Deviously cursed loot has always been a controversy to me. What I mean by that is that it's doing it's job really freaking well... But it's also doing the job of other mods. And that's where I had a hard time with it. As the name suggest, DCL original objective was to put restraints and other funny items hidden inside container. That, I had no problem with. But the main problem started when you added the fonction for "sex attacks" (now renamed as rape attacks I think). At that point it was beyond the idea of looting.

It was not this mods job anymore. Don't get me wrong, it was very well done, and it was working extremely well, on top of that, it was specifically designed INTO the other abilities of the mod, thus ensuring maximum compatibility. But still, there were other mods that were doing that (that most probably died) and it felt to me like it should have been a separate mod. There were time where I wanted the sex attack feature, but not the DCL. Yet, it was very hard to make it in a way that would not trigger the DCL but still the sex attacks.

Your mods are awesome, and I'm really hyped to see it coming to the wasteland. But I do hope that this time you may decide to make your mod into "module" that can plug into each other (I know you love plugs) rather than one big system that need to be turned off when you don't want that functionality.

After all, is it more logical to take a skyscraper only to use 2 floors, or to take a small house and add a second layer if needed?

Keep in mind, this is only my opinion, some may disagree but whatever you think, know that I think your work is really impressive and I can't wait to see what you can do with that new playground.

Deviously cursed loot has always been a controversy to me. What I mean by that is that it's doing it's job really freaking well... But it's also doing the job of other mods. And that's where I had a hard time with it. As the name suggest, DCL original objective was to put restraints and other funny items hidden inside container. That, I had no problem with. But the main problem started when you added the fonction for "sex attacks" (now renamed as rape attacks I think). At that point it was beyond the idea of looting.

It was not this mods job anymore. Don't get me wrong, it was very well done, and it was working extremely well, on top of that, it was specifically designed INTO the other abilities of the mod, thus ensuring maximum compatibility. But still, there were other mods that were doing that (that most probably died) and it felt to me like it should have been a separate mod. There were time where I wanted the sex attack feature, but not the DCL. Yet, it was very hard to make it in a way that would not trigger the DCL but still the sex attacks.

Actually it's quite easy to make it use the sex attacks and nothing else.

Also, there is a reason why I dropped the name "Loot" from the mod. Yes, cursed traps is what DCL started with, but it did absolutely grow way beyond that. And yes, it entered some other mods' "turf", by providing features similar to what other mods did. Sometimes I did that because the mod in question died or no longer got updated (Deviously Helpless or Devious Keyholders), sometimes it happened because I wanted to give the feature a new twist (there were prostitution mods around before I added it to DCL, but none that added -risk- to it). And some features I added for no other reason than to get rid of some mods I felt I didn't want to have in my load order anymore - because they were too small to warrant a space in my load order or because I just plain didn't like them (*cough* Death Alternative *cough*).

Your mods are awesome, and I'm really hyped to see it coming to the wasteland. But I do hope that this time you may decide to make your mod into "module" that can plug into each other (I know you love plugs) rather than one big system that need to be turned off when you don't want that functionality.

I am very likely going to follow the same approach I did with DCL. Making one large but highly customizable mod, people can tweak to their heart's content. The reason is simple - I don't like having my load order cluttered by hundreds of small one-trick-pony mods. I prefer large impact mods. I have only 150 mods in my Skyrim load order - and most of them are large overhauls, or large content mods or the frameworks they rely on. I don't want to waste space in my load order for a mod that does just one little thing.

Apart from that, it's also considerably more work to design the features in a modular fashion. The way I designed DCL, all features can easily share central libraries and read each other's quest state etc. Yes, it's all doable, even when hacking the mod into a dozen smaller ones, but it adds programming gruntwork I rather put into designing more features.

After all, is it more logical to take a skyscraper only to use 2 floors, or to take a small house and add a second layer if needed?

I built a skyscraper and use every single floor of it. ;)

Keep in mind, this is only my opinion, some may disagree but whatever you think, know that I think your work is really impressive and I can't wait to see what you can do with that new playground.

That's fine. I never minded people making suggestions and speaking their mind, as long as it's constructive.

I got a collar in the inventory. and a note about this collar. But the script does not work. my character still can dress and undress as you like. You may suggest a possible reason for this?

You can put on clothes, sure. Try it and see what happens. ;)

Also, there is a reason why I dropped the name "Loot" from the mod. Yes, cursed traps is what DCL started with, but it did absolutely grow way beyond that. And yes, it entered some other mods' "turf", by providing features similar to what other mods did. Sometimes I did that because the mod in question died or no longer got updated (Deviously Helpless or Devious Keyholders), sometimes it happened because I wanted to give the feature a new twist (there were prostitution mods around before I added it to DCL, but none that added -risk- to it). And some features I added for no other reason than to get rid of some mods I felt I didn't want to have in my load order anymore - because they were too small to warrant a space in my load order or because I just plain didn't like them (*cough* Death Alternative *cough*).

I am very likely going to follow the same approach I did with DCL. Making one large but highly customizable mod, people can tweak to their heart's content. The reason is simple - I don't like having my load order cluttered by hundreds of small one-trick-pony mods. I prefer large impact mods. I have only 150 mods in my Skyrim load order - and most of them are large overhauls, or large content mods or the frameworks they rely on. I don't want to waste space in my load order for a mod that does just one little thing.

Apart from that, it's also considerably more work to design the features in a modular fashion. The way I designed DCL, all features can easily share central libraries and read each other's quest state etc. Yes, it's all doable, even when hacking the mod into a dozen smaller ones, but it adds programming gruntwork I rather put into designing more features.

That's fine. I never minded people making suggestions and speaking their mind, as long as it's constructive.

I got a collar in the inventory. and a note about this collar. But the script does not work. my character still can dress and undress as you like. You may suggest a possible reason for this?

Good luck with your mod then ;-) Could I suggest for those that are as lazy as me (or that are afraid of big mods) to put in the description that each feature can be disabled (it may already be, to be honest I have not checked the description in a long time, I just skip right to the update logs) and, once MCM is out, to put a simple checkbox for each features? Some feature had to have their percentage chance set to 0 not to happen, some needed a checkbox, some where dependent of a checkbox on another checkbox on another page, and some had to be set to 101 arousal chance not to trigger.

Simply put, make a standard process to turn off some unused feature to make it easier to manage. Or maybe put all these checkboxes on a single page of the MCM? So that the 1st thing you do when getting the mod is go to that page, tweak WHAT you want, before taking care of how often?

Good luck with your mod then ;-) Could I suggest for those that are as lazy as me (or that are afraid of big mods) to put in the description that each feature can be disabled (it may already be, to be honest I have not checked the description in a long time, I just skip right to the update logs) and, once MCM is out, to put a simple checkbox for each features? Some feature had to have their percentage chance set to 0 not to happen, some needed a checkbox, some where dependent of a checkbox on another checkbox on another page, and some had to be set to 101 arousal chance not to trigger.

Simply put, make a standard process to turn off some unused feature to make it easier to manage. Or maybe put all these checkboxes on a single page of the MCM? So that the 1st thing you do when getting the mod is go to that page, tweak WHAT you want, before taking care of how often?

Kimy and I had this discussion in a similar format once. I was referencing the multi facets of DCL..

It is a large yet amazingly low strain mod. It is very convenient to use all the features or none of the features.. and the tie-ins with other mods is even better.

It does require you actually pay attention to what you want, or don't want tho' and the options give you a LOT of control. You don't need any part of the mod you don't want.. heck.. you can even turn the actual cursed loot chances to zero.

But most mods, beyond simple add of this or that have lots of options. Even Estrus has options, and EC+ has more options..

And they all have pages. Now DCL has a lot of pages .. yes. But what your asking for is there. Most facets only require you to uncheck one box to turn it all off. IE Sex attacks.

The biggest benefit here is to as Kimy says.. You can centralize a lot of what other mods do into one mod. It makes a big difference to a lot of people. Not everyone has the benefit of gaming rigs.

Now why am I even answering this? Because honestly.. it seems  you spent more time talking yourself out of a mod you have not actually looked at, than it would have taken to check the info or just ask...

Your right, your approach does seem lazy.  But the funny kind in that you truly do seem to be justifying to yourself in a public forum why you don't want to put any effort into a mod.. which is kind of silly.. Just use a mod or not.. or be smart.. once you have all your mods set.. save. Done. Unless you change mods you don't have to fill out all the boxes over and over.. Simply load up and make a character.. any other tweaks before launching is your choice.

Still, I'd love to mod worked as it should. maybe I was the first who had problems? Can also be some kind of conflict? Or mod created for some special versions of the game? I is version 1.7.15. fashion and tried to put at the beginning and at the end of the download. I tried to run from the launcher as well as through f4se.

Still, I'd love to mod worked as it should. maybe I was the first who had problems? Can also be some kind of conflict? Or mod created for some special versions of the game? I is version 1.7.15. fashion and tried to put at the beginning and at the end of the download. I tried to run from the launcher as well as through f4se.

This is not a problem, because I coded it this way. They collar does not actually prevent you from wearing clothing. What the collar does is zapping you every few seconds if you are wearing clothing. If you don't remove it, you will die.

I was just trying to say that I do not have any effects. absolutely. The collar can not be removed, but it does not work. I'm dressed all the time how much I want.

The collar is supposed to zap you with an electric shock every 15 seconds. It should take out a noticeable portion of your health bar. Does this not happen?

If no, can you try starting a completely new game, set the collar drop chance to 100% using the console and see if it works then? Because the collar worked fine when I tested it.

Kimy and I had this discussion in a similar format once. I was referencing the multi facets of DCL..

It is a large yet amazingly low strain mod. It is very convenient to use all the features or none of the features.. and the tie-ins with other mods is even better.

It does require you actually pay attention to what you want, or don't want tho' and the options give you a LOT of control. You don't need any part of the mod you don't want.. heck.. you can even turn the actual cursed loot chances to zero.

But most mods, beyond simple add of this or that have lots of options. Even Estrus has options, and EC+ has more options..

And they all have pages. Now DCL has a lot of pages .. yes. But what your asking for is there. Most facets only require you to uncheck one box to turn it all off. IE Sex attacks.

The biggest benefit here is to as Kimy says.. You can centralize a lot of what other mods do into one mod. It makes a big difference to a lot of people. Not everyone has the benefit of gaming rigs.

Now why am I even answering this? Because honestly.. it seems  you spent more time talking yourself out of a mod you have not actually looked at, than it would have taken to check the info or just ask...

Your right, your approach does seem lazy.  But the funny kind in that you truly do seem to be justifying to yourself in a public forum why you don't want to put any effort into a mod.. which is kind of silly.. Just use a mod or not.. or be smart.. once you have all your mods set.. save. Done. Unless you change mods you don't have to fill out all the boxes over and over.. Simply load up and make a character.. any other tweaks before launching is your choice.

1st, 2nd and 3rd paragraphs:

To prefer big mod that can turn off features or small mods that can plug in each other is a matter of preferences. It's simply an opinion I gave. Never said it was bad in itself, just that I personally prefer it another way. Since I may not be the only one in the case, voicing my opinion seemed like a good thing. Nothing more. Never said it was bad, just that my opinion is different, and that it MAY matter to Kimy to know it depending on what she wants for her mod. Doesn't have to take it into account.

4th paragraph:

All features can be turned off, that you're right, but they are not always done in the same fashion. For example, in the 5.6 version, common container drop are removed by setting the percentage to 0, while door, dead body or plant are are removed by unchecking a box. The 3 sliders are one after another yet they turned off the same way. Yes it is possible, but what I think COULD be better is a standardized process to turn features off.

5th paragraph:

You seem fixated enough that my opinion was different. In case you didn't realize, in the post you quoted, Kimy already gave her opinion on that matter. you've spent 4 paragraph arguing something that was already answered and that I don't think I criticized on the second post.

6th paragraph:

Is 100 hours with the mod not enough for you? I did use it, I did like it, but I always had a hard time with the MCM. You are the one that seem to be willing to give a lot of time not for much because you could just have let this post die. (To be fair on that one, I could have done the same with yours. But I DO have a lot of free time so...)

7th paragraph:

Yes people are lazy. By default, people try to do the minimum amount of effort to obtain their goal. This can be the difference between to product that have the exact same function, yet one become the next big thing while the other barely make it. Because you please that laziness, making it easier to use the product without the need to check a guide book. We're here on the subject of a mod, and it is actually not needed to make this lazy friendly. If she's okay to keep it that way, so be it, but I don't know what she is doing outside of modding, and this opinion may matter in other circumstances, for example if she tries to sell a homemade product, or program.

Whatever you think of this, It's the one and only answer I'll give to you on that matter. It would be pointless to just spiral this thread into an endless argument but I did felt the need to correct you on that. I do love this mod, I think it is a wonderful mod, but I think there are still areas it can be improved upon and I gave my opinion hoping it could help making it better in overall. That you disagree is a thing, but that you just try to discredit me rather than just explain your opinion or tell me why I may be wrong (Like Kimy did wonderfully in her answer, if you want a good example) is sad.

I was just trying to say that I do not have any effects. absolutely. The collar can not be removed, but it does not work. I'm dressed all the time how much I want.

The collar is supposed to zap you with an electric shock every 15 seconds. It should take out a noticeable portion of your health bar. Does this not happen?

If no, can you try starting a completely new game, set the collar drop chance to 100% using the console and see if it works then? Because the collar worked fine when I tested it.

I finally figured out the reason. Your mod is working properly. Deeds is. that my character was no longer any clothes, and what I took for clothes actually had armor. But I have another question for you. Is it possible to add in the future in your mod restriction on most types of armor? The game has many types of armor look like clothing and the collar effect can not feel. Thank you.

* SNIP *

Without quoting our massive walls. :-p

I didn't put anything in there at all in the slightest a discredit.  The only thing you could even read as a possible would be the portion of asking.. Even that is not.

You put out an opinion in public forum. I gave a response to opinion in public forum.

Kimy did answer, I did read it. But that is an author to you. I am a user with differing opinions. None of which are even remotely off base.

Even the lazy mention is not off base. Its simple other side. Opinions as you said.  Plus that little conversation ( if anyone else ever reads our wall equal to War and Peace ) could be useful to people. Especially the setup of mods / saving setup.. then your done..

I to have plenty of time. I just don't spend as much here. ( Nor social media... hate that stuff )

So on that. You find you can use your time here to insert your said opinion. But no one else can offer critique or other view?

Got it. Perfect.

I finally figured out the reason. Your mod is working properly. Deeds is. that my character was no longer any clothes, and what I took for clothes actually had armor. But I have another question for you. Is it possible to add in the future in your mod restriction on most types of armor? The game has many types of armor look like clothing and the collar effect can not feel. Thank you.

It should react to both clothing and (personal) armor. What I deliberately excluded is power armor, because I wanted the player to be able to continue what they were doing and not put a showstopper into the game.

What armor were you wearing that the mod didn't react to?

Tried using the console to increase the chance of drop to 100 but still haven't been able to find the collar. I have the slave collar mod already installed, could this be causing a conflict?

UPDATE: I tried uninstalling the slave collar mod and that did nothing. Also tried starting a new game and again nothing. I finally tried just adding the collar via the console and while it did end up in my inventory and I was able to equip it it did not give me the shock effect or anything of the sort. I couldn't remove it but that was it. Real bummer cause this looked like a fun mod. :(

Я просто хочу сказать, что у меня нет каких-либо эффектов. абсолютно. Воротник не может быть удален, но он не работает. Я одет все время, сколько я хочу.

Воротник должен зап вас с электрическим током через каждые 15 секунд. Он должен вынуть заметную часть вашего здоровья бар. Разве это не произошло?

Если нет, то вы можете попробовать начать совершенно новую игру, установить воротник падение шанс на 100% с помощью консоли и посмотреть, работает ли он тогда? Потому что воротник работал хорошо, когда я проверял.

Я, наконец, понял, в чем причина. Ваш мод работает должным образом. Поступках. что мой персонаж был уже не любая одежда, а то, что я взял для одежды на самом деле было броню. Но у меня есть еще один вопрос для вас. Можно ли в будущем добавить в ваш мод ограничение на большинстве типов брони? В игре есть много типов брони похожи одежды и воротник эффект не может чувствовать. Спасибо.

Он должен реагировать как на одежду и (личного) брони. То, что я намеренно исключена силовая броня, потому что я хотел игрок, чтобы иметь возможность продолжать то, что они делают, и не ставить в остановит всю работу игры.

Какие доспехи были вы носите что мод не реагировал на?

All types of armor dress freely. I have consistently removed all the fashion. Only the CBBE, unofficial patch, Armor Keywords, Deviously Cursed Wasteland and Armorsmith Extended. without Armorsmith Extended mode does not work at all. Perhaps you should add it to the mandatory requirements. With Armorsmith Extended mod only works with clothing. I also tried to start a new game. Same problem.

Tried using the console to increase the chance of drop to 100 but still haven't been able to find the collar. I have the slave collar mod already installed, could this be causing a conflict?

UPDATE: I tried uninstalling the slave collar mod and that did nothing. Also tried starting a new game and again nothing. I finally tried just adding the collar via the console and while it did end up in my inventory and I was able to equip it it did not give me the shock effect or anything of the sort. I couldn't remove it but that was it. Real bummer cause this looked like a fun mod. :(

Assuming it was an existing savegame: Can you try with a completely new game and see it it works then?

All types of armor dress freely. I have consistently removed all the fashion. Only the CBBE, unofficial patch, Armor Keywords, Deviously Cursed Wasteland and Armorsmith Extended. without Armorsmith Extended mode does not work at all. Perhaps you should add it to the mandatory requirements. With Armorsmith Extended mod only works with clothing. I also tried to start a new game. Same problem.

The mod's only requirement is Armor Keywords Resource and the DLCs. I developed it without AE in my loadorder, so it can't possible be a requirement. ;)

The symptoms you are describing are consistent with you not having the correct armor keywords resource installed. The mod would indeed not react to armor at all in this case: Are you sure you have the newest version of THIS mod and no other installed: http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/6091/?

Assuming it was an existing savegame: Can you try with a completely new game and see it it works then?

Tried it with a brand new game twice and had the same result both times.

Love the mod! Have been having way too much fun with it! Thank you! Will you be adding to it at all? Like the wrist and ankle manacles? It would be cool if when you get the ankle manacle trapped on you, you then couldn't fast travel. Or something like that lol. Either way, keep up the great work :D