New version released for all games (including SSE now).

Version 4.0:

* General: Skyrim Special Edition support!
* General: Support for NIF meshes and BSA archives of SSE.
* General: Show a target game selection dialog the first time you launch the program.
* Outfit Studio: OBJ/FBX import now creates default partitions for the body slot (FO3NV/SK).
* Outfit Studio: Improved handling of skin transforms and creating new bone bounding spheres.
* Outfit Studio: Allow dragging and dropping multiple files into the frame at once.
* Outfit Studio: Show warning if the version of the loaded NIF doesn't match the target game.
* Outfit Studio: Changed skeleton root from "NPC" to "NPC Root [Root]" for Skyrim.
* Outfit Studio: Removed "File -> Apply Overall Skin Transform" menu item, not needed anymore.
* Outfit Studio: When saving a project, remove _0 and _1 from default target file name for SK.
* Outfit Studio: Moved reference templates from the Config.xml to a new RefTemplates.xml file.
* Outfit Studio: Copying weights now ignores masked vertices and they keep their old weights.
* Outfit Studio: Enabling vertex edit doesn't cause non-existent clipping to appear anymore.
* Outfit Studio: Updated reference skeletons for all games.

Doh, and I just updated to 3.8 yesterday, lol.

Thanks for the updates, and especially thanks for the wiki, it looks great! Glad to finally see updated info in one place now (and in one new thread). :)

Well in theory it's already two threads! :P

in 4.0 my presets show up for bodies only but not outfits..

Are you using CBBE? I removed the "default group" for CBBE from the Config.xml.

What you're seeing now are the results of mod authors never having bothered to create correct groups for their outfits.

You have to open the group manager and add all outfits to either the "CBAdvanced" or the "Unified UNP" group.

A batch build would still work if you select your preset with a body.

Instructions for the group manager:

https://github.com/ousnius/BodySlide-and-Outfit-Studio/wiki/Group-Manager

So I heard BodySlide comes with a tool called NifCleaner to help import nifs into Blender; is that still the case? I downloaded the newest BodySlide files and didn't see anything there or on the wiki.

NifCleaner was removed some years ago, it's not needed for anything anymore.

You can use the new Blender with new NIF plugins.

I'm just about to try converting an uunp outfit to cbbe and have a question. Looking at the wiki instructions after converting the high weight _1.nif do you then have to repeat for the low weight _0.nif or is that handled automatically (I couldn't see any mention of the low weight nif unless I missed it)

Sorry if it's a dumb question, it's the first time I've really looked at Outfit Studio

I'm just about to try converting an uunp outfit to cbbe and have a question. Looking at the wiki instructions after converting the high weight _1.nif do you then have to repeat for the low weight _0.nif or is that handled automatically (I couldn't see any mention of the low weight nif unless I missed it)

Sorry if it's a dumb question, it's the first time I've really looked at Outfit Studio

If you're talking about CBBE with sliders to build in BodySlide (converting a UUNP BodySlide to a CBBE BodySlide), then you only need one NIF which you will use to create the project in OS.

Since UUNP and CBBE already share the same base shape (the NIF file in the ShapeData folder), all you have to do is load the UUNP project and swap the body reference to "CBBE Body".

Basically, follow the steps of this guide:

https://github.com/ousnius/BodySlide-and-Outfit-Studio/wiki/Creating-a-BodySlide-project

But instead of step 1-4, you load the existing UUNP project instead, then continue.

Ah thanks for confirming that I thought I'd best check. The uunp outfit doesn't have any bodyslide sliders (it's just an outfit) will that make a difference?

It's not UUNP if it doesn't have sliders. :)

Well it just needs to have the UUNP/CBBE base shape.

If it's not, you need to convert it to that first and THEN make it a BodySlide project.

Many thanks ousnius, I'll give it a try

(Oops you were quite right, it's unp not uunp)

In that case, you need to follow two guides from the wiki.

First, you need to convert from UNP to CBBE/UUNP (they share the same base shape).

https://github.com/ousnius/BodySlide-and-Outfit-Studio/wiki/Conversion-references-and-using-them

Second, you need to make a BodySlide project out of it.

https://github.com/ousnius/BodySlide-and-Outfit-Studio/wiki/Creating-a-BodySlide-project

I have a custom body that romeozero made for me and I'm trying to figure out how to convert armors to it but I'm not having any luck with it. It wasn't made with bodyslide and its skinned and rig. romeozero was helping but he now has RL things to handle. If I could get any help with I would really appreciate it. I have some 3ds max screens and the body nifs attached.                

post-226391-0-50279600-1478187870_thumb.jpg
post-226391-0-79805700-1478187867_thumb.jpg
post-226391-0-27735300-1478187862_thumb.jpg
post-226391-0-35154200-1478187856_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Can Someone make a CBBE Bodyslide conversion for Xinafays High Heels Plz. That would be much appreciated.

FFS... really?! Does this look like a request thread? This is the 6th or 7th time I've seen this post in 6 or 7 different threads.

Cell... I saw on the new thread that there are additional polygons. Is this going to be the same for the old game? I have SSE but I haven't checked it out yet.

New version for all games! :)

(the change log below includes v4.1 as well)

Version 4.1.1:

* BodySlide: Ungrouped sets now show all presets instead of no presets. You should still create proper groups, though!
* Outfit Studio: Added UV slider/zap functionality. Diffs are created via OBJ import after a slider was set to UV mode. Instead of morphing the geometry, they move the texture coordinates.
* Outfit Studio: Fixed loading of custom references that were created using existing references.
* Outfit Studio: Minor NIF format fixes.
* Outfit Studio: Bone weights for FO4 and SSE meshes are now normalized more accurately.
* Outfit Studio: Added SSE optimization for NIF files. A dialog will ask you to convert them.
* Outfit Studio: Fixed partition painting for SSE.
* Outfit Studio: Stability and performance improvements.

Cell, I have a request...

Is it possible to add "New Window" for Outfit Studio? I sometimes have up to 3 windows and I go through NMM to bring it up. It's not a need just a want. :)

That's not possible right now with how Outfit Studio was coded, sorry. :/

Cell... I saw on the new thread that there are additional polygons. Is this going to be the same for the old game? I have SSE but I haven't checked it out yet.

Only the new Skyrim (SSE) will get the new CBBE. Both for engine reasons and for manageability reasons.

New version for all games! :)

(the change log below includes v4.1 as well)

Version 4.1.1:

* BodySlide: Ungrouped sets now show all presets instead of no presets. You should still create proper groups, though!

* Outfit Studio: Added UV slider/zap functionality. Diffs are created via OBJ import after a slider was set to UV mode. Instead of morphing the geometry, the move the texture coordinates.

* Outfit Studio: Fixed loading of custom references that were created using existing references.

* Outfit Studio: Minor NIF format fixes.

* Outfit Studio: Bone weights for FO4 and SSE meshes are now normalized more accurately.

* Outfit Studio: Added SSE optimization for NIF files. A dialog will ask you to convert them.

* Outfit Studio: Fixed partition painting for SSE.

* Outfit Studio: Stability and performance improvements.

Cell, I have a request...

Is it possible to add "New Window" for Outfit Studio? I sometimes have up to 3 windows and I go through NMM to bring it up. It's not a need just a want. :)

That's not possible right now with how Outfit Studio was coded, sorry. :/

Only the new Skyrim (SSE) will get the new CBBE. Both for engine reasons and for manageability reasons.

Okay, thanks, Cell! And thank you for your work on this!

I can't tell for sure if this problem exists because the newer version of bodyslide, but some textures don't show up (see  post-49167-0-86002200-1479595603_thumb.jpg). I'm using these files. The problem also occurs on some other outfits. I already checked the .nifs texture path and they are all in order. I've read that this can be a problem if you don't have enough vram, but my graphics card limit isn't hit...

edit: by the way, did 4.1.1 break nif generation for standard skyrim? The outfits look chopped up now.

edit2: added a screenshot to show the problem: post-49167-0-62600100-1479596667_thumb.jpg