SSE Screenshots and Character Shots

2 hours ago, Hippeus said:

My first attempt at combining assets from multiple skin textures. Only problem is seems to be a slight issue with the neck seam. Not sure if I can fix that issue.ScreenShot4.png.d277801cd70a8e8a30ef70631c36e515.png

I'm not sure how accurate my advice is gonna be, I haven't tried combining textures, but make sure that every texture for each type is from the same mod. EG, diffuses for all body, hands and head are from ONE mod, speculars for ALL parts again are from another. No mix-n-matching textures of the same type from different mods.

39 minutes ago, Redswift said:

I'm not sure how accurate my advice is gonna be, I haven't tried combining textures, but make sure that every texture for each type is from the same mod. EG, diffuses for all body, hands and head are from ONE mod, speculars for ALL parts again are from another. No mix-n-matching textures of the same type from different mods.

Think I solved the problem. Looks like it was Bijin Skin causing me some issues for whatever reason. Possibly user error with mixing textures as you mention. So I decided to go with PureSkin textures as I really love which fixed the head issue and overwrote it with some Demoniac assets. Namely Sporty Body normal mapping as I love the muscles a bit more from Demoniac along with it's subsurface and specular map. So I uploaded a couple pics of her.

ScreenShot7.png.6042ff73b5080babe07b77f7f45dff09.png

ScreenShot8.png.12ec5bb8014216543ce5f66ba0c34ca9.png

Lydia, musing about her Thane:

(I understand why you're grinning from ear to ear like an idiot, but why are you staring at the ceiling like that?)

REALITY BREAK: It's just the usual headtrack mod stuff. My Dovahkiin's locked on to the mannequin right above her on the second floor. Wait, no. We're in the entryway. What IS she locked onto??!?

Made for a mildly humorous screenshot, though.

Dumped the slave/chastity harness; running about the province while wearing it just created too many events/distractions.

Keeping the haircut, though. I think it's cute. :)

I zapped breastplate .nif portions entirely, yeah. I gave Lydia my Daedric set, but it clipped horribly through her hair in the back. So, off it went! Zapped my character's one, too, just to be fair. And thematically consistent.

Ah, fuck it. BOOBS!

ScreenShot8.png

4 hours ago, Hippeus said:

Bijin Skin

Yeah, Bijin sneaks its way around your default shit in many ways.

Don't get me wrong. I LOVE the mod(s). But I've gone through their assets, pretty heavily, in order to tweak them to my liking.

Specifically: Bijin SE still uses Oldrim style body normalmaps. From back before BodySlide muscle morph sliders existed.

It totally fricassees my filberts when I check my character out at an oblique angle, and the light casting doesn't match her actual body geometry.

Only mod I've found that addresses this is https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/12649?tab=files

On 2/21/2019 at 12:57 AM, Hippeus said:

Think I solved the problem. Looks like it was Bijin Skin causing me some issues for whatever reason. Possibly user error with mixing textures as you mention. So I decided to go with PureSkin textures as I really love which fixed the head issue and overwrote it with some Demoniac assets. Namely Sporty Body normal mapping as I love the muscles a bit more from Demoniac along with it's subsurface and specular map. So I uploaded a couple pics of her.

Lol was having the exact same issue when I saw your post and it actually pointed me to a solution, after spending hours in paint.net trying to fix it (turns out it was a lot of wasted work). Since my issue turned out to be _s.dds set I was using wasn't playing nice with the other textures.

ScreenShot242.thumb.png.0b20d76cd240e28c512c874a3bfb3f19.png

Told my new male follower to do his purpose and this is what he got himself into...

ScreenShot172.png

Horny of Jurgenwhat again? Not seeing it...

ScreenShot171.png

Scene was absolutely pitch black until the dragon died, then they all brought out torches and about 30 seconds later the sun came up...
The blond in the foreground is actually the innkeeper that's a member of the blades. Forgetting her name. This is what the random-looks mod I use did to her.

ScreenShot160.png

... Because tricky animation... she actually misses with that thing every single time but in this shot it almost appears to be going in the right direction.

ScreenShot163.png

No idea why but this spot just suddenly lit up with bright light, so I grabbed a shot. That green person in the background is a follower I made that I'm testing out. Her AI used to break on me a lot leaving her unable to talk. Trying to figure out why or if I've solved it by changing follower framework mods.

ScreenShot173.png

5 hours ago, tiltfox said:

Amazing! I apologize if this is not the place to ask, but do you mind giving info on where to find the female version of the gotha armor shown here? Looks incredible!

That's Clead, my friend. The only Gotha bits shown is the helmet and the axe, they just happen to go very well together.

On 2/21/2019 at 1:57 AM, Hippeus said:

Oh my GOD she is fabulous. Good work.

I always have a lot of trouble deciding between Redguard and Orc for looks.

I got drunk talking to a guy in Whiterun and then somehow found myself fighting Draenei in a crypt under Markarth. Um... Draenei? Weirdly they had object ID codes of 00xxxxxx so I'm not sure which obviously not lore-friendly mod added them... but... one of them needed to get a handle on my follower there and...

EDIT: I just realized I was looking at their PRID... I need to load the game back up and do a 'Help Draenei' and that will out the mod that put them in there (hint: first 2 digits when you do that reveal the mod's load order, so just look in SSEEdit or LOOT for that same number - I end up doing that multiple times a day to fix some conflicting mod or another - I keep a custom mod at the end of my load order with my tweaks/fixes so that I can still get people's updates).

The first two shots show the dramatic difference my ENB setting has outdoors vs indoors...

ScreenShot182.png

ScreenShot181.png

ScreenShot186.png

enb2019_2_26_19_27_47.png

When I switched to Orc I also switched to heavy armor... so I spent a few hours making a mod that has this mini bikini 'Omake' set done as craftable / improveable caster, light, and heavy armor sets and then also adding them to the bandit leveled list gear... then set about crafting sets for myself and my followers. I made it so it can only be crafted if you have a slice of cheese in your inventory... because I couldn't find 'cheesecake'... ;) But that keeps the crafting window from having too many things in it.

- Eventually I will redo that so each piece of each type and level range has a different look... but right now I just really like the look of this particular set.

I suspect the perms on the mini-bikini means I can't redistribute that.