SexLab Parasites - Kyne's Blessing (February 2023)

9 minutes ago, Dimom76 said:

Okay, I understand. Thank you so much for your answers and your wonderful mods.

I Just added alternate healers in places away from guards to the next version:

- Anise near Riverwood

- The guardians inside the Eldergleam sanctuary

- Gilfre, on the way to Windhelm

They will be able to help with spider eggs.

Spider penises come out on their own after some time.

Chaurus worms have a chance to come out after sex (regular sex.. not only with chaurus).

Making progress on the final chapter of Parasites.

Without spoiling too much, here is how the final chapter is structured:

Spoiler

Part 1 - Incubation: The Seed Stone planted inside you is changing your body in many ways. Consider it as a symbiote or a permanent, multistage parasite. The effects will flare up more and more rapidly until you find out their purpose.

Part 2 - Heat: You will test the capabilities of the Seed by brewing a potion of Spider pheromones and mating with a spider. The Seed will absorb the pheromones and grant you new powers - a detect life spell to track nearby spiders, a calm spell to calm spiders without having to brew new potions and a breeding spell to mate with spiders happily from now on. 

Once you receive their egg cluster, the Seed fertilizes them into individual eggs. the Seed has a special spell in store - a spawning spell that transforms eggs in your inventory into ... poison spiders from the DLC. You may now have access to poison spiders without setting foot on Solstheim. Eggs in your inventory act as ammunitions. The more eggs you have, the more spiders you can spawn. 

Only one type of spider for now (exploding poison spider). I still have to think about a good way to specialize your spawns into a cloak spider, a mind control spider, etc...

Part 3 - Echos: After talking to Danica and the Elder Roots about your new powers, you will be invited to the main course - mating with a chaurus.

This will unlock the Queen of Chaurus Armor and after a while, the full Queen of Chaurus body. It will also make you receptive to calls from the current Queen of Chaurus herself.  it will also grant you similar spells to detect, calm and mate with chaurus specimens, as well as using chaurus eggs to summon a chaurus ally to help you in battle. 

One caveat though... mating with chaurus only gives you chaurus worms... not eggs. You will have to find existing eggs inside chaurus egg sacks. The worms are true parasites and useless at this stage. If you have Estrus Chaurus, I will try to allow you to use hatched eggs after a tentacle attack if I can identify them from Parasites.

Part 4 - The Chaurus Queen: You will have to discover where the Queen is located and hear her story. Once you find her, a final scene will allow you to take her place and become the new queen yourself, with the perks that will come with that. 

One of the perks will be to be able to mate with chaurus and produce your own eggs finally. There too I will try to get bigger and meaner chaurus to help you, and maybe even summoning a real spawn infestation.

That's the plan so far... I am about halfway done.

72850_20210115203805_1.png

72850_20210115203834_1.png

More details about the first stage of the Chaurus Queen effects:

Spoiler

I found a good way to diversify the spider spawned from eggs in your inventory.

The spell will look for additional ingredients in your inventory for a chance to get a special type of spider.

By default, you will get a static poison exploding spider.

If you carry deathbells, you will have a chance to get a mobile poison cloak spider.

If you carry fire salts, you will have a chance to get a mobile fire cloak spider.

I will let you discover the rest of the ingredients recognized by the spell.

Bottom line is - once you get to that stage, have sex with spiders to get yourself some eggs and transform those eggs into weaponized spiderlings.

A new kind of Parasite Magic.

8 hours ago, Cloudymodder said:

Soooooo, When's the SSE port? Correct me if I'm wrong, but you said you'd port after the chapter's complete. If you don't want to or if it won't be for another month, I can port it myself relatively cleanly (I did it with 95% success for the last version). Keep up the good work!

Realistically, I won't touch SE until I am further along across all my mods. 

My Skyrim LE is running smoothly, with very few CTDs and I don't have much incentive to look elsewhere.

The perspective to start over with a new setup and having to deal with conversion issues and missing mods is daunting.

I am trying to get Parasites in a near finished state this month and then move on to Hormones, Stories and the Milk Farm next month.

Feel free to convert it once I publish the update.

2 hours ago, DeepBlueFrog said:

Realistically, I won't touch SE until I am further along across all my mods. 

My Skyrim LE is running smoothly, with very few CTDs and I don't have much incentive to look elsewhere.

The perspective to start over with a new setup and having to deal with conversion issues and missing mods is daunting.

I am trying to get Parasites in a near finished state this month and then move on to Hormones, Stories and the Milk Farm next month.

Feel free to convert it once I publish the update.

Thanks, I will! With your permission and creditation of course ?

The Chaurus Queen stage will also allow you to have your own brood.

Spoiler

You can use chaurus eggs in your inventory to:

- create special spiders (mind control oil and glowing spiders)

- call small, large and flying chaurus spawns to help you

These spawns follow you when they appear and fight (aggressively) to protect you. Watch out about summoning them in a town or near regular NPCs.

They are not summoned creatures and will only go away if you use a special Spawn Dismiss spell. 

If you call the spawn spell without any egg in your inventory, your brood will teleport to you to protect you.

I set the limit of the brood to 10 spawns to go easy on the game engine but you could summon 100 chaurus if you feel like it and edit the script :)

Apologies for the blurred screenshot... my character is fighting a bad case of Rockjoint at the moment.

72850_20210117144930_1.png

3 hours ago, Masterlance said:

Is the queen armor permament or can we use ist like a Powerranger?

You will be able to toggle it with a spell. 

It is an organic armor (light) and will need to consume Chaurus eggs for the materials. 

You will need 2 eggs to put the armor on, and you can remove it without consuming any egg.

The full body armor (heavy) will work the same way but will need 3 eggs.

50 minutes ago, Lucair said:

Is the brood maiden quest incomplete?

Because once I get everything for the weird 2 headed statue, nothing happens.

That's what I am working on right now. 

I am close to the end of the story at the moment.

I will release all my changes at the end of the month, with maybe another release soon after that if I am not quite finished on the 31st of January.

Still on track to wrap up the Chaurus Queen main story by end of this month.

I still have half a dozen quest stages and dialogues to write, as well as the final scene to test.

The new gameplay mechanics are already done and tested. I may add to them later but they are very playable as it is.

The crawling pose in the screenshots below is coming from SD+. I will probably not make a copy in Parasites. There should be mods out there allowing you to crawl if you want to do it and not install SD+ just for that.

The big spider is from Animalica. It is made friendly by the Chaurus Queen armor, which grants you both the Spider and Chaurus factions by default.

72850_20210118155657_1.png

72850_20210118155953_1.png

59 minutes ago, Grey Cloud said:

@DeepBlueFrog Which ENB is that? I can't make up my mind whether I like it or not. ?

It's a work in progress, based on one ENB and mixed in with settings and features from at least two others.

These screenshots are a bot too saturated still but I really like the features it is giving me.

I described what I am working towards here:

https://itsbluefrog.tumblr.com/post/639940160672415744/in-between-testing-and-tinkering-with-my-mods-i

Not sure I will release it since it is a customized mash up from multiple ENBs.

72850_20210118153305_1.png

72850_20210118160907_1.png

TESV 2021-01-12 00-01-35.png

72850_20210115220548_1.png

72850_20210116132241_1.png

72850_20210116184929_1.png

72850_20210117210019_1.png

72850_20210117225020_1.png

72850_20210116103604_1.png

15 hours ago, DeepBlueFrog said:

That's what I am working on right now. 

I am close to the end of the story at the moment.

I will release all my changes at the end of the month, with maybe another release soon after that if I am not quite finished on the 31st of January.

Ah awesome, thanks for the quick response.

Glad my game wasn't broken or anything. x3

I am happy to announce that Parasites is now feature complete and will be released around the 30th of this month.

I am still testing the last stages and looking to fix a few remaining issues (such as Spells that should cost no magicka and which refuse to fire for some reason).

The files are on Github if anyone wants to take it for a spin.

Edit: If you downloaded the files from Github today, make sure you have the latest changes as of 5:07 PM EST. The last hour includes several bug fixes for the final scenes.

22 hours ago, DeepBlueFrog said:

I am happy to announce that Parasites is now feature complete and will be released around the 30th of this month.

I am still testing the last stages and looking to fix a few remaining issues (such as Spells that should cost no magicka and which refuse to fire for some reason).

The files are on Github if anyone wants to take it for a spin.

Edit: If you downloaded the files from Github today, make sure you have the latest changes as of 5:07 PM EST. The last hour includes several bug fixes for the final scenes.

Excellent :D  I'll just hold off playing skyrim for a bit and do a fresh play through when its updated - thanks for your hard work time to tackle the steam backlog lol

Testing with calling my Brood for help...

That started well, with the Brood attacking a group of bandits..  but when a dragon arrived, the spawns ended up attacking first a group of nearby slavers, before the whole thing degenerated into a glorious fight between a giant, two mammoths, the dragon, slavers, Alicia and my spawns.

72850_20210121140220_1.png

72850_20210121140701_1.png

72850_20210121141226_1.png

I added two spells to the final Queen stage:

- Chaurus Spit, to attack your enemies with the same acid spit the Chaurus use

- Chaurus Digest, a less power acid that absorbs Health from your victims in a good insect fashion

I also added some enchantments to the organic armor pieces and removed the magicka glow effect when you wear them.

- The Chaurus Mask gives you water-breathing and poison resistance

- The Light armor gives you more resistance to poison and disease

- The Heavy armor gives you a bonus to health and heal rate, and a permanent glow like the Barnacles/Spores.

All pieces damage your Speechcraft and reputation.

I finishing up testing and I am still on track for a release next week.

72850_20210121201125_1.png

72850_20210121201228_1.png

72850_20210121201630_1.png