SexLab Parasites - Kyne's Blessing (February 2023)

2 hours ago, DeepBlueFrog said:

Interesting... if the blade could be shortened a bit, it could be a great organic equivalent to the Assassin Creed hidden blade 

There are two basic models ... one under the wrist and the other above.

The size of the blade is easy to change and I like the idea of a dagger under the wrist.

I'll see what's possible (when I have some free time :weary:)

2 hours ago, Vaccinated Alligator said:

Could "larger chaurus for your brood" also be a "Chaurus Dragon"?

The image of a dragon sized chaurus hunter, breathing fire and everything just went throught my mind :fearful:

Seriously, that would be my worst nightmare while travelling across Skyrim!

Well my pc got infected with the living armor during a swim.  A day or so later I got in fight with 3 vampires.  They were kicking my but and the living armor started throwing the defenses to protect me...which was pretty cool.  The major problem was the announcements of every defense the living armor was executing, so I had to click through 50 'oks' during fight.  I don't think that is supposed to happen, clicking through all those 'ok' like that.  The living armor is the first parasite pc was infected with since the update.  Just letting you know what happened with it.     

Not to pile on too much, but I also didn't have any further steps after I talked to Danica with the Living Armor on.  She "taught" me how to brew Parasite Repellent, but there's no note or recipe book in my inventory, no potions to pick up, no quest markers or objectives for ingredients, and no new potion formulas shown in the Alchemy menu.  I used AddItemMenu to get the potions, but... is there a proper way to proceed here?

Hello, is it possible to disable the flareups once the Chaurus queen questline is over. Its posted on github that the dev is already looking into adding this as an MCM option in future updates but is there any way to do that now? BTW the SE conversion works great and I was able to play through the most of the mod without any problems at all. Great work and thanks for the conversion.

3 hours ago, VenomousOuroboros said:

Not to pile on too much, but I also didn't have any further steps after I talked to Danica with the Living Armor on.  She "taught" me how to brew Parasite Repellent, but there's no note or recipe book in my inventory, no potions to pick up, no quest markers or objectives for ingredients, and no new potion formulas shown in the Alchemy menu.  I used AddItemMenu to get the potions, but... is there a proper way to proceed here?

Look in Cooking station.. not Alchemy.

There should be a new recipe there.

6 hours ago, leesjig said:

Well my pc got infected with the living armor during a swim.  A day or so later I got in fight with 3 vampires.  They were kicking my but and the living armor started throwing the defenses to protect me...which was pretty cool.  The major problem was the announcements of every defense the living armor was executing, so I had to click through 50 'oks' during fight.  I don't think that is supposed to happen, clicking through all those 'ok' like that.  The living armor is the first parasite pc was infected with since the update.  Just letting you know what happened with it.     

That wasn't intended. That popup was there as a test. I will remove it and post an update in the next few days.

16 hours ago, DeepBlueFrog said:

Interesting... if the blade could be shortened a bit, it could be a great organic equivalent to the Assassin Creed hidden blade 

There are two basic models ... one under the wrist and the other above.

image.png

You could try to reuse Chaurus hunter Antennae as an blade/spike of sorts, they seem to fit well visually. 

3 hours ago, whatisitimbored said:

Hello, is it possible to disable the flareups once the Chaurus queen questline is over. Its posted on github that the dev is already looking into adding this as an MCM option in future updates but is there any way to do that now? BTW the SE conversion works great and I was able to play through the most of the mod without any problems at all. Great work and thanks for the conversion.

There isn't a way to disable it at the moment.

I will add an automatic disable in the next release, and work on an option to make that optional for those who want the flares to continue.

9 minutes ago, DeepBlueFrog said:

An error log would help there. 

I added messages about why items wouldn't be equipped.

Where are the logfiles located? Off the top of my head it said something about devious device keyword not being found for chaurus queen armor in the messages area of the game

1 hour ago, captainlinux said:

Where are the logfiles located? Off the top of my head it said something about devious device keyword not being found for chaurus queen armor in the messages area of the game

Here are some instructions about error logs: https://github.com/SkyrimLL/SDPlus/wiki/FAQ#q-you-said-something-about-papyrus-logs-how-do-i-do-that

Are you using DD 5.1 or 4.x?

@DeepBlueFrog I can't find the item even after I followed the instruction I tried the "help" option on the console and the add item to look for it. Come one  what item am I suppose to type. So far I type "Chaurus Queen and Chaurus gag item did not pop or I even time Chaurus Gag. I'm completely lost though changing the folder name was suppose to add the item

@DeepBlueFrogYou know that fellow named @olebronkosrak right? That did an add-on to animate the parasite plugs? Well just the worm and hugger, but think you could ask them if they'd update the LE version and maybe animate that new Chaurus Queen plug? Also along with that idea for the Queen Armor getting body slide options. There a way to get the lower attaching Face Hugger to have body sliders too? Always wanted my pc and followers to wear them for "undergarments" but its always clipping their curvy hips and belly.

Know you always have a lot going on but again. Doesnt hut just to ask ya?

21 hours ago, SilentOption said:

@DeepBlueFrog I follow the instruction but I can't seem to find the item when look at the search box in the AddItem Mod

The content of the Alternative Asset archive is just replacement meshes for the different armor pieces. They are not meant to be used with AddItem at all (especially since most of them are used by Devious Devices and should not be equipped directly with add item anyway).

Here is what your Skyrim mesh folder should look like for Parasites:

image.png

What you have to do with the Alternate Assets files is to:

1- Extract them somewhere temporary, like in a folder on your Desktop for example

2- Pick a folder you want to try, for example 'harnessChaurusQueen - Body Blades'

3- Rename that folder and remove everything in the name after the ' - ' part in the folder name. That would leave you with only 'harnessChaurusQueen'

4- Move or copy that folder in your Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\Data\meshes\armor\KyneBlessing folder (create the 'KyneBlessing' folder first if necessary)

That's it... the files in the 'harnessChaurusQueen' will overwrite the files from the mod.

From there, you will be able to equip the alternate look of the parasite through the MCM menu if you are are impatient, or through regular gameplay.

3 hours ago, wilks82 said:

@DeepBlueFrogYou know that fellow named @olebronkosrak right? That did an add-on to animate the parasite plugs? Well just the worm and hugger, but think you could ask them if they'd update the LE version and maybe animate that new Chaurus Queen plug? Also along with that idea for the Queen Armor getting body slide options. There a way to get the lower attaching Face Hugger to have body sliders too? Always wanted my pc and followers to wear them for "undergarments" but its always clipping their curvy hips and belly.

Know you always have a lot going on but again. Doesnt hut just to ask ya?

I never used the animated parasites files as people reported crashes and instability.

For the body sliders, I believe there are body slides files for the hip huggers. I haven't looked at that for a while so I could be wrong.

7 hours ago, captainlinux said:

DD 5.1 as of right now, using the 4-30 Parasite version for SE

Thanks for the log.

I am not seeing any message related to Parasites in that log file but there are many issues with Devious Devices, FNIS and XPMS reported in that log.

I don't know if it is normal to see these errors for SE, but you should look into reinstalling DD, XPMS and FNIS for SE.

Spoiler

[05/05/2021 - 12:44:28AM] ERROR: Static function GetBaseValue not found on object nemesis_aa_core. Aborting call and returning None
stack:
    <unknown self>.fnis_aa.GetGroupBaseValue() - "FNIS_aa.psc" Line 31
    [zadQuest (1700F624)].zadboundcombatscript.UpdateValues() - "zadBoundCombatScript.psc" Line 118
    [zadQuest (1700F624)].zadboundcombatscript.Maintenance_ABC() - "zadBoundCombatScript.psc" Line 144
    [zadQuest (1700F624)].zadbq00.Maintenance() - "zadBQ00.psc" Line 190
    [alias Player on quest zadQuest (1700F624)].zadPlayerScript.OnPlayerLoadGame() - "zadPlayerScript.psc" Line 75
[05/05/2021 - 12:44:28AM] warning: Assigning None to a non-object variable named "::temp10"
stack:
    [zadQuest (1700F624)].zadboundcombatscript.UpdateValues() - "zadBoundCombatScript.psc" Line 118
    [zadQuest (1700F624)].zadboundcombatscript.Maintenance_ABC() - "zadBoundCombatScript.psc" Line 144
    [alias Player on quest zadQuest (1700F624)].zadPlayerScript.OnPlayerLoadGame() - "zadPlayerScript.psc" Line 75
[05/05/2021 - 12:44:28AM] ERROR: Static function GetBaseValue not found on object nemesis_aa_core. Aborting call and returning None
stack:
    [zadQuest (1700F624)].zadboundcombatscript.UpdateValues() - "zadBoundCombatScript.psc" Line 119
[05/05/2021 - 12:44:28AM] warning: Assigning None to a non-object variable named "::temp10"
stack:
    [zadQuest (1700F624)].zadboundcombatscript.UpdateValues() - "zadBoundCombatScript.psc" Line 119
stack:
    [zadQuest (1700F624)].zadboundcombatscript.UpdateValues() - "zadBoundCombatScript.psc" Line 120
stack:
    [zadQuest (1700F624)].zadboundcombatscript.UpdateValues() - "zadBoundCombatScript.psc" Line 120

(...)

[05/05/2021 - 12:44:33AM] ERROR: Static function SetAnimGroupLoad not found on object nemesis_aa. Aborting call and returning None
stack:
    <unknown self>.fnis_aa.SetAnimGroupEX() - "FNIS_aa.psc" Line 8
    <unknown self>.xpmselib.SetAA() - "XPMSELib.psc" Line 238
    [Active effect 1 on  (0D029842)].XPMSEWeaponStyleScaleEffect.SetAA() - "XPMSEWeaponStyleScaleEffect.psc" Line 1553
    [Active effect 1 on  (0D029842)].XPMSEWeaponStyleScaleEffect.Restyle() - "XPMSEWeaponStyleScaleEffect.psc" Line 977
    [Active effect 1 on  (0D029842)].XPMSEWeaponStyleScaleEffect.onBeginState() - "XPMSEWeaponStyleScaleEffect.psc" Line 255
    [Active effect 1 on  (0D029842)].XPMSEWeaponStyleScaleEffect.GotoState() - "ActiveMagicEffect.psc" Line ?
    [Active effect 1 on  (0D029842)].XPMSEWeaponStyleScaleEffect.OnEffectStart() - "XPMSEWeaponStyleScaleEffect.psc" Line 222
[05/05/2021 - 12:44:33AM] warning: Assigning None to a non-object variable named "::temp1"
stack:
    [Active effect 1 on  (0D029842)].XPMSEWeaponStyleScaleEffect.SetAA() - "XPMSEWeaponStyleScaleEffect.psc" Line 1553
    [Active effect 1 on  (0D029842)].XPMSEWeaponStyleScaleEffect.Restyle() - "XPMSEWeaponStyleScaleEffect.psc" Line 977
    [Active effect 1 on  (0D029842)].XPMSEWeaponStyleScaleEffect.onBeginState() - "XPMSEWeaponStyleScaleEffect.psc" Line 255
    [Active effect 1 on  (0D029842)].XPMSEWeaponStyleScaleEffect.GotoState() - "ActiveMagicEffect.psc" Line ?
    [Active effect 1 on  (0D029842)].XPMSEWeaponStyleScaleEffect.OnEffectStart() - "XPMSEWeaponStyleScaleEffect.psc" Line 222
[05/05/2021 - 12:44:33AM] ERROR: Static function SetAnimGroupLoad not found on object nemesis_aa. Aborting call and returning None
stack:
    [Active effect 1 on  (0D029944)].XPMSEWeaponStyleScaleEffect.SetAA() - "XPMSEWeaponStyleScaleEffect.psc" Line 1553
    [Active effect 1 on  (0D029944)].XPMSEWeaponStyleScaleEffect.Restyle() - "XPMSEWeaponStyleScaleEffect.psc" Line 722
    [Active effect 1 on  (0D029944)].XPMSEWeaponStyleScaleEffect.onBeginState() - "XPMSEWeaponStyleScaleEffect.psc" Line 255
    [Active effect 1 on  (0D029944)].XPMSEWeaponStyleScaleEffect.GotoState() - "ActiveMagicEffect.psc" Line ?
    [Active effect 1 on  (0D029944)].XPMSEWeaponStyleScaleEffect.OnEffectStart() - "XPMSEWeaponStyleScaleEffect.psc" Line 222
[05/05/2021 - 12:44:33AM] warning: Assigning None to a non-object variable named "::temp1"
stack:
    [Active effect 1 on  (0D029944)].XPMSEWeaponStyleScaleEffect.SetAA() - "XPMSEWeaponStyleScaleEffect.psc" Line 1553
    [Active effect 1 on  (0D029944)].XPMSEWeaponStyleScaleEffect.Restyle() - "XPMSEWeaponStyleScaleEffect.psc" Line 722
    [Active effect 1 on  (0D029944)].XPMSEWeaponStyleScaleEffect.onBeginState() - "XPMSEWeaponStyleScaleEffect.psc" Line 255
    [Active effect 1 on  (0D029944)].XPMSEWeaponStyleScaleEffect.GotoState() - "ActiveMagicEffect.psc" Line ?
    [Active effect 1 on  (0D029944)].XPMSEWeaponStyleScaleEffect.OnEffectStart() - "XPMSEWeaponStyleScaleEffect.psc" Line 222

1 hour ago, DeepBlueFrog said:

The content of the Alternative Asset archive is just replacement meshes for the different armor pieces. They are not meant to be used with AddItem at all (especially since most of them are used by Devious Devices and should not be equipped directly with add item anyway).

Here is what your Skyrim mesh folder should look like for Parasites:

image.png

What you have to do with the Alternate Assets files is to:

1- Extract them somewhere temporary, like in a folder on your Desktop for example

2- Pick a folder you want to try, for example 'harnessChaurusQueen - Body Blades'

3- Rename that folder and remove everything in the name after the ' - ' part in the folder name. That would leave you with only 'harnessChaurusQueen'

4- Move or copy that folder in your Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\Data\meshes\armor\KyneBlessing folder (create the 'KyneBlessing' folder first if necessary)

That's it... the files in the 'harnessChaurusQueen' will overwrite the files from the mod.

From there, you will be able to equip the alternate look of the parasite through the MCM menu if you are are impatient, or through regular gameplay.

thank you very much

3 hours ago, DeepBlueFrog said:

Thanks for the log.

I am not seeing any message related to Parasites in that log file but there are many issues with Devious Devices, FNIS and XPMS reported in that log.

I don't know if it is normal to see these errors for SE, but you should look into reinstalling DD, XPMS and FNIS for SE.

Hide contents

stack:
stack:
stack:
stack:
stack:
stack:

(...)

stack:
stack:
stack:
stack:

Thank you! is there any way to know what FNIS_aa relates to?