SexLab Parasites - Kyne's Blessing (February 2023)

12 hours ago, DeepBlueFrog said:

Make sure stage 290 is set to 1 anyway.

Startet a new game and played again to this point.

The stage 290 is automatically set to 1 after the ritual, but still nothing happens after 5 to 15 days.

I m allways runing around the whole map. I check the mod status in the MCM every 5 days until day 15 or 20 but there changes nothing.

2 hours ago, DefaultType said:

Startet a new game and played again to this point.

The stage 290 is automatically set to 1 after the ritual, but still nothing happens after 5 to 15 days.

I m allways runing around the whole map. I check the mod status in the MCM every 5 days until day 15 or 20 but there changes nothing.

I will check the conditions again for that stage.

Edit: Look in your error logs. 

After stage 290, the random effects will be applied unless one of these conditions are met:

[SLP] tryParasiteNextStage failed 
[SLP]    Player is busy 
[SLP]     IsBleedingOut: " + PlayerActor.IsBleedingOut()  
[SLP]     IsDead: " + PlayerActor.IsDead()  
[SLP]     IsOnMount: " + PlayerActor.IsOnMount()  
[SLP]     IsFlying: " + PlayerActor.IsFlying() 
[SLP]     IsUnconscious: " + PlayerActor.IsUnconscious()  
[SLP]     Game.IsActivateControlsEnabled: " + Game.IsActivateControlsEnabled() 
[SLP]     SexLab.IsActorActive: " + SexLab.IsActorActive(PlayerActor) 

If you see "[SLP] tryParasiteNextStage failed  " in your error log, that means one of these conditions is met.

If you don't see that error message, look for this error message instead:

[SLP]    Bad luck - try again later : " + itriggerNextStageChaurusQueen

I can see a couple of possible sources of issue:

1- If you ride around everywhere on a horse, most of the 'flare up' events will be intercepted and cancelled.

2- Sometimes, SexLab gets stuck and incorrectly reports you as 'active' when you are not. Look in the SexLab debug menu for ways to clear your state if that is the case.

3- You could have devious devices incorrectly removed. Make sure you don't have anything on that could interfere with the flares.

21 hours ago, DeepBlueFrog said:

I will check the conditions again for that stage.

Edit: Look in your error logs. 

After stage 290, the random effects will be applied unless one of these conditions are met:

[SLP]    Player is busy 
[SLP]     IsBleedingOut: " + PlayerActor.IsBleedingOut()  
[SLP]     IsDead: " + PlayerActor.IsDead()  
[SLP]     IsOnMount: " + PlayerActor.IsOnMount()  
[SLP]     IsFlying: " + PlayerActor.IsFlying() 
[SLP]     IsUnconscious: " + PlayerActor.IsUnconscious()  
[SLP]     Game.IsActivateControlsEnabled: " + Game.IsActivateControlsEnabled() 
[SLP]     SexLab.IsActorActive: " + SexLab.IsActorActive(PlayerActor) 

If you see "[SLP] tryParasiteNextStage failed  " in your error log, that means one of these conditions is met.

If you don't see that error message, look for this error message instead:

[SLP]    Bad luck - try again later : " + itriggerNextStageChaurusQueen

I can see a couple of possible sources of issue:

1- If you ride around everywhere on a horse, most of the 'flare up' events will be intercepted and cancelled.

2- Sometimes, SexLab gets stuck and incorrectly reports you as 'active' when you are not. Look in the SexLab debug menu for ways to clear your state if that is the case.

3- You could have devious devices incorrectly removed. Make sure you don't have anything on that could interfere with the flares.

Stupid question. But where i can find/see the error logs? (InGame or in the skyrim archives in any folder?)

I m new to this kind of error finding.

I will check devious devices. This mod seems to mess up any playthrough i do.

1 hour ago, DefaultType said:

Stupid question. But where i can find/see the error logs? (InGame or in the skyrim archives in any folder?)

I m new to this kind of error finding.

I will check devious devices. This mod seems to mess up any playthrough i do.

You can find a summary here: 

https://github.com/SkyrimLL/SDPlus/wiki/FAQ#q-you-said-something-about-papyrus-logs-how-do-i-do-that

Is there any way to upgrade armor? Cause it doesn't feel like it can be compared with armor that we can make/get in vanilla game. Not to mention that Heavy/Light armor perks doesn't work on both armors, Kinda dissapointed by that :c

UPD: oh, yeah, and I think that it would be nice to give high heel sound to at least light chaurus armor. In my game I just copied sounds from restrictive boots of DDE.

UPD2: and what the purpose of the Queen Heart?

44 minutes ago, 0XWOLKX0 said:

Is there any way to upgrade armor? Cause it doesn't feel like it can be compared with armor that we can make/get in vanilla game. Not to mention that Heavy/Light armor perks doesn't work on both armors, Kinda dissapointed by that :c

UPD: oh, yeah, and I think that it would be nice to give high heel sound to at least light chaurus armor. In my game I just copied sounds from restrictive boots of DDE.

UPD2: and what the purpose of the Queen Heart?

I didn't want to make the armor too overpowered since it is difficult to predict how far along you are in your game. 

If anyone has pointers to make the armor scale better with the player, I would be happy to improve it.

Adding sounds from DDE is a problem since DDE is not a required mod to Parasites. I will see if I can use sounds from Vanilla armors instead.

The Queen Heart is just a collector item for your house right now. 

I may use it later if I get around to doing a follow up quest after you become queen.

18 minutes ago, DeepBlueFrog said:

I didn't want to make the armor too overpowered since it is difficult to predict how far along you are in your game. 

If anyone has pointers to make the armor scale better with the player, I would be happy to improve it.

I thought about simple smithing by Chaurus chitins
Well, and allowing Light/Heavy skill trees to affect Chaurus Armor/Chaurus Queen Armor mightn't hurt, might it?

I've completed this quest just a few moments ago and want to say that it was kinda interesting while armors looks nice (well, Queen open zone near breasts kinda ruin overall look, but still good), so good job!

1 hour ago, 0XWOLKX0 said:

I thought about simple smithing by Chaurus chitins
Well, and allowing Light/Heavy skill trees to affect Chaurus Armor/Chaurus Queen Armor mightn't hurt, might it?

I've completed this quest just a few moments ago and want to say that it was kinda interesting while armors looks nice (well, Queen open zone near breasts kinda ruin overall look, but still good), so good job!

It depends on which armor mesh you really have downloaded since I know folks did a few replacers... if you're referring to this one then I'd agree that closing up the exposed human-ish parts to make them seem more chaurus-like.
image.png

2 hours ago, skyrimdragon said:

It depends on which armor mesh you really have downloaded since I know folks did a few replacers... if you're referring to this one then I'd agree that closing up the exposed human-ish parts to make them seem more chaurus-like.

Yep, I'm about this one. Btw, helmet looks scary

19 hours ago, DeepBlueFrog said:

What if we get skill tree like Vampires/Werewolfs to evolve Queen armor?
To gain expirience you would need eat food/eat creatures/"eat creatures"
All skills there may cost not only point, but also max base health (cause parasites use you mainly as a food, but the more you evolve - the more you and parasite become the whole)
For the skills, I thought about:
1.Additional damage for unarmed attacks
2.Weapon in armor (something bladelike from your hands)
3.Once a day you generate poison/ingridient for poisons
4.Swarm size that is directly under your control (like creatures that you conjure)
5.Passive poison on your unarmed/blade-like weapon from skill
6.Immunity to other parasites (cause your parasite doesn't like to share it's pray)
7.Raising amount of armor points in selected armor (Light/Heavy) (I'm talking about parasite armor, not ordinary)
8.Thorns on attack
9.Poison thorns on attack
10.Your poison is more deadly at cost of stamina regeneration rate
11.You finally can infect creatures with parasite (by spit attack/sex). Once a day you can infect someone with specific parasite that would kill it's pray after sometime (how about HP/100 days?). Or improve creature. Depends on your luck. You would gain marker on map where you infected creature/where it is now. After death by parasite/death of improved creature by your hand creature would left something special. What it is depends on creature size (you can bind drop to soul gems size that creature usually fill). For example it might be food that give you more exp than usual, or it might be new creature (for e.x. : infect skeever to gain small chaurus eggs, scroll-like, spawn 3 of small chauruses that live 180 sec (similar to conj. follower spells)). You could raise this skill several times to raise cap of creatures you can infect (lesser/common/big/grand)/time it needs to gain control over it's pray/never improves it's pray.

12. You can infect dragons. When they die (by parasite), you take item, that after consuming will perm. raise your unarmed attack damage by 2 / armor rating of parasite armor by 1 (or 2) / armor rating of Queen armor by 3

What do you think?

UPD: Btw, I guess you should buff armor somehow just cause parasite forces you to use it (sometimes your clothes got removed cause of parasite) and it's play on nerves in fight or in towns
And about new armor sound... well, it doesn't sound as heels to be honest. But thanks for considering anyway :D

6 hours ago, 0XWOLKX0 said:

What if we get skill tree like Vampires/Werewolfs to evolve Queen armor?
To gain expirience you would need eat food/eat creatures/"eat creatures"
All skills there may cost not only point, but also max base health (cause parasites use you mainly as a food, but the more you evolve - the more you and parasite become the whole)
4.Swarm size that is directly under your control (like creatures that you conjure)
6.Immunity to other parasites (cause your parasite doesn't like to share it's pray)
7.Raising amount of armor points in selected armor (Light/Heavy) (I'm talking about parasite armor, not ordinary)
8.Thorns on attack
11.You finally can infect creatures with parasite (by spit attack/sex). Once a day you can infect someone with specific parasite that would kill it's pray after sometime (how about HP/100 days?). Or improve creature. Depends on your luck. You would gain marker on map where you infected creature/where it is now. After death by parasite/death of improved creature by your hand creature would left something special. What it is depends on creature size (you can bind drop to soul gems size that creature usually fill). For example it might be food that give you more exp than usual, or it might be new creature (for e.x. : infect skeever to gain small chaurus eggs, scroll-like, spawn 3 of small chauruses that live 180 sec (similar to conj. follower spells)). You could raise this skill several times to raise cap of creatures you can infect (lesser/common/big/grand)/time it needs to gain control over it's pray/never improves it's pray.

12. You can infect dragons. When they die (by parasite), you take item, that after consuming will perm. raise your unarmed attack damage by 2 / armor rating of parasite armor by 1 (or 2) / armor rating of Queen armor by 3

What do you think?

UPD: Btw, I guess you should buff armor somehow just cause parasite forces you to use it (sometimes your clothes got removed cause of parasite) and it's play on nerves in fight or in towns
And about new armor sound... well, it doesn't sound as heels to be honest. But thanks for considering anyway :D

Lots of good ideas there. I will reply to each one below.

Simulate claws. Got it.

I was thinking about some kind of organic bound armor/weapon at some point for claws or spikes. The problem there is to find the right models that can be reused in a mod with permission.

That's an interesting idea.

Better swarm control is something I need to add.

I did add a slider in the menu to help with that.

That's similar to 1 with damage over time. I might combine the two.

There's already a little bit of it in the mod, but mostly because of slot management. I tried to keep things open to not force strict rules on which parasite people may or many not have as a Queen (You can already set the chance of infection to 0 to have your own mix of immunity).

I used the default values from Leather and Ebony armors. I need to learn how to make them scale better with the player.

8.Thorns on attack

The latest version should have a chance of poison cloak or stone flesh ward automatically applied when the player is hit. It is new and untested, 

It would be nice to have a custom Ice spell with black texture to simulate thorns at some point.

I may need help from a mesh designer for the 'ice as thorns' mesh.

I am also thinking of a spell that allows you to consume chaurus or spider eggs in exchange of Health.

A similar idea could be applied to consume eggs for a temporary buff to toxicity.

If you have Estrus Chaurus installed, you can already infect NPCs from your Chaurus Spit attack.

It would be a cool effect to have a chance to infect NPCs from sex with them.

I don't like managing quest markers, especially mobile ones, so don't expect much on that point :)

That idea doesn't appeal to me much, but it gave me the idea to possibly detect a dragon soul was recently absorbed and give the Queen an increase in damage / poison or armor.

Or maybe a chance of a larger chaurus for your brood (a reaper).

12 hours ago, BAB PEEG said:

Don't suppose there are touched by dibella body files for this anywhere?

Unless someone else did it and I don't know about it, I don't think so.

I am not using Touched by Dibella in my mod list.

4 hours ago, DeepBlueFrog said:

I was thinking about some kind of organic bound armor/weapon at some point for claws or spikes.

I tried something like that a while ago :astonished:

The idea was to make it function as a bound one-handed sword.

I only made the mesh and never finished it :sweat_smile:

Could be interesting to look at it again...

Blade.jpg.8971f73fdc74fc528a8671e85b9a1a96.jpg

14 minutes ago, MystOfDawn said:

That looks like quite a curious blade there but it makes me wonder, wouldn't something more akin to a stinger be more appropriate?

16 minutes ago, MystOfDawn said:

Interesting... if the blade could be shortened a bit, it could be a great organic equivalent to the Assassin Creed hidden blade 

There are two basic models ... one under the wrist and the other above.

image.png

5 hours ago, DeepBlueFrog said:

That idea doesn't appeal to me much, but it gave me the idea to possibly detect a dragon soul was recently absorbed and give the Queen an increase in damage / poison or armor.

Or maybe a chance of a larger chaurus for your brood (a reaper).

Could "larger chaurus for your brood" also be a "Chaurus Dragon"? ?

(yes, I know that sounds very crazy being able to turn every actor in Skyrim into chaurus. It's just my imagination speaking loudly ?)

2 hours ago, wilks82 said:

Deep, I was just wondering. Does your Dragonborn have to be female to fully enjoy this mod? Or could you be male with female followers?

Initially I wanted Lastelle to be the queen and the player just a helper (male or female) but the interactions were too difficult to pull off.

The first part of the quest is open to male and female.. but once you see what happens to Lastelle, the rest of the quest is only for a female character.

2 hours ago, Vaccinated Alligator said:

Could "larger chaurus for your brood" also be a "Chaurus Dragon"? ?

(yes, I know that sounds very crazy being able to turn every actor in Skyrim into chaurus. It's just my imagination speaking loudly ?)

There is only one chaurus dragon and that’s the old queen.

At this point I would rather finish the Spriggan quest and fix little things rather than start a big change in the mod mechanics.