[mod] [CK2] Dark World Reborn: Toska (Submod)

DocToska

First off great work on your mod, love your additions to D.W. I don't know much about modding in CKII but iv had an issue with my character getting raped alot, for example she was locked in her keep during a pandemic, and wile small pox ravaged the lands some unknown assailant ravaged her 6 times within that year. :unsure: So i was wondering if there was a way to reduce the frequency of this event or if you can add an event to create penicillin so I can get rid of this damn Great Pox....  :D    

Thank you!

Is this with the latest version of the mod? The rape frequency (AI going wild with their own tentacle monsters) has been tuned down in 1.0.2. so this should happen less frequently. But yeah, I could see if I could wiggle in a mean time to happen. Or not let the AI go after the ruler, too.

Development of v1.1.0 is progressing nicely. I reworked about half of the existing on_actions where you can "have fun" with either adults of your court or prisoners. These trigger chained events now with various outcomes:

Rape of prisoner/court member of opposite sex: There is a check if to see if the victim will fight back. If he does, we start another event chain. The fight might lead to four different outcomes with either you or the victim dying or taking damage, flight of the victim (i.e.: banish from court or release from your prison) or you get your will. Once you are at the stage where you get your will, each "act" you choose has 3-4 panels and each step has different consequences that eventually add up.

Say you have fun with the wife of the king of a large empire. Even if you started to harass her (but then reconsidered without going through) you will offend the spouse, the father, possibly the childrend and the rest of the dynasty of the victim. Should the victim get harmed (either due to rape, the escape or die after the rape due to poor health), then the consequential opinion impact is much stronger. For this various new opinions have been added. To really piss a spouse off you could take his partners virginity, bang her up and then have her die on inflicted injuries on you. They won't forget this that easily.

Now if you go for a courtier, then there is a chance (same as before in 1.0.X) that your advances are actually welcome and that this might lead to a love story.

As for consequences adding up: To make this work I had to tune down the health related negative effects of forced acts and this might still need some fine tuning. Still: Going after someone who's already at bad health might not end well for them. This adds a bit more of a darker side to this mod and gives it an adequate level of depravity. Like said: Game play wise these acts tend to put a really big party pooper into your foreign relations and won't make you exactly popular.

edit: its running fine now but is there supposed to be a harem option or sth at intrigue and/or traits? this was there when i initially tested it but now its gone and i can't tell if your mod is active or not.

No, my mod does not have a harem option and never had one. I think KSV (King of Slaves and Vices) might have had one and there are a few other mods as well on Steam that offer this. Without those mods that address this you're limited to the number of wifes and concubines that your religion/society allows.

I'm having trouble with the new random events. I ran with it for a very long time (I ended on my third ruler), and never saw any of them. I've tried messing with the files to make it quicker, and run largely hands-off games for hours trying to see them, and even trying to start DWT.910 and DWT.1990 manually, but they never do anything (the log tells me that I hit every requirement). I've got all the up to date Dark World Reborn modules except for Futa, and version 1.0.2 of this.

edit: its running fine now but is there supposed to be a harem option or sth at intrigue and/or traits? this was there when i initially tested it but now its gone and i can't tell if your mod is active or not.

No, my mod does not have a harem option and never had one. I think KSV (King of Slaves and Vices) might have had one and there are a few other mods as well on Steam that offer this. Without those mods that address this you're limited to the number of wifes and concubines that your religion/society allows.

yup. i carelessly selected that on the test. my bad

First off great work on your mod, love your additions to D.W. I don't know much about modding in CKII but iv had an issue with my character getting raped alot, for example she was locked in her keep during a pandemic, and wile small pox ravaged the lands some unknown assailant ravaged her 6 times within that year. :unsure: So i was wondering if there was a way to reduce the frequency of this event or if you can add an event to create penicillin so I can get rid of this damn Great Pox....  :D    

Thank you!

Is this with the latest version of the mod? The rape frequency (AI going wild with their own tentacle monsters) has been tuned down in 1.0.2. so this should happen less frequently. But yeah, I could see if I could wiggle in a mean time to happen. Or not let the AI go after the ruler, too.

Development of v1.1.0 is progressing nicely. I reworked about half of the existing on_actions where you can "have fun" with either adults of your court or prisoners. These trigger chained events now with various outcomes:

Rape of prisoner/court member of opposite sex: There is a check if to see if the victim will fight back. If he does, we start another event chain. The fight might lead to four different outcomes with either you or the victim dying or taking damage, flight of the victim (i.e.: banish from court or release from your prison) or you get your will. Once you are at the stage where you get your will, each "act" you choose has 3-4 panels and each step has different consequences that eventually add up.

Say you have fun with the wife of the king of a large empire. Even if you started to harass her (but then reconsidered without going through) you will offend the spouse, the father, possibly the childrend and the rest of the dynasty of the victim. Should the victim get harmed (either due to rape, the escape or die after the rape due to poor health), then the consequential opinion impact is much stronger. For this various new opinions have been added. To really piss a spouse off you could take his partners virginity, bang her up and then have her die on inflicted injuries on you. They won't forget this that easily.

Now if you go for a courtier, then there is a chance (same as before in 1.0.X) that your advances are actually welcome and that this might lead to a love story.

As for consequences adding up: To make this work I had to tune down the health related negative effects of forced acts and this might still need some fine tuning. Still: Going after someone who's already at bad health might not end well for them. This adds a bit more of a darker side to this mod and gives it an adequate level of depravity. Like said: Game play wise these acts tend to put a really big party pooper into your foreign relations and won't make you exactly popular.

Thanks for your response. I'm using version 1.0.2. I was referring to one of the new random events where an unknown assailant rapes the character I don't mind the event but its happening a lot to my character and with Great Pox  as the consequence its making it hard to continue with this character. That's why I was thinking the frequency of the event could be toned down, or perhaps an addition to the event like trying to call the guards or even using a guard dog to help "if you have one". I'm personalty in preference to expanding the event allowing you to take advantage of other assets of the mod. But again I know very little about modding so I appreciate whatever you decide to do.

Hey, I love your mod and look forward to the next update.

However, there is one issue I found and that's for the random event when a traveler shows up. He gives an option for a sexual slave (I think) and gives an option for a bedwarmer, maid and a man whore (I don't remember the third one, honestly). But when I pick an option, nothing happens. I don't get a new courtier or any changes at all. Is that supposed to happen?

Hey, I love your mod and look forward to the next update.

However, there is one issue I found and that's for the random event when a traveler shows up. He gives an option for a sexual slave (I think) and gives an option for a bedwarmer, maid and a man whore (I don't remember the third one, honestly). But when I pick an option, nothing happens. I don't get a new courtier or any changes at all. Is that supposed to happen?

I believe the event file that generates the characters is missing.  Should be something like "DWT_new_courtier_event", but its not in the download.

I copied the old AB02 one and changed it to match events.  Haven't tested it yet, but should work.  You could likely do the same.

I was skimming through the On_actions file and noticed a typo on line 7 says

100 = DWRTandom.600

Thank you! I just fixed that in 1.1.0, which I will upload later today.

If you've figured out the solution to the willing rape victims getting the raped trait, could you release a quick patch or maybe let us know how to fix it? It's really bothering me right now

I reworked the entire events and decissions where this happens in 1.1.0 (will be uploaded later today). So this problem should be gone with 1.1.0.

I believe the event file that generates the characters is missing.  Should be something like "DWT_new_courtier_event", but its not in the download.

For 1.1.0 I took these random traveller events out, so this should no longer happen. But many thanks for reporting it!

The new events that happen while in command triggered in my game, i found them pretty funny in a good way! Battle or siege events will be created hopefully too, i wanna rape/butcher a whole enemy castle game of thrones style. jk :D

I'm just wrapping these up and they have been driving me crazy for the last couple of days. Here is what I got so far:

Male Incubus liege in command of army sieges an ememy holding. Eventually the on_action on_siege_won_leader{} fires and runs my event-chain. It checks for virgins (age 14-30) in the entire province (not just holding - I know) and assembles several choices:

• Virgin, traits fair and bombshell (first choice!)
  • Virgin, fair and no bombshell (2nd choice)
  • Any remaining virgins (3rd choice)
  • "Nah, only hags here!" (last choice that lets you bail from the event)

You can then pick one of the choices and get your usual selection of "acts" you want to perform and it takes you from there. If no virgins are found, then the event chain won't fire.

Female Succubus in command of army looses a battle catastrophically. This event drove me nuts. The on_action on_battle_lost_leader{} doesn't fire on every time you loose a battle. I experimented with on_cobat_pulse{} and on_major_battle_lost{} and these didn't do what I needed either, nor could I really make it work with these. Eventually after lots of trial and error I got it working via on_battle_lost_leader{} and it now works like this:

You are a female Succubus (trait: lilith) in command of your army. You loose a battle against an enemy army that has AI commanders in such a spectacular way that your army is destroyed. This might fire the event occasionally. When that happens, the commander of the army (center_flank_leader) will rape you if he's male and capable. I had a hell of a trouble maintaining the scope of the event, so it now only fires two panels. For anything past two panels I would have needed to use the very CPU heavy any_character{} condition and that's really not a good idea.

For female Succubus lieges personally involved in lost/won sieges I also want an event where they get in a bent. But I think I'll save that for the version past 1.1.0.

Version 1.1.0 has just been uploaded and I also updated the article description (and the frontpage of this topic) with the new description and some new images.

Without repeating too much of what I already said, here are the most fundamental changes in a nutshell:

• Male Incubus ruler in commands of army after successful siege of enemy holding now gets the option to have fun with virgins in the province.
  • Female Succbus ruler in command of an army that looses spectactulary might get raped by an enemy army commander.
  • Entire Harley chain reworked. My mod no longer spawns her. But when you have her, good or bad things can happen.
  • Harley might decide to off your rivals (same as before, but new death reason for Harley victims).
  • Harley might decide to off your lovers and consorts.
  • Harley might demand your "services" on two occasions.
  • Other random Harley events from previous versions remain (cheats at cards, offers BJ, bound, werewolf and Rayne).
  • Tuned down negative effects of the 'raped' trait.
  • Added new opinion modifiers for getting beaten and then raped, forced loss of virginity of a relative or spouse or for getting threatened with rape.
  • Added new separate event modifiers for rape_trauma and rape_trauma_light with less severe effects that the ones from DW:Core.
  • Certain rape victims might fight back. This carries the (low) risk that victim or perp die. If you win and continue with the rape, the effects for the victim are more severe and might involve death if the health goes below 0 during the act.
  • Certain rape victims might actually enjoy it and become lovers. However, if you have Harley, then these new lovers might not have a long life expectancy from that point onwards.
  • Should a rape victim die during the rape, their family, spouse and dynasty will hold a pretty bad grudge against you.
  • Should a rape victim survive the rape (and not like it), their family, spouse and dynasty will hold a grudge against you.
  • New and more detailed rape event chains for prisoners/courtiers done: M/F, M/M, F/M.
  • Female lieges with Lilith trait can choose either to get raped or to make love to a courtier without long winded seduction event chain.
  • Removed old trade caravan events from the AB mod, as they were incomplete.
  • Lots of new images. Not all of them currently used.

I spent about two weeks on the coding and testing of the changes from 1.0.2 to 1.1.0 and I'm still not yet entirely where I want to be. However: The changes so far are stable and before I take things apart again for the rest I have in mind I'd rather publish the current state. What should be noted is this:

The negative side effects of the trait "raped" have been tuned down, as my longer non-consensual sex related changes in v1.1.0 have some staggering effects that might add up and deteroriate the health of a victim to a point where the victim will die. This might still happen if you have a violently resisting victim who was already at poor health before you started. Additionally: Any violation of a victim will now not only affect their opinion towards you. Nope. You also might offend their dynasty, family spouse and perhaps their children. So if you go on a rampage, then you won't make many friends and even the best chancellor can't undo the diplomatic damage that you do by bedding lots of unwilling women from infuencial families. But of course this also opens some possibilities for new gameplay styles.

Like: When you're a male Incubus and can raid? This offers a new way to really piss off the lords of the settlements you raid when you "have fun" with their virgins.

Other than that: The new event chains are pretty solid and should have fairly few bugs. If you find anything that doesn't work as expected, then please let me know.

Thank you!

well ive found a bug ive trigged the Brodelo inprovement event chain and got Jessica. but... she has know picture it just says "26" Im geussing that its sposed to have a custom pic.... any way to fix this

I haven't tested it in-game or have got on CK2 since updating the mod (but I'm pretty sure I understand your problem), but should work. Too many family members around today for a get together, and I don't want them to see my perverted CK2 warhammer game :P

Go to toska folder, then into the events folder

open up DWTBuildingRelated 

Find the line that says ....# .341 We create Jessica (player - hidden)....

and then the last trait says something about a portrait (which by the way, literally is only "26" (a very tiny image too). I looked at the image and there is no actual picture just a number. All the portrait images only have numbers, so I dunno, maybe that part isn't finished or I don't know how that is used in CK2 or something. I thought that was the actual character image like it said in the trait)...

anyway just erase that trait and it should make a random generic looking character. Assuming I understand the bug you are reporting, and the portrait of the actual character is literally the number 26 and doesn't show an actual character.

well ive found a bug ive trigged the Brodelo inprovement event chain and got Jessica. but... she has know picture it just says "26" Im geussing that its sposed to have a custom pic.... any way to fix this

Yeah, as Sylandras indicated: Jessica got created with the trait "portrait26", for which I somehow no longer have a trait. Or I never had and this used a trait from another mod which no longer has it. I'll dig some more into that matter, but to fix it for now I commented this line out and uploaded v1.1.1. That will solve the issue for now.

Many thanks for reporting this. Also many thanks to Sylandras for jumping in with the suggested fix.

Hi all,

Version 1.1.2 is up. It contains the following changes and fixes:

• Improvement: On sucessful sieges of a male Incubus ruler the pick of women available for actions has been redone. It now triggers on non-virgins as well and prioritizes by desirable characteristics. Female spouses and offspring of the enemy ruler get the highest priority. Beyond that we pick targets by the trait virgin, prefer targets of 20 years or younger, preferably bombshells or fair. As a fallback we offer anything else that's 45 years or younger.

• Improvement: New opinion modifier: 'Raped one of my subjects'. This is assigned to rulers of realms whose subjects you had fun with if they didn't consent.

• Bugfix: The on-action "DWT Rape XXX" was not available on prisoners that were from foreign realms. This has been fixed.

• Bugfix: One event panel had the panel text in the button instead. This has been fixed.

After a bit more playtesting I found that virgins are far and few in enemy holdings. I found like three matches in the whole of England. Hence the change. Additionally raping a lowly courtier didn't affect the opionion of her liege as long as it wasn't a relative or someone from the same dynasty. So I created the new opionion modifier "Raped one of my subjects" which gives a small (negative) opinion impact towards you. This cummulates with any other related opinion modifiers such as taking the virginity of a female dynasty or family member by force and so on.

I think there's a bug somewhere. I was testing the Harley events and it just fires off random vanilla events that give traits.

Yes and no. I agree that somewhere there is a bug that does exactly what you say and I've seen it myself. Last night I saved my game and quit. Today I wanted to continue and a whole bunch of my dynasty members (including my char) had one or two of the following traits:

•  branded_slave
  •  trap

None of them had them when I saved. Took me about half an hour with the console to go through my dynasty to fix that up. The thing is: My mod doesn't set or remove these two traits at all. Nor do I fire any "Dark World Core" events that do this from my mod at all.

So I have no idea yet where this is comming from. Unless I screwed up somehwere I tend to think that it may be a bug in one of the other "Dark World" mods or something screwy with the game engine itself.

Archived