How about FPS with HDT mods? Many vertice cause FPS down.

And newer HDT-SMP plugin will more pressure to cpu.

And it testing with HDT boneweight?

Oldrim has HDT bikini tops with a comparable vert counts (excluding the body) to the new CBBE body. Which funny enough is close to the count you get from applying a mesh smoothing in max to a quadrifid CBBE body.  For those that want a more specific example check out Goma's simple bikini mod the strings of the top have a vert count of 8069 then add in another 2790 for the actual covering portion. Ironic isn't it that the strings have a higher vert count lol. So long story shot the 19k for the full body isn't bad at all. About time the body verts were more comparable to most mod clothing I say lol. 

First of all there's no HDT or similar for SSE right now. But there will be no issues because of vertex count. It's not even that many more than before (I mean it's more, but not extraordinarily crazy). There's also no HDT weights, but once that or something similar comes out for SSE, they'll probably be added pretty quickly.

would you assume to weightpaint all of the body this time so everything can be affected by physics?

First of all there's no HDT or similar for SSE right now. But there will be no issues because of vertex count. It's not even that many more than before (I mean it's more, but not extraordinarily crazy). There's also no HDT weights, but once that or something similar comes out for SSE, they'll probably be added pretty quickly.

would you assume to weightpaint all of the body this time so everything can be affected by physics?

It won't affect this at all. I don't get it why questions like this get asked. From my programmer's perspective the amount of work needed to deform the body and calculate the physics is the same as when you take 5 items and drop them at once. So the body even with all those weights will slow the game as much as 5 rolls of cheese or 5 cabbages.  I said this earlier but no one listened.

When a system such as HDT PE comes out for SSE, yes I will make a physics variant of the body.

The default body that will be there on release won't have any physics weights, there still needs to be a mesh that works without having to use XPMSSE.

All amulets, boots and gauntlets of SSE, including DLCs, have been converted to the new CBBE base shape by me now.

30% of the torso outfits have been converted so far. This is all without sliders, as they still need to be finalized before it's worth the time to add them to the projects.

Caliente has fixed a few minors flaws with the weighting of the body, that should be final now.

Alecu has continued work on the underwear as well.

A lot of work has been done today in figuring out what exactly we are going to do and how we're going to do it.

January will be busy for sure!

Next up is finalizing sliders and taking a look at the UNP UV sliders again, if they work out well.

Then adding all those sliders to outfits.

All amulets, boots and gauntlets of SSE, including DLCs, have been converted to the new CBBE base shape by me now.

30% of the torso outfits have been converted so far. This is all without sliders, as they still need to be finalized before it's worth the time to add them to the projects.

Caliente has fixed a few minors flaws with the weighting of the body, that should be final now.

Alecu has continued work on the underwear as well.

A lot of work has been done today in figuring out what exactly we are going to do and how we're going to do it.

January will be busy for sure!

Next up is finalizing sliders and taking a look at the UNP UV sliders again, if they work out well.

Then adding all those sliders to outfits.

Please know that I and  I am sure everyone else, does appreciate you and your work on this, as well as all your team/contributors.  I find it funny, I played Skyrim Se  once through, and then stopped.  It's a great game and very beautiful and engaging.  But it's just not the Skyrim I know and love without, the body replacers and sex framework.

Press on!

Looks better than the FO4 abs slider. Hopefully the butt muscle slider does toned cheeks too.

I'm not too happy with the butt and legs sliders for muscles that I have yet, but they're very hard to do properly.

Also on another note, keep in mind that these abs won't be visible in-game AT ALL, because Skyrim uses model space normal maps.

For that reason, we need our normal map generator figured out and built into BodySlide.

Looks better than the FO4 abs slider. Hopefully the butt muscle slider does toned cheeks too.

I'm not too happy with the butt and legs sliders for muscles that I have yet, but they're very hard to do properly.

Also on another note, keep in mind that these abs won't be visible in-game AT ALL, because Skyrim uses model space normal maps.

For that reason, we need our normal map generator figured out and built into BodySlide.

Or we could just have our characters insist that we totally have amazing abs in there somewhere like in real life!

So if I'm understanding correctly, the new Bodyslide/SSE uses new nif formats? And it seems there will be changes to UUNP base models as well, shape-wise? I'm just trying to understand so that I know what will be involved if I ever decide to update my mod to work with SSE/new Bodyslide. After all the work put into using the standard Bodyslide version for Oldrim, I'm a bit wary of essentially having to re-do all of it all over again from scratch for SSE. Is that more or less what would have to happen? I'm not criticizing I'm just trying to be sure I'm getting this right. I'm probably going to wait for SKSE and by extension, XPMSE, HDT, high heels and whatnot before I do any of this. So I assume that means things will change when that happens, as well.

I've also had a few people ask me about console ports. I'm assuming Bodyslide and other third-party programs would not work on XB1, correct? I don't own a current gen console so I have no way of really knowing. I only know that PS4 cannot accept non-vanilla assets while XB1 can, but I don't know how that pertains to something like Bodyslide which works entirely separate from Skyrim. I want to say Bodyslide is a no, but I thought I would ask anyway.

Thanks for your continuous work on this. :)

Edit: I just read the description a bit on Bodyslide on the SSE section of Nexus, it seems you're not planning on porting over UUNP at all, and making CBBE the standard body? I'm assuming that'd then mean no sliders for all the UUNP presets (UNP, UNPB, 7B etc etc)? Just the standard sliders that were present in the previous Bodyslide plus some new ones?

In a way I'd find that a lot more appealing, but I must admit CBBE wasn't my favourite overall body shape (nothing against you or Caliente of course, it is just preference). But having only one standard body would be so much easier honestly. Making high quality bodyslide files for UUNP is so incredibly time consuming with all the different UUNP body types (especially when I hadn't even heard of half of them prior to learning about UUNP lol).

Not to assume I know what I'm talking about, but, look at the butt slider(s) Jane Bod came with. Now that thing could do butt. Why not just use similar morph methods?

So if I'm understanding correctly, the new Bodyslide/SSE uses new nif formats? And it seems there will be changes to UUNP base models as well, shape-wise? I'm just trying to understand so that I know what will be involved if I ever decide to update my mod to work with SSE/new Bodyslide. After all the work put into using the standard Bodyslide version for Oldrim, I'm a bit wary of essentially having to re-do all of it all over again from scratch for SSE. Is that more or less what would have to happen? I'm not criticizing I'm just trying to be sure I'm getting this right. I'm probably going to wait for SKSE and by extension, XPMSE, HDT, high heels and whatnot before I do any of this. So I assume that means things will change when that happens, as well.

I've also had a few people ask me about console ports. I'm assuming Bodyslide and other third-party programs would not work on XB1, correct? I don't own a current gen console so I have no way of really knowing. I only know that PS4 cannot accept non-vanilla assets while XB1 can, but I don't know how that pertains to something like Bodyslide which works entirely separate from Skyrim. I want to say Bodyslide is a no, but I thought I would ask anyway.

Thanks for your continuous work on this. :)

Edit: I just read the description a bit on Bodyslide on the SSE section of Nexus, it seems you're not planning on porting over UUNP at all, and making CBBE the standard body? I'm assuming that'd then mean no sliders for all the UUNP presets (UNP, UNPB, 7B etc etc)? Just the standard sliders that were present in the previous Bodyslide plus some new ones?

In a way I'd find that a lot more appealing, but I must admit CBBE wasn't my favourite overall body shape (nothing against you or Caliente of course, it is just preference). But having only one standard body would be so much easier honestly. Making high quality bodyslide files for UUNP is so incredibly time consuming with all the different UUNP body types (especially when I hadn't even heard of half of them prior to learning about UUNP lol).

Yes, it uses the new NIF formats, and we won't port it back to the old Skyrim.

This is more like the FO4 and less like the Skyrim one, since sliders from there have been added. There's also sliders like "7B Upper" and "7B Lower" for the entire torso (and boob) part of 7B as well as the pelvis (butt, hips, legs) one.

The base shape is changing to a more neutral and smaller one, which is easier to make outfits for and "more appealing to the general public" than the huge monster base shape we had before. You can still use sliders, obviously. This means you have to convert outfits from "SK CBBE to SSE CBBE" (UUNP shares the same shape) using a conversion reference in Outfit Studio, then load the real reference and conform all of the sliders the new CBBE will have.

Yes, PS4 doesn't allow for any external assets. Yes, XB1 does, but nudity is not allowed and a Windows program such as BodySlide can neither be uploaded to it, nor can it be run or used in any way on consoles. If there's ever a CBBE port for consoles, it would be a SFW and trimmed down one, maybe the old CBBE.

I've indeed currently stopped playing around with the idea of bringing UUNP over to SSE officially. You can still use the old one in SSE by manually installing it to your SSE BodySlide, if you like to. It has so many sliders and is also starting to lack in detail, and I have no interest in working on or having two body types that fight with each other. I'm really happy with the new CBBE myself, it's nothing like the old CBBE, especially once the normal generator is built into BodySlide, and it also has a few more sliders.

If we get the "UNP UV sliders" working nicely for the SSE CBBE, you could even use UNP textures with it after checking the box in BodySlide. However we don't know if this will make it, as fixing seams and more is a huge problem here.

But I know, no matter how good the new CBBE is and even if it could technically replace UUNP completely, there will always be someone who disagrees, which is why I haven't publicly said too much about that so far. I've updated the OP now.

Yes, it uses the new NIF formats, and we won't port it back to the old Skyrim.

This is more like the FO4 and less like the Skyrim one, since sliders from there have been added. There's also sliders like "7B Upper" and "7B Lower" for the entire torso (and boob) part of 7B as well as the pelvis (butt, hips, legs) one.

The base shape is changing to a more neutral and smaller one, which is easier to make outfits for and "more appealing to the general public" than the huge monster base shape we had before. You can still use sliders, obviously. This means you have to convert outfits from "SK CBBE to SSE CBBE" (UUNP shares the same shape) using a conversion reference in Outfit Studio, then load the real reference and conform all of the sliders the new CBBE will have.

Yes, PS4 doesn't allow for any external assets. Yes, XB1 does, but nudity is not allowed and a Windows program such as BodySlide can neither be uploaded to it, nor can it be run or used in any way on consoles. If there's ever a CBBE port for consoles, it would be a SFW and trimmed down one, maybe the old CBBE.

I've indeed currently stopped playing around with the idea of bringing UUNP over to SSE officially. You can still use the old one in SSE by manually installing it to your SSE BodySlide, if you like to. It has so many sliders and is also starting to lack in detail, and I have no interest in working on or having two body types that fight with each other. I'm really happy with the new CBBE myself, it's nothing like the old CBBE, especially once the normal generator is built into BodySlide, and it also has a few more sliders.

If we get the "UNP UV sliders" working nicely for the SSE CBBE, you could even use UNP textures with it after checking the box in BodySlide. However we don't know if this will make it, as fixing seams and more is a huge problem here.

But I know, no matter how good the new CBBE is and even if it could technically replace UUNP completely, there will always be someone who disagrees, which is why I haven't publicly said too much about that so far. I've updated the OP now.

Ah okay. Well if CBBE has sliders like what you say (torso/lower half shapes like other bodies), I think it'd be even better than what was available in Bodyslide for old Skyrim. I don't blame you at all for not wanting to mess with porting over UUNP, I myself wasn't a huge fan of just how many sliders it had as it was extremely overwhelming. I'm sure it was convenient for a lot of people who liked that but from a modder perspective it was quite a lot of work. I'm glad that there will be conversion references as well, that will save a bit of time. :) I'll be quite interested to see what new CBBE looks like when it's all finished.

UV sliders also sounds pretty interesting as well. :) I'm glad you're doing what you can to make the jump from UUNP to CBBE as smooth as possible in this scenario.

I have no experience with FO4 or modding for it since I don't own the game, so anything brought over from that is all quite new to me.

Thanks for explaining about the console mods as well. I honestly wasn't sure where to find such information. So I suppose I'll have to pre-build some different bodies or something for guys modding on console. Though that'd still leave the issue of no SKSE as well so they might just be out of luck, I don't know.

Anywho, thanks again for your hard work on this and for taking the time to explain it to me. :) It is much appreciated.

Ah okay. Well if CBBE has sliders like what you say (torso/lower half shapes like other bodies), I think it'd be even better than what was available in Bodyslide for old Skyrim. I don't blame you at all for not wanting to mess with porting over UUNP, I myself wasn't a huge fan of just how many sliders it had as it was extremely overwhelming. I'm sure it was convenient for a lot of people who liked that but from a modder perspective it was quite a lot of work. I'm glad that there will be conversion references as well, that will save a bit of time. :) I'll be quite interested to see what new CBBE looks like when it's all finished.

UV sliders also sounds pretty interesting as well. :) I'm glad you're doing what you can to make the jump from UUNP to CBBE as smooth as possible in this scenario.

I have no experience with FO4 or modding for it since I don't own the game, so anything brought over from that is all quite new to me.

Thanks for explaining about the console mods as well. I honestly wasn't sure where to find such information. So I suppose I'll have to pre-build some different bodies or something for guys modding on console. Though that'd still leave the issue of no SKSE as well so they might just be out of luck, I don't know.

Anywho, thanks again for your hard work on this and for taking the time to explain it to me. :) It is much appreciated.

Ah sorry no, the upper and lower slider is an exception and it exists only for 7B. There are no other full body sliders (except for the vanilla SSE shape). I can't do it or there will be too many sliders again.

Instead of trying to put in a uv slider (which mucks with the uv map on the body (which could get tricky if the body mesh is named differently in a mod).

Just make 2 nif files... one with a CBBE UV map, and one with the UNP UV map. Pack both slider sets in a single osp and have them both point to the same osd file.

So you get

Bodyslide\sliderset\cbbe-unp.osp

Bodyslide\shapedata\cbbe-unp\cbbe.nif and unp.nif and sliders.osd

Have the OSP set the cbbe preset to load the cbbe.nif and the sliders.osd and have the unp preset load the unp.nif and sliders.osd.

Both nif's will end up with the same base shape, vertex count, and work with all the sliders in the osd package.

The only difference is the unp one has unp uv map and the cbbe one has a cbbe uv map.

It would also mean the weight painting per vertex would be identical on both nif's.

For the normal map generation.... are we going to see something like the original textblend tool (oldrim sporty sweaty whatever used it and we included a small version with the uunp to be able to add the labia to the unp textures for uunp special users).

I'm hoping it will be something that can generate 2k, 4k, and possibly 8k textures (future proofing you know in 2018 someone's probably going to have some 8k texture sets out, if they don't already exist)..... Just hoping though.

note I fixed one grammar error but there are probably alot more....