Jump to content
Bad Dog

Yiffy Age of Skyrim

Recommended Posts

21 hours ago, Bad Dog said:

Should sheaths be floppy? That's a kinda existential question there. I guess if bellies can be floppy, sheaths can be floppy. But what about balls? I mean having them jounce around is all very well but not so practical. I like them close up against the body except during action. Maybe that could be done.

Sheaths are floppy. 

 

I own a border collie and his sheath doesn't sit tight against his body, it swings side to side as he walks in a very noticible way xD. It's just what dicks seem to do. It's a dick in a little pouch, it'll flop around. I don't want to investigate any more than just reporting what I can see though. I'm a furfag, not a zoophile. I'll tell you what I've seen but I ain't touching that without it being attached to something anthropropmorphic :L.

Link to post

Been dealing with the grey face issue myself.  Not sure if it's because I have the USLEEP patch on from v4 while running v5.4 of the mod.  The stuff is at the bottom of my load order but I can upload a picture of the load order if it might be a separate issue.

Link to post

I wanted to add another potential bug to the list.  Changing to hair #18 on my male High Elf always crashes the game, either on start or when running showracemenu.  I can change the hair styles one at a time, or use the slider, and I get the same result.  If I slide to #19 and wait, then select the next lowest one, it crashes as well.

Current using version 5.4.

 

If it is useful for debugging, I do have a racemenu preset saved with the exact options I have selected on my half elf with hair that isn't #18.

 

Edit: It appears to only affect something that I've selected in preset above.  The default High Elf does not crash at hair #18.  BTW, that hair is HairKhajiitMale04

 

Edit2: On a related note, there doesn't seem to be a 'no hair' option for the High Elf cheetah race.

Link to post
1 hour ago, Zer0xChan said:

Been dealing with the grey face issue myself.  Not sure if it's because I have the USLEEP patch on from v4 while running v5.4 of the mod.  The stuff is at the bottom of my load order but I can upload a picture of the load order if it might be a separate issue.

YiffyageHairpatch causes grey face on certain NPCs if you're using that. 

Link to post
33 minutes ago, wantsamod90 said:

YiffyageHairpatch causes grey face on certain NPCs if you're using that. 

Ah thanks, disabling that fixed most of them.  Some mismatches still in Whiterun but most of the NPCs I saw had properly colored heads

Link to post
On 1/18/2019 at 5:31 AM, Bad Dog said:

I'll fix the tintmask problem. Try changing Ulfric's hair. The mane he has is a bit wonky. If that's it I can take another look at it.

I loaded up Ulfric's face in Creation Kit and using the animation preview it glitches out on there also. It seems to happen with all the Lion Mane hairs and goes away when changed to something different. Here's a demonstration:

 

 

Link to post
7 minutes ago, ShadowKitty42 said:

I loaded up Ulfric's face in Creation Kit and using the animation preview it glitches out on there also. It seems to happen with all the Lion Mane hairs and goes away when changed to something different. Here's a demonstration:

Looks like there's something wrong with some of the morphs for the Mane and that's what bugs out. Fixing it should be a matter of going through the TRI files for the mane and cleaning up the broken morphs (DialogueAnger, MoodAnger, CombatAnger and Combat Shout seem to be the main ones).

Link to post

I was just scrolling through hair on creation kit and hairkhajiitmale04 instantly crashed. I was on Ulfric, but I don't know if that matters.

 

Edit: I just changed Ulfric's hair in the Creation kit and it complained about several missing files:

 

Failed to load sub-surface mask actors\character\00LykaiosRaceTextures\Lykaios Male Textures\headmaleLykaios_SK.dds : using default black texture

(This file is in the folder, but the name is 'LykaiosMaleHead_SK.dds')

 

Could not find tint mask 'actors\character\# Lykaios Race Textures\Lykaios Tintmasks\Lykaios_PaintEars.dds' texture file

(I don't know why this is even here. The file path is what was used on V4.2)

 

Failed to load sub-surface mask actors\character\tiger\TigerFemaleHeadColor.dds : using default black texture

(This file exists, but it looks like it was named 'TigerFemaleHead.dds' instead)

 

Also a lot of errors relating to 'actors\character\foxtextures\' folder. That was in 5.03 download but isn't in 5.04.

Link to post

btw @shadowkitty42, love that you're jumping in with the sse conversion (I want it for my next playthrough), but I think your files are a bit old. Let me get the next rev up and you'll have something better to work with.

 

Found the hairkhajiitmale04 problem.

Link to post

Okay, freaks and furballs. New version (5.5) going up now. (Same site, link in the OP.) I've numbered the downloads so you know what order to do them in.

 

Checked out Ulfric and the manes are fine in this version, I think. That khajiit hair is fixed. Female lykaios match their tails. The base color is now lighter so you can get white female wolves.

 

XPMSE is no longer a hard requirement. Non-HDT tails have had all the special bones removed so they work just like vanilla tails. (That's why they were disconnecting from the bodies.) HDT tails are in their own download.

 

The digitigrade addon now overwrites the vanilla beast skeletons so if you want to run XPMSE (or any other skeleton) you MUST load it before the digitigrade addon. Upside, the Imperious patch works with either digi or planti variants.

 

Sundry other fixes I've forgotten by now. Load it up and enjoy.

Link to post

Finally got a setup that's mostly stable. Though since i'm taking a tangent to play through Slaverun Reloaded, it will be a while before I attempt to incorporate YA 5.5 into my save. I'm still on 4.x. I look forward to seeing what changes you cooked up once I get a chance.

Link to post
On 1/19/2019 at 3:42 PM, ShadowKitty42 said:

I was just scrolling through hair on creation kit and hairkhajiitmale04 instantly crashed. I was on Ulfric, but I don't know if that matters.

 

Edit: I just changed Ulfric's hair in the Creation kit and it complained about several missing files:

 

Failed to load sub-surface mask actors\character\00LykaiosRaceTextures\Lykaios Male Textures\headmaleLykaios_SK.dds : using default black texture

(This file is in the folder, but the name is 'LykaiosMaleHead_SK.dds')

 

Could not find tint mask 'actors\character\# Lykaios Race Textures\Lykaios Tintmasks\Lykaios_PaintEars.dds' texture file

(I don't know why this is even here. The file path is what was used on V4.2)

 

Failed to load sub-surface mask actors\character\tiger\TigerFemaleHeadColor.dds : using default black texture

(This file exists, but it looks like it was named 'TigerFemaleHead.dds' instead)

 

Also a lot of errors relating to 'actors\character\foxtextures\' folder. That was in 5.03 download but isn't in 5.04.

@Bad DogI just confirmed that I have only the 5.05 files loaded, and I still get all these errors ^^ whenever I save in Creation Kit (for generating facegen).

 

Ulfric's face is still messed up also.

Along with the above errors, I also get:

Morph EyesMoveDown has 50 vertices but the geometry has 25

Morph EyesMoveOut has 50 vertices but the geometry has 25

Morph EyesForward has 50 vertices but the geometry has 25

Morph EyesMoveUp has 50 vertices but the geometry has 25

 

Maybe those have something to do with it?

 

Here's a video of what happens to him in-game

 

Edit: An extra note here. I did test the Lion Mane on females in the creation kit, and that's not buggy at all. Maybe compare the two?

Link to post
1 hour ago, ShadowKitty42 said:

@Bad DogI just confirmed that I have only the 5.05 files loaded, and I still get all these errors ^^ whenever I save in Creation Kit (for generating facegen).

 

Ulfric's face is still messed up also.

Along with the above errors, I also get:

Morph EyesMoveDown has 50 vertices but the geometry has 25

Morph EyesMoveOut has 50 vertices but the geometry has 25

Morph EyesForward has 50 vertices but the geometry has 25

Morph EyesMoveUp has 50 vertices but the geometry has 25

 

Maybe those have something to do with it?

 

Here's a video of what happens to him in-game

 

Edit: An extra note here. I did test the Lion Mane on females in the creation kit, and that's not buggy at all. Maybe compare the two?

Wait, Dark Souls UI? Please tell me what you're using to get that. I can't say I"ll use it, but science needs to know.

 

Link to post

Hi.

 

I am impressed with the work you've done with YA 5.0! I've been waiting for it for a while now. I do however have one question...

 

Is it possible to remove hair and facial hair completely from furries? I prefer them hairless and only fur. This is the only thing bothering me for now. If someone could instruct me on how to do this, I would greatly appreciate it. A hairless patch would also be amazing if you aren't already busy or don't mind, but I understand if you don't want to put time and effort into it.

 

 

Link to post
5 hours ago, Leviathan1110 said:

Is it possible to remove hair and facial hair completely from furries? I prefer them hairless and only fur. This is the only thing bothering me for now. If someone could instruct me on how to do this, I would greatly appreciate it. A hairless patch would also be amazing if you aren't already busy or don't mind, but I understand if you don't want to put time and effort into it.

Removing the actual hair and beard meshes would require re-exporting FaceGen data for all of the game's NPCs, which as stated by Bad Dog and ShadowKitty, takes ages in the CK. So I don't think it will happen from our end anytime soon.

 

There may be another way around it, though. If we were to replace all of the hair and beard textures with empty/transparent ones, the hair should end up invisible ingame and that should give you the effect you are after without the need to mess around with FaceGen. That being said, it may not look good because alpha properties (transparencies) in Skyrim are a bit finnicky sometimes and depending on how the hairs are set up they may not become 100% invisible; and also vanilla Khajiit hairs may not have alpha properties at all so they cannot be made invisible. But at least there's something to look into.

 

Still, that would be up to Bad Dog; I won't be doing any Skyrim modding in the near future (currently taking a break). May look into it once I'm back if BD hasn't done it by then, though.

Link to post

@Bad Dog, got some bug reports for you.

  • Females of all races except for Lykaios will have the wrong head textures and a very noticeable neck seam when selecting them for the first time. Using the "Complexion" slider to change their face textures fixes it for some of them, but not all. I guess this is because the textures assigned in the Head Part record data is wrong and different from the ones in the Race data itself (which are the right ones)? But I'll have to look into it.
  • Using the Complexion slider on female Wood Elves gives a "missing texture" error and makes the head all blue/purple-ish (y'know, the placeholder shader that shows up when a texture is missing).
  • Female Redguards, Imperials and Bretons have a very blatant neck seam and using the Complexion slider doesn't fix it either.
  • Some of the female Lykaios presets use some tints/warpaints that are not available during chargen (I guess because they aren't listed in their tint data?), so if you use one of those presets, you end up stuck with a bunch of tints and warpaints that cannot be edited or removed.
  • The latest YA download includes some Hoodies scripts, but the YA schlongs package also includes older (and smaller) versions of the same scripts according to their file attributes. Which ones should be kept, the most recent ones from the main archive or the older (and larger) ones from the Schlongs download?
Link to post

Goddammit, I spent ages trying to separate the schlong stuff from the vanilla stuff. Are you sure there are still scripts in the base mod? (Edit: Shit, yes and that damn pimpingbrawl script that I deleted once already. I have no idea where that came from.

 

Edit: Oh, keep the ones in the schlongs file.

 

On the neck seam, could you look closely at it and tell me if it's a seam between head and body (straight line) or if the neck is feathered into the body but it's abrupt? The first would likely be your ENB; the second is me trying to get a smooth transition and apparently failing.

 

Also I found the problem with Ulfric's mane so I'll be working on that.

Link to post
1 hour ago, Bad Dog said:

On the neck seam, could you look closely at it and tell me if it's a seam between head and body (straight line) or if the neck is feathered into the body but it's abrupt? The first would likely be your ENB; the second is me trying to get a smooth transition and apparently failing.

I've got some pics for you:

 

Female Altmer, when you select them:

Spoiler

Altmer_Female.jpg

 

Female Altmer, after you move the "Complexion" slider (and thus force the game to load the texture set in the Race data even if it's not the same as in the Head Part data for the head)

Spoiler

Altmer_Female_Complexion.jpg

 

Male Altmer (Complexion slider has no effect).

Spoiler

Altmer_Male.jpg

 

Female Imperial (Complexion slider has no effect)

Spoiler

Imperial_Female.jpg

 

Female Redguard (Complexion slider has no effect)

Spoiler

Redguard_Female.jpg

 

Female Orc, when selecting them

Spoiler

Orc_Female.jpg

 

Female Orc, after using the Complexion slider

Spoiler

Orc_Female_Complexion.jpg

 

As you can see, there's a very blatant seam on most of them, though some can be fixed by using the "Complexion" slider.

 

Still, now that you mention ENB, if I disable mine it's true the seams are barely visible if anything at all, so I think there's something that makes the ENB render that huge mismatch even though it's not really present with vanilla shaders.

 

My bet is on the subsurface maps (the _sk textures). They don't really have any effect with vanilla shaders, and the most they can do is cause some ugly bronze shine that has even prompted people to simply replace the sk textures with black 4x4 placeholders to disable them altogether (like for example Ugly Bronze Shine Remover), with no noticeable quality loss on visuals (except for the removal of the bronze shine bug, obviously, but that's a good thing).

 

But ENB does use them for the Subsurface Scattering shader, and they have a noticeable impact on skin textures. And since I'm using Kwanon ENB, the effect is even greater, because it was created by the author of Fair Skin and specifically built for Fair Skin's detailed SK maps.

 

You seem to be using the diffuse maps as sk textures as well, which is probably what causes the seams. Since sk maps have no effect on vanilla shaders but can screw up ENB ones pretty bad, I'd say you should change the texture paths so they all point to a single seamless SK set. Looking at the files, there's a bunch of SK textures in the base "textures\actors\character" folder that could do the trick already (they are called femalebodysk, malebodysk, malefeetsk and makehandssk). You just need to make a matching and seamless texture for the head and edit the texture sets so they point to their corresponding sk map instead of the diffuse.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

On a separate note, something is wrong with the female Dunmer textures. Seems like the right ear is using the wrong UV; either that or the textures are wrong. Did you use the male normal map for the female heads by mistake or something like that?

 

Pic:

Spoiler

Dunmer_Female_Ear.jpg

 

Link to post

I have switched to using the diffuse as the sk texture nearly everywhere. I'm not sure why doing that with both head and body would cause a seam at the join with ENB. I just walked through all the complexions and made them all match and will see what I see. I'd neglected the complexions before. If I have to replace them with different SK textures I'm going to have major problems. (Should noses have a special patch in the SK? Since all the noses are different shapes, do I have to do a different SK for every race? What about inner ears?)

Link to post
1 minute ago, Bad Dog said:

I have switched to using the diffuse as the sk texture nearly everywhere. I'm not sure why doing that with both head and body would cause a seam at the join with ENB. I just walked through all the complexions and made them all match and will see what I see. I'd neglected the complexions before. If I have to replace them with different SK textures I'm going to have major problems. (Should noses have a special patch in the SK? Since all the noses are different shapes, do I have to do a different SK for every race? What about inner ears?)

You could simply use a very small (like 4x4 or 8x8) all black texture like the subsurface disablers and point all _sk entries in the texture sets to that path. It's what I did for males in the shark race, and while it does cause the Subsurface Scattering shader from ENB to lose some detail (because the texture is all black, duh), at least it doesn't cause any seams like the current setup does.

 

Otherwise, you can keep the current sk textures you have (which seem to be all white except for the bits not covered by fur like genitals or inside of the ears, which are red). The issue with the different heads could be solved by having the head sk be all white instead of having the ear and nose detail; that way the sk detail for the bodies remains there but there shouldn't be any mismatch between body and head, and you can use the same head sk texture for all head texture sets.

Link to post
47 minutes ago, Bad Dog said:

[...]

I just replaced the vanilla SK textures with the white-and-red SK ones from the "textures\actors\character" folder and then edited all YA texture sets to point to them, and all seams seem to be gone. Some of the transitions are still not 100% seamless, but the mismatches are barely noticeable even with ENB and are not nearly as blatant as they were before.

 

So I'd say pointing all SK texture paths to your white-and-red SK files would work.

Link to post

Okay, 5.6 is up. This:

  • Fixes the tris so Ulfric will work on SE. @ShadowKitty42, I'm putting up an SE version that has the fix but that I haven't facegenned yet.
  • Fixes the texture problems @Blaze69 reported. Blaze, I didn't use the texture you suggest because I was doing it in parallel... I made sure all the texture sets were consistent and then loaded up an ENB to check. If this doesn't get rid of the seam I'll switch the SK paths. Which ENB are you using?

Meanwhile I have yet to get a stable game on this new machine. Still beating on it.

Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...