LadyHorus TERA Armor for UUNP Females and Vanilla Males (ver 2.9, 4-9-2021)

I've finally found the time to look at you mod, and I must say I was very disappointed by it. All body parts that are hidden by armor are cut out. That's a very easy way to avoid clipping but doesn't allow for any customization.

Then delete the zap slider responsible for zapping the parts of the body? Or modify the zap slider? It's extremely easy to do in Outfit Studio... Look up some tutorials.

Kind of rude to dismiss the entire mod just because of something that's very easy to customize. I did my best to conform the armors to the body beneath it, spent hours upon hours of work making sure they worked with EVERY slider set. Much more than most Bodyslide modders are willing to do especially for UUNP.

If you ever investigate how other modders usually do Bodyslide outfits, you'll notice that most of the time the outfit is pretty much floating away from the body (IE, you can see into bras from certain angles, the outfits don't conform to the body even when it should etc). They can get away with leaving the full body in-tact beneath the outfit because of this reason. Mine however cannot, so I cut out polygons under the areas that were covered to avoid clipping.

If you want to go in and delete parts of the outfit so more skin shows, you may as well learn how to use the program. w33beaste1e did this earlier in the thread when they edited the textures to show more skin beneath it. They either deleted the zap slider I'd created or edited it in some way. It isn't hard. It takes like two seconds.

-----------------------------------

-----------------------------------

Do I need to put up tutorials for how to do things in Outfit Studio/Creation Kit so people stop asking me about this sort of stuff? Seems like a lot of people don't know how to use Bodyslide or Outfit Studio. Yet it seems like my thread is the one that is asked all these questions. All the answers are already written for you in the instructions and FAQ on the Bodyslide/Outfit Studio mod page over on Nexus. Please read it thoroughly. There are also tutorials up on Youtube. This is how I learned to do this in the first place, and if I had a question that didn't seem to be answered, I asked on the Bodyslide mod comments page and usually got an answer about it.

Also, there's an FAQ too where I try to answer most questions (about my mod) in the first post. Please, before you start complaining, do some research?

Thanks.

PS: I wont be porting this over to Skyrim Special Edition until SKSE is updated to work with it. And even then I don't know if I will be. Guess it depends if there's demand for it or not.

Please understand that I'm not mad at all of you. I'm very thankful for the positive feedback that this has received. I held back saying this for quite some time because I thought that people would be courteous enough to do their own research and take the necessary steps to do what they want just like I would. A few people know their way around Bodyslide and thus didn't criticize for things they knew how to do themselves since they wanted to make their own customizations, and didn't hold it against me or this mod. I think that's great, and honestly I wish more people did things that way.

As far as legitimate critique or suggestions go, I'm thankful for that too. Like changing armor values or adding more armor types etc. These are things I am planning on doing whenever I pick back up on this mod again. I'm sorry that I wont be adding a lootlist for this mod, it is simply too much work than I have time for, especially if I ever want to add more armor to this (which on its own takes a bajillion hours). Maybe eventually when I have the mod "evened out" (as in, even amounts for each armor type: heavy, light, robe) then I will start to consider it.

@Lady Horus

Don't give up doing what you want to do.  You can not please everyone and do not fall into that trap. 

Thanks, I appreciate it. :)

I'm sorry but I don't want to learn how to use bodyslide and I'm perfectly ok with how everybody else is doing the UUNP bodyslide outfits.

Well then there's no point in complaining about something you're unwilling to learn to do yourself, is there? I appreciated you encouraging me to do this UUNP conversion in the first place as I did learn a lot, but you can't expect me to do every little customization for you. If there's something you want done specifically for your own use then it's up to you to do it, I'm not about to bow to every persons' different tastes. Plus I feel I already pretty much did that by making this UUNP in the first place. 40+ sliders per armor is nothing to scoff at lol.

I don't think that everybody could or should learn to do everything, and that's why we live in communities and we Skyrim players have a community of our own. Somebody do something, and somebody else modify that something, to make it better or just different, and that's how things work. I already know how to modify textures, to some extent (I'm not very good, but that's another story) and I can work with TES5edit and that's all I want to learn.

Said that, I can assure you, you've misinterpreted me again: I',m not asking you to do anything, as has always been. I understand perfectly well the amount of time you put into this big project, and I'm not asking to waste anymore of your free time, but is exactly all the time you've spent and the big and beautiful project that you have created, more than anything, that make me cry, because it could have been a great mod for me (I stress on the word "for me", it's obviously a great mod) and instead it's not.

So, just to be clear, I'm not complaining, I'm just giving you a feedback, something that I never had the luck of receiving for my own mod that is long closed and I don't even know why. :)

I don't think that everybody could or should learn to do everything, and that's why we live in communities and we Skyrim players have a community of our own. Somebody do something, and somebody else modify that something, to make it better or just different, and that's how things work. I already know how to modify textures, to some extent (I'm not very good, but that's another story) and I can work with TES5edit and that's all I want to learn.

Said that, I can assure you, you've misinterpreted me again: I',m not asking you to do anything, as has always been. I understand perfectly well the amount of time you put into this big project, and I'm not asking to waste anymore of your free time, but is exactly all the time you've spent and the big and beautiful project that you have created, more than anything, that make me cry, because it could have been a great mod for me (I stress on the word "for me", it's obviously a great mod) and instead it's not.

So, just to be clear, I'm not complaining, I'm just giving you a feedback, something that I never had the luck of receiving for my own mod that is long closed and I don't even know why. :)

Ah, okay. Well, your wording before sounded rather harsh to me when I read it. :/ I'm sorry that it couldn't be what you were looking for. As I said, deleting zap sliders is quite easy to do, easier than editing textures or making new zap sliders in my opinion. As I said, you just select the slider to edit it and use the menu to remove it (in Outfit Studio). Pretty easy. So if you ever decide to venture out of your comfort zone, it is possible to do.

Until then, I'm afraid I have no plans to change the zap sliders. Without using them, it would've meant that much more work for me (far more than you realize perhaps). I would've had to not only adjust every slider even more, but also to edit the weight painting even more in 3DSMax to ensure there was minimal to no clipping. Which is far harder to do and much more time consuming... I simply don't have that kind of patience lol. Especially to accomplish something which in my opinion, is a very small advantage. If people want to skimpify even more (which this is LL so I guess I'm not surprised) I'll leave it up to them. My intention with this mod wasn't to make the armor even skimpier, I simply wanted to convert the armors as they were intended from TERA.

I must say thank you for you mod, it works flawless.

And the bellynode is perfect.

All that whines in the tread about it dont work should actually try to learn how to mod, and dont blame their mistakes on others.

And please dont make it more skimpy. It is good as it is.

Cheers Lady Horus

Wow, all I can say is thank you for your hard work on this, the armors are simply beautiful! The Rogue armor is my personal favorite, but they are all great! Bodyslide works perfectly, belly and all, don't understand why others are having problems. I think the way you fit the armors on the body is brilliant, makes them work much better than the floating clothes.

Thank you again, this armor set has earned its way into my permanent load order, which as far as armors go is a big feat. Not that I'm anyone special, but I can get picky about my armors.

Here's a few shots of my personal favorites.

post-1076484-0-31147600-1482032231_thumb.jpg post-1076484-0-70739600-1482032242_thumb.jpg post-1076484-0-71110500-1482032251_thumb.jpg

Would it be possible for the Tera Armor to work with CBBE?!  Also since its not CBBE is the armor invisible or is did i install it wrong?

@Sonsuka: Sorry but it's only for UUNP (I heard somebody wanted convert it to CBBE Bodyslide, but I ain't seen or heard of him/her since LadyHorus come there, with her/his mods form Nexus).

Or try to convert to CBBE Bodyslide by yourself. There are many BodySlide tutorials (like this: https://tesmistel.tumblr.com/post/149567999810/outfit-studio-conversion-guide (ouh It's form CBBE to UUNP, but It maybe can give idea how process of conversion looks)).

To make those armours work: Intall BodySlide with UUNP body, install this mod and build body in Bodyslide (just read description of this mod).

@LadyHorus: I love your mods so much. Keep doing your great work. People always like to nitpick anything, don't worry about those people, because, you know, You can't make everyone satisfied.

(Sorry for my English. It's my second language)

Would it be possible for the Tera Armor to work with CBBE?!  Also since its not CBBE is the armor invisible or is did i install it wrong?

@Sonsuka: Sorry but it's only for UUNP (I heard somebody wanted convert it to CBBE Bodyslide, but I ain't seen or heard of him/her since LadyHorus come there, with her/his mods form Nexus).

Or try to convert to CBBE Bodyslide by yourself. There are many BodySlide tutorials (like this: https://tesmistel.tumblr.com/post/149567999810/outfit-studio-conversion-guide (ouh It's form CBBE to UUNP, but It maybe can give idea how process of conversion looks)).

To make those armours work: Intall BodySlide with UUNP body, install this mod and build body in Bodyslide (just read description of this mod).

@LadyHorus: I love your mods so much. Keep doing your great work. People always like to nitpick anything, don't worry about those people, because, you know, You can't make everyone satisfied.

(Sorry for my English. It's my second language)

They are posted individually in this thread http://www.loverslab.com/topic/24385-outfit-studiobodyslide-2-cbbe-conversions try starting around page 119 of it and going forward and backward to get them all.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks guys for the compliments and encouragement. I don't mean to come off in a bad way. :s I imagine my post a little ways back didn't paint a great picture of me. I just get a little I dunno, overwhelmed I guess? It's not apparent in the thread necessarily but, I have gotten some PMs about this as well and it sorta adds up. I'm glad people like what I did here enough to continue using it though. I try to do good work and I'm glad it's recognized for such, I just can't please everyone of course (as someone else said already).

Sorry updates are non-existant. I just haven't had the inspiration hit me in quite some time... plus when I do start working on modding it consumes all my time since I have a hard time thinking of other things lol. So I'm more or less just trying to stay focused on more important things in my personal life than modding for the time being.

• 2 weeks later...

When I give any armour to my female followers, the body turns invisible. Is it because I have UNPB? I'm asking because I've previously used other armours that weren't specifically for UNPB but they worked.

Male version works fine.

Forgive my ignorance, I'm new to modding.

When I give any armour to my female followers, the body turns invisible. Is it because I have UNPB? I'm asking because I've previously used other armours that weren't specifically for UNPB but they worked.

Male version works fine.

You need Bodyslide and run it to build the armors (they have a UNPB preset you can use). I have answered this in my Installation instructions and FAQ in the first post of this thread, as well. If you have questions about how to use Bodyslide, you can find instructions on it on the mod page for Bodyslide.

Male version works fine.

You need Bodyslide and run it to build the armors (they have a UNPB preset you can use). I have answered this in my Installation instructions and FAQ in the first post of this thread, as well. If you have questions about how to use Bodyslide, you can find instructions on it on the mod page for Bodyslide.

I have it but I've never really used it. Thanks, I'll try it now. Anyway, let me already say that it's a great mod, so thank you for all the work.

Hey LadyHorus, I got a quick question for you. I noticed that you managed to delete parts of the male bodies for a lot of the armors so they will not clip. My question is how did you do that for both the _0 and _1 meshes without them exploding ingame? I tried doing that once, but in order for Skyrim's slider to work properly with these armors, the meshes for the "partial bodies" have to match 100% with each other, and that's really hard and time consuming to do for multiple armors

For the female armors, I can just use bodyslide to mask certain bodyparts that I know will usually clip (mostly the breast, legs and armpits areas), but as far as I know there is no Bodyslide for male (or maybe there is and I just don't know of their existence)

I'm hoping that your answer would be a new trick that you know how to do that will not be tedious. I used to make them manually in 3ds max two meshes per armor to make them slider compatible and pray to God that they work ingame. After I discovered Bodyslide, I never have to go back to that dark place again for female characters, but male characters are another story entirely

EDIT: I realized I probably would get a faster answer by PM'ing you. So if you see this duplicate message, ignore it :P

Hey LadyHorus, I got a quick question for you. I noticed that you managed to delete parts of the male bodies for a lot of the armors so they will not clip. My question is how did you do that for both the _0 and _1 meshes without them exploding ingame? I tried doing that once, but in order for Skyrim's slider to work properly with these armors, the meshes for the "partial bodies" have to match 100% with each other, and that's really hard and time consuming to do for multiple armors

For the female armors, I can just use bodyslide to mask certain bodyparts that I know will usually clip (mostly the breast, legs and armpits areas), but as far as I know there is no Bodyslide for male (or maybe there is and I just don't know of their existence)

I'm hoping that your answer would be a new trick that you know how to do that will not be tedious. I used to make them manually in 3ds max two meshes per armor to make them slider compatible and pray to God that they work ingame. After I discovered Bodyslide, I never have to go back to that dark place again for female characters, but male characters are another story entirely

Oh hey. :D No problem at all. I do it in 3DS Max too for male bodies. Basically you just load up one of the male bodies, delete the BSDismember modifier. With the Editable Mesh selected, select the faces you want to delete. Delete them, then use a smooth modifier on the Editable mesh like usual. Add a BSDismember modifier again (with Skin selected in the pane) and determine the BSDismember according to how you want it to separate the body (body, forearms, calves etc). This stuff you probably know already.

Basically that's all there is to it. Then you just have to do the same thing again with the 100 weight mesh. Which can be the more tedious part. But at least with the vanilla male body there are less polygons and it's easier to keep track of. I agree Bodyslide is a life saver when it comes to this. I downloaded someone's male Bodyslide mod but I have not tested it... it was here on LL I believe. But I don't remember where I saw it unfortunately. :( From what I remember reading, it was largely unfinished anyway so, there's nothing quite as supported as CBBE/UUNP is. I imagine less so since SSE is the next new thing at the moment.

Anyway I hope that helps. If you need me to explain anything further just let me know. I assumed that you're pretty knowledgeable already but I'm happy to give more detailed steps if you need me to.

Oh hey. :D No problem at all. I do it in 3DS Max too for male bodies. Basically you just load up one of the male bodies, delete the BSDismember modifier. With the Editable Mesh selected, select the faces you want to delete. Delete them, then use a smooth modifier on the Editable mesh like usual. Add a BSDismember modifier again (with Skin selected in the pane) and determine the BSDismember according to how you want it to separate the body (body, forearms, calves etc). This stuff you probably know already.

Basically that's all there is to it. Then you just have to do the same thing again with the 100 weight mesh. Which can be the more tedious part. But at least with the vanilla male body there are less polygons and it's easier to keep track of. I agree Bodyslide is a life saver when it comes to this. I downloaded someone's male Bodyslide mod but I have not tested it... it was here on LL I believe. But I don't remember where I saw it unfortunately. :( From what I remember reading, it was largely unfinished anyway so, there's nothing quite as supported as CBBE/UUNP is. I imagine less so since SSE is the next new thing at the moment.

Anyway I hope that helps. If you need me to explain anything further just let me know. I assumed that you're pretty knowledgeable already but I'm happy to give more detailed steps if you need me to.

What I do is:

When I've finished one of the weights (I usually do the 0 first), I import both male-body-weight meshes, collapse them, and setup a Morpher modifier on the 0 to transform into the 100. Then I put a Skin Wrap modifier on my actual body I've cut pieces out of, and Add(Skin Wrap) the 0 weight mesh I just added the Morpher modifier to. The skin wrap should work extremely well, since all the vertices are in exactly the same place as the whole 0 mesh, some are just missing. Then you just turn up the dial on the Morpher modifer to transform it into the 100, and the custom mesh should morph with it. You can do something similar with the armor pieces to give yourself a head start on the other weight, but results may vary.

For the Nifskope stuff, I've been known to only setup one of them and using NifMerge to generate the other. But since it wasn't designed to work on armors, I'm reluctant to suggest it to others. It's always safer to do it by hand.

What I do is:

When I've finished one of the weights (I usually do the 0 first), I import both male-body-weight meshes, collapse them, and setup a Morpher modifier on the 0 to transform into the 100. Then I put a Skin Wrap modifier on my actual body I've cut pieces out of, and Add(Skin Wrap) the 0 weight mesh I just added the Morpher modifier to. The skin wrap should work extremely well, since all the vertices are in exactly the same place as the whole 0 mesh, some are just missing. Then you just turn up the dial on the Morpher modifer to transform it into the 100, and the custom mesh should morph with it. You can do something similar with the armor pieces to give yourself a head start on the other weight, but results may vary.

For the Nifskope stuff, I've been known to only setup one of them and using NifMerge to generate the other. But since it wasn't designed to work on armors, I'm reluctant to suggest it to others. It's always safer to do it by hand.

Ah, thanks. :) Honestly I never learned how to do morphers though I've wanted to. I'll have to try this out the next time I do some conversions.

What I do is:

Interesting method. I tried it and it seems I might be doing something wrong. The 0 body mesh can morph into the 1 body mesh eprfectly fine, but I can't seems to get anything else to morph along with it like you said. Not the cut up body mesh or any armor mesh. I made sure that I add the morphed body mesh as the skinwrap target for those other meshes, but when I turn up the morpher dial, only the 0 mesh with the morpher modifier will change, the rest will stay the same. Is there a specficic thing here that I should be aware of?

• 1 month later...

This is the most passive-aggressive post I have ever seen in a feedback post. Lol check yourself before spouting off on what you deem is critique.

By the way, you not wanting to learn Bodyslide? I'll have you know that I am NOT a modder and I learned how to use Bodyslide by experimenting and watching Youtube tutorials. Don't try to pin on LadyHorus that you can't use the mod because of your refusal to learn simple installation instructions.

I just came by to add Kudos to LadyHorus for her efforts on the TERA armor conversions and I just cannot let this spoiled comment slide by. 

• 2 weeks later...

This armor mod works with SEE. I did use bodyslide to customize the body and then ran the SSE Nif Optimizer on the bodyslide meshes and it is working just fine for me. TBBP is also working with the right assets installed....

• 3 weeks later...