IGNORED

Official Discord Chat Server

Ashal

Jesus christ, the pile up on someone who really fucking points out the discord issues, cant you guys actually act professional rather than try attack or sidetrack the actual issue that the discord server has obvious issues? Hell, people just block the trouble makers cause nothing is done to them, if the behavior for speaking up about this causes shit storm, no wonder not many do so.

I can get it if the moderators here have no interest in it if they dont use discord or are way, way too busy. But since it is accepted as part of the community as it seems, it should still be a responsibility to actually enforce it as part of it, if you guys dont want to or cant moderate it, atleast pick some sensible known people of community who know it that have the will to do it.

When it comes to moderating it:
You dont need to read everything, just check it, skim it, if you start to see obvious signs of something went down, then stop and read it and do the action.

Adding the moderator role call was a good first step, kudos for that. It would be also a good idea to repaste the rules in the discord as rules page so smart asses dont get cocky cause "its not on the discord, its not the same as the rest of the site doooh".

If it's needed, I can even give advice and post exsamples on moderating a community discord from the view of another big modding community I am part of, as a moderator.  The mods, admins, hell even developers actual take part in this discord to enforce if shit goes down.
It's really a lot about checking in, skimming, and making it actually sure the rules are seen and actually enforced.

I think this is just a coincidental result of us not really staying logged in as much as we used to and a few wiseguys taking advantage of the fact nobody reported them to the moderators. The reality of it is that I can barely spend a couple of minutes on discord a day, and that includes having a quick look around the other servers than LL I'm a part of. If I don't see a notificaton that I'm needed on the LL one, I assume everything's fine. It's been that way since the beginning.

People have shown themselves to be able to report things to us on the discord in the past 3-4 years, and now that the method is explicitly stated, there really is no point in further arguing that reporting shouldn't be necessary because it's the moderators' jobs to just have eyes on everything - that's just not how we see it.

otherwise-youre-part-of-the-problem.png

to quote @Cactaicacti "Jesus Christ".

bang1.gif

It is up to everybody to contribute, from users to moderators. 

Every report I have given to this site has been addressed in a very timely manner.  Take 2~3 seconds and report. It isn't hard. Be part of the solution, not part of the problem.  What is with everybody pointing to someone else these days and saying it is your problem? You need to fix it? Without even giving any info or assistance?  Give the moderators a chance to address the problem first before complain... .please!

Another famous saying "Are you the Hammer, or the nail ? "

I think it was already established people need to report things, so they're looked at.

You're just being redundant, at this point you may as well stick a sign to your head saying "moderators only: free blowjobs here. everyone else: vapid philosophy quotes"

Jesus.

35 minutes ago, megamantaray said:

I think it was already established people need to report things, so they're looked at.

You're just being redundant, at this point you may as well stick a sign to your head saying "moderators only: free blowjobs here. everyone else: vapid philosophy quotes"

Jesus.

and you are wasting time posting ... 

and it might be redundant ... however I am not being an asshole about it commenting about sticking a sign to my head and talking about blowjobs... pointing me out after several others commented after @gregathit made his statement... Why not a page ago? When it was first mentioned?  Huh? Seriously?

That was a real important statement.. you must feel really good about now.  You really are helping aren't you? Very Constructive!!!!!

Jesus.

• 1 year later...
20 hours ago, DracoMan671 said:

i would like to request a ban appeal, my account was compromised, i have since recovered and locked down the account. my account is DracoMan671#2251

Your account was used to spam discord phishing links, resuling in a prompt ban.

But, assuming you've properly regained access to your account, I've removed the ban and you should be able to rejoin now.

Do try not to give away your password to hackers again.