8 minutes ago, wibllewobble said:

There might have been something that changed in the last windows update.

I had an issue with BS creating a new preset, I couldn’t save it, it did return an error, I could work around it by manually creating an empty xml file in the directory. Which smacks of permissions issues, but nothing should have changed on the system.

I’m using NMM FWIW so no VFS.

On a different note I have an issue if I enter outfit studio, edit a project then return to bodyslide, the bodyslide preview no longer changes when I select different outfits. Exiting and rendering fixes it.

Does this only happen when you SAVE a project in OS?

4 hours ago, ousnius said:

Does this only happen when you SAVE a project in OS?

No it's not that simple, I just did some messing around and I couldn't repro in SE.

It's possible I have 2 different versions installed the metadata for the one I have installed in Oldrim states 4.4.0.0, and the one I'm using in SE shows as 4.4.

Basically I'm fixing clothing that has what I believe to be bad weights (honestly I couldn't explain exactly how you would get the behavior I'm seeing see below).

What I'm doing is finding the model with BS then opening OS and loading the project.

I then delete the reference mesh, when I do this I can see the body mesh in BS preview disappear as well (note I haven't saved) that to me indicates some sort of ref-count issue.

I add UUNP Special ref mesh, conform all, and copy the weights from the reference.

Whether I  save or not at this point doesn't matter, when I go back to BS and change the outfit I get the same one back .

Perhaps you can explain what I'm seeing in game, you probably have a better understanding how all the bits interact than I do, it doesn't align with my understanding of what should happen.

I've rebuilt all the clothes with a custom preset.

They appear correctly on NPC's but on the player the breast and butt clip through, initially I thought there was insufficient clearance in the models, so I checked and they are fine.

Replacing the reference mesh and copying the weights fixes the issue.

That to me implies that the original reference mesh has different weighting than the one I'm using, but I can't understand why it works on NPC's since they should (and all appear to be) be using the same mesh and weights.

:confused:

Uploaded a new version with options for lighter brows and a fix for Astrid's body. :smile:

CBBE SSE v1.2.2
- Added a lighter option for all three types of brows to the installer.
- Added a body for Astrid to the vanilla outfits that matches the included textures.

Updated the HDT SMP config files as well. Reworked all parameters and trying some performance improvements.

1 hour ago, n1ckn4ckp4ddyw4ck said:

Nice, thank you for the updates.

Is there anyone working on a CBBE Female Argonian texture?

I know there are others out there, but it seems like its the only thing missing from a complete default female replacement by CBBE, it even has that moment with Astrid covered now, and Khajiit are already included.

Apologies if you already knew about this: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/62574

Hello this might be a stupid question and also 51 pages here so I couldn't check all of them and see if somebody already asked. 

Anyway, I tried reading the wiki about Bodyslide and tried to make a UNP Conversion Reference using Blender. But it didn't work, the conversation mesh looks weird. I've probably done something wrong so getting this :frown:

Anyway, so wanted to ask are there any UNP-CBBE Conversation Reference file available? That'd be really great, since so many armor mods are based on UNP, especially SMP Armors. Thank you

I recently had to redownload all my mods after I accidentally click unnninstall everything while trying to fix my installation of MO2; and, after getting everything back, only the bouncie bouncies aren't working. I don't know what did I missed: I have SKSE obviously, I have the HDT from the 9damao forum, the SMP option file from the CBBE mod page and built the special body, but no dice.

32 minutes ago, urielmanx7 said:

I recently had to redownload all my mods after I accidentally click unnninstall everything while trying to fix my installation of MO2; and, after getting everything back, only the bouncie bouncies aren't working. I don't know what did I missed: I have SKSE obviously, I have the HDT from the 9damao forum, the SMP option file from the CBBE mod page and built the special body, but no dice.

You need:

1.) Latest SSE.

2.) Latest SKSE64.

3.) XPMSSE HDT.

4.) CBBE Physics or CBBE Special.

5.) CBBE SMP config files.

6.) Latest HDT SMP, which comes in two DLL files. You need both the framework and the physics one in their latest versions.

11 minutes ago, ousnius said:

You need:

1.) Latest SSE.

2.) Latest SKSE64.

3.) XPMSSE HDT.

4.) CBBE Physics or CBBE Special.

5.) CBBE SMP config files.

6.) Latest HDT SMP, which comes in two DLL files. You need both the framework and the physics one in their latest versions.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention the skeleton too, I do have that, hdt option chosen of course.

I do have the latest SSE, SKSE doesn't let you start unless the versions match. 

But I checked the HDT file, and it only has one dll inside, in: hdtSSEFramework/data/SKSE/Plugins/hdtSSEFramework.dll. The file seems to be the lastest (hdtSSEFramework_1_5_23), and I got it from the same place.

EDIT: I went back at the forum and noted the other hdt file I missed, thanks.

Does anybody have a guide to convert oldrim CBBE boots/hdt heels that also cover a bunch of the legs to the new CBBE?

When I convert based on the new CBBE body, the top of the legs match the new CBBE, but I don't know how to add weights to the heels appropriately. Any guides out there for it?

Example:

Capture.PNG

I have a slight problem: there is a little gap/space near the wrists, how can i avoid/fix this?

How can i apply the bodyslide preset to a specific character only?

Let's say i have 2 chars, and i want the thief to be "skinny", and the warrior to be "chubby".

Also when i create a new character, the latest bodyslide preset gets applied to it. Any way around it, or am i doing something wrong here?

On 1/11/2018 at 7:52 AM, macman507 said:

I have a slight problem: there is a little gap/space near the wrists, how can i avoid/fix this?

How can i apply the bodyslide preset to a specific character only?

Let's say i have 2 chars, and i want the thief to be "skinny", and the warrior to be "chubby".

Also when i create a new character, the latest bodyslide preset gets applied to it. Any way around it, or am i doing something wrong here?

CBBE and Bodyslide create bodies for default females.  The bodies can vary by whatever weight setting the NPC has set for them in the CK, but that is the only difference.  It is possible to create a different body by backing up the default body, then using the CK to create a custom character that points to separate folders for the new mesh and whatever textures you want to use, then move the custom body you just created to those folders, then restore your backed up default body where it belongs.  It is not a simple process and the CK steps involved in a tutorial would require more time than I have to spend.

I suggest you explore custom character mods in the TESVedit.  Look at the records those mods include.  That will tell you what you need to do in the CK (which is quite a bit).

Summary:  There is no optional list of NPCs in Bodyslide that allows you to select specific NPCs and apply bodies to only them.  Bodyslide works with multiple games, so asking Ousnius to do it would be requesting a significant amount of work.  And it would not automatically cause all the game's clothes to match that character's body.  You would need to create special sets of matching clothes, only for that character, in the CK, for any clothes you might want the NPC to wear.  It would be similar to creating a custom character multiplied by the number of outfits you might want that character to wear in the CK – a huge task.  Otherwise, when dressed, the NPC will have the same body as everyone else.

Note:  Looking at your post again, I suspect your actual goal may be to save different bodies only for specific characters you are playing during specific play-throughs.  Again, Bodyslide replaces the default female body and the default female body is used in every play-through, so changing it will affect every play-through.  You could back up your thief body and back up your warrior body and try to remember to swap them out before switching play-throughs, but that would only control nude bodies.  All the clothes would still be fit to one body or the other.  You would need to also back up and swap all the armor/cloth meshes.

Anyone else have an issue with weight paints that doesn't appear to be saving/reloading properly?  I'm still doing research on this since I might be missing something simple or some kind of conflict here, and I do apologize if this has been brought up in this thread already.  Although, I know I've done this before with the old Outfit Studio with no problems.

I might not be using the right terms but let me explain in steps.  The example below happens when I repaint the weight for the butt bones.  The issue actually happens to certain areas of the mesh and it's always the same area.

1) In BodySlide, I build the female body meshes using CBBE Body Physics.

2) In Outfit Studio, I load the female body NIF (doesn't matter if it's _0 or _1 NIF).

3) I repaint the weight for L Butt bone, basically trying to cover more area.  It's sloppy here in the picture because this is just a test.

BSOSweightbefore.thumb.jpg.8175af11eed6409fe2cdf2d802641c77.jpg

4) As a test, I click through other bones in the list to make sure that the newly painted weight stays, and it does.

5) I export the NIF then I reload the NIF back into Outfit Studio to inspect the newly painted L Butt area.  However, it seems to be missing a section.

BSOSweightafter.thumb.jpg.0485d3aafadcf724873381848ea788af.jpg

38 minutes ago, Booceefus said:

Anyone else have an issue with weight paints that doesn't appear to be saving/reloading properly?  I'm still doing research on this since I might be missing something simple or some kind of conflict here, and I do apologize if this has been brought up in this thread already.  Although, I know I've done this before with the old Outfit Studio with no problems.

I might not be using the right terms but let me explain in steps.  The example below happens when I repaint the weight for the butt bones.  The issue actually happens to certain areas of the mesh and it's always the same area.

1) In BodySlide, I build the female body meshes using CBBE Body Physics.

2) In Outfit Studio, I load the female body NIF (doesn't matter if it's _0 or _1 NIF).

3) I repaint the weight for L Butt bone, basically trying to cover more area.  It's sloppy here in the picture because this is just a test.

BSOSweightbefore.thumb.jpg.8175af11eed6409fe2cdf2d802641c77.jpg

4) As a test, I click through other bones in the list to make sure that the newly painted weight stays, and it does.

5) I export the NIF then I reload the NIF back into Outfit Studio to inspect the newly painted L Butt area.  However, it seems to be missing a section.

BSOSweightafter.thumb.jpg.0485d3aafadcf724873381848ea788af.jpg

Bethesda games always had a limit of 4 weights/bones per vertex. This also applied to Oldrim, but the actual file format would still let you store more there in the unoptimized NiSkinData block.

In SSE the weights are dropped from the file too, so as soon as you export a NIF, you will lose all your "weakest" weights that exceed the limit of 4. Basically, there's a reason I only made the butt weights that small and accurate at the top, there's too many spine/pelvis weights there.

2 hours ago, ousnius said:

Bethesda games always had a limit of 4 weights/bones per vertex. This also applied to Oldrim, but the actual file format would still let you store more there in the unoptimized NiSkinData block.

In SSE the weights are dropped from the file too, so as soon as you export a NIF, you will lose all your "weakest" weights that exceed the limit of 4. Basically, there's a reason I only made the butt weights that small and accurate at the top, there's too many spine/pelvis weights there.

Ah-hah...I gotcha.  This helped direct me a bit.  I was able to just re-work the entire paint job on the bone.  I just basically erased and made my own.  This seems to work as long as I don't exceed 4 different strengths in the paint (from what I'm understanding now).  Thank you.

Hey, would like to begin with some praise for the awesome updates to CBBE and BS! The new high poly body is great, the slider toggle feature is neat, and Bodyslide looks and runs better than ever! However, I have a question, and two feature requests.

Question: Should we preferably use the Special Body or the Physics Body here on out when creating outfits (which are skimpy enough for it to matter)? Should we adopt one as default, so to speak?

Relatively Simple Feature Request: Can we get a shortcut for the Load Preset in Outfit Studio? I use it in my workflow to test the extremes (like, a preset where breasts go from all 0 to all 100), but it's slightly annoying that it's only accessible through Slider the drop-down.

More Advanced Feature Request: When loading shapes, could we perhaps make the toggle slider also work when loading presets? Currently if you want to manually include zap sliders in your presets you also have to dig into the osp-files and find the corresponding body zap and add that in your preset. It's a slight annoyance, even though I think it's currently a technically reasonable solution, so I understand if you don't give it the effort. I did however found some code that I believe should add something like this in SliderManager.cpp:

void SliderManager::InitializeSliders(const std::string& presetName) {
	float ps;
	for (int i = 0; i < slidersBig.size(); i++) {
		if (!presetCollection.GetBigPreset(presetName, slidersBig[i].name, ps)) {
			ps = slidersBig[i].defValue;
			slidersBig[i].changed = false;
		}

// ToxicKin added some stupid code:
		for (auto &toggleSlider : slidersBig[i].zapToggles) {
			// Somehow toggle the value here, though as it stands currently, it'll likely be overwritten later.
			for (auto& slider : slidersBig) {
				if (slider.name == toggleSlider) {
					slider.value = 1.0f - slider.value;
					break;
				}
			}
		}

slidersBig[i].value = ps;
	}

Regards,

ToxicKin

2 hours ago, ToxicKin said:

Hey, would like to begin with some praise for the awesome updates to CBBE and BS! The new high poly body is great, the slider toggle feature is neat, and Bodyslide looks and runs better than ever! However, I have a question, and two feature requests.

Question: Should we preferably use the Special Body or the Physics Body here on out when creating outfits (which are skimpy enough for it to matter)? Should we adopt one as default, so to speak?

Relatively Simple Feature Request: Can we get a shortcut for the Load Preset in Outfit Studio? I use it in my workflow to test the extremes (like, a preset where breasts go from all 0 to all 100), but it's slightly annoying that it's only accessible through Slider the drop-down.

More Advanced Feature Request: When loading shapes, could we perhaps make the toggle slider also work when loading presets? Currently if you want to manually include zap sliders in your presets you also have to dig into the osp-files and find the corresponding body zap and add that in your preset. It's a slight annoyance, even though I think it's currently a technically reasonable solution, so I understand if you don't give it the effort. I did however found some code that I believe should add something like this in SliderManager.cpp:

void SliderManager::InitializeSliders(const std::string& presetName) {
	float ps;
	for (int i = 0; i < slidersBig.size(); i++) {
		if (!presetCollection.GetBigPreset(presetName, slidersBig[i].name, ps)) {
			ps = slidersBig[i].defValue;
			slidersBig[i].changed = false;
		}

// ToxicKin added some stupid code:
		for (auto &toggleSlider : slidersBig[i].zapToggles) {
			// Somehow toggle the value here, though as it stands currently, it'll likely be overwritten later.
			for (auto& slider : slidersBig) {
				if (slider.name == toggleSlider) {
					slider.value = 1.0f - slider.value;
					break;
				}
			}
		}

slidersBig[i].value = ps;
	}

Regards,

ToxicKin

Do you think you could add these to the GitHub? Otherwise I'll just forget.

For the shortcut, you can temporarily add it yourself to any menu item in the OutfitStudio.xrc file (check other menu items).

18 hours ago, ousnius said:

Do you think you could add these to the GitHub? Otherwise I'll just forget.

For the shortcut, you can temporarily add it yourself to any menu item in the OutfitStudio.xrc file (check other menu items).

I posted it as an issue, can't do a proper pull request as I can't compile and test it - I screwed up the installation despite the nice Compilation Instructions and haven't bothered since :tongue:

Oh, and the .xrc-file was nice, haven't really worked with WX so I didn't know it had such a dynamic setup :smile:

• 2 weeks later...

Ousnious,

For the old CBBE I always used the MAK07 slider because I liked what it did to the lower body.  The closest I've been able to find in the new CBBE is Shape Lower, but it is not quite the same.  It has the hip lowering effect and it widens at the base, but the widening tends to happen far more for the front hip bones than for the rear derriere, which is different from MAK07 which widened the lower hips at front and back.

Do you know of a combination of sliders that might get me closer to the original MAK07?  The thighs and legs chubby sliders help a lot below the hips, but I haven't been able to figure out how to make the backside look the same.

Edit:  Never mind.  I think I got it.  Hip size -80, butt shape lower +80, then add butt chubby. 

53 minutes ago, ThrowIt said:

Hi,

I've tried to look for bodies compatible with CBBE Special and found only Leyenda, are there any body textures that work with Special? Unless there is an easy way to copy labia textures from one file to another.

The resource files on the CBBE SSE mod page include the layers for the labia.