Is Caliente familiar with DAZ Studio? They have a base model which can be male or female depending on how the sliders are manipulated. This would be a great option because all future clothing etc. could be applied male or female, and it would allow a smaller footprint in used resources. SOS could take care of the need for a dong when playing as a male. For all the players who enjoy mods that allow them to switch sex, it also simplifies things.

The game engine does not allow that.

Bodies of males and females are different files.

No way to have a "slider" for the gender.

I'm aware of that, of course. ;) I do not play as a male, but I *think* I remember that they had the same breakdown in parts, but named differently. The most direct application of my suggestion would simply be to drop the same parts in the appropriate folders with the correct name for each. It would still allow for a great reduction in resources as peripherals such as clothing could then be the same but zap-able. 

I may be way off base. My strength lies in human form as I've been a 2D artist for thirty years and have created many medical and artist references - however I have only basic 3D modeling experience and obsolete coding knowledge.

The way male meshes work in Skyrim, having one for both isn't really viable.

You would have to change the UV, textures and more. At that point you can just create a separate proper male body mod.

Also the sliders would be bloated for people that aren't interested in the other half.

The way male meshes work in Skyrim, having one for both isn't really viable.

You would have to change the UV, textures and more. At that point you can just create a separate proper male body mod.

Also the sliders would be bloated for people that aren't interested in the other half.

*Ding* - That was my brain finally remembering the limitation you described. Drat, but you're right. Makes me wonder how DAZ pulls it off.

Thanks for the clarity. I will just cross my fingers that the new meshes will allow me to essentially flatten the breasts to the chest wall. Both of my previous wives were between 80 and 100 lbs. Small hips and barely-breasts. My personal taste (uncommon, I know).

Cheers. :)

@Domdate - Its been a while since I used Daz, and I'm not sure what has exactly changed in terms of quality...but..

Even the base Genesis models of both male and female are insanely high poly counts (And i'm talking the "free" models given with the software).  They are easily 40k polys lol.  Victoria 4 which i used for quite a number of years is like 90k polys :D

I've actually successfully exported the models to 3ds max, and it actually lags the heck out of 3ds max because of the high poly count.  Why does this matter?  The more polygons you have to work with, the smoother the mesh shapes.  

If it wasn't for Skyrim's limitations I would be going crazy with the msmooth command :D (sort of joking @_@)

I used mostly UNPB BBP Body with hd physiks from MrTroubleMaker in the old Skyrim and was allways happy with it, but i only see this thread doing some work for the new skyrim for now.

But as far as i understand, the UUNP Bodyslide has an option with just normal UNPB in it, right? And normaly all the unpb armors can fit the uunp body? (in the old skyrim)

So can old armor mods just be slamed into the new skyrim? or did the need to be edited and reworked?

I used mostly UNPB BBP Body with hd physiks from MrTroubleMaker in the old Skyrim and was allways happy with it, but i only see this thread doing some work for the new skyrim for now.

But as far as i understand, the UUNP Bodyslide has an option with just normal UNPB in it, right? And normaly all the unpb armors can fit the uunp body? (in the old skyrim)

So can old armor mods just be slamed into the new skyrim? or did the need to be edited and reworked?

You can already install UNP/UNPB and outfits into the new game and it'll work just fine. This is just for new and coming bodies or new outfits being created.

They need to be without BBP/TBBP/HDT though, or they'll crash the game until XPMSE is released.

You can already install UNP/UNPB and outfits into the new game and it'll work just fine. This is just for new and coming bodies or new outfits being created.

They need to be without BBP/TBBP/HDT though, or they'll crash the game until XPMSE is released.

The version of XPMSE inside the installation folder "07 XPMSE3" works with SSE.

Wow, thank you for the quick answer! So i should use normal unp and armor mods until the jiggly stuff can be added in :D

Thank you again, that info somehow missed me. Also thanks for the work on the new edition :)

Is it possible to get the new CBBE mesh (maybe with boneweights) as *.fbx or *.max?

OBJ and FBX, yes. We did that for FO4.

So will the both new bodies be using new UV layouts or will they be same?  I assume the CBBE will probably be completely different.

Everything about CBBE will be different except for the UV layout.

Is it possible to get the new CBBE mesh (maybe with boneweights) as *.fbx or *.max?

So will the both new bodies be using new UV layouts or will they be same?  I assume the CBBE will probably be completely different.

Everything about CBBE will be different except for the UV layout.

So the way is the old one:

import obj in max/blender -> make mesh -> export mesh.obj -> import in OS -> Profit...

Moin

Oli

nice to see unp and cbbe gets moved over :D 
ehhh what about CITRUS? 
thats the best body around by miles IMO. little to no limits with that body.

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/49195-citrus/
http://www.loverslab.com/files/file/2107-citrus/

its a much higher detail base than all the others was back then (been out of it for a bit so IDK if there is any better now) 
its is unp based and can morph and mimic any shape pretty much. i know the dev used ages to import and get the morphs just right so it could look like any body without issues.
maybe we can see @blabba return at one point aswell. 

maybe im just a fan of that body. but it seems like noone knows about it or something :(

Ok,  nice. 

I made a comparison image of the CBBE versions (Skyrim CBBE left and FO4/Skyrim Special Editon right):

attachicon.gifcbbe_comparison_uhd.jpg

That comparison of CBBE on the left is the curvy preset, though, not the ugly base shape.

That comparison of CBBE on the left is the curvy preset, though, not the ugly base shape.

Its the baseshape from bodyslide without any presets. 

The "ShapeData\CalienteBody\CalienteBody.nif" file?

That's the only one in the base shape.