gregathit

What is\Where is - Searches and Requests thread.

This might give you an idea

As for casting spells and using a two handed weapon, not that I know of they pretty much stop each other, spells are cast from one or both hands, two handed weapons require both hands you can not really have both, if you want to use both magic and weapon it is a one handed weapon or use hot keys to switch from the sword to spells, then switch back to the sword after casting the spell.

I don't know about the rest but for casting spells and using two handed weapons, there are some mods that make it faster to switch between weapons in the heat of battle, or to make it more like the Oblivion spellcasting. A quick google search turned up these mods you could try:

Spells as Lesser Powers at Skyrim Nexus - Mods and Community

Spellsword at Skyrim Nexus - Mods and Community

Battlemage at Skyrim Nexus - Mods and Community

Fast Cast - realistic auto casting hotkeys at Skyrim Nexus - Mods and Community

Witchhunter Spells suggested by Gukahn looks like a good option too.

On 4/4/2021 at 6:43 AM, Relevant Halo said:

I've created a lot of followers in creation kit and have no patience to sculp faces.

I would prefer to take an existing face from a mod and copy it to my own, eg. load another mod into creation kit and use the other npc as a preset for my own.

Many of the mods like Bijin AIO modify npcs in a way where all their files and face gen are self contained so I'm not sure if I can copy those.

Any suggestions?

I don't have any idea on how to do this but some mods just made the npcs to use the look of vanilla npcs and when you install a overhaul their npcs will look good too.

14 hours ago, hana120 said:

What do you think of this mod for ankles?
https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/28574?tab=posts

It was recommended to me in mod. 
But I find that for the feet, it doesn't look so good. It's true that it improves the ankles and wrists, but it makes big feet that are not very aesthetic instead of nice thin ones. . 

I used it in my last playthrough but not in this one- While the feet were more feminine, none of my equippable toenails fit! Yes, I know about the "flat" toenails for these feet from another mod, but they only have 2-3 colors and I need more than that!

Sorry if this isn't the right kind of request or too broad. But does anyone have downloads for or links to any semi-realistic looking Korean or Japanese follower mods that aren't on the Nexus or Tullius? 

For (limited) spellcasting with two-handed, Ordinator has the Enchanting perks

40 - Spellscribe - Grants the "Spellscribe" power: use it to store the spell you are dual casting. Your power attacks and power bashes unleash the stored spell for free, with a cooldown based on Enchanting skill. Only works with spells that affect other targets.

70 - Power Echoes - Spellscribe activates twice before going on cooldown.

So, basically, you can pick a projectie spell (only one, and it has to be one you're able to dual cast) and fire it by doing a power attack.  Maybe I'm just dense, but it took me a bit to realize that it could be used as a ranged attack; I had assumed it would function more like a weapon enchantment and have its effects added directly to your strike, rather than firing a projectile like normal spellcasting.

On 4/8/2021 at 11:58 AM, Vyxenne said:

You don't have to pick up the quest to buy/sell at the store, or to progress the main quest- just don't choose the "Did something happen here?" dialogue choice after they get finished yelling at each other, buy/sell or don't, and go on over to Whiterun, where you can pick up the BFB quest from the Jarl. :classic_biggrin:

Then after you clear BFB and bring back the DragonBoner for Farengar Secret-Fart and DellFiend the Comic Queen, you can go back to Riverwood some other time and pick up the BFB quest and do BFB again. :classic_wacko:

In other words, why not just pick up the quest from Lucan and either ignore it, use the console to complete it and get it out of your way without actually doing it, or hop on over the mountain to Whiterun, flirting with Aela along the way, and clear BFB for double rewards (both questgivers)? It seems nuts to me that someone would actually want to visit that Beak Fowls Marrow dump twice. You also can't romance Camilla (other than the brief dalliance at the bridge if you choose to do her there) until you've brought the Claw back to the store- just one more reason to do the quest. :classic_tongue:

You're assuming too many things. I arrived gagged and naked in Riverwood in the middle of the night, and the the store was an easy help that I didn't really want. I know I can just ignore it, but knowing that it's open kinda ruins the immersion a bit. I just locked it with the console for now. Also, I'm totally uninterested in romancing bethesda written NPCs with my female character.

I might do it if I played a male character but then it would feel like flirting with a robot. They just don't have anything interesting to say and feel worn out before I even started playing. I think the problem with Skyrim NPCs is that they are too generic, and all potential wives come with "do this for me and I'll marry you". I want something more complicated. 🙂

2 hours ago, Intronacious said:

You're assuming too many things. I arrived gagged and naked in Riverwood in the middle of the night, and the the store was an easy help that I didn't really want. I know I can just ignore it, but knowing that it's open kinda ruins the immersion a bit. I just locked it with the console for now. Also, I'm totally uninterested in romancing bethesda written NPCs with my female character.

I might do it if I played a male character but then it would feel like flirting with a robot. They just don't have anything interesting to say and feel worn out before I even started playing. I think the problem with Skyrim NPCs is that they are too generic, and all potential wives come with "do this for me and I'll marry you". I want something more complicated. 🙂

OK, cool. Your OP didn't mention any of that, which is why I responded as I did- I had no way of knowing what you know. :classic_huh:

On 4/6/2021 at 5:46 PM, Atenos Aries said:

So.  Has anyone tried sexing up Enderal SE?  If so, how'd it work out?  I know that there are CBBE conversions out and even a standalone companion!  Does anyone know if flowergirls will work?  I'm thinking about giving it a whirl as soon as I finish my current Oblivion playthrough and was wondering what the consensus was.

no one seems to want to touch it just yet. they're waiting for the steam release so as to not interfere with normal skyrim se installation.

Exist a mod that change behaviour of NPCs,  depending what are you wearing?

Or someone can make it.

If I'm wearing stormcloack armour, imperial soldiers attack me if they see me. Independent if I'm in the stormcloack or imperial side. And if I'm in problems, the same soldiers than use the same armour than I'm wearing, they help me. if I'm wearing imperial armour only imperial soldiers. And the same in the other side.

I'm wearing a bandit armor all soldiers (stormcloack and imperial) attacks me, and I can enter in a bandit camp if I'm wearing a bandit armour. Or for the bandits is more difficult identify me, that I'm a strange if I'm wearing the same they wearing.

If i'm wearing imperial armour, can enter an imperial camp, even if I'm in stormcloack side. And they don't attack me. Or they don't attack me for a while.

Thanks in anticipation.

I'm looking for a concise ENB-settings tutorial. Something along these lines:

To Change Visual Effect                |  Adjust ENB Setting(s)           

GlarbleFlarble in the Flumglubble   |   CATEGORY > FlibbleFlabble

My immediate issue is that in bright daylight, shadowed areas are so dark that there is absolutely nothing visible inside their area of effect- stepping into the shade of a shop's canopy or balcony is like switching off the sun, and people standing in the shade of a tree are engulfed in inky blackness and thus invisible- I have to light a torch or set off a Magelight to find the door! Adjusting Gamma works but makes everything look really awful.

I have found a setting that affects it- it's called EffectsFX > "Out black" but when I tweak it to lighten the inkiness in the shade during the day, it also brightens night-time so much that it looks like a cloudy day at high noon.

Surely, Boris is smart enough to differentiate between shadowed locations during daylight, and open unlit wilderness on a moonless night! I just need to find the key settings for each one of those individually because "Out black" is affecting both of them- when I "fix" one I screw up the other. Also, tweaking "Brightness" works to alleviate the deep-black shadows, but makes my face all BLOOMy and horrible looking (shut UP, @Grey Cloud.)

Maybe I just need a new ENB preset. I don't know. I tried one of the newer high-end ENBs but it was so high-end that it did not have an overall Saturation setting, or an overall Contrast setting, or an overall RGB setting- so I was unable to change the overall greenish tone overlaying everything at all hours of the day and night by tweaking an overall RGB setting, nor was I able to change the washed-out look of everything in all weather and lighting conditions by increasing Saturation and Contrast.

So I reverted to my more basic ENB (the now-removed Figment ENB) that at least has the RGB and Saturation controls I need. But I guess Figment may be so basic (and so old, it hasn't been updated for several ENB Binary releases) that it doesn't know the difference between midnight in an open field and high noon under a tree.

All I know is that what I have just isn't working and idk how to fix it.

EDIT: I installed Re-Engaged ENB, spent a few hours tweaking it and it seems to have solved all my problems! I had it installed once before and don't remember why I switched, but in any case I'm good now. Thanks for the responses. :classic_heart: