SSE Mods compatibility

Don't know if its been said already. RaceMenu will be updated to SSE but without some of the new features. But that still poses the fact that if there is no SkyUI he would have to completely create an a standalone UI so RaceMenu can run properly. Also some key features probably won't be a thing.

I'll be updating RM for SkyrimSE eventually but looking at some of the changes internally it isn't looking good for some of the current features.

Some things that I know for sure will need to be rewritten partially or entirely are:
Overlays
Sculpting
BodyGen

Overlays simply because they've changed how meshes are loaded, they no longer have NiGeometryData, which is the entirety of how Overlays worked, I cloned the NiTriShape and referenced the existing NiGeometryData, it is now BSTriShape and the NiGeometryData is just discarded completely I don't know if it's even going to be possible to simply reference the existing instance of the geometry. I may need to go another route and use the tint mask system which will remove the glow feature.

Sculpting will need to be rewritten in some areas as the layout for dynamic meshes has changed. The dynamic display of the mesh in the Sculpt tab will need to be mostly rewritten as it was previously using a custom mini engine I wrote to pull data from the game and render a wireframe of the face and all parts, this was all under the assumption of DirectX 9 with no intermediate wrappers, SkyrimSE is now on DX11.

BodyGen is probably going to be broken for awhile, since they don't use the same mesh system it'll be hard to tell if I can cheat like I did with Fallout 4 and just tell the game to convert the mesh to a dynamic mesh and invoke an update after altering the data. The fact that face geometry is now loaded directly as a BSDynamicTriShape implies they don't have the handy conversion function, so this may be a nightmare to decouple the shared geometry, clone it, alter it, re-attach it, then tell the engine to re-render it (The re-rendering is going to be the hardest part).

Not sure how many people cared about this one, but Skyrim 5 Year Anniversary Enhanced Main Menu II is working, as well as Glorious Main Menu Replacer, and they are working in conjunction with Hurdy Gurdy Music Replacer (SSE mod) and PC Master Race Intro Replacer (SSE Mod) with Zero issues.

Also, to the Thread Moderators, sorry if I'm getting annoying. Let me know if so.

Sofia has been ported, but exercise caution.
There are quite a few dialogue and texture bugs that still need to be worked out.
I don't know if that's Mod Creator or Mod User error, but the latter seems more likely as LE version of Sofia + Customizer Redux works just fine.

The dialogue bugs (she stopping mid game her idle and most of quest awareness chatter) SEEM to be relative to the 2.4 version rather than the SSE port itself, as they are being reported in the LE as well (and indeed I had them by using the LE 2.4 on SSE, even before trying the port).

Sofia 2.3 (with the customizer) still works in SSE without apparent issues, and MIGHT solve the dialogue issues until the author investigates the root of the problem with 2.4.

Ah! Hadn't seen that. At time of post, I had already been using 2.4 with no issues, and wasn't aware that the LE version had reported issues as well. Thanks for letting me know! I shall keep an eye out for any issues.

A EULA is a simple contract, the law trump any contract. The copyright law is pretty clear about who owns what. Schlangster and contributors own the right over skyui because they wrote the mod and as long as they don't release that right, you can't do a damn thing. Abandoned or not.

Beside, this is an issue between the mod author and bethesda. Since you are neither, you've got no say in that matter.

FYI: Copyright requires active defense, just like trademarks do.  Otherwise it becomes null.  Couple that with the fact they've released numerous versions with no EULA(which is void in several countries because of various other laws--including "click through"), it means there is zip on it that the author can really do except with explicit versions that have been released in conjunction with it.

The legal talk is more or less irrelevant. Nexus, LL, Reddit and the others function on "the modders come first" principle. (It is even the point number 1 in LL's rules) That means that the mod author is the master of it's creation for all intents and purposes. 

Speaking specifically about SkyUI, the mod author says

"In general, I have nothing against porting it though. If we ever get to the point where someone else took care of all the details and all I have to do is update the .esp, recompile and upload, then I will do so. I just don't really expect anyone to do that."

I take this to mean that he isn't abandoning it and if somebody else does the actual work on updating it he wants to be the one with the final word. 

Just a FYI, might want to note the UID next to my name.  I've got a pretty good grasp of that already, especially since my mods are on sites like Steam and Nexus and hold 500k+ downloads each. 

Specifically speaking on that mod, they've basically said "they have no problems with porting" aka creating a branch and doing their own thing.  They're effectively abandoning their project outside of any updates on the core platform that they've already released on.  They however exepect no body to do such, but if they do they'll "include said branch" for use.  The project itself though, falls flat on it's face in the realms of any protection except specific versions.  Especially since they've released multiple versions with no accompanying text. 

Anyway, I'm done on this, anyone else that wants me to spout legalese at them can PM it, since that way it'll stop cluttering the fuck out of this thread.

Please.

When you report a mod, use the full name of the mod.

Not the name of the esp or an acronym.

I will not update the main post with partial information anymore.

Thank you.

Stronger Flames-Sparks-Frostbite appears to be working without issue. http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/60284/?

Enhanced Gauldur Amulet appears to be working without issue. http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/8485/?

Archmage Necklace appears to be working without issue. http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/10832/?

Skein of Magnus By Disenchanting Archmage Robes appears to be working without issue. http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/30954/?

NobleSkyrimMod HD has been patched to support Special Edition :

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/45807/?

MECR's Classic Nord Shields seems to work fine :

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/12689/?

Unfortunately, whilst it does work without crashes, the Skyrim Monster Mod that I have been testing needs some meshes to be updated.

Some monsters work perfectly, others have the red triangle/Exclamation mark of an Incompatible mesh.

Sofia has been ported, but exercise caution.

There are quite a few dialogue and texture bugs that still need to be worked out.

I don't know if that's Mod Creator or Mod User error, but the latter seems more likely as LE version of Sofia + Customizer Redux works just fine.

The dialogue bugs (she stopping mid game her idle and most of quest awareness chatter) SEEM to be relative to the 2.4 version rather than the SSE port itself, as they are being reported in the LE as well (and indeed I had them by using the LE 2.4 on SSE, even before trying the port).

Sofia 2.3 (with the customizer) still works in SSE without apparent issues, and MIGHT solve the dialogue issues until the author investigates the root of the problem with 2.4.

Ah! Hadn't seen that. At time of post, I had already been using 2.4 with no issues, and wasn't aware that the LE version had reported issues as well. Thanks for letting me know! I shall keep an eye out for any issues.

The author has not answered for a few days now, but some sort of "temporary fix" might have been found. By installing 2.3 and then 2.4 over it, without overwriting anything but the actual .esp, things seems to be working somewhat better. At the very least I can confirm she does speak some of her 2.4 idle chatter, while all the old lines (quest related too) still work as they did in 2.3 without glitching.

I still have to check if the new daedric quest dialogue introduced in 2.4 works as well, though, there might be issues as when you do this, as soon as you load the game she comments on the wabbajack and hermaeus mora quests as if you were doing those, so those quest related scripts might be somewhat borked. But it'd still be better than nothing in the meantime, and everything else has been working fine for now. 

2.4 had been working fine for me on a new game, but it glitched and she stopped talking right after I became thane of Whiterun. A couple other people reported the issue happening around the same time, so it might be worth keeping an eye on this (maybe Lydia related?), although it might be just coincidence.

ApachiiSkyHairFemale doesn't have a esp for me Idk why. Might be my problem.

(Im talking about the SSE version)

I installed v_1_5 today. Works. Load order right after ApachiiSkyHair Full.

The only thing is that NMM renames the mod to something funny but this a NMM bug. Just rename it back to the original.

I use mod organizer but the old skyrim still version works fine.

I tested some mods out yesterday (installed via Wrye Bash, repackaged for a complete install when necessary due to no FOMOD support).

1) SkyUI http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/3863 works partially (no SKSE functions):

5.1 requires to remove the ESP and questmenu.swf after unpacking the BSA (loose files tested only)

2.2 works fully but shows a big message of missing SKSE

IMO at the moment 2.2 is the better/faster SKYUI variant

2) Ponytail Hairstyle http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/31797 fully

The mod also known as AzarHair was working fine (Apache Hairs were the only other hair mod(s) installed)

3) Black Unicorn http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/27372/? fully

The Ningheim Race  working

Race Compatibility    working

Partially working yes. If you attempt to use "showracemenu" after create your character the game will crash (not to mention that custom hairs like SG/KS hairdos doesn't appear in the menu at all). Maybe the solution is to open the esp with CKSE, but I got several issues (freezes and cdt while loading) with that piece of garbage so I don't know :/

Partially working yes. If you attempt to use "showracemenu" after create your character the game will crash (not to mention that custom hairs like SG/KS hairdos doesn't appear in the menu at all). Maybe the solution is to open the esp with CKSE, but I got several issues (freezes and cdt while loading) with that piece of garbage so I don't know :/

Lol EVERY hair mod I installed works, apachi, sg hairs 350 and kshairdos just working fine. They show in racemenu it just laggs One time what you guys don't understand is that every mesh and texture mod just works, also script mods. Also bsa if you unpack.. most esps don't need resave if they just add things like hair.. old cbbe is compatible..EVERYTHING THAT DOESNT REQUIRE SKSE is compatible. mods that use mcm are also compatible . U just can't change settings ingame then..even mods with hkx, like "blowing in the wind" are compatible without hkx conversion. You CAN use racemenu without precache killer. Maybe post that instead of crawling through 14000 mod files checking if they work.. yes they all work..performance loose is like not existent with old big format

Archived