SexLab Parasites - Kyne's Blessing (February 2023)

@DeepBlueFrog I got to the point in the quest where you activate the sonic device with the tonal key, but nothing happens. I've tried it with and without the mask and armor in all possible combinations but all it ever does is show a message box saying "The button blinks rapidly." Then some effects fire off and I have to kill the dragon that spawns in Blackreach normally. Twice. Is anything else supposed to happen or was that it?

42 minutes ago, Recoilsuave said:

@DeepBlueFrog I got to the point in the quest where you activate the sonic device with the tonal key, but nothing happens. I've tried it with and without the mask and armor in all possible combinations but all it ever does is show a message box saying "The button blinks rapidly." Then some effects fire off and I have to kill the dragon that spawns in Blackreach normally. Twice. Is anything else supposed to happen or was that it?

> Then some effects fire off and I have to kill the dragon that spawns in Blackreach normally.

Spoiler

A couple things are supposed to happen.

1- The dragon that appears should be skinned as a Chaurus Queen.. was it? 

2- When you kill the dragon:

- a popup window should tell you that you are now the new queen

- you should receive new spells and a new full body armor

- the Rift should close for good

If you have mods that change dragons, make sure Parasites is loaded after them. Nothing should be changing that Blackreach dragon other than Parasites.

On 1/24/2021 at 10:36 PM, DeepBlueFrog said:

I am not excluding a more progressive and elaborate transformation at some point but at the moment, the armor is modular and parts can be replaced if anyone wants to role play that transition.

I will provide a package of alternate armors and body parts to mix and match as you want.

Thank you, I appreciate that and I look forward to the progressive and elaborate transformation as and when it comes! But for the meantime, I look forward to trying out various looks for the new queen of the chaurus... and ruling over her new hive.

Edit: I will note I use special edition, so I will be patient and wait for the updates.

@DeepBlueFrog

Last time I check the "Critter Semen" that have a poison effect damaging health was recognized as "Potion of Health" and that's the opposite.

So what is the real effect. By the way if really is poison instead of potion shouldn't the player be poisoned every time the Critter ejaculate.

One more thing about the "Horny crawler" the Kyne priest is always talking about the good that are the parasites so I was thinking that at less the "Horny crawler (Face)" should allow breath underwater.

2 hours ago, osmelmc said:

@DeepBlueFrog

Last time I check the "Critter Semen" that have a poison effect damaging health was recognized as "Potion of Health" and that's the opposite.

So what is the real effect. By the way if really is poison instead of potion shouldn't the player be poisoned every time the Critter ejaculate.

Thanks... I will double check that.

It is possibly something that started in as a health benefit and turned into a poison and was left unfinished.

2 hours ago, osmelmc said:

One more thing about the "Horny crawler" the Kyne priest is always talking about the good that are the parasites so I was thinking that at less the "Horny crawler (Face)" should allow breath underwater.

Thanks for spotting this.

The waterbreathing enchantment is there already, but it is currently broken. I fixed it for the Chaurus Queen mask and it will be fixed for the Face hugger in time for the January update.

20 minutes ago, DeepBlueFrog said:

@osmelmc  Actually... can you remind me excactly how you obtain that Critter potion?

The Usage Info in CK isn't helpful at all.. it points to the main Quest but I have no recollection where in the quest it is used.

Apparently is one of the custom device events. The usual event fill the belly with fluids but eventually show a message letting you know that some of the fluids are out and the "Critter Semen" is added to the inventory.

5 minutes ago, osmelmc said:

Apparently is one of the custom device events. The usual event filled the belly with fluids but eventually show a message letting you know that some of the fluids are out and the "Critter Semen" is added to the inventory.

Is it the Face or Hip hugger? 

I have been looking where I am using a Potion as a property and I keep missing it.

Edit: Nevermind.. found it.

I get it now... I think the intent was to make the Critter Semen a poison used an an ingredient for Pheromones.

You could harvest it and sell it to Apothecaries or make potions yourself.

Along the way, I changed the recipe of Pheromones and that potion dropped out of use.

I will leave it as a poison for now and think about it when I work on more Hormones compatibility.

That said, I am open to suggestions if anyone has better ideas.

53 minutes ago, DeepBlueFrog said:

@osmelmc  Actually... can you remind me excactly how you obtain that Critter potion?

The Usage Info in CK isn't helpful at all.. it points to the main Quest but I have no recollection where in the quest it is used.

i'm trying to find out what mod is causing the falmer to hiss and then shoot chaurus spit at me because the screen imagespace modifier effect seems to linger on which now i think is not suppose to happen but anyways, as i have been waiting around hours and it still remains. But i think it's from either this mod or sexlab stories because i never had this happen before..

20210127013548_1.jpg.108ccfe89a460a3bb31a5036be0a2364.jpg

15 minutes ago, LinksSword said:

i'm trying to find out what mod is causing the falmer to hiss and then shoot chaurus spit at me because the screen imagespace modifier effect seems to linger on which now i think is not suppose to happen but anyways, as i have been waiting around hours and it still remains. But i think it's from either this mod or sexlab stories because i never had this happen before..

20210127013548_1.jpg.108ccfe89a460a3bb31a5036be0a2364.jpg

Try to sleep. There should be a failsafe that will force a clearing out of image space effects.

It is from the Falmer fluids effect, and I ran into the same issue with the Mage Apprentice effects for potion toxicity. I had to add a way to clear the effect manually. Sleep seemed a good option.

@LinksSword

1 hour ago, DeepBlueFrog said:

Try to sleep. There should be a failsafe that will force a clearing out of image space effects.

It is from the Falmer fluids effect, and I ran into the same issue with the Mage Apprentice effects for potion toxicity. I had to add a way to clear the effect manually. Sleep seemed a good option.

I already solved that on my game but don't know if I shared the file. Anyway use the Chaurus or Falmer Pheromone (not sure of how) should remove the visual effect. Just because apply and remove the same visual effect.

The issue is on the Falmer spell were need to be removed one of the property of the magic effect because basically is duplicate and usually the second get stacked even after the spell end.

5 hours ago, osmelmc said:

@LinksSword

I already solved that on my game but don't know if I shared the file. Anyway use the Chaurus or Falmer Pheromone (not sure of how) should remove the visual effect. Just because apply and remove the same visual effect.

The issue is on the Falmer spell were need to be removed one of the property of the magic effect because basically is duplicate and usually the second get stacked even after the spell end.

Should I remove the effect on the script? or on the spell?

2 hours ago, DeepBlueFrog said:

Should I remove the effect on the script? or on the spell?

The MagicImodOnPlayerHitScript from the Magic Effect.  

I bad not remember need to change the NightEyeImodIntro for NightEyeImod and remove the NightEyeImod from the OnFinishImodFX property because that property is made for a Animated IMOD and that one is not Animated (is better just let that property empty because you already remove the effect with the next script)

And while the effect of the Acid may seem overpowered, in addition to the unfair advantage of flying and having a small army at your disposal, I have to say that at level 14, it is still ridiculously easy to kill my player character as a Queen of Chaurus. 

Two swipes of a Sabre cat... or a couple of well placed bolts of ice and this is it.

hey, had an issue earlier with the part of the quest to receive Kyne's Blessing.  Was suggested that maybe I didn't have enough glowing mushrooms.  Well, I am infected with the spores, have over 100 glowing mushrooms, 16 crimson Nirnroot, and 4 seed stones and quest isn't updating and Danica doesn't have a conversation  topic for it. Have I done something wrong or is it just glitching up?

3 hours ago, DragonHost said:

hey, had an issue earlier with the part of the quest to receive Kyne's Blessing.  Was suggested that maybe I didn't have enough glowing mushrooms.  Well, I am infected with the spores, have over 100 glowing mushrooms, 16 crimson Nirnroot, and 4 seed stones and quest isn't updating and Danica doesn't have a conversation  topic for it. Have I done something wrong or is it just glitching up?

Are you using the latest version from Github or the December version?

What is the result of : sqs  _SLP_QST_QueenOfChaurus  in the console?

Started working on bodyslide files for CBBE morphing, Hopefully will be done when the new update comes out. 

I shape them with the Hormone preset as a reference.

87353896_ChaurusBody.png.cc63a58426926588d25cf93dd1d7787b.png

Also the armor choices are so pretty. Very regal.  

Which armors on your Github are you using for the new chapter? I saw a lot of options on it, but I want to make sure I get them all.

The new version is out for LE... Long Live The Queen!

If you need help with the new quest and effects, I added a couple of pages to the wiki on github. Watch out for spoilers.

https://github.com/SkyrimLL/SkLLmods/wiki

Note: the Alternate Chaurus Queen Armor asset file is a set of optional files to replace in your 'Data/armor/KynesBlessing' folder to pick and choose how your queen armors and parasites look like.

Note 2: The Flying option of the Queen of Chaurus armor relies on one of these three mods:

Enhancements:

Bug Fixes:

TESV 2021-01-22 13-01-03.png

25 minutes ago, SmolAnger said:

Started working on bodyslide files for CBBE morphing, Hopefully will be done when the new update comes out. 

I shape them with the Hormone preset as a reference.

87353896_ChaurusBody.png.cc63a58426926588d25cf93dd1d7787b.png

Also the armor choices are so pretty. Very regal.  

Which armors on your Github are you using for the new chapter? I saw a lot of options on it, but I want to make sure I get them all.

the main sources of armor elements are:

2 hours ago, DeepBlueFrog said:

the main sources of armor elements are:

Thanks for letting me know! 

I got most of the queen armor bodyslide working in game besides the chaurus queen skin...

Do you remember what meshes that outfit is made out of?

Starting a new game... and having 3 chaurus after charcreation near me (Abandonned Prison, LAL-start)... they are hostile to near npc (such breaking the game ultimatively). Is there a reason to this behaviour? Is it a bug? (in terms of modding, not nature). I understand, that it would be nice during "the queen of chaurus quest" to have the ability to gain a personal pack, so it would be great, to have a "hold on the quest just to the point it is willingly triggered - like a questgiver, triggered event or similiar...