Converting my Sexy Vampire Lord to SSE

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey silvist im having a problem where the Vampirelord Animations aren't working atall my character defaults to a tpose animation can anyone help?

EDIT: Fixed it i didnt convert all the files so ofcourse i was gonna have issues :s

Update: ive got normal Vampirelord animations then i noticed i should have custom ones how do i get the custom animations working?

• 4 weeks later...

D'oh! I finally figured out what I was doing wrong: I was converting the animations *after* converting the esp. I should've been converting them first.

In case anyone else wants to do it, too, here's the steps I used:

1) download the mod from the original thread here

2) extract it to your Skyrim SE data folder

3) go to bethesda.net and install the creation kit for SSE (install it in your SSE folder - it won't work from any other folder anyway)

4) in your SSE folder, a new folder will be there called Tools. Look inside that for a folder called HavokBehaviorPostProcess. Look inside that for HavokBehaviorPostProcess.exe. Copy that file and paste it in data\meshes\actors\vampirelord\

5) create a new text file in data\meshes\actors\vampirelord\, put the following line in it, and save it as BatchHavokUpdate.bat (the actual filename isn't important, but make sure it's a .bat file, and not .bat.txt or something)

For /R %%G in (*.HKX) do HavokBehaviorPostProcess.exe --platformamd64 "%%G" "%%G" > log.txt

6) double click on the bat file you just saved to run it (this will convert the animations)

7) in your base SSE folder, open CreationKit.exe

8) once it's open, click file -> load, and in the window that pops up, double click Skyrim.esm, Update.esm, Dawnguard.esm, ADEC_SuccubusArmor.esp, and altvamplord.esp so they all have x's next to them. Then click once on altvamplord.esp to select it (but don't remove the x), click the Make Active Plugin button, then click OK.

9) it'll take a while to load everything, and will almost certainly throw several dozen errors in the process. None of those errors matter, so just hit Yes To All every time it pops up.

10) once everything is done loading, hit the save button and close. You don't need to edit anything, the program automatically did it all for you.

And with those 10 steps, you should now have a successfully converted version of the custom vampire lord mod, and then we can all wait patiently together while Silvist works his magic and makes it better :)

a video would help me way better

• 1 month later...

I also tried to get the Oldrim version to work, followed the same process as chodness did, but still get the dreaded t-pose. I'm guessing I have to fix it by fixing the animations record by using SSEEdit, like was what mentioned. But that is a wee but beyond what I have done before.

I also tried the better vampire lord transform on nexus but that one makes the calves on the new CBBE body disappear. No matter what I try to do in CK I can't fix that issue.

So I guess I'm also stuck waiting for an update.

@MisukoB - I'm still around, just haven't gotten the time to finish this up.  The easiest way to use the old one would be to update the esp to SSE (I'd rather just make a new one from scratch lol), then convert the animations over using one of the tools on the nexus.  Otherwise, you may have conflicts if using the old esp.

I figured since some users like Chodness figured out how to convert my old mod over, that it would hold people over until I got a proper update going. 

What I was really waiting for was an update to the RaceCompatibility.esm, so I could make sure there was no conflicts when using a custom race.  There's also scripts that go with that, and I unfortunately don't have much experience messing with scripts. 

I know quite a few of us use custom races (including myself), so that was my main reason on waiting.  Plus it was hard using SSE without SKSE...thankfully that's slowly in the works :D

@MisukoB - I'm still around, just haven't gotten the time to finish this up.  The easiest way to use the old one would be to update the esp to SSE (I'd rather just make a new one from scratch lol), then convert the animations over using one of the tools on the nexus.  Otherwise, you may have conflicts if using the old esp.

I figured since some users like Chodness figured out how to convert my old mod over, that it would hold people over until I got a proper update going. 

What I was really waiting for was an update to the RaceCompatibility.esm, so I could make sure there was no conflicts when using a custom race.  There's also scripts that go with that, and I unfortunately don't have much experience messing with scripts. 

I know quite a few of us use custom races (including myself), so that was my main reason on waiting.  Plus it was hard using SSE without SKSE...thankfully that's slowly in the works :D

Nice to see you're still around!

I converted your .esp in the SE creation kit right after I converted all of the animations. I even did this process 3 times just to make sure the first time was not just a glitch. But I still get the t-pose no matter what I do. Any help is welcome. I really hate the old vampire lord. I want the new and sexy.

I converted your .esp in the SE creation kit right after I converted all of the animations. I even did this process 3 times just to make sure the first time was not just a glitch. But I still get the t-pose no matter what I do. Any help is welcome. I really hate the old vampire lord. I want the new and sexy.

I know it is simple, but maybe try run FNIS(who knows maybe it will help)? Also Dirty Weasel on youtube did good guide to converting simple mods from oldrim to SSE. Including converting animations and meshes. There is also guide to converting animations on nexus. Read and check maybe you do something wrong? I will try myself when I will have some time.

Edit: I fallowed guide from Dirty Weasel (animations, nif optimizing and .esp in creation kit) and it works fine!

I know it is simple, but maybe try run FNIS(who knows maybe it will help)? Also Dirty Weasel on youtube did good guide to converting simple mods from oldrim to SSE. Including converting animations and meshes. There is also guide to converting animations on nexus. Read and check maybe you do something wrong? I will try myself when I will have some time.

Edit: I fallowed guide from Dirty Weasel (animations, nif optimizing and .esp in creation kit) and it works fine!

Using FNIS was something I did every time. I guess I might have some mod interfering with the mod. I'm using XP32 SSE version and ECE SSE. Gonna try and disable both and see what happens. I also use Better Vampires and that's it, everything else I have does not touch vampires, vampire lords or any animations.

But I do know what when it comes to Skyrim, even the tiniest mod can cause problems.

Using FNIS was something I did every time. I guess I might have some mod interfering with the mod. I'm using XP32 SSE version and ECE SSE. Gonna try and disable both and see what happens. I also use Better Vampires and that's it, everything else I have does not touch vampires, vampire lords or any animations.

But I do know what when it comes to Skyrim, even the tiniest mod can cause problems.

I had also installed BV and XP32 SSE. It worked fine for me without using FNIS. I tried on brand new save with just texture replaces and BV, XP32 SSE, some animation mods and alternate start. I used file for converting animations from guide on nexus.

I had also installed BV and XP32 SSE. It worked fine for me without using FNIS. I tried on brand new save with just texture replaces and BV, XP32 SSE, some animation mods and alternate start. I used file for converting animations from guide on nexus.

I disabled most of my mods but I kept XP32 SSE with FNIS and it's creature pack, also Better Vampires. But no matter what I do I still get the t-pose.

I disabled most of my mods but I kept XP32 SSE with FNIS and it's creature pack, also Better Vampires. But no matter what I do I still get the t-pose.

Well you using NMM or MO2? Maybe you need fresh skyrim instal? I also forgot to tell that I used version without male support (18 MB one)

Well you using NMM or MO2? Maybe you need fresh skyrim instal? I also forgot to tell that I used version without male support (18 MB one)

NMM, but I have installed manually, too. A fresh Skyrim install might help. Might try it when I have enough time considering the hunt for whatever is the problem is still something I have to do even if I reinstall SSE. I want all those mods back and I'm not going to play with a basic SSE.

I forgot to mention that I use the new CBBE SSE, it should not interfere, though.

Yea, I'm currently rebuilding my SSE mod collection.  Thankfully I backed all of my SSE up, so I could play around with different mods.  Once I find a good setup, I'll probably wipe it and copy over the backup.

I believe if you are getting T-pose, it could be related to the skeleton.  My old mod did a simply approach to the Vampire lord.  My new version is more like Shaydow's where it creates an entire directory separate for the vampire lord animations and all.

Are you always getting t-pose?  Are you able to fly, and land while being stuck in t-pose?  If so, that's skeleton related.  If not, it could be animation related.

Also, make sure you are right click running FNIS as administrator.  Its hard to say what retarded things Microsoft will do in the future with permissions, since its already a pain in the ass in win 10.

Since you mentioned you converted the animations, did you convert the skeleton over as well? Or did you copy over your own skeleton?  You should be able to copy over the currently XP32 skel or perhaps what comes with CBBE.  Just depends on what armor you are using for vampire lord.

With oldrim I used to use PCEA 2, the animation MCM...and once and a while I'd get a t-pose.  Easy for for that was a simple reset of animations through the MCM.

The good thing about my old mod though, is it used BBP at least with the default succubus armor.  Since we don't have HDT yet, this is what most people are using atm.

Yea, I'm currently rebuilding my SSE mod collection.  Thankfully I backed all of my SSE up, so I could play around with different mods.  Once I find a good setup, I'll probably wipe it and copy over the backup.

I believe if you are getting T-pose, it could be related to the skeleton.  My old mod did a simply approach to the Vampire lord.  My new version is more like Shaydow's where it creates an entire directory separate for the vampire lord animations and all.

Are you always getting t-pose?  Are you able to fly, and land while being stuck in t-pose?  If so, that's skeleton related.  If not, it could be animation related.

Also, make sure you are right click running FNIS as administrator.  Its hard to say what retarded things Microsoft will do in the future with permissions, since its already a pain in the ass in win 10.

Since you mentioned you converted the animations, did you convert the skeleton over as well? Or did you copy over your own skeleton?  You should be able to copy over the currently XP32 skel or perhaps what comes with CBBE.  Just depends on what armor you are using for vampire lord.

With oldrim I used to use PCEA 2, the animation MCM...and once and a while I'd get a t-pose.  Easy for for that was a simple reset of animations through the MCM.

The good thing about my old mod though, is it used BBP at least with the default succubus armor.  Since we don't have HDT yet, this is what most people are using atm.

Unfortunately the t-pose happens no matter if I use XP32 SSE or the one you provided in your mod, which I converted first. Walking, running, jumping or attacking all result in the t-pose. So it might be skeleton related but it happens with both skeletons. running FNIS in admin mode made no difference.

I actually tried Shaydow's version as well, which I also converted; .esp, animations and meshes. But Skyrim just crashed to desktop when I try to shapeshift into a vampire lord with that mod.

@MisukoB - Yea, then its definitely a skeleton problem.  Especially the CTD when you used Shaydow's mod.  What did you use to convert the animation and skeleton files? 

Unfortunately I'm not sure if anything changed with the behavior file of the Vampire lord.  I just know I was able to get it all working (my vid at the front page shows that :D).  Are you using the latest version of SSE?  I've heard quite a bit of issues with mods working since the creation club update.

@MisukoB - Yea, then its definitely a skeleton problem.  Especially the CTD when you used Shaydow's mod.  What did you use to convert the animation and skeleton files? 

Unfortunately I'm not sure if anything changed with the behavior file of the Vampire lord.  I just know I was able to get it all working (my vid at the front page shows that :D).  Are you using the latest version of SSE?  I've heard quite a bit of issues with mods working since the creation club update.

I used Ousnius latest SSE NIF optimizer, 2.9.1. But converting or not converting makes no difference. I always get the t-pose. It's like something is constantly overwriting the skeleton from your mod. But removing the XP32 one from character assets and using the vanilla skeleton and body also makes no difference.

Yes I'm using the latest version of SSE and SKSE64. But I don't know what could possibly effect your mod. Survival mode should not interfere.

@YuliaS11 - Yes I will for sure.  My mod has been around since the release of Dawnguard, so there's been alot of stuff I need to update :D

I originally canceled updating it, because someone stole my work and uploaded it to the nexus.

@MitsukoB - Yea, that's really odd.  The skeleton the mod uses, should be the one in the vampire lord folder.  The regular body you use should have no impact on that at all. 

Are you using the default armor that comes with my mod, or did you modify that?  If you modified that armor, make sure THAT is updated.

@MitsukoB - Yea, that's really odd. The skeleton the mod uses, should be the one in the vampire lord folder. The regular body you use should have no impact on that at all.

Are you using the default armor that comes with my mod, or did you modify that? If you modified that armor, make sure THAT is updated.

I'm using the one you provided.

@MitsukoB - lol, yea I'm out of ideas for what's causing the issue.  This is why I'll probably need testers once I get near to releasing my mod for SSE. 

I'll see if I can put something together this weekend, as long as I don't run into any conflicts on my end.