LadyHorus TERA Armor for UUNP Females and Vanilla Males (ver 2.9, 4-9-2021)

Welcome back!

I'd like to request that the Stats on the Armor be brought in line with Vanilla Armor Stats.

It would help a great deal with managing the games difficulty as well it can get too easy when the armor values cap out the players damage resistance.

For a point of reference,

Daedric Armor is the best armor in the Vanilla Game with an Armor Value of 49.  Its also unlikely the player will ever actually find Daedric Armor and it does require a whole lot of excessive leveling as well as getting components that are fairly rare.

Steamforged Armor was the end all of Raid Armor for Tera Online.  It required another armor set to be first made which in itself was a massive amount of effort to get the matts for...

It would seem to me that Steamforged Armor should have an armor value of 49 as well, and require rare matts.

Manafire Armor which although was really cool armor was intermediate to the Endgame armor during its time...So an armor value of 41 seems kind of high in Skyrim for it.  Typical endgame armor in Skyrim is Dragonbone or DragonScale which is about around 41.

Attached to this post you will find a download that is a rebalanced ESP, the armors are now in line with Vanilla Stat Values, and also have GDO keywords.  I put keyword "weak" on some starter armors perhaps it will help simulate the MMO experience rofl....But really only 3 armors and only like the iron ones.

LadyHorus_TERA.7z

Welcome back!

I'd like to request that the Stats on the Armor be brought in line with Vanilla Armor Stats.

It would help a great deal with managing the games difficulty as well it can get too easy when the armor values cap out the players damage resistance.

For a point of reference,

Daedric Armor is the best armor in the Vanilla Game with an Armor Value of 49.  Its also unlikely the player will ever actually find Daedric Armor and it does require a whole lot of excessive leveling as well as getting components that are fairly rare.

Steamforged Armor was the end all of Raid Armor for Tera Online.  It required another armor set to be first made which in itself was a massive amount of effort to get the matts for...

It would seem to me that Steamforged Armor should have an armor value of 49 as well, and require rare matts.

Manafire Armor which although was really cool armor was intermediate to the Endgame armor during its time...So an armor value of 41 seems kind of high in Skyrim for it.  Typical endgame armor in Skyrim is Dragonbone or DragonScale which is about around 41.

Some good points. :) I based a lot of the stat choices around Asianboy's mod, though admittedly I probably should've made some of the crafting a bit more difficult (in that it should require more materials).

I wasn't on Tera when Steamforged was more than just a skin, so honestly I wasn't aware of that.

Thanks for the input, I'll take it into consideration. ^_^ But don't be afraid to edit them for your own game, that's perfectly fine with me. :)

----

@Arthacs Thanks very much! I hope you enjoy them. :)

@damaskos Sorry but that's beyond my abilities. The original textures from Tera for bodies wouldn't look anything like they do for Skyrim. It'd look rather flat and inorganic by comparison (much like it does in the actual Tera game). Someone would have to make custom textures for Skyrim to include the arcanic scarring (or whatever it's called) and that's not something within my abilities. I could do it... but the .dds format I save with tends to lose a lot of the details when I export (not really sure how) and thus, the textures wouldn't look very good.

lovely thanks for uploading appreciate it these look amazing can't wait to see them in game, aghh its killing me the remastered version isn't out yet I hate waiting D:

Oh I see,

The original Steamforged Armors were basically elite status mode.

Thing is that in Skyrim a lot of players never make it too much armor beyond say Heavy Orc Armor...likely due to bugging out the game by just adding removing mods.

The easiest way to balance added mod armor is just to decide on what the tier progression should be and then borrow the Stats directly from the Skyrim.ESM and also the construction data for deciding on what matts to use.  Don't forget to borrow the amount of weight as well....If armor is too light or too heavy that can unbalance gameplay as well.

The trouble with basing the armor value on another mod is that....They usually put the best stats ever on the items so when we play the game we end up with an armor that is Daedric Level or better in most cases....I once had a pair of boots that were 2 times the quality of a Daedric Chest piece and I kept wondering why the game was so boring.

Very nice mod. I've only tried a few of the armors, but they look damn good.

post-62699-0-15326400-1475826248_thumb.png

Although I've noticed an issue with the Rogue set - the curiass seems to have issues in first person, mostly when moving or when spells/weapons are readied. I believe this goes for all three. 

attachicon.gifRogueEliteVarient.png

Although I've noticed an issue with the Rogue set - the curiass seems to have issues in first person, mostly when moving or when spells/weapons are readied. I believe this goes for all three. 

Yeah... quite a few of them will since I ditched generating 1st Person files in Bodyslide to reduce filesize. Basically what that means is there's no difference between what's used for 1st person vs 3rd. The neck (any turtle-neck style shirt) will have clipping in first person during certain animations or actions. It's not something that I can change unless I restored 1st Person meshes needing to be generated, which honestly it bogged down the mod a lot before. I'm a bit reluctant to go back.

My only advice is to just avoid jumping up and down while staring straight up into the sky, or any other drastic animations that makes the "head" move up and down in such a way.

Edit: Unless of course you're talking about some other bug in 1st person. What exactly was the issue you were having?

Oh I see,

Thing is that in Skyrim a lot of players never make it too much armor beyond say Heavy Orc Armor...likely due to bugging out the game by just adding removing mods.

The easiest way to balance added mod armor is just to decide on what the tier progression should be and then borrow the Stats directly from the Skyrim.ESM and also the construction data for deciding on what matts to use.  Don't forget to borrow the amount of weight as well....If armor is too light or too heavy that can unbalance gameplay as well.

The trouble with basing the armor value on another mod is that....They usually put the best stats ever on the items so when we play the game we end up with an armor that is Daedric Level or better in most cases....I once had a pair of boots that were 2 times the quality of a Daedric Chest piece and I kept wondering why the game was so boring.

Ah, yeah that's a good point. :) Back when I first got Skyrim, Asianboy's TERA armor was one of the first mods I ever installed, so I might not even really realize how overpowered some of it might be. I know his "ultimate" stat stuff (Dreamguard as I named it in mine) is definitely very powerful though.

Anyway, I'll see about balancing out some of the armors a bit better. :) At the moment I don't remember off the top of my head what stats I put on Steamforged. Though I wanna say it was Ebony level if not better (just in Dwarven material because I wanted to match what the armor material looked like). I'd thought that by requiring Dwarven Oil it'd at least require some effort by the player (unless you've run through a lot of Dwarven ruins before learning Dwarven crafting I guess, but I can't say I normally do that myself). I'll see about adding some more difficult materials though... I'd like to keep it to where it at least makes some sense.

A lot of the armors I based more on their looks rather than when in Tera you wear them. Which is why Abyss was ranked Daedric since it has a sort of "sinister" look to it. Although I do have way too many Dwarven material armors.. Maybe the mod would benefit from having a larger variety.

Yeah... quite a few of them will since I ditched generating 1st Person files in Bodyslide to reduce filesize. Basically what that means is there's no difference between what's used for 1st person vs 3rd. The neck (any turtle-neck style shirt) will have clipping in first person during certain animations or actions. It's not something that I can change unless I restored 1st Person meshes needing to be generated, which honestly it bogged down the mod a lot before. I'm a bit reluctant to go back.

My only advice is to just avoid jumping up and down while staring straight up into the sky, or any other drastic animations that makes the "head" move up and down in such a way.

Edit: Unless of course you're talking about some other bug in 1st person. What exactly was the issue you were having?

Oh I see,

Ah, yeah that's a good point. :) Back when I first got Skyrim, Asianboy's TERA armor was one of the first mods I ever installed, so I might not even really realize how overpowered some of it might be. I know his "ultimate" stat stuff (Dreamguard as I named it in mine) is definitely very powerful though.

Anyway, I'll see about balancing out some of the armors a bit better. :) At the moment I don't remember off the top of my head what stats I put on Steamforged. Though I wanna say it was Ebony level if not better (just in Dwarven material because I wanted to match what the armor material looked like). I'd thought that by requiring Dwarven Oil it'd at least require some effort by the player (unless you've run through a lot of Dwarven ruins before learning Dwarven crafting I guess, but I can't say I normally do that myself). I'll see about adding some more difficult materials though... I'd like to keep it to where it at least makes some sense.

A lot of the armors I based more on their looks rather than when in Tera you wear them. Which is why Abyss was ranked Daedric since it has a sort of "sinister" look to it. Although I do have way too many Dwarven material armors.. Maybe the mod would benefit from having a larger variety.

Already adjusting the ESP over here :D

That is it. Although it could be an issue between the meshes in this mod and Enhanced Camera, I'm not sure. That mod already has the game render part of the 3rd person body while in First(aside from the arms when spells or weapons are readied - though this can be changed in EC's ini to only show the 3rd person body and no 1st person meshes). Oddly I don't think I saw that problem with the Vulnus armor, although I could be wrong. 

Im currently adding keywords from GDO,

I can make it so that the Guards will comment on your low teir weak ass newb armor haha :D

Not kidding either its an option that exists!

Hah, I was wondering what I'd have to add to do that. :P Sounds fun!

I'm just dropping here that I appreciate this beautiful piece of (hard) work. It's really rare to see decent BodySlide conversions, even for a single armor. I have tried to do some on my own, so I know how painful this can be.

Thanks very much! It means a lot... it was an insane amount of work. Sometimes I regret going all in, since I will have to keep doing it for the rest of whatever other armors I decide to add. But it's worth it if it means it's useful for others and they get some enjoyment out of it. :)

Great to see TERA armors for UUNP! Thanks for your hard work! :)

You're welcome, and thank you! :)

Wow, nice to see these on loverslab :) you did an awesome job, I was a little alarmed when I saw they disappeared on the nexus. I know you said that you're okay with using these for follower mods with credit given, but would you be okay if in the future I use some of these for my follower mod and put it on the nexus? They wouldnt be playable, but they'd look awesome on some npcs I'm adding :D keep up the great work!

Hello Lady Horus,

Thank you for your efforts and the sets look amazing.  Awe.. pregnancy weights...  Still an awesome mod!  

Thank you again for your contribution to the community.  

They should have pregnancy support. I made sure of that in Bodyslide. What specifically does it entail that it's missing? I don't personally (and never will) use any prego mods, so it's largely untested, aside from messing with the sliders in Racemenu for testing purposes. I don't use belly physics either (as mentioned) so I don't know how well it turned out. If you have input please let me know, though I can't promise I'll go back and edit everything all over again.

Wow, nice to see these on loverslab :) you did an awesome job, I was a little alarmed when I saw they disappeared on the nexus. I know you said that you're okay with using these for follower mods with credit given, but would you be okay if in the future I use some of these for my follower mod and put it on the nexus? They wouldnt be playable, but they'd look awesome on some npcs I'm adding :D keep up the great work!

Thanks. :) Yeah, it wasn't the moderators on Nexus actually... I'd just learned that I needed individual permission when I read about it in a thread on here. So I got worried and took the mod down until I hear from En Masse Entertainment, though at this point I doubt that I ever will. They used to have good response time for customer service tickets and such but these days is another story.

Anyway, it's not an issue of wether I'd allow you to use them on Followers or not... it's more an issue of what Nexus would allow. There's currently a follower up there (was in Hot Files) using the Rogue set that I did, and I warned them not to be surprised if someone in the moderating team either took down the mod or contacted them. If I don't have permission to submit Tera Armor then by extension neither does anyone else who might want to use the armor that I've converted. It sucks and I wish the rules were set up differently but that's just how it goes.

I would hate for anyones' mods to be removed or worse, banned, because I didn't have adequate permissions. So just tread carefully. You've got my permission to use the armors as long as credit's provided for the conversion, but don't be surprised if a mod cracks down on it.

Hello Lady Horus,

Thank you for your efforts and the sets look amazing.  Awe.. pregnancy weights...  Still an awesome mod!  

Thank you again for your contribution to the community.  

They should have pregnancy support. I made sure of that in Bodyslide. What specifically does it entail that it's missing? I don't personally (and never will) use any prego mods, so it's largely untested, aside from messing with the sliders in Racemenu for testing purposes. I don't use belly physics either (as mentioned) so I don't know how well it turned out. If you have input please let me know, though I can't promise I'll go back and edit everything all over again.

Oh, I misread the description.  I will send you any bugs if I find them!  Sorry for the confusion.