[24-09-21 additional face texture] Anime Race All-In-One 1.2

On 7/31/2020 at 8:49 PM, dewx said:

Extra hairs, eyes, accessories for MMD Anime Race 1.2 ?

There is compatibility with the Hair parts from the Hestia Outfit mod

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/66671/?

On 7/30/2020 at 9:54 AM, dewx said:

Can Anime Race v1.2 be used together as a seperate race along with the old v1.1 version ?

Not sure that is a good idea. They are basically the same thing unless you want the old texture from the old one. You would just only have to replace the body texture folder.

12 hours ago, Thedark455 said:

Sorry for the late reply, but no they are not aligned like the circlet is abit forward than normal

Ehh ,it's a little sad that author of this mod make every head gear and most hair incompatible with this race :/
If I would know how to change it (push head forward ot something like that) it would be great :/

On 7/30/2020 at 6:38 PM, Thedark455 said:

I have a problem and that is my eyes are not centered, how do I make it centered?

ScreenShot8.png

On 7/30/2020 at 7:04 PM, R246 said:

You've not been tinkering with eye look up left/right sliders in RaceMenu's Expressions tab..? Does the issue persist even when you exit RaceMenu? Are you using a eye / head tracking mod on your character..?

Bring up the console, click on yourself and type "MFG Reset" (no quotes, outside of RaceMenu)

If it's persistent regardless of the above, then you'll either have to "walk it off" ie. play for a bit, get in and out of combat, and see if it sorts itself out. Or load a savegame that doesn't have the issue.

Update 2: After a week of playing it had finally aligned, this is after uninstalling OSA which was probably the issue. Probably it isn't compatible with this mod

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sad this mod died. Here's some info for future people:

Anyone looking for the discord, Turkeytail shut it down because he said it was too unactive.

He's long since moved onto customizing his private elin race, so Anime race will no longer be getting any updates.

The only active anime race as of this moment is Pokerace on Nexus by MAflock. (Which is more game model type that resembles pokemon rather than normal anime or mmd.)

Haven't found any anime races from the asia modders either. Unless you want an equippable anime head hat.

ElinRace is often referred to by people, but it doesn't really count as full on Anime in my opinion.

If you are on Skyrim LE, this mod, and PokeRace are pretty much the only "Anime" alternatives.

If you are on Skyrim SE, and are unsatisfied with PokeRace, you could try and port this one, or make a new one.

We see so many people making custom race mods, but hardly anyone makes Anime race mods. Not sure why.

Maybe after some time passes someone else will make an anime mod that looks similar to the one for fallout 4, or heck, they may even port it over.

Until then, here's what you got I guess.

3 hours ago, Critical Thrust said:

Sad this mod died. Here's some info for future people:

Anyone looking for the discord, Turkeytail shut it down because he said it was too unactive.

He's long since moved onto customizing his private elin race, so Anime race will no longer be getting any updates.

The only active anime race as of this moment is Pokerace on Nexus by MAflock. (Which is more game model type that resembles pokemon rather than normal anime or mmd.)

Haven't found any anime races from the asia modders either. Unless you want an equippable anime head hat.

ElinRace is often referred to by people, but it doesn't really count as full on Anime in my opinion.

If you are on Skyrim LE, this mod, and PokeRace are pretty much the only "Anime" alternatives.

If you are on Skyrim SE, and are unsatisfied with PokeRace, you could try and port this one, or make a new one.

We see so many people making custom race mods, but hardly anyone makes Anime race mods. Not sure why.

Maybe after some time passes someone else will make an anime mod that looks similar to the one for fallout 4, or heck, they may even port it over.

Until then, here's what you got I guess.

I think it is more along the lines that skyrim can make more 'realistic' anime style characters these days with the most famous examples being the characters by Goma pero, or nini. After a few years of these characters being shown and many people desperately trying to clone their work, and some forums even working together to recreate a semblance of a clone, a lot more people are now capable of making characters that look like they come straight out of Asian mmos and that is where the anime style side of skyrim evolved into I believe.

It is not easy making that kind of character in FO4 and I think that is why a full fledged anime race was easier to come by because there was really no alternative and that mod probably had way more interest in that game than here I imagine. 

I really liked this mod too but it had a lot of shortcomings compared to say getting a custom race like Lunari and with mods like Fair skin, and adorable face, and Mikan eyes and switching the meshes/textures in the lunari folders. These mods will round out the face, and smooth the meshes/textures so its much easier to make beautiful mmo style characters. But also these characters just look a tad more realistic in the game compared to this, which is sad because I believe early on their was ambition to make a complete skyrim overhaul centered around this mod where all npcs would be similar. Big ambitions rarely survive up to their execution sadly.

I'd actually begun looking into learning some basic 3D modeling in order to give this race the updates it needs to be fully functional, with proper morph support instead of the three face type thing it has going on in its current incarnation, but I wouldn't hold my breath on my efforts bearing fruit anytime soon. I'd need to create morph OBJs and TRI files for every single relevant headpart/slider, and that part of the project is also taking a backseat to my primary desire of creating the necessary assets to make a Hex Maniac character in Skyrim using this race.

On 10/27/2020 at 12:09 AM, minnk said:

How to use Ani-Mei race eyes with vanilla and custom races ?

For the most part, you can't, this race uses an entirely different eye mesh compared to standard races. You could take the eye textures you like and change them to fit the texture shape of a regular human race's eyes, but then they're just regular human eyes with an anime texture squished into the iris.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Still my favorite character race mod for SSE! Works well with 3BBB as well, so you can get neat stuff like this.

Not my own image, too lazy to download a poser pack. But easy doable with this race + a nice texture + 3BBB :)

You'll have to change the skeleton.nif -> skeleton_female.nif body pathing in Creation Kit though if you're going off of the SSE version, but that's pretty simple.

The only thing I would love to have is the animal ears separated from the hairstyles. The fox ears are seriously cute, and I would love to be able to wear them with some different hairstyle. Sure, you can download some random animal ear set, but those look a bit mismatched with the racial features/hair.

Spoiler

245ba56dd0ee53b58cbe8f1e929916b6.gif

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/2/2020 at 7:02 PM, vex714 said:

There is compatibility with the Hair parts from the Hestia Outfit mod

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/66671/?

Not sure that is a good idea. They are basically the same thing unless you want the old texture from the old one. You would just only have to replace the body texture folder.

Sadly, today, that mod with the extra hair has been set to hidden. Any ideas if we can get this from anywhere else?