I agree that SKSE64 would make SE crash more, but I'll not kid myself believing it'll ever be slightly like Oldrim. It will not. Really.

That whole no SKSE thing showed me how many mods that had SKSE dependencies were really essencial, answer is very few. Unfotunatly they were core in some aspects.

If we ever have SKSE64, it'll a complete different experience for me compared to Oldrim.

• 2 months later...

SKSE64 has the SAME functionality as SKSE 1.7.3

Its an Alpha now, because it need Tests to find any Bugs. HDT must now be compiled to 64 Bit .. and i hope we get it :)

Yes, I'm waiting for it too. Hopefully the author or someone authorized brings it over soon!

Its an Alpha now, because it need Tests to find any Bugs. HDT must now be compiled to 64 Bit .. and i hope we get it :)

Taking a look at the source you easily realize it's not as easy as just recompiling. HDT uses, like SKSE, a lot of 'magic addresses' to hook into skyrim. HDT as a project is quite impressive, but going through the source it is quite easily not built for maintainability. (if you'd like some /r/programminghorror stuff, check the HookArmor header and cpp files...)

These addresses are quite simply not referring to the same functions and structures in Skyrim SE 64-bit executable as they were in Skyrim 32-bit - even if the source code for the game had been the same, things would've likely moved to fit alignment as well as pointers being twice as large. If I understand the issue with developing SKSE correctly, the main chunk of development-time in these are finding which addresses are doing what by carefully observing the executable through some sort of debugger - like, at what address lies the update-method for this particular game-state class, and what offset is used for this member variable.

That being said, it has been done, and can be done again. But it's not as easily as just running it through Visual Studio and bam, done!

Taking a look at the source you easily realize it's not as easy as just recompiling. HDT uses, like SKSE, a lot of 'magic addresses' to hook into skyrim. HDT as a project is quite impressive, but going through the source it is quite easily not built for maintainability. (if you'd like some /r/programminghorror stuff, check the HookArmor header and cpp files...)

These addresses are quite simply not referring to the same functions and structures in Skyrim SE 64-bit executable as they were in Skyrim 32-bit - even if the source code for the game had been the same, things would've likely moved to fit alignment as well as pointers being twice as large. If I understand the issue with developing SKSE correctly, the main chunk of development-time in these are finding which addresses are doing what by carefully observing the executable through some sort of debugger - like, at what address lies the update-method for this particular game-state class, and what offset is used for this member variable.

That being said, it has been done, and can be done again. But it's not as easily as just running it through Visual Studio and bam, done!

Exactly, they'll have to be test over and over again one file at a time to one line making sure each call works properly. It'll have to be compiled from scratch and whether we like it or not. Either Hydro or someone else with the skill set will have to do it. Whether that happens is a whole different story. 

I have both Oldrim and Newrim.   Currently I have 95 mods installed for SSE, with 85 of them active (pending the Beyond Skyrim: Bruma install and mods associated with it)  I have never seen a crash with SSE except when I had the Oldrim imported Shiva body trying to sex it up with Flower Girls SE x, but installing the new CBBE body fixed it and no further crashes since then) 

And visually, even with it's base game, Skyrim SE is much more visually beautiful than Oldrim.  The difference is very noticeable to put it mildly.  

I have no doubt that once SKSE64 reaches it's full potential and mods are developed for it  SSE will be a far more stable game than Oldrim ever was.   The moment that all of Oldrim Sexlab and associated mods especially all the Devious Device stuff is imported into SSE, I'm leaving for Newrim full time. 

I'm perfectly willing to wait for all that to happen.  The possibilities with the far more stable SSE is just too great to ignore..it's gorgeous and very playable even at this stage. 

And I'm of the opinion that Skyrim SE is visually the most beautiful of all Bethseda's game right now exceeding even Fallout 4. 

My two cents. 

I have 154 hours in Skyrim and I've never seen a fight with a dragon, or even made it past the starting area (riverwood, whiterun) besides with coc cell changes to teleport around. I kind of want to try the game for an actual change and modding SE would be great but the lack of HDT, animated pussy, reliable sex mods is what is keeping me from changing over. What mods are you using Celedhring that you have such a stable experience? That is why I want to move away from Skyrim those 154 hours are probably 400+ hours of crashing and weird things happening requiring me to try adding "just one more mod" or changing "one more setting" or the game crashing again! It is such a buggy unstable thing I can't get enough of because it has the most realistic looking characters to play around with.

I think the main reason SE is so stable is just the fact that it doesn't have the resource constraints that Oldrim does.  I have played SE for over 1000 hours so far and aside from initial mod testing I have seen zero crashes.  This is with over 100GB of mods installed.

If I crash even once when I add a new mod I remove it.  The mods I've had the most issues with are sound overhauls.  All of the sound overhauls I've tried except Lucidity Sound FX and SSE High Quality Music caused random crashes for me.

I think the main reason SE is so stable is just the fact that it doesn't have the resource constraints that Oldrim does. I have played SE for over 1000 hours so far and aside from initial mod testing I have seen zero crashes. This is with over 100GB of mods installed.

If I crash even once when I add a new mod I remove it. The mods I've had the most issues with are sound overhauls. All of the sound overhauls I've tried except Lucidity Sound FX and SSE High Quality Music caused random crashes for me.

It is because there are not thousands of bad written plugins esp/dll installed.

I guess I shouldn't post this, let the shitstorm begin!! :D

I have 154 hours in Skyrim and I've never seen a fight with a dragon, or even made it past the starting area (riverwood, whiterun) besides with coc cell changes to teleport around. I kind of want to try the game for an actual change and modding SE would be great but the lack of HDT, animated pussy, reliable sex mods is what is keeping me from changing over. What mods are you using Celedhring that you have such a stable experience? That is why I want to move away from Skyrim those 154 hours are probably 400+ hours of crashing and weird things happening requiring me to try adding "just one more mod" or changing "one more setting" or the game crashing again! It is such a buggy unstable thing I can't get enough of because it has the most realistic looking characters to play around with.

Honestly, you will not have this experience with SSE and is the main reason I can not go back to playing Oldrim. SSE is stable as a rock.

As the author, I am going to plug my own mod.. but FlowerGirls SE will give you a very active and stable sex life.

Character appearance is also identical to Oldrim, well with now we have a much higher poly CBBE in SSE which blows any body from oldrim out of the water. Racemenu is not here yet, but with some fiddling around you can transport your character head created in oldrim into SSE.

I know this isn't the place to ask but out of curiosity how important is this subsurface scattering I hear a lot of people cry SE does not have? I mean I guess I can see a graphical downgrade going from Oldrim ENB to Skyrim SE, and I guess skin looks kinda flat but is the difference really big?

Honestly, you will not have this experience with SSE and is the main reason I can not go back to playing Oldrim. SSE is stable as a rock.

False, as increased mods and the SKSE beta have shown. It is far far more stable than 32, it is not invincible as Whiterun and Falkreath have shown, and pretty much every sound replacement made for 64 crashes as much or more as any global sound replacement made for 32, that is to say, virtually all the time.

As the author, I am going to plug my own mod.. but FlowerGirls SE will give you a very active and stable sex life.

SLL has already rendered a great deal of your mod obsolete but by all means market away, alternatives are always good.

Character appearance is also identical to Oldrim, well with now we have a much higher poly CBBE in SSE which blows any body from oldrim out of the water. Racemenu is not here yet, but with some fiddling around you can transport your character head created in oldrim into SSE

Every DAZ body ported for 32 has a higher poly and vertex count than CBBE64, and there are replacements for CBBEHDT and UUNPS that have from between equal to CBBE64 to double, and even a multipart body using the xpmse skeleton that has 64K per body part x 5, so also wrong.

As for lighting and mood, 64 will never look as good as 32, period, unless someone decides to do some rendering injection, and no one is volunteering, not McFly, not Vorontsov and not Tamburini.

This is lighting and shadows generated from 2 ambient and 7 local sources, including two sources bouncing light off of a water source and 100% does not and cannot exist in 64 thanks to precompiled shaders.

So it sure is much more stable, and that's literally it.

False, as increased mods and the SKSE beta have shown. It is far far more stable than 32, it is not invincible as Whiterun and Falkreath have shown, and pretty much every sound replacement made for 64 crashes as much or more as any global sound replacement made for 32, that is to say, virtually all the time.

SLL has already rendered a great deal of your mod obsolete but by all means market away, alternatives are always good.

Character appearance is also identical to Oldrim, well with now we have a much higher poly CBBE in SSE which blows any body from oldrim out of the water. Racemenu is not here yet, but with some fiddling around you can transport your character head created in oldrim into SSE

Every DAZ body ported for 32 has a higher poly and vertex count than CBBE64, and there are replacements for CBBEHDT and UUNPS that have from between equal to CBBE64 to double, and even a multipart body using the xpmse skeleton that has 64K per body part x 5, so also wrong.

As for lighting and mood, 64 will never look as good as 32, period, unless someone decides to some rendering injection, and no one is volunteering, not McFly, not Vorontsov and not Tamburini.

This is lighting and shadows generated from 2 ambient and 7 locals sources, including two sources bouncing light off of a water source and 100% does not and cannot exist in 64 thanks to precompiled shaders.

Wow what a toxic post. I disagree on all points but OK your entitled to your angry little opinion. Furthermore what exactly have YOU done for free for this community? Thought not...  real nice individual you are.

Also, considering FG is consistantly at around 50,000 downloads per month with a life time unique downloads of 90,000 I would say it is pretty far from redundant wouldn't you. SLL Has 12,000 total downloads of how many are unique I don't know.

The only point that I somewhat agree on is about the sound overhauls.  I haven't tried AOS yet but for me at least, all of the sound overhauls except Lucidity cause random crashes.  Music mods also cause crashes if there are any conflicts (for instance combat music conflicts with Bruma or Beyond Reach).  Once I figured that out though my game literally never crashes and I have 115GB of mods installed and over 1000 hours played in SE.  There is simply no comparison to the crashfest that is Oldrim.

• 2 weeks later...

Actually Hydro is the op of 3dm Modding and I just grabbed the new HDT SMP from Baidu, which was released in July 2017. Sadly I cannot share it since I am not Hydro.

Did you try the SMP with Skyrim SE? I downloaded it for myself, but have not dared to destroy my game with trying it!

Did any of it actually do something?  Thanks!

Actually Hydro is the op of 3dm Modding and I just grabbed the new HDT SMP from Baidu, which was released in July 2017. Sadly I cannot share it since I am not Hydro.

Did you try the SMP with Skyrim SE? I downloaded it for myself, but have not dared to destroy my game with trying it!

Did any of it actually do something?  Thanks!

The only way anyone is going to use SMP with SSE is if Hydro converts the dll files to 64bit. Otherwise, they will not load. 

• 2 weeks later...

Little late for that link, but thanks for posting for anyone who looks at this thread. 

By the way I tried snowman. I am fairly certain it cannot recover say function/ variable/ class name or the file structure pre compile. It just return codes that is purely low level straight from Instruction.

As for lighting and mood, 64 will never look as good as 32, period, unless someone decides to some rendering injection, and no one is volunteering, not McFly, not Vorontsov and not Tamburini.

This is lighting and shadows generated from 2 ambient and 7 locals sources, including two sources bouncing light off of a water source and 100% does not and cannot exist in 64 thanks to precompiled shaders.

Wow what a toxic post. I disagree on all points but OK your entitled to your angry little opinion. Furthermore what exactly have YOU done for free for this community? Thought not... real nice individual you are.

Also, considering FG is consistantly at around 50,000 downloads per month with a life time unique downloads of 90,000 I would say it is pretty far from redundant wouldn't you. SLL Has 12,000 total downloads of how many are unique I don't know.

Precompiled shaders are not a opinion, they are fact.

Higher poly count is also a fact.

I don't understand why everybody feels attacked on 27x's posts, he's only listing facts neutral.

I guess many people in this forum are not ready for neutral discussions..i don't see any point that is toxic in this post except what xiderpunk wrote in his anger

I don't understand why everybody feels attacked on 27x's posts, he's only listing facts neutral.

I guess many people in this forum are not ready for neutral discussions..i don't see any point that is toxic in this post except what xiderpunk wrote in his anger

He wants to get a rise out of people and succeeds in doing so. Additionally, SSE being worth it or not is completely offtopic to this thread. And no, his points aren't all objectively true. And they weren't neutral either. In fact, he passive aggressively insulted Xiderpunk.

1.) Someone is already working with Boris to do some SSE shader work.

2.) Even higher polycount than CBBE SSE doesn't matter in Skyrim, it's literally not visible. The normal map matters way more. Plus, the DAZ bodies are not even done with permission.

So, can the SSE deniers please get out of this subforum/thread, please (or go back to the criticism thread).

Thanks, we're trying to have fun, unlike you.  :dodgy: