Bad Dog

Yiffy Age of Skyrim

When loading this on SSE, with the most minimal load order possible, on a new game Ulfric Stormcloak's head is a glitchy mess. No idea if that happens on LE or if it's a result of my conversion.

And for some reason, no matter what I do, I can't get the game to go through any cell transition. I can do the entire intro sequence (with YA textures removed, cause it was giving CTD), but when I get to the part of entering the keep with either Hadvar or Ralof, the game gives CTD on the load screen.

I even have a 100% unmodded, clean save from inside that keep, and that gives CTD on load with YA enabled.

Edit: small note on Ulfric's head, it doesn't start to glitch out until later on when General Tullius is talking to him.

Alright, disregard what I said about the crashes previously. (Ulfric is still a mess though)

With all meshes converted to SE, if I disable ONLY YiffyAgeDigi, 90% of the crashes are resolved. If I remove all textures (but keep meshes), the rest of the crashes are resolved (but I haven't gone into texture troubleshooting yet.)

So I have confirmed there is some problem with YiffyAgeDigi. I haven't looked at it in detail yet.

Edit: I loaded up YiffyAgeDigi using SSEEdit. When looking at the records in it, there are a TON of records that say "error: could not be resolved" and I don't know how to fix those. Bad Dog will need to take a look at it and possibly remake that ESP.

... and my modding laptop has died the Real Death, so Bad Dog isn't going to be doing anything for a little while. Dunno how long it will take me to recover. I haven't got the spare cash for a new laptop right now and I don't know how capable my only alternative is. 

This sucks pretty hard but the upside is I just finished uploading a new version, which I'm calling a beta. In the usual place there are files for the base mod, the digitigrade feet, the SOS additions, and HDT tails. The base mod is now vanilla tail animations. 

All the bugs I know of are fixed. I did a cleanup of the hair and I can flip through them all without crashing. Let me know if your experience differs.

I'm guessing shadowkitty might be hitting system limitations. Did you try using the reduced textures?

Whats wrong with your laptop precisely? Maybe I can help you there. You do a lot for us with this mod, I'd be happy to offer a bit of technical assistance if you describe the issue to me :)

Another thing, I have the floppySOS mod installed. I noticed that the balls like to flop around with physics, which is nice but schlongs don't, they have that SoS style laggy movement to them. Any way around this? I like having the physics on dongs setup like before :P

Might just be the power supply, might be the motherboard. If it's the motherboard there's likely no resurrecting it. Bad smell, bad noise, thing shut down, no lights, no action.

I don't really know anything about HDT. I think the XML assigns weights and physics to bones, so in theory you could give physics to the whole shaft. But none of the other schlongs have done that and I don't know how to do it.

11 minutes ago, Bad Dog said:

I'm guessing shadowkitty might be hitting system limitations. Did you try using the reduced textures?

It couldn't be that, I've been loading the game without any YA textures.

I have separated all parts of the mod into "ESP and scripts", "meshes", and "textures", for each mod.

I have textures for everything turned off.

If I enable just YA Digi, the game crashes on title screen. If enable it and the meshes, I can play through the entire intro sequence up to the point of going into the keep with Hadvar or Ralof, and it crashes on the loading screen.

If I load a clean save that's already in the keep, it crashes.

If I enable my entire load order (that worked with my shoddy conversion of YA 4.2) and enable everything except YA Digi, it works perfectly.

Oh hey. Those "Error: Could not be resolved" errors sound like what happens when you make changes in CK to a mod that depends on another mod that is NOT an esm. CK says fuck you and zeros out any references to a form in the mod that's not an esm. Since you had to touch the digi esp, I bet that's what happened. Try the conversion again but setting YiffyAgeConsolidated to an esm first, then setting it back when you're done.

2 minutes ago, Bad Dog said:

Oh hey. Those "Error: Could not be resolved" errors sound like what happens when you make changes in CK to a mod that depends on another mod that is NOT an esm. CK says fuck you and zeros out any references to a form in the mod that's not an esm. Since you had to touch the digi esp, I bet that's what happened. Try the conversion again but setting YiffyAgeConsolidated to an esm first, then setting it back when you're done.

Oh, I forgot to mention, I resolved that already. I removed the SOS core esm from Digi incorrectly. I put the original back and that fixed that error. But it still crashes in-game.

42 minutes ago, Bad Dog said:

Might just be the power supply, might be the motherboard. If it's the motherboard there's likely no resurrecting it. Bad smell, bad noise, thing shut down, no lights, no action.

I don't really know anything about HDT. I think the XML assigns weights and physics to bones, so in theory you could give physics to the whole shaft. But none of the other schlongs have done that and I don't know how to do it.

Oh, no lights at all tells me that it's your PSU. A functional powersupply will power on, but if your motherboard is at fault then it'll sit there spinning it's fans trying to boot a nonexistant computer - at least for a time. The issue is, it probably bricked your motherboard along with it if it surged.

I might be inclined to recommend a transplant of your laptop's hard drive into a desktop computer in order to recover your data.

I know you can't afford to replace it, but why not setup a patreon? I'd donate. A few bucks here and there over a couple of months, from various furfags that want to support ya and keep the mod alive will add up to a new machine :)

100 people throwing in between 1-10 bucks here or there can land you a decent second hand deal off of fleabay or someshit.

15 minutes ago, Gayton Kerslut said:

I know you can't afford to replace it, but why not setup a patreon? I'd donate. A few bucks here and there over a couple of months, from various furfags that want to support ya and keep the mod alive will add up to a new machine :)

100 people throwing in between 1-10 bucks here or there can land you a decent second hand deal off of fleabay or someshit.

BD already has one :)

https://www.patreon.com/baddog/overview

13 minutes ago, Gayton Kerslut said:

Should increase it's exposure then. How can we circulate his patreon to help him out?

I can't chip in more than a buck or two, since I'm not exactly rich myself. but enough people doing that will be handy. 15 patrons is just a matter of poor exposure :P

Its in his signature and been there for awhile. =P

Here is a better question BadDog! do you have a spare harddrive to work with and how far away from Arizona do you live? I actually have a spare dell Precision T3500 and a Geforce gtx 960 laying around in my apartment that I just pulled from my folks house.

2 hours ago, Gayton Kerslut said:

Whats wrong with your laptop precisely? Maybe I can help you there. You do a lot for us with this mod, I'd be happy to offer a bit of technical assistance if you describe the issue to me :)

Another thing, I have the floppySOS mod installed. I noticed that the balls like to flop around with physics, which is nice but schlongs don't, they have that SoS style laggy movement to them. Any way around this? I like having the physics on dongs setup like before :P

floppy is broken as fuck.

2 hours ago, Bad Dog said:

recover them.

You def wanna transplant the drive.

6 hours ago, Bad Dog said:

... and my modding laptop has died the Real Death, so Bad Dog isn't going to be doing anything for a little while. Dunno how long it will take me to recover. I haven't got the spare cash for a new laptop right now and I don't know how capable my only alternative is.

(becomes self aware and fucking runs to his backup hard drives) SHITSHITSHITSHITSHITSHITBACKUPFUCKINGEVRYTHING!!!!!!!

7 hours ago, Bad Dog said:

This sucks pretty hard but the upside is I just finished uploading a new version, which I'm calling a beta. In the usual place there are files for the base mod, the digitigrade feet, the SOS additions, and HDT tails. The base mod is now vanilla tail animations. 

All the bugs I know of are fixed. I did a cleanup of the hair and I can flip through them all without crashing. Let me know if your experience differs.

Repairing laptops is my hobby, maybe I can help. What is the model and manufacturer? How does the defect manifest? Is the laptop totally dead (does not turn on) does not charge the battery? Does it turn on but the screen is black? Beeps when turned on ?

10 hours ago, Bad Dog said:

Laptops don't really have much in the way of an internal power supply, mostly just components that regulate voltage from the battery to the mainboard. If there was a bad smell when it died, that's a sign that something fried. Unfortunately, that means that unless you or someone you know knows how to replace VRM's, resistors etc. then it's done for. Even if you did know how to do that, if the component went out in a literal blaze of glory and damaged the traces on the board then it's straight fucked, no repair tech on earth can bring it back.

One of the best indicators for signs of life is if you have a spare AC adapter you can test on it. If the charge light comes on, then there is hope for salvation as that means the motherboard is accepting and capable of acknowledging the current. If not, then something on the mainboard fried. Given the scenario, the latter is unfortunately more likely.

So I know that I'm a stranger from the internet and you have no reason to trust me, but I'm gonna throw this offer out anyways:

If you're desperate enough, I'd be happy to take a look at that laptop if you sent it to me. I've been working in the tech sector for 10+ years, and while I'm no Louis Rossman (that dude's like a literal wizard, I swear) if the fix is simple enough I could try reviving the laptop for you. If not, it's easy peasy to yank out the HDD and back it up to an external. I even have an old HDD cradle still so your drive wouldn't even have to go in my computer.

Like I said, I know I'm a complete stranger, and the potential implications of what I'm offering aren't lost on me, but it feels wrong knowing I might be able to help and staying silent. You miss 100% of the shots you don't take etc. etc. I promise not to be offended if you decline.

Also, in more reasonable territory, I do have a gaming laptop I could afford to part with, just not for free. It's an HP Omen 17-253DX. It has an i7-7700HQ and a GTX 1050Ti, should be pretty capable of anything Skyrim related and then some. I can't just give it away but I could let it go for far less than it's worth, since I really would like to see all your mods continue to get made.

11 hours ago, Bad Dog said:

This could be a power circuit. It may be a bad mosfet.

10 hours ago, Gayton Kerslut said:

Oh, no lights at all tells me that it's your PSU. A functional powersupply will power on, but if your motherboard is at fault then it'll sit there spinning it's fans trying to boot a nonexistant computer - at least for a time. The issue is, it probably bricked your motherboard along with it if it surged.

I might be inclined to recommend a transplant of your laptop's hard drive into a desktop computer in order to recover your data.

Can confirm there is a Patreon. I give BadDog a buck a month. Not much but when you're broke...

Yes, and thanks to folks who contribute. That's my buy-a-new-laptop-when-this-one-fries fund, and it will be a big help but won't get me all the way there. I have some hope of rustling up the rest of the funds before the end of the month.

I have a local tech person who's really good. But I'm pretty sure she's gonna tell me the MB is gone and I'm borked. Getting back the disk is easy assuming it didn't fry too--I've actually done that, tho not in a long time--and if there's anything irreplaceable I'll do that. But my working folder is shadowed in the cloud so all I lost was my actual mod folders. That means all the ESPs, but they're pretty much all in mods that I've posted online. So I think I'm actually okay there.

I'm setting up my work laptop to handle things meantime. It's not capable of playing the game and I'm not willing to put my more, uh, exotic work on here but it's enough to do a repair on YA. 

More as it happens. Thanks for the offers of help. I'll take y'all up on it if I need to.