Jump to content
GimmeBACON

What's on your mind?

Recommended Posts

People wont stop talking about this valentine's day this week. Every place I go on the internet, there is someone talking about valentine's day. The only exception was in stolenhistory, but that forum is for erudition.

 

So, I will let this video here for the valentine's day fans, I hope you enjoy it.

 

 

 

 

Link to post

Ostracize

 

This was an amazingly powerful tool for trying to control social conduct in the past. Then, it meant not being able to survive with the help of others. A death sentence for most. Why was the distrust of strangers so prevalent? Obviously if those you were around before didn't want you - reasons. Better safe than sorry. These terms didn't make themselves up.

 

Fast forward to the present and with the increased populations, it became easier to hide in plain sight if ones actions weren't acceptable, yet not enough to make the top ten most wanted.

 

Now add modern technology to track and identify everybody. One might be involved in an embarrassing or illegal activity with no real action taken. If these 'transgressions' are somehow recorded somewhere, then there is now leverage against them, waiting. Step out of line with the wrong entities, and look - all this dirty laundry is brought forth for ALL to examine and critique.

 

In general, modern applications of this are simple social suicide. It's power lies in the conceit of those unwilling to accept the consequences of their actions, resulting in many others ready to expose them if able/when the time is 'right'.

 

Simple examples which mirror this might be "I'm unfriending you". Yet these people act like it's 2000 years ago and now they ARE going to die. Businesses using things like credit scores to determine a persons ability to function in society. A teacher telling someone to 'stand in the corner' for all to see.

 

Public humiliation is the first step, and the amount of attention it derives from others is the final vote. For some this will have devastating effects, while others can shrug it off. Usually it should affect those with a high social standing more than the common man. So when one sees a severe reaction to this from a common man, and neither family/career/home are affected in any way, it screams of entitlement, and a misunderstanding of the facts.

 

You will Live.

You will get over it.

You might better understand those you engage with.

You might curb your actions.

 

All positives in my book.

 

Have you engaged in 'group' bullying which wouldn't have happened if you were alone?

When around others trying to bully you in some form, how do you react.

Do you cheer when the masses 'out' someone without knowing the facts.

 

We can be manipulated into reacting in ways we may not choose be to if more knowledgeable. Knowledge is power.

 

2000 years ago knowledge was limited, and the transmission of any knowledge over distance was very slow. We don't live in those days. We should start acting like it.

Link to post
6 hours ago, landess said:
Spoiler

 

Ostracize

 

This was an amazingly powerful tool for trying to control social conduct in the past. Then, it meant not being able to survive with the help of others. A death sentence for most. Why was the distrust of strangers so prevalent? Obviously if those you were around before didn't want you - reasons. Better safe than sorry. These terms didn't make themselves up.

 

Fast forward to the present and with the increased populations, it became easier to hide in plain sight if ones actions weren't acceptable, yet not enough to make the top ten most wanted.

 

Now add modern technology to track and identify everybody. One might be involved in an embarrassing or illegal activity with no real action taken. If these 'transgressions' are somehow recorded somewhere, then there is now leverage against them, waiting. Step out of line with the wrong entities, and look - all this dirty laundry is brought forth for ALL to examine and critique.

 

In general, modern applications of this are simple social suicide. It's power lies in the conceit of those unwilling to accept the consequences of their actions, resulting in many others ready to expose them if able/when the time is 'right'.

 

Simple examples which mirror this might be "I'm unfriending you". Yet these people act like it's 2000 years ago and now they ARE going to die. Businesses using things like credit scores to determine a persons ability to function in society. A teacher telling someone to 'stand in the corner' for all to see.

 

Public humiliation is the first step, and the amount of attention it derives from others is the final vote. For some this will have devastating effects, while others can shrug it off. Usually it should affect those with a high social standing more than the common man. So when one sees a severe reaction to this from a common man, and neither family/career/home are affected in any way, it screams of entitlement, and a misunderstanding of the facts.

 

You will Live.

You will get over it.

You might better understand those you engage with.

You might curb your actions.

 

All positives in my book.

 

Have you engaged in 'group' bullying which wouldn't have happened if you were alone?

When around others trying to bully you in some form, how do you react.

Do you cheer when the masses 'out' someone without knowing the facts.

 

We can be manipulated into reacting in ways we may not choose be to if more knowledgeable. Knowledge is power.

 

2000 years ago knowledge was limited, and the transmission of any knowledge over distance was very slow. We don't live in those days. We should start acting like it.

 

 

What starts as parody often becomes reality, the cancel culture cucks out there probably heard music like this, and quietly thought to themselves, 'way to go "kid" make the mob dance like puppets'

 

College campuses are even worse; a breeding ground for cancel culture, doxing, faux outrage, and mob violence.

Link to post
On 2/8/2020 at 12:05 AM, KoolHndLuke said:

Awww......come on you GUYS! You know those are innocent instructional vids. The close-ups of the tits and ass were just to show correct form and stuff, lol. :classic_smile:

 

Actually, I kinda liked the tongue in cheek way sex was approached back then. It made being a pervert so much more satisfying.

*ahem*

 

 

*dials 1-800 number*

 

"I-I've got a teenage daughter... right... I want to encourage her to get more physically fit... right."

 

I kinda feel sorry for Alyssa Milano, actually.

Link to post
9 minutes ago, flutie said:

my dad 

 

Twitty Conway is your dad?!?

 

OK, perhaps not the man himself, but I get it.

 

I wish my own dad had been like that. I'm his caregiver now, but the number of miscues/missteps he made as a father to me, his only son... Now that he's in the vulnerable position... I have to really measure the words I say.

 

Well, no one gets to choose their parents. Doesn't mean you can't be critical of them.

Link to post

Sometimes I wonder how the USA got to be the way it is today. From the Constitution with all it's considerations for making this country what it should of been to what it's become.

 

This is just a tip of the iceberg.

 

 

Link to post
5 hours ago, landess said:

Sometimes I wonder how the USA got to be the way it is today

Greed.

 

On another note, I was thinking that our entire lives are really nothing more than a series of "upgrades" till the day we die. "Oooh, I'm successful because I have more upgrades than most others!". 🖥️

Link to post
8 hours ago, KoolHndLuke said:

Greed.

 

On another note, I was thinking that our entire lives are really nothing more than a series of "upgrades" till the day we die. "Oooh, I'm successful because I have more upgrades than most others!". 🖥️

Interesting... I see your point!  Didn't think of it that way.

Link to post
8 hours ago, KoolHndLuke said:

Greed.

I did a little math tripping in my head, and kept it simple like the original DnD, before adding zero x infinity was the way to hype RPG elements.

 

1)Min wage $.50 hr                              $20 per week                 $1100 per year                  $55000 per lifetime

2)Normal wage $1.00 hr                      $40 per week                 $2200 per year                 $110000 per lifetime  

3)Professional wage $3.00 hr             $120 per week                $6600 per year                  $330000 per lifetime

4)CEO wage $10.00 hr                        $400 per week               $22000 per year               $1100000 per lifetime

 

These are for simple purposes and not meant to reflect actual differences. Based on a comparable work week of 40 hr (just go with it), and a working life of 50 years.

 

Obviously no one starts life as a CEO, and hopefully no one ends life at minimum wage, but shit happens during the course of ones life so we have variance. Regardless:

 

How many LIFETIMES must people live just to make it to the next 'bracket'?

 

1) >2LT to 2),  >6LT to 3),  >20LT to 4).   From 1 to 4 is the most extreme but I think puts the concept into easy to understand - In this example capitalism says a minimum wage person must live 20 times longer (1000 'working' years) just to be paid the same as someone in the 'highest' bracket. Does a CEO actually contribute to society this much 'service'?

 

Don't grab your pitchforks just yet. While the hours and amount of time to reach those 'levels' will vary, I just find it amusing that for the actual importance of anyone contributing to society (keeping the machine running) the rewards are so skewed before we even consider other concepts which seem to favor those with more. Like tax loopholes, legal gambits, the ability to influence inflation, Ugh, I need to stop. There's another revolution coming and it won't be pretty.

 

BTW: I support a flat tax rate for everyone - equality must start somewhere.

Link to post
1 hour ago, landess said:

I support a flat tax rate for everyone

Most people support it. The filthy rich will keep it from ever happening- along with the tax loopholes, legal gambits, and their ability to influence inflation and whatever other ways they use to keep getting richer. But, It's always been that way- the rich exploiting the poor masses. Revolutions come and go, nothing really changes except the way they fuck you.

 

My water bill was outrageous this month for instance. I didn't even use any water for a solid month and I still got charged for it. No choice but to pay since the city owns it. I'm sure they're looking for a way to charge for the air we breathe as well.

Link to post
10 minutes ago, KoolHndLuke said:

the rich exploiting the poor masses

Aye, But the richest man in the world will starve if no one takes his money. Ergo - the problem is greed, wanting a piece of the pie however small, keeps peasants supporting those with money and giving them 'power' just so they get more. Bread and Circuses.

Link to post
2 hours ago, landess said:

Aye, But the richest man in the world will starve if no one takes his money. Ergo - the problem is greed, wanting a piece of the pie however small, keeps peasants supporting those with money and giving them 'power' just so they get more. Bread and Circuses.

Doug McMillon, CEO of Walmart, made $22.8 million in 2018. Walmart employs 1.5 million, U.S. and 700,000, International. If the masses forcefully stripped him of every dollar he earned that year, they wouldn't even earn a dollar more in wages... not to mention if Walmart failed tomorrow, they'd inherit no risk.

 

The problem with just paying more money is that the value of labor doesn't increase, and in the end you'll just hurt the poor and middle class.

Link to post
17 minutes ago, Weyland-Yutani Corp. said:

Or when you use kids as an ideological/political weapon... What a disgusting world, who here as a child gave a fuck about femisnism, politics or all that ?

 

Or "jeunesse hitlérienne" 2.0

"Moral" activists use children as human shields all the time, because then they can use the "quit attacking children" defense where their reason fails. 

Link to post

Just started using the DuckDuckGo app extension for my browser.

 

It's not a matter of privacy - if that was the case, I'd stop using the internet, and toss my phone in the trash, then move to Antartica.

 

I'm using it because Google search is such a fuckin' Ad driven piece of dung, to put it politely.

 

I noticed immediately results much more inline with my expectations. Curious if anyone else feels the same, or has other information to share.

 

 

It's funny when using DDG and wanting to view a Youtube vid from it's results. Google is all butthurt reminding us that Youtube is owned by Google, and won't let you watch unless you allow it to start it's tracking on you.

Link to post
On 2/25/2020 at 12:16 AM, Weyland-Yutani Corp. said:

Or when you use kids as an ideological/political weapon... What a disgusting world, who here as a child gave a fuck about femisnism, politics or all that ?

 

Or "jeunesse hitlérienne" 2.0

Kids care about money(they grow up so fast) or at least I assume they were paid in money. If they were paid in candy that would be hilarious in a dark ironic twist kind of way. For the record I'm not offended by it but it could be better. If you want women to be respected in the workplace show the qualities a hardworking woman has rather than whatever that was.

On 2/25/2020 at 12:37 AM, GimmeBACON said:

"Moral" activists use children as human shields all the time, because then they can use the "quit attacking children" defense where their reason fails. 

"Think of the Children!"

Spoiler

772.jpg

That phrase is so funny. But seriously they're over 18 and its a work of fiction. So put down the megaphone and we'll fuck okay? Trust me you'll love it so much you'll forget about this nonsense.

 

Link to post
On 2/24/2020 at 10:33 PM, KoolHndLuke said:

Most people support it. The filthy rich will keep it from ever happening- along with the tax loopholes, legal gambits, and their ability to influence inflation and whatever other ways they use to keep getting richer. But, It's always been that way- the rich exploiting the poor masses. Revolutions come and go, nothing really changes except the way they fuck you.

 

My water bill was outrageous this month for instance. I didn't even use any water for a solid month and I still got charged for it. No choice but to pay since the city owns it. I'm sure they're looking for a way to charge for the air we breathe as well.

(Flat tax or fair tax) on (income or purchases)?   The rich act just like the poor, doing things in their best interest, though when either group starts helping the fail in  "it is not enough for us to succeed, others much fail" kind of world, it is bad.   

 

Do you think that a world where we have a universal basic income and automation to the point that basic needs are covered, it will be better or worse?  

Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...