28 minutes ago, Illuminati said:

That's a lot of money. Hopefully she'll release the source code.

Yeah, now that she's lost interest in it, it'd be for the best for her to just put everything up on a github and let people fork off of it to make improvements. That way, she retains control of the codebase should she later want to come back to it, or if she sees someone doing something interesting with the code and it draws her back in to tinker with it. Forked projects are often good that way.

19 hours ago, elzee said:

I have bad news here.

hydrogensayshdt, the author of hdt SMP, PE, HH, has lost interest in TESV. She don't want to touch Skyrim LE and SE anymore.

So SMP, PE, HH will no longer update. at least in the near future I guess.

As SMP is still unstable and has some major bugs (like makes Lurker T pose and CTD and conflict wtih mods handling menumode), I hope someone can continue hydrogensayshdt's work. 

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, Vyxenne said:

Reveal hidden contents

giphy.gif

Vyxenne, you seem to have a pretty good grasp of collisions physics and the mod community. Is it possible that an alternative could be developed out of HDT-PE? Or another system? If Hydrogen is done and won't release code for SMP, obviously things will be pretty dead in the water. 

I never played the oldrim version, so I'm just wondering how huge of a blow this is.

Hey, so what body base should I be using for HDT SMP? I started using CBBE because of the attitude on nexus suggesting they're only ever going to support CBBE, not all the other shapes. So, I have that brand spanking new CBBE Body Special. But, when I make a preset with it and apply it to outfits, the sliders don't really match up. Or they do, but not exactly. I'm thinking if I went back to an older body mesh, that I'd have more luck with sliders.

So, I've seen mentioned in the thread there's a UUNP option, dragging the presets from the old BodySlide and using that in the new BodySlide. Would that give me reduced-but-more-compatible sliders? What body are people generally using?

2 hours ago, BillyPilgrim said:

Is it possible that an alternative could be developed out of HDT-PE?

As I understand it, absolutely not an option. PE is based on 32-bit Havok, which simply will not work with SSE; 64-bit Havok (which SSE uses internally) has a license which costs tens of thousands of dollars. SMP is a sort of "wrapper" around Bullet, a competing free and open source physics engine. It's really the only game in town.

In short, if Hydrogen does not release SMP's source, someone would have to start essentially from scratch as Hydrogen once did, and I'm not at all confident a modder with the necessary skillset exists in current Skyrim fandom. ?

Please, Hydrogen, save us! Release the source and retire a legend! 

7 hours ago, degenernate said:

As I understand it, absolutely not an option. PE is based on 32-bit Havok, which simply will not work with SSE; 64-bit Havok (which SSE uses internally) has a license which costs tens of thousands of dollars. SMP is a sort of "wrapper" around Bullet, a competing free and open source physics engine. It's really the only game in town.

In short, if Hydrogen does not release SMP's source, someone would have to start essentially from scratch as Hydrogen once did, and I'm not at all confident a modder with the necessary skillset exists in current Skyrim fandom. ?

Please, Hydrogen, save us! Release the source and retire a legend! 

the only way i can think of getting a 64-bit Havok license is if some one sets up a donation page to help buy said person a license.

11 hours ago, BillyPilgrim said:

Vyxenne, you seem to have a pretty good grasp of collisions physics and the mod community. Is it possible that an alternative could be developed out of HDT-PE? Or another system? If Hydrogen is done and won't release code for SMP, obviously things will be pretty dead in the water. 

I never played the oldrim version, so I'm just wondering how huge of a blow this is.

HDT-PE depends on Havok physics. Havok was sold to Intel, and we (we=modder community) could still develop physics based on Havok. But then Intel sold it to Microsoft and they removed any permission for anyone to do anything with Havok- typical Microsoft. So no further development is possible with HDT-PE even by hydrogensayshdt even if he wanted to do that.

Secondly, HydrogensaysHDT owns the rights to HDT-PE as well as to HDT-SMP-SE and HDT-HH. So while anything is possible, unless he changes his mind OR gives permission for someone else to continue development, it's not going to happen. Our only hope is if someone *cough*realclone*cough* can convince "Sister Hydrogen" to reconsider.

10 hours ago, tryguy said:

So, I've seen mentioned in the thread there's a UUNP option, dragging the presets from the old BodySlide and using that in the new BodySlide. Would that give me reduced-but-more-compatible sliders? What body are people generally using?

You can copy the UUNP stuff from Oldrim into your SSE Bodyslide installation and they will work fine. After you copy them over, you should run NifOptimizer on the ShapeData folder to convert the meshes in there to SSE. You won't just have "reduced but more compatible" sliders, it will give you ALL OF the UUNP sliders- they are part and parcel of the UUNP body.

It's not possible for any of us here to know what body "people are generally using" because nobody has conducted any statistically-valid survey to find out. Why does it matter? Use the body you like the best, despite efforts by the authors of one particular body to convince people that UUNP no longer works in Bodyslide.

Personally, I use UUNP and have no plans to switch- I have thousands of armor/clothing items that I have hand-made SliderSets for to convert them from "whatever" (including Oblivion outfits) to SSE-UUNP and there is no way I'm going to go through that again. Plus, I actually like the UUNP body shapes better than the CBBE shapes. CBBE is a higher-poly body, so if you believe that you can visually detect any difference between hi-poly CBBE and UUNP with Leyenda Skins 4k textures, then by all means go with CBBE and bask in the radiance of all those polys. :classic_tongue:

6 hours ago, Vyxenne said:

HDT-PE depends on Havok physics. Havok was sold to Intel, and we (we=modder community) could still develop physics based on Havok. But then Intel sold it to Microsoft and they removed any permission for anyone to do anything with Havok- typical Microsoft. So no further development is possible with HDT-PE even by hydrogensayshdt even if he wanted to do that.

Secondly, HydrogensaysHDT owns the rights to HDT-PE as well as to HDT-SMP-SE and HDT-HH. So while anything is possible, unless he changes his mind OR gives permission for someone else to continue development, it's not going to happen. Our only hope is if someone *cough*realclone*cough* can convince "Sister Hydrogen" to reconsider.

Damn. Thanks for the background information.

i get the basics working i am using hdt special unp body and sos but i havent managed to get a decent collison .Penis have partial collison with vagina but vagina doesnt open up fully in some animations .i have downloaded sos se edition full , i heard the floppy sos causes that problem , thou i did not install the floppy sos , sos se seems to have balls movement already.

also i haven't able to find female strapon collison anywhere

i have searched so long to get this right , i feel like my head is going to explode.

Any help is appreciated

I hope I don't appear completely idiotic here, I'm basically just a lurker on this site for this one thread. 

It really pains me to see SMP possibly losing its future.

I frequent r/skyrimmods on Reddit as well as here, and over the past months its been pretty incredible to see what these two communities can accomplish. 

One thing that was very interesting to me was that someone over on that subreddit posted a "bounty" for a mod they wanted. The community responded with more and more like minded users and the bounty grew to a decent amount of money. This bounty was then fulfilled and the author received that money. 

Do any of you believe this could influence anyone to help this situation? I have little doubt that hydrogen is one of few capable of creating a mod like this, but rather due to interest in it and not just skill and knowledge alone. 

To put it simply, this is a pretty huge feature that a lot of people seem to want. Is there some way that between all of the active skyrim communities we could set up, through whatever means, a way of pooling a donation amount that would be given to the author on completion or something? I don't know if that exists as a service or could be run through a site to be secure or whatever, but it seems like a massive amount of people would be willing to chip in to have this continue development. 

It could potentially reach a very large sum of money that could catch the eye of some skilled individual not necessarily only interested in skyrim as we are. 

On 8/17/2018 at 12:37 AM, elzee said:

I have bad news here.

hydrogensayshdt, the author of hdt SMP, PE, HH, has lost interest in TESV. She don't want to touch Skyrim LE and SE anymore.

So SMP, PE, HH will no longer update. at least in the near future I guess.

As SMP is still unstable and has some major bugs (like makes Lurker T pose and CTD and conflict wtih mods handling menumode), I hope someone can continue hydrogensayshdt's work. 

I am at the 9DM site now, where HDT-SMP files are, and I see nothing about stopping work there or in the comments section. So where is your Information from?.

11 minutes ago, Vortec said:

I am at the 9DM site now, where HDT-SMP files are, and I see nothing about stopping work there or in the comments section. So where is your Information from?.

Well, if I had to guess, it's still in the "I've lost interest in this thing, and I probably won't put any more time into it" phase. So, there wouldn't be an announcement until he decides what he really wants to do. Or, that's what I would do if I had a project everyone was looking forward to and lost interest. Better to be sure first, before announcing you're moving on and upsetting people.

9 hours ago, tiltfox said:

One thing that was very interesting to me was that someone over on that subreddit posted a "bounty" for a mod they wanted. The community responded with more and more like minded users and the bounty grew to a decent amount of money. This bounty was then fulfilled and the author received that money. 

The thing with bounties is that they do not encourage on-going support. There was a bounty for one of the lock-on mods and it hasn't had a single update since it's initial port and still remains kinda broken. 

There is something I don't understand. I constantly see people wailing and gnashing their teeth that "HDT-SMP is dead" because it may not get any more updates but... why is that a problem? Even if it never gets updated ever again, that doesn't mean it magically stops working. Sure, from what I've heard the bugs/problems aren't exactly 'small' but people use HDT-SMP in it's current state despite that.

Am I missing something here? Are people worried that one day it simply won't work due to something being updated, and the creator won't fix it or...? Because quite frankly, it baffles me. HDT-SMP is still HDT-SMP, and will function as it always has whether it's 'dead' or not. Or not - I imagine I'm just ignorant and am missing a big piece of the puzzle as to why people are freaking out.

Honestly, I would expect such a reaction if HDT-SMP was somehow rendered completely non-functional or removed entirely from the internet not... this.