How to use HDT Enabled body meshes and clothing/armor in Skyrim SE

Nephenee13

Wow! Thanks a lot for the post. My character is looking a lot better now. I'm using 'CBBE, Fair Skin Complexion, Adorable Face, and Killer Keo's Skimpy CBBE Armor replacer.' attachicon.gifSSE Female Body Character.jpg

what hair ?

Wow! Thanks a lot for the post. My character is looking a lot better now. I'm using 'CBBE, Fair Skin Complexion, Adorable Face, and Killer Keo's Skimpy CBBE Armor replacer.' attachicon.gifSSE Female Body Character.jpg

How? I'm trying to get Killer Keo's Skimpy CBBE Armor Replacer to work, but my character ends up looking like this

qcwRnUz.jpg

Did you have to change anything? I've tried disabling the esps in Keo's and it doesn't work.

For anybody wondering what hair I used in my last post I used either ApachiiSkyHair or KS Hairdos. Also I used Killer Keo's Skimpy Armor replacer "installer" from the nexus and chose "Silly Huge version" for almost all the armor choices. I also use NMM to install my mods and LOOT to sort them. I hope this info helps anybody.

• 1 month later...

Just in case some of you have tried and gotten crashes, and don't want to futz with removing the HDT bones, there is an easy work around that will let you use any HDT Body or Clothes in Skyrim SE. Just, of course, with no bounce.

Download the newest version of the XPMSE Skeleton

Unpack the archive to a temporary directory

Find the folder "07 XPMSE3 (Recommended)". Pack THIS DIRECTORY ONLY into a new archive.

Drop the archive into Wrye Bash or NMM. Then install it.

Now your HDT enabled body meshes and clothes can be used, but again, with no actual HDT effects. But they won't crash the game.

Attached are two images. Unified UNP Body with UNP Body and Face Textures.

CT77 Sexy Armor Replacer UNP HDT

I installed XPMSSE, UNP Female Body Renewal and Dragonfly BBP Animation and it all works- I get BBP when naked and when wearing BBP clothing I ported over from Oldrim by unpacking BSAs and using Ousnius's SSE NIF Optimizer.

This thread is talking about HDT and BBP as synonymous, and I'm confused because I thought they were different animals- HDT for high heels and hair and earrings and collisions, and BBP/TBBP for body bounces and jiggles.

What I'd like to do is find some way to use my Oldrim high heels that currently have HDT High Heels System meshes *cough*Newmiller*cough* but I'd rather not have to sacrifice my working BBP to do it, which is what crippling XPMSE-SSE as outlined in this post sounds like it would do.

Can someone please set me straight? Is BBP really synonymous with HDT, or are they simply kissing cousins that both provide motion but to different objects? I realize that HDT depends on SKSE (which is why my heels clip into the ground until we get SKSE and a working high heels system in SSE) while BBP doesn't depend on SKSE, obviously, since I have BBP working now in SKSE-Free SSE.

I have the CK and would be glad to remove the HDT component from the Oldrim heels but I simply don't know how to do it.

Thanks.

• 3 months later...

The higher fidelity of SSE means a lot of textures can be updated to look even better! I already see some modders work on that. Really cool.

Also had forgotten how ugly vanilla characters looked... holy shit!

Boy, you aren't kidding!  Without SKYUI / Racemenu to adjust shit, ugghh...!  With only a handful of eyes, noses, colors of shit, etc., it's like the crappy FO4 character setup. It think Beth is just lazy, expecting modders to finish their work - and luckily they will. The good thing is that most non-SKSE Oldrim mods work fine in SSE, so there's hope there in the meantime.  And i just assume HDT-type stuff will as well, but it just won't work (bouncy, etc) per se. We're back to the 'ol BBP days for a while!

But that'll change and as you said, SSE looks fantastic! At least to me, with my ENB, etc.  Without the 3G RAM issues of the 32-bit system, I only see good things coming out of this. FO4 just isn't working for me. It's an OK game (dialog tree sucks), but I guess I'm just not into robots and so on. So, it's VERY cool that Beth did decide to 64-bit Skyrim - and give it out free!  I believe SSE will be amazing...and live on for many more years.

Sorry if I got off point...  :)

• 3 weeks later...

im late to the conversation but i dont really use these skimpy mods i just want some dark souls armors to work in my game that use hdt physics i tried installing the 07 XPMSE folder by itself  and it doesnt seem to work instant ctd when i do any help? 

im also playing as a male character and not using body slide 

• 3 weeks later...

I assume you guys did what I did? Use the old Bodyslide, and up-to-date SE UNP Body (Bathsheba), install Dragonfly's TBBP animations and bobs-your-uncle, TBBP. My lasses have had bouncing goodness in Skyrim SE since last November.  Shame there's no collision but none the less, they have TBBP. 

I overwrote Dragonfly's abortion of a twirling idle of course.

I assume you guys did what I did? Use the old Bodyslide, and up-to-date SE UNP Body (Bathsheba), install Dragonfly's TBBP animations and bobs-your-uncle, TBBP. My lasses have had bouncing goodness in Skyrim SE since last November.  Shame there's no collision but none the less, they have TBBP. 

I overwrote Dragonfly's abortion of a twirling idle of course.

Haha, that's exactly what I did as well.  The spinning animation thing was driving me nuts.  I do prefer Fore's Sexy Move but will have to wait for SKSE for that.

Yep - roll on SKSE 64. But we may not see HDT because Fore himself told me the HDT Havok stuff is 32bit based and of course the SKSE will be 64. 32bit Havok will work in a 64bit environment BUT it needs to be hooked into the new SKSE, and the guy who developed it has "gone quiet". Anyway, maybe another saint out there will help us on that!

(I will worry about this now forever...)

• 5 months later...

UPDATE: I downloaded this mod and it worked straight away. I guess there was just something wrong with Killer Keo's version.

I converted Killer Keo's mod using Ousnius's genius NifOptimizer and resaving the esp in CK64 and it worked in SSE the first time. So I don't think there's anything 'wrong' with Killer Keo's Oldrim mod in SSE.

Archived