parts of Skyrim, in the Pale. A childhood friend was a Selachii, by the name of Kori.
                        |
                       K - Though her diet was more varied, it seemed as if parts of it allowed for keeping a...perhaps lithe figure, if that is the correct word for it. 

[PC] [PlayerUsedPreviousLine] Can you tell me more about her?
                    |
                   K - [PlayerIsASelachii] She is like you, as this one said. Though she grew up here in Skyrim, and knows only a little of her race's traditions. 
                   K - [PlayerIsNotASelachii] As this one understands, Selachii normally come from Black Marsh, an island to the south. But she was born here in Skyrim. As for the race itself, they are based upon Sharks, though they are otherwise functional the same as we are. 

[PC] You hopefully are not starving yourself...are you?
                   |
                  K - Not at all. It is only a wish to, keep myself at a certain weight. 

Some of GotG...

Spoiler

I did not watch her leave. My eyes were focused on the floor. My mind raced, thinking about what she was offering. I knew many who would jump at the chance to serve Himiko, even if it was known that she does not view those who would lay their lives down for her, as expendable. Some years ago, it was known even this far from the capitol, about the death of Tomoe Gozen, a famous warrior among our people, who had been the loyal soldier to royals before, and to enter into Himiko's service, she wanted to be matched in combat by the one she would protect. After Himiko did so, Tomoe gladly stood by her side, and protected her and others in the capitol faithfully for years. Tomoe's passing some thirty years after she entered Himiko's service was given the respect that our people usually gave to that of royals, the entire capitol willing to give reverence to a fallen soldier who many believed was much more, Himiko included. There have been others since, given the same treatment. Though this was not what I was worried about.

I could not say my life was, terrible. I lived as a noble, my father certainly having influence on the capitol, but he was content with things as they were. In a sense, so was I, but as with others my age, I did occasionally think about a future that was different. Something that would take me away from here, even if I was not in a hurry to leave.

"What happened?" I heard Minoru walk up behind me. I turned, explaining to him what happened, and he stood there in shock. He had been a heavy sleeper for years now, so it was not too surprising. "Sister, is father okay?"

"Yes - though I will indeed have him see the village's healer in the morning." I sighed. That sort of comment was something I made out of concern and respect for him, something I knew my mother once had, just the same. 

What might be a somewhat ill-thought out addition to the Timeline entry, and something which could be the solution to a question I posed myself, some time ago. 

Spoiler

>Eclipse encounters what it eventually came to know as a Dragon. For a number of reasons, no violence is incited between the two.

>The Dragon recognizes Eclipse as a creation of the Ehlnofey, but chooses to inquire as to their origins, rather than assume.

>Over time, the Dragon teaches Eclipse of it's language - Dovazul. 

>Though the Dragon does not seem to have an innate urge to mate, it eventually comes up as a question. Which the two answer in an obvious fashion. The results of this are unknown, beyond perhaps Eclipse gaining some dragonic traits, possibly influencing the race as a whole, to a degree.

The idea being, that given the knowledge that the race has some level of malleability when it comes to certain traits, and the mesh assets that are available, I reasoned that at least some of them would not make sense. As it would perhaps be odd to consider a common place practice of bestiality, regardless of the mentioned species. However, there is at least one exception to this. Horses. Well, not exactly. Like the option in HCoS, and as mentioned above, Dragons with horse cocks. Such as...tochka(NSFW - just in case).  

However, this in general just opens the option up lorewise. If it is actually added as an option for players and NPCs, I'll leave that up to you, Blaze.

Otherwise, bits of a journal for Gaku, explaining some of his story...

Spoiler

Those same people, had ambitions. Ones that I did not have. I was trying to understand the situation, and one thing I kept in mind was, the information could be wrong. Nothing more than a tale told by some old sailors. A cautionary one? A truthful one? I could not know for sure. Hence why I thought it foolish to take it before those who would all too easily believe, it was the latter. 

So I acted. Bribed the captain of a ship, with the promise of riches, along with leaving a note that suggested very different intentions. Some I had no wish to carry out, and did not. I set out on the journey with a simple truth in mind - that I would never see my home again. Friends, family, all of it becoming part of my past. No matter what happened, the events of those days forever changed my life, and certainly, that of others who would tell my story, no matter if they were right or wrong about it. 

Many miles and weeks later, we made landfall on an island that seemed a paradise. A white sand beach, clear blue water all around, and from some searching, the food growing naturally on the island was abundant. Certainly the captain and his crew were thrilled, believing it to be a good sign for the possibility of treasure being here. None of them had negative thoughts. 

We set up camp on the beach, and with all the food, it was a far better meal than what most of us had in weeks. We spent a day or two, most of the sailors exchanging their ideas on what kind of treasure they thought was here. The majority suggested gold, or silver. Perhaps in large amounts that would not only make them rich, but also bring prosperity to our city. Very few suggested things like food, in spite of that part being obviously true. But the most vocalized the wish was for the island to have an abundance of women, all of them too willing to submit to desire. 

Spoiler

Even with the knowledge, or even hope of there being riches here, it seemed almost as if most of the sailors around me had little want to actually go searching for it. I had the obvious thought to inquire as to the reason, but for myself, I thought that they had all been on just about a month long journey here, and perhaps a few days time to themselves would not go amiss. So on that point, I tried to calm my nerves as much as it seems they were. 

Only after a week, I felt myself becoming, I believe sailors of other races called it, "stir-crazy". Though for me, it was not about heat, or lack of food, but rather about the dissatisfaction I had towards knowing the secret of that scroll. It suggested something, evil, dangerous, was supposed to be here, and yet, we had seen nothing of the sort since we arrived. 

So when I went searching, I found it. 

From the beach, there was a line of trees, which eventually lead into a forest. Here the various kinds of food was far more abundant, nearly every plant bearing fruit - though something did not allow me to sample any of it. For now, the eyes were, even more present, though I still pressed on. Eventually, I came to an almost volcanic looking area, that looked ancient, with trees dotted among what seemed to be deep pools of water. 

Perhaps foolishly, I knelt, dipping my hand into this water, and I found it was...somehow different? Far different than any kind of water which I had ever drank, swam in or been around. With a taste, my eyes went wide. If this was still water, it was far purer than I had ever tasted. But with this revelation, came a sound. Like singing. It was then that I looked up, only to see a figure with silvery-white hair, seemingly bathing in a pool very close to the one I knelt next to. 

Spoiler

"I can tell you are not...entirely like them. Perhaps you know more of us than they did. But that does not matter. What you need to know, is that we can feed on other races through intimate contact, but such an action for us, can be dangerous. For if we feed upon someone, corrupted, it will mean that not only will they die, but we will as well. Hence what you see before you."

I had no idea what she meant. Corrupted? Did she mean somehow, diseased? The answer was something so simple, so base, that I found it nearly incomprehensible. Yet it seemed to hold a certain, bent, which seemed incredibly one sided. They could mate and feed off of perhaps any race, but should that race want the pleasure? Should they indulge themselves in lust? They both will die. If only these Mermaids mate and feed, the one side struggling, their prey dies, but they do not. 

4 hours ago, Kuroyami said:

What might be a somewhat ill-thought out addition to the Timeline entry, and something which could be the solution to a question I posed myself, some time ago. 

Huh, not too sure about it. Dragons in Akavir is consistent with the lore, as according to Mysterious Akavir a great deal of the continent's history is related to them (Tsaesci trying to slaughter them all, Ka Po 'Tun allying with the survivors and going against the Tsaesci, Tosh Raka wanting to become a dragon himself). So Eclipse having contact with one of them wouldn't be too far out, and could make for an interesting tale if done right. It's mainly the "mating" part that I'm not comfortable with.

I'd make it a bit more ambiguous, instead of the all-but-confirmed "and then they fucked" thing we have now. Maybe suggest Eclipse got something out of the exchange, but not specify if it's knowledge, or power, or ideas... or a dragon schlong (horse-shaped or otherwise).

However, this in general just opens the option up lorewise. If it is actually added as an option for players and NPCs, I'll leave that up to you, Blaze.

Chances are I won't add such a thing, at least for now. There are enough SOS options in the mod already and adding any new ones would feel like bloating the mod.

Doesn't mean I'm completely ruling it out, just that if it ever happens, it won't be anytime soon.

Anyway, in other news, progress on the update is still going. The hi-poly head mesh for use normal baking and reference to build the ingame mesh is close to being finished. Once it is, it will only be a matter of creating the ingame mesh and implementing it all, and thing should pick up speed once that is done. More on it as it happens.

Apart from that, there isn't much progress to report. I haven't added any new NPCs/quests/dialogue/books that I haven't mentioned already, and I don't know if I will. Depending on how long it takes for the heads to be done, I may either try to add some stuff in the update itself or skip it for now (leaving it for a future quest-focused update) and focus on getting the WIP update out ASAP.

The only new thing I can report is that I may include a new texture variant for the custom armor alongside the default one (which uses whatever textures are installed for the vanilla Blades set). While working on my update for the Predators mod, I found out Roland included a retextured Blades set in there (called "Pureblood Tsaesci" ingame), and decided to check it out on my custom armor. It's got red instead of blue for the non-steel pieces, and it's a bit more weathered and worn than the default Blades texture. I may post some pics later.

I'm not too sure about it yet, though, so it's not guaranteed to happen.

3 hours ago, Blaze69 said:

Huh, not too sure about it. Dragons in Akavir is consistent with the lore, as according to Mysterious Akavir a great deal of the continent's history is related to them (Tsaesci trying to slaughter them all, Ka Po 'Tun allying with the survivors and going against the Tsaesci, Tosh Raka wanting to become a dragon himself). So Eclipse having contact with one of them wouldn't be too far out, and could make for an interesting tale if done right. It's mainly the "mating" part that I'm not comfortable with.

I'd make it a bit more ambiguous, instead of the all-but-confirmed "and then they fucked" thing we have now. Maybe suggest Eclipse got something out of the exchange, but not specify if it's knowledge, or power, or ideas... or a dragon schlong (horse-shaped or otherwise).

Yeah, I'd agree on that being a bit too outgoing. 

Spoiler

>Eclipse encounters what it eventually came to know as a Dragon. For a number of reasons, no violence is incited between the two. 

>The Dragon recognizes Eclipse as a creation of the Ehlnofey, but chooses to inquire as to their origins, rather than assume.

>Over time, the Dragon teaches Eclipse of it's language - Dovazul. They become familiar enough where Eclipse is named in the tongue of the Dragons, and learns of the Dragon's name.

>Later Selachii would note a familiarly with Dragons not seen in other races, being more willing to see them as more complex creatures. 

Pity I can't actually put Eclipse's name in the Dragon Language, as it won't translate directly. Could possibly come up with something, but I'm not sure. 

Also added a bit to a later point to suggest this caused a bit of tension with the Tsaesci.

2 hours ago, Kuroyami said:

[...]

Liking this one better. Shame about the lack of a Dovazul translation for "Eclipse", though, but there isn't much to be done apart from trying to use existing words for the name instead of translating it right away (maybe the way dragon names are built? Three words that somewhat describe the character or their situation, like "Durnehviir --> Curse Never Dying"). or coming up with a fake word for it that sounds like Dovazul. Then again, we don't need to know the Dovazul name for Eclipse, so we can simply skip that part. Your call, I guess.

Anyhow, here is the armor texture I was talking about:

Spoiler

Shark_Armor_Red_1.png

Shark_Armor_Red_2.png

Right now I've got it set up so these two sets are Heavy armor (matching Steel and Steel Plate, respectively) while the ones that use the default/installed vanilla Blades texture are Light Armor (matching Elven and Scaled). If I end up not packing this specific texture with the mod, I could simply have the heavy sets use the same textures as the light ones (with the only difference between them being their armor type and rating) or I could pack a different texture instead. I'm open to suggestions on this.

While I'm at it, here's a closeup of the "new" male fins with the fixed normal maps:

Spoiler

Shark_Male_Fins_1.png

Shark_Male_Fins_2.png

2 hours ago, Kuroyami said:

Pity I can't actually put Eclipse's name in the Dragon Language, as it won't translate directly. Could possibly come up with something, but I'm not sure.

Vulon Lok Kun / Night Sky's Light

edit: or

Sul Tiid Vulon / Day Time Night

Sul Do Vulon / Day of Night

Vulon Ko Sul / Night in Day

Praan Vul Krein / Resting Dark Sun

Vul Sil Krein / Dark Soul Sun

2 hours ago, Blaze69 said:

Liking this one better. Shame about the lack of a Dovazul translation for "Eclipse", though, but there isn't much to be done apart from trying to use existing words for the name instead of translating it right away (maybe the way dragon names are built? Three words that somewhat describe the character or their situation, like "Durnehviir --> Curse Never Dying"). or coming up with a fake word for it that sounds like Dovazul. Then again, we don't need to know the Dovazul name for Eclipse, so we can simply skip that part. Your call, I guess.

It's only "Sun" that has a word in the Dragon Language, not "Eclipse" or "Moon". Still, as MMG suggests, there are options even so.

2 hours ago, Blaze69 said:

Anyhow, here is the armor texture I was talking about:

Looks good. The only issue would be the extreme rarity of the Selachii using gold for anything. Though it isn't just a cultural thing, since they have access to a massive resource of Silver, but would have to obtain gold(as in Ore, not Septims) from elsewhere. 

2 hours ago, MadMansGun said:

Vulon Lok Kun / Night Sky's Light

edit: or

Sul Tiid Vulon / Day Time Night

Sul Do Vulon / Day of Night

Vulon Ko Sul / Night in Day

Praan Vul Krein / Resting Dark Sun

Vul Sil Krein / Dark Soul Sun

Thank you. I'll have to think about it, but the last one might be the one I use.

Made some minor changes to Mizuno's introduction dialog. Nothing too impressive though, the biggest change being something more fitting and easier to understand for the Selachii variation on asking about him being naked. 

Otherwise, some work in progress dialog for Akario. In which, Mizuno is relevant.

Spoiler

[PC] [PlayerIsASelachii] People say you are something of a Legend. Why?
        |
       A - Many believe something, and at times, this belief means they cannot easily shift their sight to the truth. Which is, no legend begins as such. Perhaps by now the respect is something I have earned from many, but once, that was far from the truth. 
              |
             A - I was raised, like many others, on an ideal. A Legend. Believing in my childhood that carrying this weapon, and wearing this armor, made me not only invincible, but also good enough to bring the fight to all those who stood against me, or what I wished to protect.
                    |
                   A - Even when I first held this blade, I still believed that. This being before I was thoroughly defeated by my instructor, proving I knew little to nothing about the reality. Perhaps I knew then, that this is a world where magic exists, among other things, but that does not make some basics, stop being real. 
                          |
                         A - I finally realized it, and perhaps first really grasped the truth, after I was almost killed by one of the pirates I went up against, and was only saved by the captain of the ship I served on. He was a father to me, in the absence of my own. But my actions would lead to his death later that day, and while the mission was successful, his loss...was something I still try to avoid.
                                  |
                                 A - I have lost many since to some bad choices, under far different circumstances. More the situation, or the information, working against my choices. 

There will be some player responses to this, along with more to explain his background.

Spoiler

[PC] [PlayerKnowMizuno, AkarioMizunoDialogSeen, MizunoIsNotAFollower] Do you know, Mizuno?
[PC] [PlayerKnowMizuno, AkarioMizunoDialogSeen, MizunoIsAFollower] You probably see him already, but...you know Mizuno, right?
        |
       A - [PlayerKnowMizuno, AkarioMizunoDialogSeen, MizunoIsNotAFollower] A common name...but you likely mean...blue hair, orange eyes, and he is currently in Winterhold, a student of the College? 
              |
            [PC] Yes, that is who I mean.
                    |
                   A - Then I have indeed known him for some time. Including mentoring his father through some difficult times, one of those being his, troublesome marriage. Though I will keep the rest of that matter private, and request you respectfully ask Mizuno of that matter, if he wishes to speak of it - alongside giving him an apology from me, for revealing something private.

A - [PlayerKnowMizuno, AkarioMizunoDialogSeen, MizunoIsAFollower] Yoroshiku, Mizuno. Some had their doubt about your wishes, but it is clear that there is indeed merit to them. 
              |
             A - Perhaps we could discuss your time at the College, at some point. Also, it may be you have the news of your brother already, but what some are unsure of, is that he is on the track to his own ship, likely within the next few years. 

A bit of, cheating, going on here, the MizunoIsAFollower possibilities having Akario mostly address Mizuno instead of the player. Likely can't have Mizuno respond back easily, though that would only really work if both characters were voiced, and that would make the entire part more fitting of one of the scenes. But for now...