6 minutes ago, Taven said:

From what I can gather from your load order, you don't have RaceCompatibility for Skyrim And Dawnguard. You need it for many things with custom races to work. The pic you had didn't seem to have too much wrong with her though..but still, you need RaceCompatibility when dealing with custom races.

Weelllll shit, my blind ass didnt see that I didnt have it hahaha, thank you ill get this and see if this fixes the issue 

16 minutes ago, Taven said:

From what I can gather from your load order, you don't have RaceCompatibility for Skyrim And Dawnguard. You need it for many things with custom races to work. The pic you had didn't seem to have too much wrong with her though..but still, you need RaceCompatibility when dealing with custom races.

Well thats not it and ill add this in too for this race it does this as well for certain parts its like they are locked into place it does the same for the SOS 

boob issue.jpg

2 hours ago, Zexophiliac said:

Well thats not it and ill add this in too for this race it does this as well for certain parts its like they are locked into place it does the same for the SOS 

boob issue.jpg

If that mod were missing, due to both Yiffy Age and this race mod requiring it, you would get the game crashing at or before the Bethesda logo - and the mod is listed in your image of MO's Mod load order on the last page. It looks more like you are missing XP32 Maximum Skeleton Extended - XPMSE, which would cause such issues, along with others. Could be wrong though, and I may be missing it in your list. 

25 minutes ago, Kuroyami said:

If that mod were missing, due to both Yiffy Age and this race mod requiring it, you would get the game crashing at or before the Bethesda logo - and the mod is listed in your image of MO's Mod load order on the last page. It looks more like you are missing XP32 Maximum Skeleton Extended - XPMSE, which would cause such issues, along with others. Could be wrong though, and I may be missing it in your list. 

I had to manually install it since FNIS was not detecting it for some reason when I ran the program 

13 minutes ago, Zexophiliac said:

I had to manually install it since FNIS was not detecting it for some reason when I ran the program 

Well, that unfortunately means any other mods you have in MO, is overwriting that mod. Also, how exactly are you running FNIS? The best way would be to find the GenerateFNISForUsers.exe(or something to that effect, just not the ForModders one) in your data tab in on the left pane, right-click and choose "Add As Executable". Doing this adds it to the drop down list were you can see SKSE.exe, and the ones for Skyrim(TESV.exe, etc). You can then run it from there, or select it there, and choose "Add to Top Bar" which I think is under the "Add Shortcut" option below "Run" - this adds a shortcut next to the update icon. But either way should mean FNIS detects anything relevant in your mod list. 

Though you may still need to try removing XPMSE, and perhaps any other mods installed there from the data folder, and installing it in MO to see if this works. 

1 hour ago, Kuroyami said:

Well, that unfortunately means any other mods you have in MO, is overwriting that mod. Also, how exactly are you running FNIS? The best way would be to find the GenerateFNISForUsers.exe(or something to that effect, just not the ForModders one) in your data tab in on the left pane, right-click and choose "Add As Executable". Doing this adds it to the drop down list were you can see SKSE.exe, and the ones for Skyrim(TESV.exe, etc). You can then run it from there, or select it there, and choose "Add to Top Bar" which I think is under the "Add Shortcut" option below "Run" - this adds a shortcut next to the update icon. But either way should mean FNIS detects anything relevant in your mod list. 

Though you may still need to try removing XPMSE, and perhaps any other mods installed there from the data folder, and installing it in MO to see if this works. 

Yeah I just tried that and same results as usual, other races are fine whilst the shark race is buggy

1 hour ago, Zexophiliac said:

[...]

So, I don't have much time right now so a more in-depth reply will have to wait for a while, but long story short: your entire load order is a mess. I don't know where to begin, but since you said you just got a new PC and were rebuilding Skyrim, I'm going to suggest you nuke all your mods and start installing them again from scratch doing it the right way (I should be able to help with that if you want).

As for the bug you posted about, I can only tell you what it looks like. It looks like you have an old skeleton installed (XP32 v1.93 or older) and also have the CBBE textures for the race but are using a UUNP body mesh. The race doesn't include a separate skeleton nor body meshes but rather uses the ones in the default paths for all races, so whatever is wromg with those is somewhere on your setup.

3 hours ago, Blaze69 said:

So, I don't have much time right now so a more in-depth reply will have to wait for a while, but long story short: your entire load order is a mess. I don't know where to begin, but since you said you just got a new PC and were rebuilding Skyrim, I'm going to suggest you nuke all your mods and start installing them again from scratch doing it the right way (I should be able to help with that if you want).

As for the bug you posted about, I can only tell you what it looks like. It looks like you have an old skeleton installed (XP32 v1.93 or older) and also have the CBBE textures for the race but are using a UUNP body mesh. The race doesn't include a separate skeleton nor body meshes but rather uses the ones in the default paths for all races, so whatever is wromg with those is somewhere on your setup.

Yeeaah I was beginning to see the fix would be is to nuke everything but yes please, its been a while since ive done anything with loadorders so Ive kinda forgot how to... yeah lol

4 hours ago, Zexophiliac said:

Okay did a clean reinstall and nuked everything n ready to start from scratch

I should be back on around 8-9 in the morning eastern time

I think it would be better if you started a new thread either in the Requests section or in the Technical Support one asking for help with this.

I can guide you on how to properly set up main mods like FNIS or SL and also others like YA and this mod (and I will), but you had a ton of mods on the load order you posted and I don't know most of them so I wouldn't be able to help much with those. If you post it publicly, other people that may know more about those mods and the way they interact may also be able to provide more help :classic_shy:.

2 hours ago, Blaze69 said:

I think it would be better if you started a new thread either in the Requests section or in the Technical Support one asking for help with this.

I can guide you on how to properly set up main mods like FNIS or SL and also others like YA and this mod (and I will), but you had a ton of mods on the load order you posted and I don't know most of them so I wouldn't be able to help much with those. If you post it publicly, other people that may know more about those mods and the way they interact may also be able to provide more help :classic_shy:.

Here ya go https://www.loverslab.com/topic/97556-setting-up-main-mods-and-ya-mod-manager/

A few snippets of a journal that gives some information about Kokushi. First some background for the journal's writer...

Spoiler

I know perfectly well, why I joined the Legion, why I wished to serve the Empire. Did I ever expect that I would find myself aboard a ship, sailing the coast of Morrowind and Black Marsh? Of course not. That by itself, does bare with it a certain level of interest, since it is not some guard posting in the Imperial City. However, it is not without it's, detriments. A week ago, we left a port in Black Marsh. I...saw them. I complained. I questioned, and was subsequently ignored. Argonians, and a few Khajiit, brought aboard the ship, in chains. I am a reasonable man, and I first asked if they were prisoners. My question was only vaguely answered, with the fact that they were now. I questioned what they had been charged with, and they did not quickly answer. Instead, they waited, then told me that these were...blamed only for their existence. 

Spoiler

Very little of my life has allowed me to practice the faith so common to the Empire, but there are things I have not done, if only for my beliefs. So in a sense, I have. Where exactly does it say these actions are warranted? What allows one of such intelligence, to go to such lengths?

Spoiler

I can do nothing. Nothing but lie awake at night, knowing that I am indirectly responsible for this. For I can not change what is about to happen in two weeks time. 

I overheard the captain taking. The...prisoners are due for a port in Morrowind, where they are to be sold to the native Dunmer. 

And now...

Spoiler

Then one of the men reported a ship in the distance. No recognizable banners, and of a make which we had not seen before. The man also said that the ship...looked like a wreck, and yet it was still floating. 

Spoiler

Every man aboard our ship drew their weapons and looked around frantically. I stood near the wheel, looking around myself. That is when I heard it. I never got the chance to know if anyone else did. A sound at the edge of hearing – like driving nails into wood, but far more like an ax breaking through. 

Spoiler

I looked to the lower deck, and saw bodies, a fire caused by a dropped lantern, and men fighting what could only be described as...ghosts? I had the time to notice what they did not. These ghosts, were all wearing these black and white uniforms, and they had tails. Like those of a shark, and they bore the same such appearance themselves, though they stood on two legs. But they looked as if they had been through some kind of otherworldly event.

Spoiler

With only the light of a nearby lamp, I could see a bit of the face. White skin, no, scales, with scars that were not bloody, but black. His hair was seemingly kempt, but a few strands seemed to, float, almost like they were in water. Looking at me, he smiled, revealing a mouth full of black, sharp teeth. I took the guess that this was the captain of that ghostly ship?

Spoiler

“I am the death which occurs at sea. I am the judgment of those who die in error in these waters, a fate which you would otherwise avoid. But this will be corrected.” Picking my captain up by the neck, I saw fury in the eyes of this entity. “I am Kokushi, dead servant of the oceans of Nirn.” 

Spoiler

Kokushi's mouth opened wide, a black smile that I now noticed was dripping with an equally black substance, and his hair became more erratic, with most of it now floating. “The prisoners are no longer your concern. They are mine. They will be freed, while you will be imprisoned – but there will be no salvation for you, captain.”

So, small status update. There hasn't been much progress on the mod itself, as I've been a bit busy lately and I also want to wait for Nightro to be done with the new assets so I can implement them all and make any other edits one after the other.

What I've done so far is implementing @GuruSR's Health/Stamina drain effect on the Bite as posted here. It's true it's far from OP as the recovered amount is very low, so I may think about increasing it a bit, maybe half of the damage instead of only a third (any ideas on that will be welcome). I've removed the magicka drain because as I explained already it doesn't make much sense for a bite to restore magicka or increase your character's focus/concentration (which IIRC is the in-lore "meaning" of the magicka stat). Also slightly increased the cooldown to 2 secs instead of 1.

I've also restored the beast feet for both males and females. Females work as they did before (i.e. any footwear that includes human feet meshes will look mostly fine but may have texture mismatches between toes and feet). I've edited the male feet UV and textures so they are compatible with both the standard SOS feet and the custom beast ones at the same time, which means human feet should look just fine (although human instead of beast-y) on them while wearing shoes. Incidentally, that also drops the FemFeet Redesigned "requirement" and uses base SOS feet instead.

Last, but not least, I tried to use Bad Dog's fundoshi ground mesh in a load screen as suggested, but it's invisible in the CK; I have not been able to get the load screen to show up ingame to check if it's visible there, but I assume it won't be either. So I guess more load screens (apart from the ones I've already implemented) are on hold as well until I can figure out what's wrong with the mesh or I get proper load screen meshes for the race.

So, a suggestion floating around for a while would be something mentioned a few times - the Akaviri, meaning the human race, though who knows if any kind of similar "connection" with the Tsaesci is possible. Though at this point, it might only exist as a sort of "headcannon" idea, and nothing has directly or indirectly referenced that fact within the mod. 

To this end, we have Enkai. A male Selachii hanging around the Steed stone, and he is something of a scholar, with a very particular interest. Can you guess? 

Yes. Cock. Though it stems in-part from study on physiology of Tamriel's races, beginning with this own, whose variance was already well known and documented. For the rest, he traveled Tamriel, noting that while the variance was quite similar, there were some who stood out. However, this exact interest stems from a perhaps obvious fact - his interest is other males, though for his own race, and understanding what is possible, there is an exception to that preference. Some details for his backstory should be in the blog very soon. 

Mainly, the intent with this character is to be an NPC, but if you go through is dialog, there may be an option to have him become a follower - though only if the player is either male, or a futa character. Now, that choice is something I am a little unsure of. Mostly because of the obvious - for Selachii, that is easy to track with, or without YA. But for any other race, not having YA would mean that the check could only be for if the player is male, and he would otherwise be unavailable for female characters, even if one uses the SOS UNP mod, or any similar addons.  While I would rather not exactly restrict a follower like this, it is not as if the mod would lack options for many interests, and I'm not sure if I would come up with any other characters with a similar restriction. Thoughts?

Sudden Realization: What if he had a copy or two, of the Selachii Legacy book? Certainly would make another source for it, other than possibly getting it from Kaiyo or Gaku. 

10 hours ago, Kuroyami said:

So, a suggestion floating around for a while would be something mentioned a few times - the Akaviri, meaning the human race, though who knows if any kind of similar "connection" with the Tsaesci is possible. Though at this point, it might only exist as a sort of "headcannon" idea, and nothing has directly or indirectly referenced that fact within the mod.

As far as I'm concerned, Akaviri are humans from Akavir but Tsaesci are humanoid snakes* (think Vipers from XCOM 2, though I guess those would be female Tsaesci) and thus would have snake-like bits. So unless we add Bad Dog's Slit schlong to the race and say it comes from Tsaesci-Selachii pairings back when they were in Akavir, I don't see how a Tsaesci connection would make sense there.

EDIT: or maybe Leito's "Argonian" schlong? IIRC it was supposed to be based on some kind of snake dong, so I guess it would make more sense than the generic reptilian slit.

*-> theory supported by the in-lore 2920 book series, which is to be trusted (see top comment). Also because the alternative is lame.

To this end, we have Enkai. A male Selachii hanging around the Steed stone, and he is something of a scholar, with a very particular interest. Can you guess? 

Yes. Cock. Though it stems in-part from study on physiology of Tamriel's races, beginning with this own, whose variance was already well known and documented. For the rest, he traveled Tamriel, noting that while the variance was quite similar, there were some who stood out. However, this exact interest stems from a perhaps obvious fact - his interest is other males, though for his own race, and understanding what is possible, there is an exception to that preference. Some details for his backstory should be in the blog very soon.

Of course it had to be that. Damn horny sharks can't think of anything else, the deviants. I bet they are more open to the worship of Sanguine as a whole race than the rest of the Tamriel population, lol :classic_dodgy:.

Jokes aside, yeah, I'm fine with that.

Mainly, the intent with this character is to be an NPC, but if you go through is dialog, there may be an option to have him become a follower - though only if the player is either male, or a futa character. Now, that choice is something I am a little unsure of. Mostly because of the obvious - for Selachii, that is easy to track with, or without YA. But for any other race, not having YA would mean that the check could only be for if the player is male, and he would otherwise be unavailable for female characters, even if one uses the SOS UNP mod, or any similar addons.  While I would rather not exactly restrict a follower like this, it is not as if the mod would lack options for many interests, and I'm not sure if I would come up with any other characters with a similar restriction. Thoughts?

I think the SOS API has functions to check whether a NPC has been schlongified or not, and since SOS is a hard requirement already, I could check for that just fine if that dialogue option was to happen. I don't know if it's possible to check for specific addons without making those a hard requirement, though, so if it's not possible there could be some quirks with "addons" that aren't actually schlongs (like the female empty schlongifier or the "Perma-Undies" one).

On 4/21/2018 at 5:58 AM, Blaze69 said:

As far as I'm concerned, Akaviri are humans from Akavir but Tsaesci are humanoid snakes* (think Vipers from XCOM 2, though I guess those would be female Tsaesci) and thus would have snake-like bits. So unless we add Bad Dog's Slit schlong to the race and say it comes from Tsaesci-Selachii pairings back when they were in Akavir, I don't see how a Tsaesci connection would make sense there.

EDIT: or maybe Leito's "Argonian" schlong? IIRC it was supposed to be based on some kind of snake dong, so I guess it would make more sense than the generic reptilian slit.

*-> theory supported by the in-lore 2920 book series, which is to be trusted (see top comment). Also because the alternative is lame.

Really the only other addon I'd be hoping for would be the one for Kawako, which I don't know if it may be possible to get it aligned right for animations. I'd have no problem with others though. 

Of course it had to be that. Damn horny sharks can't think of anything else, the deviants. I bet they are more open to the worship of Sanguine as a whole race than the rest of the Tamriel population, lol :classic_dodgy:.

Dibella is probably high up there too. As are the few others mentioned in the Legacy book. Though for many it might not be specific, and they would just shrug if asked. Also, Game of Thrones does have this quote...

"Maybe it is all cocks in the end..."

I think the SOS API has functions to check whether a NPC has been schlongified or not, and since SOS is a hard requirement already, I could check for that just fine if that dialogue option was to happen. I don't know if it's possible to check for specific addons without making those a hard requirement, though, so if it's not possible there could be some quirks with "addons" that aren't actually schlongs (like the female empty schlongifier or the "Perma-Undies" one).

Generally the idea would be...

Shark Race+Yiffy Age= He can become a follower for male players, or female players that have an appropriate schlong addon.

Shark Race(no YA)=Only Selachi Males or Females with the appropriate schlong addons, or vanilla race males, can get him as a follower. 

Might be possible to allow females of vanilla races if that patch for the SOS UNP mod is made, though that would only cover that specific addon. 

Some dialog for Seika...

Introduction

Spoiler

S – Hopefully that pestilent fool did not scare you off. I am Seika, a blacksmith. 
       |
     [PC] Why is the shop not actually in Dragon Bridge?
              |
             S – It was built long before I arrived here – the previous Blacksmith trained me in crafting Steel like the Nords, and when he died, left me the shop. 
                   |
                  S – The location does get me business, since the road to and from Solitude requires one cross the bridge, and my shop is either before they cross, or after. 

[PC] How good is your work?
              |
             S – Well, I come from a family that prides itself on metalwork, and I learned to craft steel in the style the Nords favor. 
                    |
                   S – Though beyond that, I have no bold claims to make. Take a look at my work for yourself.

[PC] What was that about? 
             |
            S – That was Eris, a recently named Thane of Haafingar. He has taken to the title with the belief that is shared by the Stormcloaks. His family was run out of Haafingar within the past two years, leaving only him. 
                   |
                  S – Mostly on the thinking that he does not share their beliefs, but he does, and many are upset with him for it. I would like to think his recently earned title was a thinly veiled political move, though I am unsure.

[PC] No, no, I do wish to see what you have.
             |
            S – Certainly. [OpenShopInventory?] [Appears Once – All other times use voice set based line]

Random

Spoiler

S – [CWStormcloakVictory] So the Stormcloaks seem to have won the Civil War...
        |
       [PC] Does that bother you?
               |
              S – Change can always be worrisome. But right now, I am not sure. 

[PC] Feeling worried?
               |
              S – No. The shop is legally mine, by Haafingar's laws. I am not sure if Elisf would change them, just to oust me. 
                    |
                   [PC] She could be forced to...
                           |
                          S – Which would be behavior that, as it seems, is unbecoming of a Nord. Or so the stories of Torygg's death goes. 

[PC] People respect her, right? So they might respect her to not change them so easily. 
                           |
                          S – Hopefully.

[PC] I'm sure that your skill will be something they consider valuable.  
               |
              S – Perhaps. I have received very little ill-treatment from most Nords, though I have no illusions that such a thing cannot change. 
                    |
                   S – This may be a cliche, but I do not just craft weapons, I also know how to use them. 

And her preset...

Seika1.thumb.png.96f3739885d0f4477da902de18ad892c.png

Selachii -NPC- Seika.7z

Used the Mohawk style that is currently in the mod already, but I'm thinking of the MachoF hair for her, that has it's male counterpart in the mod, but the female version is not. 

Also, the preset for Akario, which I've had pretty much done for a while...

Akario2.thumb.png.4b672a03c2e0197c7e80c5f06becac6e.png

Selachii -NPC- Akario.7z

2 hours ago, Harry Smackmeat said:

haha the NPCs and their lore/dialog sound cute.  Can't wait for the non-YA follower plugin.

A version of the follower plugin that doesn't require Yiffy Age already exists - it should be on the download page. 

6 hours ago, Harry Smackmeat said:

oh.  derp. :confused:

first page threw me off.  "a vanilla/non-YA version patch for the plugin is will be available soon for those that don't use YA."

You are right, that part is still there even though there has been a vanilla version of the plugin for quite a while. I'll make sure to fix it whenever the next update drops.

Added a section to the Planned Writing entry for a new series of books, and the first volume's synopsis is already listed. As is suggested, the books will focus on Helheim and all it's related characters. The later volumes(possibly in 3, though I'm not sure what will be in 2 at this point) will give some hints as to some details that may be involved in possible quests for the location.

The Night Lords, Vol I - Rite of Blood

Spoiler

“You understand, nothing. The truth is known to me, where it is not to others.” 

The man who groveled at the feet of the woman in the throne, sighed. “How could you know? Why would you be anymore powerful than she is?” 

The woman stood. “They claim she is the first, and I do not dispute that, even if the stories are not very clear. Regardless, I embraced my power, it's origins, and purpose. I will not be chained by your faith, nor by the morality of a woman who was wronged. Perhaps I was, just the same, but I sought power – she did not.” 

“You know where this leads you! You will never-” 

She picked the man up by the neck, her own glowing blue eyes staring into his, and a emission of a snarl from her mouth was enough to send a chill through his spine. “Where does this leave, you? Why care so much for my afterlife, when you should focus your concerns to, your own?” Throwing him against the stone that held a metal basin, she slowly sat down once again. “ Let them come. Let them believe something, and I shall watch them fall before me in fear of Hela, a pureblood, Daughter of Coldharbor.” 

Only sitting up, he sighed. “I knew the battle went poorly. I knew that your father, for all the men willing to fight for his cause, did not understand how one can quickly loose so many men to magic. Perhaps you subverted this, in your understanding of magic, and is the only reason the battle went in his favor. But seeing your father die, demoralized many of the men.” He moved to a kneeling position. “Many fled back to your father's stronghold to the south, as did I. They survived the week, and then received a message that the port city had recently been attacked. It was viewed as impossible, and I rode north to see what happened. There, I found one of your father's generals in charge, men cleaning up bodies, and a general sense that, your father's campaign had indeed succeeded. Then, I am told that you were a factor, and remembered what you planned, if things went wrong.”

Hela nodded. “It was not for nothing, as you understand. But I do not think a man of your faith, has a place here, even though by rights, I should reward you for your efforts in my father's bid for power in the Pale.” 

The man sighed. “I told you, and you did not listen. Instead, you listened to that witch who told you of magic, of the rumors about this place, and the entities it has been associated with.” He looked down, reluctantly smiling. “Yet, I feel I am in no place to judge you. For what I see before me, is not truly a monster, for you still seem to feel. Were you a monster, you would sit before the Sea of Ghosts, ruling the Pale. But for that, you have chosen another, a man you trust, leaving the matter to still living men, while you ensure they are kept in line.” He looked at her directly. “My faith wants me to believe you have done wrong. But my respect for you, for you actions, not just because of your father, have me wanting to believe you...have not really changed. In spite of everything, you are still the child I help bring into this world, though so much more.”

Slowly, he stood, approaching her as she reached for him. Outstretching his hand, he was met only with hers softly grasping his. “Perhaps she intended to vex me with power, to see me fail, obtaining power that was a chain upon my neck. But even she did not truly know. Nor did I, but now I do.” She smiled. “The lessons of the past are not always written down explicitly – sometimes you must see the stories for what they are, and once you do, attempt to not make the same mistakes. If you fail, then you have your own story to understand, and correct those failures.”

“Then what fate do you intend for me?” The man, said weakly. 

Hela smiled. “You will serve the Pale, and be an instrument of my will – you possess enough respect for me to do that, I believe.” She watched as he stood. “In two days time, you shall ride for Dawnstar, with my blessing."

I may be adding more to this, along with much more to what comes after, as the synopsis suggests. 

Also, something to figure out may be the text limit on books for the game, though the suggestion when this was mentioned previously was either it was quite high, or there is no cap on it. Obviously in this case, it would be a little odd for say one volume to need two books, and the word count on the document currently is over 1200, which is likely to increase. 

6 hours ago, Kuroyami said:

Also, something to figure out may be the text limit on books for the game, though the suggestion when this was mentioned previously was either it was quite high, or there is no cap on it. Obviously in this case, it would be a little odd for say one volume to need two books, and the word count on the document currently is over 1200, which is likely to increase. 

I don't recall hitting any kind of text limit for books; the reason I separated Mizuno's journal into 2 parts was that it had reached a point where you had to click/advance pages for several minutes to reach the end, so it was too cumbersome.

19 hours ago, Blaze69 said:

I don't recall hitting any kind of text limit for books; the reason I separated Mizuno's journal into 2 parts was that it had reached a point where you had to click/advance pages for several minutes to reach the end, so it was too cumbersome.

we need a "faster book" mod :confounded:

2 hours ago, MadMansGun said:

we need a "faster book" mod :confounded:

Either that, or a way to remember what page you were in the last time you read a book so you can carry on from there. But I get the feeling that's simply impossible due to how books are coded.

I guess we'll have to stick to separating long books into shorter parts/volumes for the time being :classic_confused:.