gregathit

What is\Where is - Searches and Requests thread.

2 hours ago, GorramThrall said:

I downloaded the latest version (rev. 1.7z) and it didn't have it, unless I missed something.

I am using this pack (rev1) and it has that animation. Is on the "Funny Bizness Group" in the SLAL for you to register.

On 3/26/2021 at 8:57 PM, Alessia Wellington said:

If you succeed, could you please share it?

No need to wait for someone to do that for you, it takes literally a minute or less to set a dummy Quest to run this script and it takes even less to just copy and paste the script and compile it.

9 hours ago, Scholarly Badger said:

Perhaps you didn't have "Group" checked in the fomod? It's also easy to miss in the SLAL menu since it's at the bottom of the list of FB Group.

Reinstalled the mod, made sure to click all the features, and when I look in group, it doesn't appear.

2 hours ago, Sasquatcher said:

Does anyone know of any mods that are like BBLS, https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/5646, or The Kinky Princess, https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/28917? Player homes that are mostly lore friendly, aesthetic and could be a hub of sorts for followers?

Underground Bathhouse: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/6166

I also use the npc replacer of the girls: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/44240?tab=description

16 hours ago, a-quick-fap said:

Looking for intimate locations to take screenshots, lore-friendliness not required. Stuff like bathhouses, Aether-suite-alikes, etc.

I like the Kinky Princess, the hidden city scene in SunJeong's store and GomaPero Land.

Spoiler

Kinky Princess

20201210215859_1.jpg

GomaPero Land

20190517023450_1.jpg

HeidiAndErika.jpg

Hidden cityscape in SunJeong's store

20200823205655_1.jpg

20200823205935_1.jpg

19 hours ago, GorramThrall said:

I finally made the switch to SSE and while I had some problems at first, they seem to be resolved. Not a perfect recreation of my LE setup (and that one broke anyway), but close enough. There are at least 3 items I would like to see ported to SSE:

Better Noble Beds/No Canopy on Noble Beds

I use this mesh after converting to SSE. You could also try using this mesh. I have no idea what the difference is between them.

As info, BOTH of the meshes I linked are shown on the SSE Compatibility Tracking page, which @tasairis slaves over a couple of times a month to keep it up to date. It should always be your first stop when looking for LE mods for SSE.

11 hours ago, jmf890 said:
On 3/26/2021 at 6:57 PM, Alessia Wellington said:

If you succeed, could you please share it?

No need to wait for someone to do that for you, it takes literally a minute or less to set a dummy Quest to run this script and it takes even less to just copy and paste the script and compile it.

Of course, the amount of time it takes to do something is based on the generally-false assumption that the ppl who ask others to share their work if they succeed actually know how to implement your suggestions, or even have the tools to do so.

You kindly offered me some similar suggestions last week, even writing a couple of scripts for me, but since I have no clue how to "attach a script to a new quest you have to write" or even compile a script (I think I used CK x86 the one and only time I did it years ago) all your advice did is make me feel even more ignorant than usual.

On 3/17/2021 at 3:47 PM, DrAg0nCrY said:

Damn, why are you so extremely aggressive? I was just asking a question, i didnt even want to sound rude?

I just thought maybe someone knew another mod for SE.

1. Save up your pocket money.

2. Buy a good dictionary (one with an index).

3. Look up 'sarcasm'.

4. Re-read her ladyship's post.

Hi. I'm looking for npc slavery. Mods that I can capture npc or steal them and tie them up in my home or wherever.  I am aware of pahe and defeat, but I have tried them with different load orders and they are usually buggy for me. Can you guys suggest some mods to me.

2 hours ago, Vyxenne said:

Of course, the amount of time it takes to do something is based on the generally-false assumption that the ppl who ask others to share their work if they succeed actually know how to implement your suggestions, or even have the tools to do so.

You kindly offered me some similar suggestions last week, even writing a couple of scripts for me, but since I have no clue how to "attach a script to a new quest you have to write" or even compile a script (I think I used CK x86 the one and only time I did it years ago) all your advice did is make me feel even more ignorant than usual.

Ignorance cannot be used as an excuse because it's not just lack of knowledge, but a state of mind one chooses to stay at.

It will take you a couple of minutes searching online to find out how to do these things by yourself and there are plenty of apps/extensions for managing and compiling scripts for you. You also don't need CK to attach a script; that can be done just as easily with xEdit by adding the VMAD entry to the record.

I take days, if not weeks, researching and reading when I am on a project, assuming people would take 5 minutes of their time to research something so trivial when they've already been given a ready to deploy solution isn't far-fetched as you seem to imply.

I noticed a post from you a few posts above where you talk about fitting an outfit to your body. You do realize that is more complex and takes far more effort, right?

This is all it takes to create a new dummy quest with xEdit.

1. Right click any Quest (QUST) record and select Copy as new record into...
  2. Either select an already existing plugin or create a new one at the bottom.
  3. Delete this new quest by right clicking it and selecting Remove (we only copied it to force xEdit into creating the Quest group/new file, if you are copying into an existing plugin and it already has a Quest group, you can start at step 4).
  4. Right click the group Quest -> Add -> QUST - Quest.
  5. Add and set an editor id (EDID) and a name (FULL).
  6. Set up the quest flags at DNAM (Start Game Enabled, etc).
  7. Add a VMAD entry and then a script.

As for compiling scripts, like I said, there are plenty of apps that does it for you, including MO support.

You can also write an xEdit script to compile it from there. Here is mine...

Spoiler

unit CompileScript;

const
    SOURCE_SCRIPTS   = 'Source\Scripts\';
    SCRIPTS          = 'Scripts';
    PAPYRUS_COMPILER = '..\Papyrus Compiler\PapyrusCompiler.exe';
    PAPYRUS_FLAGS    = 'TESV_Papyrus_Flags.flg';

function Initialize: integer;
var
    scriptSource, scriptName: string;
    dst: string;
    error: cardinal;
begin
    result := 1;
    if not InputQuery('Compile Script', 'Script Name', scriptName) then
        exit;
    scriptName := Trim(scriptName);
    if scriptName = '' then
        exit;
    if ExtractFileExt(scriptName) <> '.psc' then
        scriptName := scriptName + '.psc';
    scriptSource := DataPath + SOURCE_SCRIPTS;
    if not FileExists(scriptSource + scriptName) then begin
        AddMessage('[ERROR] ' + scriptName + ': Script not found!');
        exit;
    end;
    dst := SelectDirectory('Destination', '', DataPath + SCRIPTS, nil);
    if dst = '' then
        exit;
    error := ShellExecuteWait(
        TForm(frmMain).Handle,
        'open',
        DataPath + PAPYRUS_COMPILER,
        '"' + scriptName + '" -op -f="' + PAPYRUS_FLAGS + '" -i="' + scriptSource + '" -o="' + dst + '"',
        scriptSource,
        SW_SHOWNORMAL
    );
    if error = 0 then
        AddMessage('[SUCCESS] ' + scriptName + ': Compiled successfully!')
    else
        AddMessage('[ERROR] ' + scriptName + ': Failed to compile!');
end;

end.

The only problem that could arise is when you are compiling a script referencing another script, but its psc is either inside a BSA archive or in a separate download.

These are easy and quick to fix for about 95% of the cases.

Took me far longer to write this post than it would've to have researched these things, and this is exactly why I generally don't indulge explaining trivial stuff that can be easily researched online.

On 3/26/2021 at 6:31 PM, jmf890 said:

You can try the following...

Create a new quest (type None), tick Start Game Enabled and Run Once and attach this script.

Reveal hidden contents

Scriptname ResetSMPQuest extends Quest

float MenuOpenTime

Event OnInit()
    RegisterForMenu("Loading Menu")
    RegisterForMenu("Sleep/Wait Menu")
EndEvent

Event OnMenuOpen(String MenuName)
    If MenuName == "Sleep/Wait Menu"
        MenuOpenTime = Utility.GetCurrentGameTime()
    EndIf
EndEvent

Event OnMenuClose(String MenuName)
    If MenuName == "Loading Menu"
        ConsoleUtil.ExecuteCommand("smp reset")
    ElseIf MenuName == "Sleep/Wait Menu"
        If Utility.GetCurrentGameTime() > MenuOpenTime
            ConsoleUtil.ExecuteCommand("smp reset")
        EndIf
    EndIf
EndEvent

You need ConsoleUtil SSE for this to work.

So unless I'm stupid this means setting up through the Creation Kit? Not actually a modder in Skyrim, just modding so I'm not skilled in these kind of things. Don't even have the creation kit installed right now. :/

Ignorance cannot be used as an excuse because it's not just lack of knowledge, but a state of mind one chooses to stay at.

No, choosing ignorance is stupidity. Ignorance is almost always curable.

But I think you're painting with a broad brush here, I've never known Vyx to choose ignorance, or stupidity. She's a solid contributor, and she's an absolute joy to work with on things.

I know, because I have in the past.

It will take you a couple of minutes searching online to find out how to do these things by yourself and there are plenty of apps/extensions for managing and compiling scripts for you. You also don't need CK to attach a script; that can be done just as easily with xEdit by adding the VMAD entry to the record.

I take days, if not weeks, researching and reading when I am on a project, assuming people would take 5 minutes of their time to research something so trivial when they've already been given a ready to deploy solution isn't far-fetched as you seem to imply.

Some things, however...never change. Not everyone has the 'developer's eye' or has the discipline/acuity for this kind of work. There's no shame in that whatsoever. Not everyone has the chops to do deeper technical work...and to be frank, I'd rather have someone comfortable with it, than someone forced into it...despite it being outside their wheelhouse. That's how bad shit tends to happen in this business.

Dropping a code snippet in, and expecting someone to just run with it...expecting them to just read your intent automagically when they don't have your own requisite knowledge is obtuse at best, and elitist at worst.

The expectation that everyone's comfortable with, and eager to baptize themselves in fire because someone dropped in some code is asking a lot. The CK itself is hot garbage on a good day. It can be even more unforgiving on a bad one. xEdit is better, but still has a learning curve. Not everyone has the mentality to think like a dev. This is the one true thing I have learned after almost 40 years of working with and in Technology.

I wouldn't ask Vyx to work on something with me that required extensive work in xedit, or the CK. I would absolutely ask her to work with me on a badly put together outfit that needed some fixing, or moved properly to a UNP/UUNP bod. I've seen her work...it's her core comptency, and she has an innate talent for it. On the flip side, there are scripting wizards here, and people who know the CK/XE inside and out, whom I'd ask to work with in that area if I needed it.

this is exactly why I generally don't indulge explaining trivial stuff that can be easily researched online.

Ordinarily, I would absolutely agree with you. I have flamed with extraordinary vengeance...people who have come into the LL Discord asking shit that's literally on the mod description page. I loathe laziness. If you can't google the simplest of stuff...I often tell people "perhaps modding ain't for you"...

But this isn't someone inquiring about how to set up bodyslide for the first time, where there's a plethora of tutorials on YT. While surface easy for someone like you, or even myself...it's not that to others. Recognizing the depths and shallows of your own ability isn't a crime. It's an asset. Being honest about it helps those better help you. Code can be pretty scary to a lot of folks. It's like taking a Word user, showing them vi (or egads, EMACS), and expecting them to just run with it.

There's no shame in recognizing what are, and what are not your core competencies; it's shameful to assume that people automatically share your core competencies.

Ponder that. Just consider it.

Cheers.

34 minutes ago, Swanky said:

So unless I'm stupid this means setting up through the Creation Kit? Not actually a modder in Skyrim, just modding so I'm not skilled in these kind of things. Don't even have the creation kit installed right now. :/

Or via xEdit as explained above, if you are more comfortable with it.

34 minutes ago, WandererZero said:

No, choosing ignorance is stupidity. Ignorance is almost always curable.

How exactly does this differs from my description?

35 minutes ago, WandererZero said:

But I think you're painting with a broad brush here, I've never known Vyx to choose ignorance, or stupidity. She's a solid contributor, and she's an absolute joy to work with on things.

Huh? This was in reference to "makes me feel even more ignorant than usual".

I never called anyone anything, I just pointed out my interpretation of ignorance.

38 minutes ago, WandererZero said:

Dropping a code snippet in, and expecting someone to just run with it...expecting them to just read your intent automagically when they don't have your own requisite knowledge is obtuse at best, and elitist at worst.

Not just a code snippet, but the whole solution. All that was needed was to set it up, which as I'd mentioned, you can find out how by searching online within a couple of minutes. I even explained where and how it should be attached.

Sorry, but if you are expecting me to just create a plugin and compile a script for every request for help, you are out of your mind. How many people do that for every random request? I'll probably not even be able to do it myself even if I wanted to because I don't have the same mods installed, requiring the person to deploy it by themselves for their custom builds.

I'll give the solution ready to deploy and you do it as you seem fit. If anything requires advanced use, I'll thoroughly explain it (EXAMPLE).

45 minutes ago, WandererZero said:

Not everyone has the mentality to think like a dev.

Getting something ready to deploy with basic instructions on how to do it available all over the net (I've explained it in 7 steps, 4 if you've an existing plugin) is thinking like a dev, hell, I must really rebrand myself as I just spent the last 4 days working on reverse-engineering native x86 code and even writing some x86 asm subroutines manually for some algorithms that I need hand optimized to run as fast as possible to prevent large latencies while playing the game.

Dude... Everything needs some know-how, getting things handed out to you and deploying them yourself IS NOT "thinking like a dev". More so when it involves absolutely no development tasks as I already did that part for those two solutions I've posted in this thread.

56 minutes ago, WandererZero said:

But this isn't someone inquiring about how to set up bodyslide for the first time, where there's a plethora of tutorials on YT. While surface easy for someone like you, or even myself...it's not that to others. Recognizing the depths and shallows of your own ability isn't a crime. It's an asset. Being honest about it helps those better help you. Code can be pretty scary to a lot of folks. It's like taking a Word user, showing them vi (or egads, EMACS), and expecting them to just run with it.

xEdit has tons of tutorials aswell and it's far easier/quicker to set a new record in there than it's to adjust an outfit to your custom body. Nothing that was required on my solutions fall under advanced use.

No  Papyrus knowledge (or any programming knowledge, for that matter) is required. I've already handed out finished code. Any further questions, problems or doubts, could've been asked if the person at least tried. There are also plenty of compiler apps that require ZERO skill to use. This isn't C or C++ where you need to set an environment to compile it, you literally just drop the file(s) in those apps and click compile.

The fact that she didn't manage to do something this simple and didn't ask any further questions, means that she didn't even try. It's her choice, I don't mind, but saying you need to be anything but an average layman end user to do such simple (and easily researchable) tasks is bullshit.

People getting help these days are so dependent on others to do everything for them (and in many cases the helper also has to deal with such entitlement) that you get why more and more people are keeping their wisdom to themselves while others share their wisdom, but only for a price. It's a thankless job and you still have to explain yourself like I am doing here.

Anyway, sorry for the long post/rant, but I was quoted by both of you and I thought I'd to go through this whole "he/she can't do it because he/she isn't a dev" argument.

55 minutes ago, jmf890 said:

The fact that she didn't manage to do something this simple and didn't ask any further questions, means that she didn't even try. It's her choice, I don't mind, but saying you need to be anything but an average layman end user to do such simple (and easily researchable) tasks is bullshit.

These two lines say a great deal about your frame of mind.  This is a fruitless conversation.

We're done here.

*plonk*.

@Swanky 's avatar clearly depicts my expression if i had to do more scripting than 'hello world'.

I had two years schooling for programming (i was curious ;)), i get the theory, i can (depending on the used language) read code, but i simply can't write more than a handful of the most basic lines. Coding is a gordic knot for me... and i don't own a sword to cut through.

So i'm totally with Vyxenne.

There's no shame in knowing your limits and in asking for help if you hit a wall.

Okay I should've read everything before typing the above. After a good one and a half hours (most of it trying to understand that bethesda launcher and the creation kit are probably needed for compiling that script) this is what I'm at, not sure if that script was compiled / attached correctly. If someone wants to spend the time and check, please do so.

I am not a coder. I can interpret and understand a bit of base code, or in case of MUGEN engine, also write simple code, but I don't consider myself a coder; I don't know how/where to compile a script in either C, C++, uscript or creation, yet I've been modding / adding to games for 20 years. Heck I'm not a native english speaking person so I have to sometimes pause for a moment just to understand what the person is trying to say.

Isn't a dev can be an argument, you can be a level designer and don't understand jack about code. You can be a coder but understand jack about level design. There are many fields in modding and not all need to have the same inputs, so s/he will need to have guidance in understanding how things work. You can roll your eyes at it all you want, but please don't ever discount end user incompetence, stupidty or lack of knowledge on a subject.

2 hours ago, jmf890 said:

Getting something ready to deploy with basic instructions on how to do it available all over the net (I've explained it in 7 steps, 4 if you've an existing plugin) is thinking like a dev, hell, I must really rebrand myself as I just spent the last 4 days working on reverse-engineering native x86 code and even writing some x86 asm subroutines manually for some algorithms that I need hand optimized to run as fast as possible to prevent large latencies while playing the game.

Dude... Everything needs some know-how, getting things handed out to you and deploying them yourself IS NOT "thinking like a dev". More so when it involves absolutely no development tasks as I already did that part for those two solutions I've posted in this thread.

True and not true. You still need some basic knowledge as of where to look. Just assuming that someone has used a program before doesn't necessarily mean s/he'll know how to add a script to a mod, for example. It's not necessarily thinking as a dev, but actually knowing how to use a program in this case. A dev has to solve a problem and develop the solution. A modder can seek something as simple as a tutorial on how to fix something. That's why I don't fully agree with either assessment.

2 hours ago, jmf890 said:

xEdit has tons of tutorials aswell and it's far easier/quicker to set a new record in there than it's to adjust an outfit to your custom body. Nothing that was required on my solutions fall under advanced use.

While it is true that xEdit is relatively comfortable to use it doesn't mean we can assume that everyone is well versed in its usability and features. While not strictly advanced it requires you to look up how to set up things in a program that otherwise does not strictly allow for something like that.

15 hours ago, jmf890 said:

I noticed a post from you a few posts above where you talk about fitting an outfit to your body. You do realize that is more complex and takes far more effort, right?

This is exactly what I mean and this is where it comes around. Depending on what result you want it may not even be more complex to do. If you were given directions on how to do it, you could do it, but it might take you some extra time to look up where exactly in the program you have to click and which path to follow until you get the result, maybe even start over a couple of times.

In any event, I'm grateful for the help so far, I just wish everybody would just cool off a little with their assumptions of what other people are or are not able to do, and what they should be able to do with the instructions given.

SMPResetScript.esp

I've test the animation with the irresistible attractive spell. The animation is OK. I have the Arouse mod, but I cannot get in to the animation even the character and the followers' arouse level is pretty high(around 70).

Every time I choose "I find you attractive" to the followers, the respond is always "Nah, I dont think so", even the arouse level is above 50, and the character is suffering a debuff from it.

Is there any other way to start sex other than using the irresistible attractive spell?

The follower is Recorder.

Also, another question: I installed the devious device mod, but can't find anything about it in the game, is there anyway to start it? Or it's just like a framework for other mods?

Thank you for help!

Alright, a quick check of the Devious Devices description, there's a Q&A section that says you'll need another mod to put the items into the game world. That being said, you should be able to just spawn them in using console commands if you don't feel like downloading something else.

Unfortunately, I can't help with the Matchmaker (I assume?) spells as I've never used it. However, as far as other ways to start animations, there are plenty of mods to do that. Without knowing any specifics about what you do and do not want in your game, the best I can do for now is send you to SexLab Index SE.