20 hours ago, Bad Dog said:

Oh, fergot -- People with tail problems let me know wassup, with or without the HDT addon.

Turns out those nifs refer to a bone that's not in the vanilla skeleton, for no good reason that I can see. It could be that that's what's causing tails to disconnect. (Maybe. I can't really explain the picture upthread.) I took it off the fox brush and ran around with it a bit, and it seems fine that way. So likely I'll take it off the rest of the tails too. Then XPMSE is only required for the HDT tails. 

I still do not get HDT tails for Argonian or Nords.  All the other races have them.  And if I revert back to 5.02, they work.  Just not in 5.3 or 5.04.

I started a new profile, and a new game, with just the requirements for YA, and had the same results.  Is anyone else experiencing this, or is this just me?

I can tell during the character creation (using Race Menu) whether or not the tail is going to be HDT or game animated, by whether or not it is sticking straight out.  If it is animated during the racemenu, then it isn't going to be HDT.  If it is sticking straight out, then it is.

17 hours ago, Blaze69 said:

You need GIMP with the DDS plugin to open those. They are saved as L8 Grayscale, which means no quality loss (as specular textures are meant to be grayscale anyway) with smaller file size than using the standard uncompressed RGB8 format because it needs to store less information than that one.

It sounded like a good way to reduce file size without having compression artifacts, and it does work fine in LE and NifSkope, but the SE renderer no longer supports the format so the game crashes when trying to load it. Outfit Studio/Bodyslide also crashes when trying to load it, mind you.

So load them up in GIMP and resave them as either DXT1/BC1 compression (small file size, quality loss and compression artifacts) or as uncompressed RGB8 (no quality loss or compression artifacts, but pretty big file size).

Thanks so much for that. Your guidance on the textures allowed me to fix that problem and now the game doesn't crash in windhelm.

I have a couple bugs to report though. I'm not sure if this is present on LE, but it's what I'm seeing on SE.

Male Argonians have a weird texture glitch coming from their head (the red plane flashes upward at the same angle, but it's so fast it's hard to screenshot):

Edit: I have a correction to this. It happens to both male and female. It only starts when they start talking. For males, it randomly goes away. For females, it goes away when they finish talking.

Spoiler

20190115172912_1.jpg.9909ca358b024193d64c868ca7fc4ef2.jpg20190115181557_1.jpg.09b9c1f7407011d2f9d39ab1da93226c.jpg20190115181530_1.jpg.60f59f7616fec5351315e5429d7f4f15.jpg

And when it comes to Ulfric Stormcloak, his face has super glitchy textures and a black vertical plane whenever he has an angry face:

Spoiler

20190115173256_1.jpg.825c350885357e90bae7d64e53b55091.jpg20190115173305_1.jpg.327381f7c37ae94206ee2e10f95f8b2f.jpg20190115173302_1.jpg.888e27c0c0f96d3296a423d30b6d3a2d.jpg20190115173259_1.jpg.71e47b4703697db0859c9faf883a077a.jpg

4 hours ago, Gayton Kerslut said:

Hey, mind doing a floppySOS patch or finding a way to make it behave like I could get it to back in V4? I could get it by excluding the files that got HDT behaviour on SOS bones in your HDT patch.

I love V5, the quality of the meshes is so good but do find myself missing when it comes to physics on dicks :<

I'm unexcited about doing a special Floppy patch. I used that mod until switching over to HDT, and have no reason to go back. Do you have a reason not to use HDT?

2 hours ago, howlwind said:

I still do not get HDT tails for Argonian or Nords.  All the other races have them.  And if I revert back to 5.02, they work.  Just not in 5.3 or 5.04.

I started a new profile, and a new game, with just the requirements for YA, and had the same results.  Is anyone else experiencing this, or is this just me?

I can tell during the character creation (using Race Menu) whether or not the tail is going to be HDT or game animated, by whether or not it is sticking straight out.  If it is animated during the racemenu, then it isn't going to be HDT.  If it is sticking straight out, then it is.

I believe I never HDT-ized the argonians. I thought their tails wouldn't look good, since they should be stiffer than mammalian tails. But I could do something with them.

Nords are HDT, no question. I'll look, but I don't think there's anything different about them.

1 hour ago, ShadowKitty42 said:

I have a couple bugs to report though. I'm not sure if this is present on LE, but it's what I'm seeing on SE.

Male Argonians have a weird texture glitch coming from their head (the red plane flashes upward at the same angle, but it's so fast it's hard to screenshot):

Edit: I have a correction to this. It happens to both male and female. It only starts when they start talking. For males, it randomly goes away. For females, it goes away when they finish talking.

Reveal hidden contents

And when it comes to Ulfric Stormcloak, his face has super glitchy textures and a black vertical plane whenever he has an angry face:

Reveal hidden contents

Listen to 27X. That kind of bug usually means the tris don't match the head or mouth mesh. Are you sure you ran nord heads and argonian mouths through the converter as head parts?

1 hour ago, Bad Dog said:

Listen to 27X. That kind of bug usually means the tris don't match the head or mouth mesh. Are you sure you ran nord heads and argonian mouths through the converter as head parts?

Oh, he hadn't quoted me so I didn't know he was replying to me. I didn't understand what he meant anyways.

First thing I did was separate out head parts and non-head parts and ran them through the converter, like I did with v4.2.

I went ahead and tried something though. I was using all the LE facegen that came with the mod.

I removed all the facegen and that took care of the vertical planes on both argonians and Ulfric.

The argonian faces look fine without facegen, nothing wrong with the coloring.

But now everyone else is grey face.

How do I properly generate facegen for everybody? Do I just load up YiffyAgeConsolidated in Creation Kit SE and do Ctrl + F4 on every NPC marked with a *?

Also, even though this fixed the vertical plane, it didn't fix Ulfric's glitchy face. The black blob in the middle of his face appears during certain expressions, is constantly changing in weird ways, and stays in a static position (doesn't turn when his head turns, but changes along with the vertical movement of his mouth).

It can't be a problem with nords in general, this only happens on Ulfric and none of the other nords that I've seen.

Edit: and the glitch blob isn't there constantly. It's only intermittent. Would it help if I recorded a video and put it on Youtube? I can easily do that.

I'm not sure what it's worth, but I have a wishlist for V5, probably for after V5 "goes gold," listed in order of least wanted to most wanted (and spoilered for tidiness):

BodySlide for male schlongs.

Bodyslide for female schlongs. Slightly higher priority due to the small gap present when using smaller low end slider sets like UNP skinny or UNPetite.

Texture support for Dragonic argonians. Male textures: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/1443 Female textures: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/1442

Texture support for CoverKhajiits. Head textures: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/5941 Male textures: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/6192 Female hand textures (body textures not UNP compatible): https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/7329/ Female UNP body textures (in the optional files): https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/11400?tab=files

I'm not sure how many other folks want any of these things so they're probably all fairly low priority features. Also, in the interest of full disclosure, I'm very low priority in particular because I can't even use any of them until the SSE version comes out because I may have kind of sort of maybe possibly definitely broken my Skyrim LE installation. For those interested, the story all about that is in the following spoiler. Careful, it's a bit of a long one. I tried to make it readable, though.

It was all running pretty smoothly. Decent framerate for Skyrim LE (I didn't even realise OG Skyrim wasn't 64-bit until I installed SSE; no wonder it was such a piece of crap). No crashes, ever, even during long play sessions, despite using multiple high impact/high risk mods like Yiffy Age and Death Alternative. And then I decided to the mod the game to look less shitty, which I thought I could get away with because of how smooth and stable everything was.

Boy was I wrong.

I decided to install the Tamriel Reloaded texture overhaul, Realistic Water 2, Static Mesh Improvement Mod and Dynamic Distant Object LOD. Despite using the lowest impact/best performance versions of all of them, one of them, some combination of them or all of them at once was just too much for the poor (read: absolutely awful) 32-bit engine to handle and I would now get semi-consistent unrecoverable hangs and even the occasional infinite loading screen; something I was all too familiar with from Fallout 4 but didn't even know could happen for Skyrim.

Whoops.

I decided that instead of un-fucking my old Skyrim LE installation (which was certainly possible, if tedious; an unfortunate side-effect of manually installing everything (call me old-fashioned)) I would instead just finally make the switch over to SSE because I accidentally learned that it ran SIGNIFICANTLY better than LE because it was 64-bit and Skyrim LE was not. A fresh installation was nice, although that means that it took a bit of time and trial and error to patch all of the chips and cracks in the engine (again) for maximum stability.

Almost every mod I was using was either directly compatible with SSE, easily self-ported to SSE or had been ported to SSE already and they all work fine for the most part (although Death Alternative is a little busted at the moment). Now the game also looks better, runs significantly better, looks better, loads/runs faster and looks better. Did I mention it looks better? I'm not sure how much of that was from the upgrade itself and how much of it was from those mods I mentioned earlier but never got to enjoy for Skyrim LE but boy does the game look great now.

Hooray!

The only things I'm missing out on from my old Skyrim LE installation are lockpicks having weight (despite loading my entire load order in xEdit saying that PerMa Thief was the last plugin to edit the lockpicks entry), the less lockpicks mod I used to use (since that one edits loot tables, I'm not sure if that one's safe to haphazardly port from LE), all of the outfit mods I used to use (although, if I bothered, I could probably just self-port all of them), sexlab-compatible Immersive First-person View (although, honestly, I'm currently fully enjoying it working much better for actual gameplay at the moment), non-humanoid-related HDT (although CBPC re-added humanoid jiggles and collision), Selachii and Yiffy Age.

Though, they do say absence makes the heart grow fonder. That just means I will enjoy it even more when I can metaphorically suplex those boring humies off of a metaphorical cliff and replace them all with furries, for significantly more interesting general character design. After all, why be forced to pick between "man," "slightly different man," "slightly different man," "slightly more different man," "lime elf," "lemon elf," "blueberry elf," "vanilla elf," "weird cat man," and "weird lizard/salamander man" when you can pick between "wolf man," "fox man," "jackal man," "hyena man," "sabertooth man," "cheetah man," "panther man," "tiger man," "housecat man" and "motherfuckin' dragon man?"

I think facegen for SE is the same as for LE. All the NPCs are touched, except argonians, so just do them all. I would do the argonians too, because new mouths. I usually go race by race. 

Not sure what could be up with Ulfric, but it sounds like mouth or mouth tris. Facegen him and see if it makes a difference. (I think it should.)

23 hours ago, ShadowKitty42 said:

Thanks so much for that. Your guidance on the textures allowed me to fix that problem and now the game doesn't crash in windhelm.

How much do I have to pay you to get those new files of yours?

I am in the process of attempting those steps, myself, but I feel I'm going to screw it up real bad somehow.

21 hours ago, Bad Dog said:

I'm unexcited about doing a special Floppy patch. I used that mod until switching over to HDT, and have no reason to go back. Do you have a reason not to use HDT?

Simply, there doesn't appear to be any physics on the dick itself when I use your HDT package, though there are on the balls.

The reason I like floppySOS is because it applies the physics to both the cock and balls at the same time. It's not so bad when you give all characters a sheath, but I have a fair mix of sheaths and anthro schlongs about with the way I set up the schlong probabilities. I don't like the way the SOS 'lag bones' move. Hence, a floppySOS patch would be great.

On 1/15/2019 at 9:07 AM, Kardienlupus said:

Like Tail extend like really long 30m rope.

In an older version of YA I know that paralyzing an enemy or killing a paralyzed enemy would make their tails get stuck in place and stretch infinitely, so I avoided all paralysis stuff. I don't know if that's still a thing with the tails in the newest version, might be a good idea to test it out but idk if it's fixable.

1 hour ago, ziggyr2750 said:

How much do I have to pay you to get those new files of yours?

I am in the process of attempting those steps, myself, but I feel I'm going to screw it up real bad somehow.

Well, the point of what I'm doing is to either give Bad Dog some simple instructions for making this conversion so he can put an SSE version on the main page.

Or, with his permission, I could upload my completed version and he can put a link to it on the main page.

On 1/15/2019 at 7:31 PM, 27X said:

Check the mesh attributions.

I happened to try the female Nord (I always play male characters), and the female tail is HDT enabled.  So I did look at the mesh attributes and compared them between the male and female lycaios tails, and this is what I found:

maleTailLykaios

Spoiler

maleTailLykaios.thumb.JPG.c387bffbffdf71ae2917f7bec504fb07.JPG

femaleTailLykaios

Spoiler

femaleTailLykaios.thumb.JPG.e73d0b2ea4f263e4f2b6bfcb60456b50.JPG

The maleTailLykaios seems to refer to a BGED at AuxBones\Tail\Tailproject.hkx, but doesn't have an HDT Havok path. 

Edit: I confirmed the maleTailLykaios in 5.2 does have the HDT Havok path, and this is the last version that the male Nord tail had HDT enabled for me.  I'm not sure how all of this modding stuff works, so feel free to tell me I'm barking up the wrong tree. :)

Edit2: Copying the maleTailLykaios.nif from 5.2 to the YiffyAgeHDTTails 5.4 mod has given me back HDT tails on male Nords.  I am happy. :)

33 minutes ago, howlwind said:

Edit: I confirmed the maleTailLykaios in 5.2 does have the HDT Havok path, and this is the last version that the male Nord tail had HDT enabled for me.  I'm not sure how all of this modding stuff works, so feel free to tell me I'm barking up the wrong tree. :)

that's the right tree:

"BGED" is the original Skyrim tail movement.

"HDT Havok Path" is...well its self explanatory.

21 hours ago, ShadowKitty42 said:

Well, the point of what I'm doing is to either give Bad Dog some simple instructions for making this conversion so he can put an SSE version on the main page.

Or, with his permission, I could upload my completed version and he can put a link to it on the main page.

Given BadDog has my SE conversion of one of his mods linked in the Op of the topic of said mod I'm pretty sure he'd be fine.

Should sheaths be floppy? That's a kinda existential question there. I guess if bellies can be floppy, sheaths can be floppy. But what about balls? I mean having them jounce around is all very well but not so practical. I like them close up against the body except during action. Maybe that could be done.

As for SE, have at it. I haven't converted over to it full time and converting mods is more of a burden than a fun thing. Tho now that I'm on my new machine maybe I'll give it another look.

5 hours ago, Bad Dog said:

Should sheaths be floppy? That's a kinda existential question there. I guess if bellies can be floppy, sheaths can be floppy. But what about balls? I mean having them jounce around is all very well but not so practical. I like them close up against the body except during action. Maybe that could be done.

As for SE, have at it. I haven't converted over to it full time and converting mods is more of a burden than a fun thing. Tho now that I'm on my new machine maybe I'll give it another look.

The only thing I'm having an issue with is facegen. it's slow af and only using roughly 16% of my processor. At the rate I'm going, it'll take a week to make all the facegen.

If anybody has some tips that can make Creation Kit process it faster, that would be awesome.

Edit: I deleted my previous edits because I found the problem. The 5.04 download doesn't have the 'actors\character\00LykaiosRaceTextures\Lykaios Tintmasks\' folder. The 5.03 I had from before does have it. When generating facegen for Lykaios I was getting errors so I went looking for the files.

Edit2: Alright, so I put that tintmask folder from 5.03 in and generated facegen for ulfric and now his face is even more glitchy than with the LE facegen. And it only does it during certain facial expressions. It's also not a nord/lykaios thing, because on the way into windhelm on a new character, you see 2 of them berating someone with angry faces, and they're not glitchy at all. There's some problem with Ulfric himself. Maybe it has to do with his hair? idk

7 hours ago, ShadowKitty42 said:

The only thing I'm having an issue with is facegen. it's slow af and only using roughly 16% of my processor. At the rate I'm going, it'll take a week to make all the facegen.

Darlin', you're singing my song. I go race by race, maybe 200-400 NPCs at a time, and get out of and back into CK from time to time. On my machine it started out at 4-5 NPCs/minute and then slowed down to maybe 1 in 2 minutes.

I'll fix the tintmask problem. Try changing Ulfric's hair. The mane he has is a bit wonky. If that's it I can take another look at it.

18 hours ago, Bad Dog said:

Should sheaths be floppy? That's a kinda existential question there. I guess if bellies can be floppy, sheaths can be floppy. But what about balls? I mean having them jounce around is all very well but not so practical. I like them close up against the body except during action. ...

I don't know about sheaths, I'm used to imagining anthro sheaths tight to the body, but it doesn't displease me. Bouncy balls does, but I dislike balls, my male characters are all neuters. It'd be cool if we could select genital combinations like "sheath with no balls" in Racemenu.

21 hours ago, Bad Dog said:

Sheaths are floppy. 

I own a border collie and his sheath doesn't sit tight against his body, it swings side to side as he walks in a very noticible way xD. It's just what dicks seem to do. It's a dick in a little pouch, it'll flop around. I don't want to investigate any more than just reporting what I can see though. I'm a furfag, not a zoophile. I'll tell you what I've seen but I ain't touching that without it being attached to something anthropropmorphic :L.