Name your absolute favorite character! (no anime)

Lizzy

That's an exceedingly difficult question... I can maybe answer it if I split it up by genre

Video games/ cartoons Dr Eggman, because robots are cool

TV shows, toss up between floki from vikings and strax from dr who

Movies, probably Alexander Delarge from a clockwork orange

Books, Winston Smith from 1984

Non fiction/history. Without question Gaius Iulius Caesar

Web series, Raul from the soddycast machinima series Psycho. 

That's tough, there's many. I can't possibly pick just one character even if I go by categories (movies, novels, games, etc).

But I can definitely name a couple (in no particular order):

- Liara T'Soni in the Mass Effect series (especially in the first one and the third one; wasn't a big fan of Liara in ME2).

- Leliana in the Dragon Age series (well, in Origins and in Inquisition, but I preferred her in Origins).

- Scorpion, Sub-Zero, Kitana, and more recently Cassie Cage in the Moral Kombat series (my absolute favorite, however, has always been Scorpion).

- Piccolo, Android 18, Freeza, Cell and Son Goku in the Dragon Ball Z series.

- Darth Vader, Yoda, Luke Skywalker and Han Solo in the original Star Wars trilogy (of course especially in Empire Strikes Back).

- Trinity in The Matrix trilogy.

- Odo, Jadzia Dax, and Elim Garak in the Star Trek: Deep Space Nine series.

- Samantha, Jack, Daniel and Teal'c in and the Stargate SG-1 series.

- Alan Grant and Ian Malcolm in the Jurassic Park trilogy (excluding Jurassic World).

- Wonder Woman in Batman V. Superman: Dawn of Justice.

- Faora in Man of Steel.

- Gandalf, Legolas, Gimli, Saruman, and Galadriel in the Lord of the Rings trilogy (films).

And many others, too many others lol.

• 2 weeks later...

Gotta be Jayne Cobb, the hero of Canton.

And Jeffrey Lebowsky. I mean the Dude.

And Tuco, the Ugly from The Good, The Bad and The Ugly.

And the Tramp, Charlie Chaplin's movie persona.

And Marge Gunderson from Fargo.

And so on, there are hundreds of characters I'm fond of.

Usually not game characters, I can't remember a single game story I really gave a shit about, lol.

Leto II Atreides

(or to be more precisely Frank Herbert)

I teach a lesson in responsibility...Membership in a conspiracy, as in an army, frees people from the sense of personal responsibility. Power attracts the psychotics. Always. That's what we have to avoid within ourselves.

Movies: Jack Sparrow

TV: Sheldon Cooper

Games: Kathy Rain

Quinlan from the tv show "The Strain". He's badass and I've a major crush on him.

74694523348447262a8271f906c5f8ba.gif

That's a twisted version of falling in love with the "bad" guy, but you'll get over it.

• 3 weeks later...

Kenny, no question. He's the single biggest hero in the entire Walking Dead series.

A self-sacrificial family man will go to any and all lengths to protect the people he cares about. He's one of those people that inspires you into being a better person. I'm really glad to have met him.

clementine_hug_kenny_by_gamesandanimatio

old man Logan

did you know Logan isnt even Wolverine's

real name- its James Howlette

*the pic is him fighting zombies, symbiotes, super-villain zombies and symbiote zombies!*

Old-Man-Logan-v-Marvel-Zombies.jpg

• 4 months later...

Illyria from Angel

ac6fab96514c7c4812a75f9e70de90ca.jpg

Because you have never seen a character like her before and you haven't seen one after either.

Because she's a goddess that has seen the passing of ages and being age-wise is actually a thing for her, unlike the "immortals acting like teenagers" act that seems so popular these days.

Because she's the perfect mix of unrelenting primal awesomeness and yet a human-like frailty that makes her question her own existence.

Also because she's cute.

And Doomguy

_uploads_scale_large_11113_111130582_522

Because nothing kicks more ass than an OG silent space marine that scares the living shit of Hell itself.

Because without saying a single word, this guy has more personality than most of the characters in any videogame, ever... and boy is he pissed...

Because despite the badassery... he still has feels... and cares... about... stuff...

EDIT: Also... got confused by the name of the tread... Don't think OP has any use for my chars given his requests... yet pple posted their actual favorites still. Did it got derailed?

Illyria from Angel

ac6fab96514c7c4812a75f9e70de90ca.jpg

Because you have never seen a character like her before and you haven't seen one after either.

Because she's a goddess that has seen the passing of ages and being age-wise is actually a thing for her, unlike the "immortals acting like teenagers" act that seems so popular these days.

Because she's the perfect mix of unrelenting primal awesomeness and yet a human-like frailty that makes her question her own existence.

Also because she's cute.

And Doomguy

_uploads_scale_large_11113_111130582_522

Because nothing kicks more ass than an OG silent space marine that scares the living shit of Hell itself.

Because without saying a single word, this guy has more personality than most of the characters in any videogame, ever... and boy is he pissed...

Because despite the badassery... he still has feels... and cares... about... stuff...

EDIT: Also... got confused by the name of the tread... Don't think OP has any use for my chars given his requests... yet pple posted their actual favorites still. Did it got derailed?

well, this thread is from last September, so chances are that OP's list is full by now, but hey! It's turned into a forum game thread. Nothing wrong with that!

Malcolm Reynolds.

• 4 weeks later...

Going to say Toshiro Mifune the actor since most of the characters didn't have names (on purpose.) Every bad ass action

star that came after owes a little to director Kurasawa and actor Toshiro Mifune. Star Wars was inspired by Kurasawa's

Hidden Fortress. Clint Eastwood's Man with No Name was a westernization of Toshiro Mifune's tough as nails character in

Yojimbo. Quentin Tarantino has gone on record as saying he grew up fascinated by Akira Kurasawa's work especially Seven

Samurai. So much of what we watch today was directly inspired by Mifune and Kurasawa. What I liked so much about Mifune's 

characters is how much he could convey without saying a word. Rarely were they ever a pure hero or villain, they all had

a humanizing quality to them. I really enjoy movies when the villain has reason that you can empathize with. Or when the

hero must make difficult choices that can demonize them. And this is where Mifune shined. Still my favorite actor and characters

of all time.

• 1 year later...

There are a lot, but I will only put 5 for each catagory:

Comic Books:

Rogue

Gambit

General Zod

Black Adam

Superboy (Classic 90s one)

Movies:

Pvt. Vasquez from Aliens

John Mcclain from Die Hard 1