SexLab Parasites - Kyne's Blessing (February 2023)

10 hours ago, HyperonicX said:

There's a new parasite-like mod on the Nexus that would fit in this mod.

Any chance you could ask the creator to implement it into this mod? I'm asking cause it looks awesome.

Thanks for pointing it out... I like the design of this one. It would be good to make the futa part a SoS addon too.

That said, you can already use it in Parasites as a replacement for one of the two full body parasites.

Extract the mesh folders from the BSA file and replace the meshes used by Parasites (and keeps the same names as in Parasites).

On 7/30/2020 at 9:21 AM, HyperonicX said:

There's a new parasite-like mod on the Nexus that would fit in this mod.

Any chance you could ask the creator to implement it into this mod? I'm asking cause it looks awesome.

This one looks cool too as a potential body parasite replacement:

On 7/30/2020 at 11:42 PM, Calich said:

Do you plan on adding any additional parasite event descriptions? Would be cool if each one had a few.

Yes... I plan to fully customize each parasite, but DD adds a lot of messages that need to be edited and replaced by their biological version, so that is taking time.

At this time, I am not planning on adding more parasites to the ones I currently have.

3 hours ago, DeepBlueFrog said:

Yes... I plan to fully customize each parasite, but DD adds a lot of messages that need to be edited and replaced by their biological version, so that is taking time.

At this time, I am not planning on adding more parasites to the ones I currently have.

I've been watching too much Aliens... lol

4 hours ago, DeepBlueFrog said:

Do you plan to trigger them more randomly? I mean as soon as you know what plants trigger them you can basically avoid 1/3 of all parasites ?

2 minutes ago, donttouchmethere said:

Do you plan to trigger them more randomly? I mean as soon as you know what plants trigger them you can basically avoid 1/3 of all parasites ?

I am open to ideas for triggers that make sense and are doable.

I can’t do anything related to eating or drinking because of ‘needs’ and magical mods.

I have been thinking of something that triggers when the player swims but I am still undecided about the parasite ( that one would need a new parasite ).

I could extend the tentacle monster from chaurus egg sacs to other harvestable plants.

Any other idea for triggers?

16 hours ago, DeepBlueFrog said:

I can’t do anything related to eating or drinking because of ‘needs’ and magical mods.

That would also be hard to balance and becomes too annoying quickly.

I have been thinking of something that triggers when the player swims but I am still undecided about the parasite ( that one would need a new parasite ).

That's very interesting! Swimming doesn't happen too often, this would make the surprise bigger and swimming can't be avoided all the time (I also uses it regularly to just wash my PC from cum, a tactic I would overthink then)

That's why I like it that some parasites get added while sleeping in the wrong place at the wrong time. Sometimes I can't avoid it (SD+ and Campfire and Frostfall forces me sometimes to find cover somewhere unsafe quickly)

I could extend the tentacle monster from chaurus egg sacs to other harvestable plants.

That would be the easiest way to do. I must admit I rarely collect anything in the wilds, so this would affect the non alchemist players a lot (actually not at all, I usually buy ingredients).

The Parasites triggered by collecting ingredients I rarely encounter (for testing, rarely by searching for DCL keys ^^, chaurus/spider eggs for Apropos2 heal after modifying Apropos2 consumables healing rate to only use Kyne's Blessing ingridiens + Estrus Chaurus eggs) since October 10, 2016 (Kyne's Blessing never left my LO since).

Looting Corpses would be a good way to add a chance. Best if only creature corpses are effected to keep the chance low and to create a bigger surprise effect. That way it could be avoided but not always (for example to get arrows back I loot a lot of creatures and for furs, spider poisons and eggs, chaurus eggs, meat if bosmer, Rare ingredients for Apropos2, troll fat of course).

A bit more complicated might be catching parasites if attacked by creatures. This also would cause it to happen too often and might conflict with other mods that change attack types.

What triggers infections the most on my setups:

> Sex with creatures after defeats or tamed creatures or calmed creatures => 100% chance that this happens sooner or later

> Sleeping near dungeons with campfire => rare but the surprise is always great

> Sleeping in Dungeon cages with SD+ and SDcages => highly depends how bad I fight and how fast I escape >.< => 100% chance that this happens

Things I cannot avoid from happening:

> frostfall forces me sometimes to make a camp early or just the need to sleep or bad weather and night

> bathing in rivers/lakes

> short swim to cross lakes and rivers (or if running away)

> rapes by creatures after defeats or with SLAC

> looting corpses for arrows/bolts

Now that I write it, rare event is looting Dragons, would make sense if they have some odd parasites you don't find anywhere else. Also looting dragons gives me the most loot with the lowest risk (well if you can kill it of course and if DCL isn't installed^^).

Another way would be followers that find odd things and bring it to you like DEC, but that's seems a bit complicated.

Or like Devious Lore, you don't trigger any traps just by looting chests, but by finding containers in the containers that if open will trigger something parasitic. Means you find some odd loot and if you activate it (because it might also include something of value) you have a chance to trigger a parasite instead => That way you could pretty much add all parasites to "loot" (in addition to other means of triggering them).

The lootable container idea might even work with radiant quests for Danica or various Alchemists => In this case, the NPC quest givers don't want the container, but what is inside of it (maybe some ingredients or old literature about Parasites), which would force the player to open the container to finish the quest with a chance to get a parasite added (in addition to be able to finish the quest)^^

I don't know how to force a check on corpses of any creature you kill. 

One thing I could hijack is when creatures leave something behind, like piles of dust from Ice wraiths.

Another could be to hook into Draugr corpses, but both situations would need a new parasite since the tentacle monster is just too wet to make sense in that situation.

Question 1:

I want to update from a December2018 version to the latest one and continue with my save - are there any actions I should do before replacing files? Apart from "delete all existing parasites". Do I have to register any new animations with FNIS? Is it even possible without starting a new game?

Question 2: 

What files I should avoid in order to NOT have the visual updates to vanilla locations? I don't want any potential conflicts caused by those.

3 hours ago, tesos said:

Question 1:

I want to update from a December2018 version to the latest one and continue with my save - are there any actions I should do before replacing files? Apart from "delete all existing parasites". Do I have to register any new animations with FNIS? Is it even possible without starting a new game?

There are no animations in Parasites, so you are safe on that point.

It would be better to clear all parasites before the upgrade, and also be away from Lastelle's cave.

3 hours ago, tesos said:

Question 2: 

What files I should avoid in order to NOT have the visual updates to vanilla locations? I don't want any potential conflicts caused by those.

These updates are included in the main mod.. they are not optional... but I tried to make them discrete enough to fit with any mod I know of.

Which changes are you concerned about?

OK just installed kyne blessing and i am getting a CTD in white run when i try to go to the healer,  dont remember the name of the temple. i am taking the first left to get there, not sure if it was when a dragon was killed near by or not will test. but going the long way up to the tree and then left works without issue

Game crash in white run just as you get to the corner on breezy home i deactivated kynes blessing to be sure that it was not another mod causing the issue and i was able to pass that point, i am using of course the se version, also no dialog for cure from the healer in white run but i was infected by chaurus breeder Parasite so, not sure if you had a dialog set up with that one. 

Found out is was sexlab more creatures that was causing the crashes, the se version seems to be working without issue not that i have removed the other mod took me about an hour to figure out which mod was causing the issue. should have realized that the blinking in and out they were doing was a sign of an issue just not sure if it was mod related or video card related, if the GPU is to low for lots of graphic it can crash the program so i am leaning toward the graphics card due to me having a lower end graphics card so far from what i could play with it it has added a sense of danger to the game play, and it has defiantly improved it i think, just a few question, does the healers have dialog for the healing or is there someone else i have to find because the only healing i know of didnt give any type of dialog about my character having the Parasites from getting chaurus eggs

On 8/4/2020 at 12:45 AM, DeepBlueFrog said:

Which changes are you concerned about?

Nothing in particular, I just generally prefer to keep things clean if possible, but it's not a big deal.

Thank you for your answer!

Some notes from a recent attempt to play through the mod.

First off, you mod does NOT like Alternate Actors.  I tried that so I could switch from my character (male) to a female follower for the chaurus stud stuff, etc. and while I got the chaurus stud part to work, after that it seemed like it broke everything else in your mod, the brood cave never opened up, the portal to Blackreach wasn't there, etc.  So word to the wise for anyone else, that mod does not appear to offer an option for playing through this mod.  Plus I also discovered Ordinator doesn't much like AA either.

Okay... that said, I can't offer much of a bug report because of that.

Do have a few suggestions.

Could you add a dialog option so that when the player gets to the chaurus stud stuff, they can instead ask a female follower to do that?  Since some of us play male characters who we don't want to watch getting butt fucked by... anything... this would be a nice alternative.  SexLab Solutions did some of this, it was a nice feature.

Spoiler

Lastelle tells the player they need to use the potion to attract a chaurus stud.

Player - "What do you mean "attract" a chaurus stud?"

Lastelle - The pheromones will lure it to you and then you'll get to mate with it of course!

Player then gets a new dialog option with a female follower

Player to Follower "I don't think I'm equipped to do this..."

Follower "And I suppose you want me to go get fucked by this chaurus?"

Player [speech check to convince them] "She did say it was a chaurus stud, implying its a male.  I'm not sure this would even work with me."

Depending on the speech check the follower reaction could be:

[Failed Check] "Likely story, if you think I'm going to do that you're out of your mind!"

[Passed Check] "I suppose so, but I'm not thrilled about this.  Give me the potion..."

[Passed Check, large margin] "You know she does make it sound exciting, and I am a little horny, give me the potion..."

The follower then strips off their armor and clothes and heads off towards a nearby chaurus stud.  The player can follow or not but probably shouldn't get too close yet.  Once the follower reaches the stud, they pop the potion, and the two go at it.  Afterwards the follower will follow the player back to Lastelle with the chaurus stud following the follower.

If you want to have a bit more fun with the dialog, you could vary the responses based on their relationship to the player.

Relationship 3 would be the above, just an ordinary follower.

Relationship 4 is a lover... so there could be some fun with an angry lover or a cautious lover or a lover who thinks this would be kinky fun.

An if the follower is also a spouse.... yeah, imagine asking your wife to go bang a chaurus stud so you can finish a quest.  ?  That should come with speech check PENALTIES! 

One other suggestion, maybe add some benefits to the parasites like adding buffs.  Maybe one type increases magicka regen, another stamina or health regen.  You've already implied face huggers could grant immunity to poisons.  That creates some incentive to get infected for players.  Removed dead ones have alchemical properties, maybe some could be used in crafting or enchanting.  Throw in the option that someone infected with a parasite might occasionally produce more off them, and you've got an incentive for a player to want to infect followers / NPCs with these things as a way of farming alchemical and magical resources.  That could open up an alternate way to start the quest line and provide an alternate motive for someone wanting to play who is exploiting the parasites and NPCs.

Just some ideas.

Just an idea, on the chaurus worms, you should have a set amount that you could be infected with, say 1-3 and once you remove 1 another one will emerge after 24 hour in game, just not sure how difficult that would be to code. but so far it is interesting, another thing when you have a follower they attack the chaurus stud no matter what i do, i have one with nature and i turned on allied and they still attacked the stud.