While doing conversions the thing that I find most tiresome is going through each slider to check for clipping or heavy deformations.

In Outfit Studio, if there isn't one already, would it be possible to add a hotkey to disable the current active slider and enable the next one? My stiff wrist would thank you for it. <3

While doing conversions the thing that I find most tiresome is going through each slider to check for clipping or heavy deformations.

In Outfit Studio, if there isn't one already, would it be possible to add a hotkey to disable the current active slider and enable the next one? My stiff wrist would thank you for it. <3

Not right now. Do you think Escape would be fine? (left hand is around the S key for scaling the brush anyway etc.)

Not right now. Do you think Escape would be fine? (left hand is around the S key for scaling the brush anyway etc.)

Any free key on the left side would be awesome.

Would it be possible to get some documentation on the new Partitions tab added to the wiki when you have time?

It took me awhile to figure out right-click allows to Add or Delete a partition.

I also noticed, while fixing an outfit, that when in the partition tab;

- Mirror edits across X-axis does not work even if toggled on

- even though it's the mask brush, holding Alt does not unmask/undo

- CTRL+Z does not work

Is it possible to get these functions here? They'd be very useful.

Also, what is the Reset button supposed to do? It seems to just be like CTRL+Z, but only undoes the last edit.

:)

BodySlide and Outfit Studio v4.2.2:

- General: Implemented a language selection in the settings dialog. 
- General: Fixed meshes with connect points getting corrupted on save in both BS and OS (FO4). 
- Outfit Studio: Added 'Delete Vertices' feature for deleting unmasked vertices directly in OS. 
- For BodySlide projects that need parts of the body removed, a zap is still the preferred non-destructible method. 
- Outfit Studio: Added 'Separate Vertices' feature for splitting up one shape into two using a mask. 
- Outfit Studio: 'File -> Import -> From NIF/OBJ/FBX...' can import multiple files at once now. 
- Outfit Studio: 'File -> Export -> To NIF/OBJ/FBX...' now export all shapes of the project into one file. 
- Outfit Studio: You can now export only the currently selected shapes to one NIF/OBJ/FBX file via right-click. 
- Outfit Studio: 'Merge sliders' when loading a ref now works as intended (replaces ref, adds sliders). 
- Outfit Studio: Allow unsetting or directly deleting the reference shape. 
- Outfit Studio: Added 'File -> Unload Project' menu item. 
- Outfit Studio: Duplicating a shape now also copies its controllers and interpolators with it. 
- Outfit Studio: Any unreferenced blocks are now deleted on NIF export. 
- Outfit Studio: Handle NiSkinData properly when it has vertex weights turned off. 
- Outfit Studio: Fixed some triangle index comparisons when updating skin partitions or segments. 
- Outfit Studio: Meshes can now be changed to full precision even without having normals/tangents (FO4). 
- Outfit Studio: Fixed a visual bug where deleted shapes would stay visible until the next frame.

Would it be possible to get some documentation on the new Partitions tab added to the wiki when you have time?

It took me awhile to figure out right-click allows to Add or Delete a partition.

I also noticed, while fixing an outfit, that when in the partition tab;

- Mirror edits across X-axis does not work even if toggled on

- even though it's the mask brush, holding Alt does not unmask/undo

- CTRL+Z does not work

Is it possible to get these functions here? They'd be very useful.

Also, what is the Reset button supposed to do? It seems to just be like CTRL+Z, but only undoes the last edit.

Mirroring and an undo history for painting partitions and segments are quite a bit harder to do with how it's implemented, which is why I haven't done them so far.

BodySlide and Outfit Studio v4.2.3:

- General: Updated Chinese and German translations.
- General: Fixed vertex deletion for SSE meshes.
- General: Disabled loading the BA2 archives of the FO4 texture pack. You can enable it in the settings.
- BodySlide: Fixed zap toggle feature for Skyrim and SSE.
- Outfit Studio: Fixed OBJ export for faces with and without UV maps.
- Outfit Studio: Now keeps previously local slider data when merging references.
- Outfit Studio: Remove empty skin partitions when applying them.
- Outfit Studio: Fixed skin partitions when exporting only right-click-selected shapes to NIF.
- Outfit Studio: Fixed error message on OBJ export with one shape (just the message appeared wrong).
  • 2 weeks later...

A few things I have learned along the way to fix some of the problems I have had with .OBJ files and outfit studio.

If a .OBJ file blows up in outfit studio it means someone exported the whole file out in .OBJ format at one time outfit studio doesn't like this. Loading the file up into blender deleting out all parts but one piece then exporting then undoing delete and repeat till all parts are exported in their own .OBJ file will fix the blow up.

Outfit studio gets hungry and eats half of your project on export. This one is annoying as hell get everything right where you want it and how you want it to look then go and export and it freezes - throws a fatal error - or doesn't give any warning but nifskope will lock up trying to load the file and have a ton of errors.

Take the file that is being eaten and dunk it into something that tastes nasty (Just kidding) :). Load .OBJ file into blender delete out everything but the bad spot. Click the item then go to -object node- at the bottom and change it to -edit node- next hit P and select separate by material or separate by loose parts.

**note do not use separate by loose parts unless there are very little parts in the file or you will end up with tons of parts. I used the loose parts once on a chain top once it was done there were 418+ chain links now in the file and each one would have needed to be textured. I ended up splitting the loose file into 2 files and then used another site to fuse the links back into one for both files. The separate by material will separate parts by items. Like a necklace will turn into the necklace chain and necklace pendant.

Once you have done that go to -edit node- tab and change it back to object node. Do like the above delete out everything but 1 item export undo delete then repeat till all parts are out.

.OBJ causes outfit studio to crash on export also a annoying one but just use the same thing listed above to fix this by breaking the item up into smaller groups which will now no longer cause it to crash on export once all parts are broken up. Unless the main part needs to get broken again by using the loose option. If it does then use it and export the pieces.

In my load order I have a bunch of follower mods each with their own body meshes and textures eating up my VRAM.

Now I've decided to fix this using the mighty Tes5Edit-tool, so they all use the same meshes and textures.

The problem is the diversity has decreased slightly due to this...

I know you can change the slider values of body meshes using EFF but then I'd have to hunt down all the custom followers and change their sliders every time I start a new game.

What I'd like to do is to preset the sliders for the body meshes with some values and apply them to the NPCs outside of the game as part of a mod.

Is something like this possible?

Edit:

Nevermind, I've just found BodyGen and according to the description it does what I need.

For those interested, here's a fix for (UUNP) bum ridge between bum cheeks that's working for me.

In that bum slot area, weight-paint narrow strip with weight max of 0.055approx to NPC L FrontThigh and NPC R FrontThigh (included in skel-tree - just have to add it).
Front skirt bone is an option maybe too, but was happy with result as is.
This small weight paint "sucked" in that ridge nicely.
Have switched over to SMP (from HDT), so if you want to see new weights, upload is here.
No pictures.  Import the nif to see.
It's not in finalized form as you'll see by notes, but is working well enough for starters.
>>>Link to DL for one possible fix for bum-ridge
Look for the 2nd UUNP project labelled experimental.

PS. Doing this was so made so much easier and enjoyable with BSL/OS, including the good exchange with Blender.  Thanks!

Hello.  The links here no longer work to get the mods.  Is there anywhere I can get these versions?  The SSE versions don't seem to be fully supported yet.

All links are working fine. You need to be logged in to the Nexus and have adult mods enabled.

So I've posted on the Nexus thread for help already, but it couldn't hurt to ask around here too, right?

Is it possible to use Outfit Studio to make conversions of clothing with its own HDT physics bones, such as skirts and such? I had thought it was simple enough to do, albeit with bizarrely crumpled nifs shown in Nifskope, but try as I might I'm unable to get a working nif out of the utility. Bodyslide is able to display the outfit, but it causes crashes in-game, and it's basically impossible to try and dig up info on converting outfits with HDT bones since searches just pull up every result about HDT jiggle physics instead.

I'd been wanting to convert some better outfits for my follower mod that didn't involve Frankensteining together pieces of different outfits into a vaguely similar facsimile, but the only assets I can find for this purpose have extra HDT bones in them and I simply cannot get them to work.

Is it possible to use Outfit Studio to make conversions of clothing with its own HDT physics bones, such as skirts and such?

TBH, your best answer is to dl an HDT skirt, study it in nifskope and OS, and the XMLs (get JFF).

HDT outfits, like skirts and dresses is still not a major thing.

HDT armor is easy - breast and bum weights transfer to armour, make sure mesh doesn't clip, and you have HDT outfit.

Skirt and dresses are another thing.

I've already been trying that, attempting to figure this out firsthand. My efforts so far have been in vain, is the problem. The best example for me to study was the HDT Test Skirts, which had been converted for Bodyslide by two different people, but the first one's NIF came out a garbled mess that somehow still works in-game, while the other one by Daeimonic has maintained its shape. Meanwhile this outfit I'm trying to come out with also comes out garbled but does not work at all in-game.

K, better understand now.

No.  BSL/OS doesn't have any special stuff to help you with that.  It does tons, but not to that level.

You need to either figure it out manually, and you're limited there, and it's very complex.

The best is an older version of 3DS max with the Havoc tool.  But availability of that is technically no-go.

You could go look at SMP if you have a newer better PC.

I ended up switching to SMP cos I was facing issues too with clothes-HDT and the toolset not being there.

Works totally differently.  You can do it manually.

Uses existing CBBE and UUNP bodies as a base.

It's mesh based and XMLS are way easier to setup.

But it takes a bit to setup and figure out.

It's still newish, and not near as widepsread as HDT.

I'm not trying to create my own HDT stuff, is the thing. I just want to make a conversion of an outfit that already has HDT in it, but I can't seem to figure it out, while the existence of working conversions of the HDT Test Skirts suggests this should be doable. Daiemonic helped me out with some info about needing to copy the custom bones used for the HDT physics into Bodyslide's reference skeleton, but either I'm not doing it right (which is likely) or the method doesn't work for every HDT item. Although the copied bones look like they are where they're supposed to be on the new reference skeleton, creating a project in OS then saving it shows the exported NIF still has exploding broken bones everywhere, even on the reference body and bones not related to HDT, albeit now exploding in a different way compared to how it was misbehaving before, which looked like the meshes were all melting down into a collapsed heap.

What is happening, for those curious, with the reference body deleted for visibility:

bbdf2c3cea894d3398e29c20944a5d78.png

Maybe start up a new topic in tech support  or HDT physics with that info? 

Just to avoid getting OT here.

Plus maybe also Post ouftit and how you are trying to convert it, and I'll see if I can't help, or there will be others.

If it's just a conversion of an existing, should be easier, unless there is something unexpected there.

Yeah, if it gets to outright asking for help with the files I'll make a new topic, I just figured looking for details on how to get OS working with HDT outfits was still topical, and prefer to at least give a project the old college try on my own before I start panhandling for a kind soul to assist.

• 2 weeks later...

hello, this is my first time posting here...I have an issue using this mod, but before i say what it is...

I have already a skeleton and of course bodyslide on top of priority order, after that i install CBBE and start a new game to make sure it works, which it does, then I use MO to start bodyslide.exe to choose a preset like bombshell and i click build...

the body doesnt change however, i simply load the saved game...do i need to start a new game? i think i tried that but i couldnt see any changes...the basic presets seem to work, is the ones i add to it that does not appear ingame

Need help with creating characters in ShowRaceMenu.

I am very new to Skyrim, but not to computing and gaming. However, the modding scene here is extremely complex.
I need help with a very simple issue - hope some of you will help.
I have downloaded and installed Sexlab, the Body Slide and Outfit Studio, Calientes Beautiful Bodies Edition (CBBE), XP32 Maximum skeletons extended, SKYUI, SKSE and a number of dependencies for these mods. As far as I can tell from running the FNIS tool, everything is working fine.
I use the Nexus Mod Manager for installing and uninstalling, I've attached two screenshots (at the end of the post) that shows the mods I am running, and the loader order of the extensions.

My question is simple: I'm trying to edit a beautiful female character, so I load a save game that puts me at the start of  the game, where you choose race and name etc. I then enter the command console and type showracemenu, and then I start customizing my "babe". The problem is, the male or female characters in the menu are all fully clothed, and that means you can't see the lower part of the body that you want to edit too.

So my question: How to I make the character I'm editing NAKED in the showracemenu?
Do I need a new mod for this?! I selected for the characters to be nude in the CBBE mod setup?
And if I don't need a new mod - how do I somehow manage to undress the character before I edit it?

It may be obvious to you guys, but not to me :(

Installed mods and load order:

post-1411594-0-26343400-1489977251_thumb.jpgpost-1411594-0-96713800-1489977251_thumb.jpg

EDIT: OK, it was as simple as I'd hoped. Once I load a save game that's past the "forced actions" at the start of the game, I can just use the I (inventory) menu to drop the weapons items (no clothes, apparently), and the character can then be edited nude - and then dressed up afterwards if I care. So problem solved :)